Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2020, 16:20   #3301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Abhi,
the only way to really understand would be to drive a similar variant/aged car and see if you feel a drastic difference. If you want a data based approach then you can get hold of those decibel meters and check readings in your car Vs a similar spec/aged car.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 22:23   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Any other Baleno owners feel the same ? can anybody advise what could be the problem ?
Exactly my feeling, especially above 60km/h. My car is 4 years and 33+k old. Pointed out this to my sevice guy, but says it seems ok.
9216 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 16:05   #3303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I really wish if that could be the reason but my gut says something is not right. Car has never been so noisy before. Even my wife has noticed that who doesn't know anything on NVH
I felt similar thing when i started car after 7-8 days, but after that its sounding normal. Mine has done 27 k in 4 years.
Take your car on a longish run and then evaluate.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 18:40   #3304
BHPian

Hi Himanshu. Did you finally get the aftermarket suspension setup in your car. I am riding the same boat and would like to know if you were able to source the same. The one grouse I have with the baleno is the suspension. The car makes such a racket in even the smallest of undulations of our Indian roads. It is very nerve and back wrecking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Hey guys! I had a query I hope TBHP-ians will be able to solve. My 2016 Baleno Petrol Alpha has crossed 75000 KMs. and thanks to my heavy usage the suspension is slowly giving up. I was wondering if there are any reliable aftermarket suspension solutions which are better than what Maruti provides. Kindly point me in the right direction.

I surely hope with all the amazing DIY experts and Modification experts present on Team-BHP it should not be too hard. Finger crossed.
Old 21st June 2020, 21:54   #3305
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hi Himanshu. Did you finally get the aftermarket suspension setup in your car. I am riding the same boat and would like to know if you were able to source the same. The one grouse I have with the baleno is the suspension. The car makes such a racket in even the smallest of undulations of our Indian roads. It is very nerve and back wrecking.
Nah man. I changed my tyres so the ride is better now. My old tyres were gonzo anyway. Was planning on a suspension change from Maruti itself but waiting because of the covid-19 slowdown.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 22:07   #3306
BHPian

Which tyres did you opt for. I have the stocks running since last 3.5 years and 80k km’s. So thinking of upgrading to either 195/60/16 or 205/55/16. Will the 205/55 make the ride more comfortable or changing the profile to 60 is a better option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Nah man. I changed my tyres so the ride is better now. My old tyres were gonzo anyway. Was planning on a suspension change from Maruti itself but waiting because of the covid-19 slowdown.
Old 15th July 2020, 12:56   #3307
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India has issued a recall for the 78,222 units of the Baleno which were manufactured between January 8, 2019 - November 4, 2019. Maruti Suzuki is suspecting a possible issue with the fuel pump in both models.

Maruti Suzuki has also confirmed that the parts will be replaced free of cost and customers won't have to incur any cost of the servicing or new parts. Owners of the suspected vehicles under this recall campaign will be contacted by Maruti Suzuki authorised dealers in due course of time.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/maru...baleno-2263009
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:40   #3308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki India has issued a recall for the 78,222 units of the Baleno which were manufactured between January 8, 2019 - November 4, 2019. Maruti Suzuki is suspecting a possible issue with the fuel [/url]
I was expecting this very very soon, have been a part of baleno owners group on fb and there have been multiple instances of fuel pump failures in petrol cars. Car works fine and then refuses to crank up all of a sudden pointing towards a premature fuel pump failure.
Seeing so many people facing this issue with 2019 cars, i was surprised that Maruti remained silent for so long since they are pretty proactive with recalls and replacements, have checked my car and it falls under the recall. Would be waiting for a call from my dealer.
Old 16th July 2020, 08:58   #3309
BHPian

So my Baleno petrol is due for 4th year service. It's out of warranty now. I am in a fix if I should get it serviced at Nexa service center or pick an FNG. 4th year service is rather a major one and that makes it confusing. Any suggestions are welcome!
PS - My running is quite low. I have done just 21000kms in 4 years
Old 16th July 2020, 09:07   #3310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
So my Baleno petrol is due for 4th year service. It's out of warranty now. I am in a fix if I should get it serviced at Nexa service center or pick an FNG. 4th year service is rather a major one and that makes it confusing. Any suggestions are welcome!
PS - My running is quite low. I have done just 21000kms in 4 years
Two ways in my opinion:
1. If you know of a trustworthy FNG, then you can get the service done here with all the consumables changed since this service involves replacement of engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, filters and so. You can talk to them in advance regarding the usage of MGP only and also the right grade of oil that has to be used based on your cars owners manual(0W20) since the FNGs sometimes dont get updated quickly on changes wrt engine oil grades and use what they have in stock or some older recommendation like 5W30. Worst case you can just carry all the parts yourself and only pay them for labour.

2. If you are still unsure of FNG, then get the 40k service done at MASS and for the next service which only involves oil change, you can switch to an FNG and personally monitor their work to evaluate whether they do a good job or not.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:17   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno on test - BS6 1.0L Turbo Or 48V Hybrid?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibalenostronghybrid151068x740.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibalenostronghybrid2696x503.jpg

Quote:
A test mule spotted on roads could be that very model as the Baleno will more likely become the only hatch to be offered with three petrol engines. Another possibility is that the five-seater based on the Heartect platform could gain a 48V strong hybrid system.
Quote:
Less than a year go, Bosch was spied testing the Baleno SHEV in Bengaluru. The SHEV (Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle) technology comprises of a high capacity battery pack and multiple modes such as full electric, engine boost, coasting and brake energy regeneration.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th July 2020 at 09:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 17:37   #3312
BHPian

Guys, a question here for the owners. Has anyone tried using a frame less wiper? If yes, any issues faced? and what was the brand/make?
Old 10th August 2020, 17:59   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys, a question here for the owners. Has anyone tried using a frame less wiper? If yes, any issues faced? and what was the brand/make?
I am using the Bosch Clear-Advantage set on my Baleno. Unfortunately, right from the day it was installed, there has been an issue of the wipers jumping and juddering while in action. Initially I thought the issue is only when the windshield is not completely wet or when its not raining hard enough, but that's not the case. Even in heavy rains the behavior is the same.

I, as well as the Maruti A.S.S folks have tried adjusting the wiper multiple times but to no avail. Not sure if it's an issue with only the set I have got or the quality of these blades have deteriorated. I had the same model on my previous car and I had no issues. Also, I picked it up from an authorized Bosch service center, so there's no question of fakes.

I'll probably revert to stock Maruti ones once I start driving regularly.
Old 10th August 2020, 23:23   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

Using Frameless wipers from the last one year. Picked it up from a 3M detailing workshop. And it's working smoothly without any issues till now.

Call me a bit weird but I get a very satisfying feel when my car is all bathed up in foam while getting a wash or when my frameless wipers are in action and don't leave behind even a single steak or drop of water, gives me an insane amount of satisfaction.
So, sometimes I purposefully go out whenever it rains just to see the frameless wiper in action.
Old 11th August 2020, 13:58   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Using Frameless wipers from the last one year. Picked it up from a 3M detailing workshop. And it's working smoothly without any issues till now.

Call me a bit weird but I get a very satisfying feel when my car is all bathed up in foam while getting a wash or when my frameless wipers are in action and don't leave behind even a single steak or drop of water, gives me an insane amount of satisfaction.
So, sometimes I purposefully go out whenever it rains just to see the frameless wiper in action.
Hey thanks a lot for the quick revert. Can you share the specific model number?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks