Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 21:18   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Do you have a Friendly Neighborhood Garage that you prefer to carry out the mods and upgrades in the car? I have tried to find one around the city but couldn't.
Have to carry out the work at home only.
Same here. There are bits and pieces people for odd jobs but most proper work needs to be done yourself or under close supervision. But I found the people at the Nexa workshop quite knowledgeable. The work on this Baleno is a fraction of what I have tried on my bikes.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:22   #3257

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Currently struggling with finding the power window switches in the dark. Is anyone aware of illuminated/radium switches that can be put? Or is there some config setting that I am missing?
Old 13th February 2020, 12:42   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugzy View Post
Currently struggling with finding the power window switches in the dark. Is anyone aware of illuminated/radium switches that can be put? Or is there some config setting that I am missing?
I used to stick radium stickers/tape over power window switches in my previous cars. This is the cheapest workaround for the problem you are facing.

Cheapest radium stickers I could find cost 200rs for a bag of 20 in local shops. You should be able to find pleanty of options in amazon or in your friendly neighborhood stationary/sticker shops.

Replacing switches for this would be overkill IMHO.
sathish81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 13:28   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I used to stick radium stickers/tape over power window switches in my previous cars. This is the cheapest workaround for the problem you are facing.
That's good idea. Can you share some pics or links please?
Old 13th February 2020, 13:31   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
That's good idea. Can you share some pics or links please?
Don't have pics, but you buy tape like below

LifeKrafts Glow in The Dark Tape Sticker.(Size: 2cm*5 Meter) Photo Luminescent to Mark Stairs, Walls, Doors, Exit Sign, Steps. Safety Tape. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VPK6NP5/..._UiqrEbFWSCSGP
sathish81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 16:03   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They are not supposed to charge extra for brake cleaning. Maruti has clearly instructed the same to dealers. I see most of the dealers not charging the same now. Brake cleaning, brake pads change, tyre rotation are all included in PMS charges.
Hello Naren Sir, can you please share the complete circular which is applicable all over India. In this one, it's written- applicable to Kerala. Whenever I ask my local service center to inspect & clean brakes, they say that it's included in brake overhaul charges. Since last 2 times, I have not been paying the cleaning charges, but I have to argue a lot for that.
Anindya_Anni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 16:57   #3262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Hello Naren Sir, can you please share the complete circular which is applicable all over India. In this one, it's written- applicable to Kerala. Whenever I ask my local service center to inspect & clean brakes, they say that it's included in brake overhaul charges. Since last 2 times, I have not been paying the cleaning charges, but I have to argue a lot for that.
Sorry, I don't have it with me. The circular is issued by every regional office to the dealers. I am sure it's not limited to Kerala. If the dealer asks you to pay for these jobs, just tell them that you would escalate to Maruti
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:36   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where the indicator lights flasher relay is exactly located in the Baleno? Could not find it near the fuse boxes.

Thanks in advance...
Old 13th February 2020, 17:43   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I don't have it with me. The circular is issued by every regional office to the dealers. I am sure it's not limited to Kerala. If the dealer asks you to pay for these jobs, just tell them that you would escalate to Maruti
I haven't faced this yet, but I believe one can say that these are recommended in the user manual for the periodic service, for which they already charge fixed labor in their bills in a separate line item (had seen a colleague's bill). May not work, but one can try.
Old 13th February 2020, 20:20   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
If the dealer asks you to pay for these jobs, just tell them that you would escalate to Maruti
That's one of the points I tell them in order to get brake cleaning done. But, they keep arguing with me that brake cleaning is not included in pms charges. Do you know how to extract details of pms, like what jobs are included in it by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
I believe one can say that these are recommended in the user manual for the periodic service.
Yes, I tell them, but they just don't agree with me on the point of brake cleaning.
Last year, I was surprised to see the name of brake cleaning job in the invoice as Valentine Day camp.
Anindya_Anni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:04   #3266
Distinguished - BHPian

India's most loved Premium Hatch crosses 700,000 unit sales milestone in 51 months .

Baleno sales:

FY2016: 44,697
FY2017: 120,804 (170%)
FY2018: 190,480 (57%)
FY2019: 212,330 (11%)
FY2020: 152,422 (-14%) April 2019-Jan 2018: 177,122)

Total: 720,733

0-700,000 units:

100,000: 12 months
200,000: 21 months
300,000: 27 months
400,000: 33 months
500,000: 38 months
600,000: 44 months

700,000: 51 months

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:50   #3267
BHPian

Bumped into the 'Fox Fire' product website and saw the headunit for Baleno. Anybody who got this fitted in their Baleno ?
Would request the feedback as I am tempted.

Here is the link :
http://www.foxfire.co.in/android-sys...?product_id=90
Old 3rd March 2020, 22:11   #3268
BHPian

Hello friends,

First of all, thank you everyone here for making my decision easy to buy Baleno as a replacement of 2006 Swift Vxi. I have re-read this forum multiple times when I was in dilemma in finalizing between Ciaz (lovely car) and Baleno.

Actually, I wanted to buy Sedan after driving a Hatchback for such a long time. The other car which I considered was Hyundai Verna Diesel manual. Have had TDs of it’s different variants multiple times. That car, particularly diesel manual is a gem. My current monthly running is not more than 700-800 kms. So diesel was not making any sense. Didn’t considered Petrol Verna because of very low FE experiences of fellow colleagues.

But considering living in Mumbai’s crowded central area, having office just 4 kms away, doing a job which requires 10-12 days of touring a month, and diminishing demand for segment in India, my perspective changed about having a Sedan. Well ! for right now.

For my money and my current requirements, Baleno ticked all the boxes. Got a sweet deal for my Swift which I was not expecting. Dealer was not ready to offer same buy-back deal which was offered to me for Ciaz in November. But finally dealer agreed (overall industry sales slump helped me I guess) and we closed the deal and loan formalities by end of December. I took the delivery in January.

Once again thank you very much everyone here. I will keep seeking help from friends here and will write a long term review after few months.

Here are some pics of my ride.

Went for top end Alpha MT as I liked UV cut glass and good quality reverse camera on this.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-bamt1.jpg

Kitna deti hai ? This was my sole trip from Pune till Lonavala. Impressive I can say. Yet to check tank to tank method.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fe1.jpg
Sachin V.W. is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 12:31   #3269
BHPian

Hello friends,

I have couple of queries.

1. For Alpha owners, do you think the thickness of the steering wheel is alright ? Though its factory fitted leather wrapped, I still feel it is very thin compare to my 2006 Swift's steering which was leather wrapped from outside. Has anyone added addition leather wrapping on steering for their Alpha model ? Do you guys recommend the same ?
2. Which are the good floor mats available ? I have seen some options online for 7D mats and they look good. Are they easy to install, maintain and clean ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th March 2020, 15:27   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki has revealed a more rugged-looking version of the Baleno, called the Baleno Cross, for select international markets.

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-b2.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks