Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2020, 19:24   #3316
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hey thanks a lot for the quick revert. Can you share the specific model number?
Those were 3M Performance Pro.
Old 17th August 2020, 23:42   #3317
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,
I drive a 2016 Baleno Zeta Petrol. The car has served me well but I would like to see certain improvements in it.
I would love to see the following changes in my car and would love to get recommendations from fellow BHPians here.
1. Suspension - Ride quality is the biggest grouse I have. Bangalore is Filled with potholes and Baleno makes sure I realise it.. Would love to have a plusher comfortable ride. How to go about it and where in Bangalore?
2. Had read About fellow BHPian Dr.Naren ( if I recall Correctly) going for some Remaps. would love to have something similar. Any reliable places in Bangalore to get it done? And What to get Done.
3. The Windshield has multiple Microscopic Scratches, Makes oncoming lights ( Specially the two wheeler LED) a night mare. Any way to reduce them sans replacement.
4. A better ICE and Speaker system With out breaking the bank.
Would love to hear from you all
Take care Be Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys, a question here for the owners. Has anyone tried using a frame less wiper? If yes, any issues faced? and what was the brand/make?
Have used one from Bosch for about three years now and they have served me well. Had to replace them every year out of caution and not due to malfunction.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2020 at 10:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 23rd August 2020, 13:38   #3318
BHPian

All of a sudden, the “AUTO” symbol in the A/C console started blinking. Any idea what this is? Please let me know if anyone has any inputs.
Edit: This is also accompanied by irregular fan speeds for the same set temperature, intermittently.

Last edited by autospeaker : 23rd August 2020 at 13:42.
Old 24th August 2020, 00:58   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
All of a sudden, the “AUTO” symbol in the A/C console started blinking. Any idea what this is? Please let me know if anyone has any inputs.
Edit: This is also accompanied by irregular fan speeds for the same set temperature, intermittently.

I had a the same issue where the AUTO symbol just blinks and it loses the ability to automatically keep the set temp.This was caused by a faulty sensor module located at the top of the dashboard. Pic below for reference, the highlighted place in red (excuse the bad editing). It would look like a plastic round screw head. It took like 5 mins to replace the part, but do not remember the cost of the part. In my case only one module was faulty and after replacement worked fine with no issues.
Attached Images

Phoenix_VR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 14:38   #3320
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I Have a facelift Baleno Delta (2019) variant and I want to install OEM alloys. If anyone wishes to sell of their alloys , please do let me know(DM me).
If the person is in Delhi/NCR it is a plus as I can come and pick them up myself.
Old 28th August 2020, 14:49   #3321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Hi All! I got my Petrol Alpha MT delivered last week and it's been a fantastic experience overall! Completed 1000 km and the first service yesterday. Below is a pic of a proud me with my new car!

Attachment 1667162

However, there's a minor niggle which I have noticed and need your inputs with. The touchscreen infotainment system is expected to go into night mode the moment the pilots/headlights are switched on, which isn't happening. It stays in day mode and gets uncomfortably bright at night. I have tried to change it manually under display setting of the HU, but it doesn't change. The only option for me is to reduce the brightness manually. Any idea what might be the issue? During the first service, it was apparently reset, but nothing's changed. The SVC has asked me to get the memory card along (which I had removed during the first service.), but I can't understand what the memory card containing preloaded maps has to do with a display setting. Comments awaited from you guys.
Hi, Were you able to get this sorted? I too have this problem. Mine is a 2019 Zeta with the new Harman Infotainment system and this too doesn't automatically switch to night mode when the headlights are turned on.
Old 29th August 2020, 23:44   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumar227 View Post
Hi, Were you able to get this sorted? I too have this problem. Mine is a 2019 Zeta with the new Harman Infotainment system and this too doesn't automatically switch to night mode when the headlights are turned on.
Yes I figured it out after a while. Basically, the protruding right knob on the MID needs to be rotated left to adjust brightness level of the display. You can adjust brightness both when the headlights are off and when they're on.

In this case, switch on the headlights (Put on auto mode when it's dark outside) and then rotate the right protruding knob anti clockwise. You'll see that the brightness which is maximum will reduce. Set it to desired level. From now on, whenever you put the headlight knob to auto, the brightness will come to this level.
Added_flavor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 09:08   #3323
BHPian

Is anyone facing the problem of steering not self centering? And if so, has the service centre been able to rectify the issue?

Last edited by Raj_RD : 30th August 2020 at 09:11.
Old 30th August 2020, 10:08   #3324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Yes I figured it out after a while. Basically, the protruding right knob on the MID needs to be rotated left to adjust brightness level of the display. You can adjust brightness both when the headlights are off and when they're on.

In this case, switch on the headlights (Put on auto mode when it's dark outside) and then rotate the right protruding knob anti clockwise. You'll see that the brightness which is maximum will reduce. Set it to desired level. From now on, whenever you put the headlight knob to auto, the brightness will come to this level.
Thanks a million. This worked! I had checked with the Service center and they had no idea about this. They redirected me to the showroom/sales agents, and they too were unaware.
Old 30th August 2020, 11:06   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
Is anyone facing the problem of steering not self centering? And if so, has the service centre been able to rectify the issue?
Its not a problem per Maruti, in Baleno’s the steering has to be manually centered after a turn. I have seen very few Baleno’s auto centering, but this was in 2016. My 2017 Baleno RS too doesnt self center. Need to learn to live with it. More of a getting used to kind of.
Old 30th August 2020, 11:16   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Its not a problem per Maruti, in Baleno’s the steering has to be manually centered after a turn. I have seen very few Baleno’s auto centering, but this was in 2016. My 2017 Baleno RS too doesnt self center. Need to learn to live with it. More of a getting used to kind of.
I drive a dzire since one year. Since this thread is more active i asked here. Seems like a problem with all MS cars .
Old 30th August 2020, 11:22   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
I drive a dzire since one year. Since this thread is more active i asked here. Seems like a problem with all MS cars .
Have seen a few members in the Baleno facebook owners group getting a few parts of steering replaced after they made this complaint and went all hell lose on Maruti to get this fixed. Apparently this was fixed, only for the issue to come back in another 3-6 months and now they are used to it. So I am not sure if this is a problem or not. And since Baleno, Swift, Dzire etc. shares the same parts, it is very much possible that this is present across the model portfolio. The Brezza and S-Cross doesnt look to have it though.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 01:09   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,
I drive a 2016 Baleno Zeta Petrol. The car has served me well but I would like to see certain improvements in it.
I would love to see the following changes in my car and would love to get recommendations from fellow BHPians here.
1. Suspension - Ride quality is the biggest grouse I have. Bangalore is Filled with potholes and Baleno makes sure I realise it.. Would love to have a plusher comfortable ride. How to go about it and where in Bangalore?
I also have a July 2016 Baleno Delta done 41K Kms. The only grouse i have with it is the very bumpy ride it offers. My father absolutely detests it and he preferred to sit in our Alto rather than baleno when for some reason his Honda City is not available!! Even i was very sick of the Loud and stiff suspension. After multiple emails and inspections, in March 2018 I had gotten the suspension changed under warranty. But even then the harshness was only marginaly improved, the loud noises were taken care of though. Even the small plastic plate speed breakers they are installing everywhere these days shake the whole car even at low speeds. I have to brace for them whenever i know im crossing one. Its really bad when there is an unseen small pothole that you take even on speeds like 40Kmph.

Except for this one issue I have zero issues with the car and would want to hold on to it for years... Can anyone suggest a solution for this?
guptavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 07:48   #3329
BHPian

Guys a question for the CVT Variant. Are it's brakes different than the manual variant? Asking because for CVT there is no triptronic mode and everything is controlled via the A or the B pedal. Also, I tried the L mode on a downward slope and I had use the brakes quite a lot. I thought L mode would give me a lot of engine braking effect but it does gain a lot of speed and brakes have to be used frequently.
Dieselritzer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 11:28   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
I haven't faced this yet, but I believe one can say that these are recommended in the user manual for the periodic service, for which they already charge fixed labor in their bills in a separate line item (had seen a colleague's bill). May not work, but one can try.
Greetings,

I have been charged ₹750 just for brakes inspection as I had reported that there was a screeching sound when applying brakes. This was in 2018.

The same problem popped up recently and they have charged ₹250 for cleaning

And GST on top of that.

I asked them if they charge just for inspection, the RM politely said “there is a charge for each and every inspection you ask for or report”

I had no idea about this and henceforth paid the same but from now onwards I’ll surely keep this in mind to remind them of pms and the charges/services included thereof.

Thanks.
adv.yzr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks