Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 16:18   #76
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Hi Amar,

What was the final on-road price for the vehicle. Did the dealer give any discounts and free accessories?
Hi Rohit - I had tried negotiating with dealer for discounts and freebies. But this being a 2016 model, I was not offered any.

Following is the breakup of the on-road price :

Ex Show room Price – Rs. 16,59,590.00
Registration Charges– Rs. 750.00
Road Tax – Rs. 2,48,939.00
Warranty (Extended for 5 years/1,50,000 Km’s) – Rs. 22,950.00
Comprehensive insurance – Rs. 57,489.00
Total On Road Price – Rs. 19,89,718.00

Accessories currently availed:

1) 3M’s combo package for Under Body Coating, Anti Rusting & Teflon – Rs. 8000.00
2) 3D Maxpider Mats – Rs. 8000.00
amar.madhavan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:38   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Comprehensive insurance – Rs. 57,489.00
Congrats Amar.

The Insurance would generally cost around 40K INR. You must have availed this from dealer itself and they have tried to mint some money there. I am assuming you have it Zero Dep, bumper to bumper.

Safe and happy miles munching on your XUV
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 19:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congrats Amar.

The Insurance would generally cost around 40K INR. You must have availed this from dealer itself and they have tried to mint some money there. I am assuming you have it Zero Dep, bumper to bumper.

Safe and happy miles munching on your XUV
Thanks .

Yeah mate, i took insurance from dealer this time.
Old 20th January 2016, 10:03   #79
BHPian

Congrats Amar, on your new purchase. Look forward to your ownership thread soon and hopefully I will join you soon. Probably you are the first TBHP owner of the XUV Automatic. Waiting to see your experience with it along with other observations.
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 19:38   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Congrats Amar, on your new purchase. Look forward to your ownership thread soon and hopefully I will join you soon. Probably you are the first TBHP owner of the XUV Automatic. Waiting to see your experience with it along with other observations.
Thanks mate. The beast has been delivered home. It will take a couple of days for me (Mid of Feb) to lay my hands on the beast as i'm not in town.

Any updates on your booking? Hopefully yours is on the way.
Old 20th January 2016, 20:15   #81

Congratulations amar on your Beast! I am eagerly waiting for mine W8 Sunset orange. Long story. Basically the local dealer has been a total pain. Was supposed to get it on the 10th! Getting it tomorrow (Finally & Hopefully ). Congratulations to Jo-G as well! Hope you get yours soon!
dijams is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 20:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
The beast has been delivered home
Congrats Amar on the 1st Autobox XUV on the forum, not seen anyone else stating they have taken delivery. What color did you opt for?

Wishing you miles of smiles in your XUV.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 21:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats Amar on the 1st Autobox XUV on the forum, not seen anyone else stating they have taken delivery. What color did you opt for?

Wishing you miles of smiles in your XUV.
Thanks mate. I have chosen "Pearl White".
amar.madhavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 10:33   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on your booking? Hopefully yours is on the way.
Got a call from the dealer stating that the vehicle has arrived, but as I said, I am not in town to take delivery and hence they might give it to someone else who is in hurry. In that case, I may have to wait a bit more until the next lot arrives. Heard M&M is now concentrating more on their newbie the KUV100. Meanwhile saw the launch of the "new" Endeavour, though very tempting the prices are north of 30L. Hence not in my immediate radar vicinity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijams View Post
Congratulations amar on your Beast! I am eagerly waiting for mine W8 Sunset orange. Long story. Basically the local dealer has been a total pain. Was supposed to get it on the 10th! Getting it tomorrow (Finally & Hopefully ). Congratulations to Jo-G as well! Hope you get yours soon!
Thanks Buddy, since Amar is out of station in spite of getting the beast, and I may take many more days to take delivery of the new Beast, you may be the first TBHPian to "own and drive" the new beast. So will wait for the ownership thread of Amar or dijams and virtually experience the thrills.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st January 2016 at 13:59. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use the Edit button in the first 20 minutes or send in a request to merge.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:46   #85

Quote:
Thanks Buddy, since Amar is out of station in spite of getting the beast, and I may take many more days to take delivery of the new Beast, you may be the first TBHPian to "own and drive" the new beast. So will wait for the ownership thread of Amar or dijams and virtually experience the thrills.
I definitely hope they deliver it today. Based in their response, I highly doubt that. The KUV100 Seems to be their number 1 priority now. On a side note, the pearl white in W10 FWD AT is what they seem to be manufacturing the most. If you ordered for that, you might be lucky to receive it soon and not have to wait too long.

Will keep the forum updated
Old 21st January 2016, 13:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, the pearl white in W10 FWD AT is what they seem to be manufacturing the most. If you ordered for that, you might be lucky to receive it soon and not have to wait too long.
I have booked a silver w10 fwd. Not sure if that would be another easily available colour.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, the pearl white in W10 FWD AT is what they seem to be manufacturing the most. If you ordered for that, you might be lucky to receive it soon and not have to wait too long.

Will keep the forum updated
Yeah mate. I heard a similar version from my dealer. When i had chosen "Pearl White", I was told that delivery of "Pearl White" will be faster than other colors.
Old 21st January 2016, 16:04   #88

Quote:
I have booked a silver w10 fwd. Not sure if that would be another easily available colour.
No idea regarding silver. But if the availability of the manual version is to be any clue, silver should be as widely available as white.

Update on delivery : Have been called for taking delivery at 6:30 pm. *Fingers Crossed*
Old 21st January 2016, 21:13   #89

Update : I finally got delivery. It was quite late so don't have many pics. Will update them tomorrow.

Initial ride : One of the smoothest automatic gearboxes I've ever driven. Acceleration was linear. Amazing first ride. The Sunset orange was a gamble. It paid off and how. Looks stunning.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-img_20160121_2033242.jpg  

dijams is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:49   #90
BHPian

Guys, I have experience with automatic outside India but hope they are exactly same. A nagging question in my mind, how useful it is in stop start traffic. In manual gearbox you can go to neutral and put the handbrakes . what is the corresponding action in automatic , go to p or keep the brakes engaged ? I imagine that to be more painful than manual . opinions !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks