Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 15:11   #151
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijams View Post
I got a full tank of highway driving down my belt. I can confirm that's approximately the efficiency I got too. 10.8 kmpl. Driving between 80-100kmph.

Hi SDP,

I think it's the run in kms. 3000 kms done. City 80% Highway 20% returns 9.
How many kms you are planning to run-in? 5000?
Realistically what kind of mileage are you expecting after the run-in is over ... for similar usage (City 80% Highway 20%)?

Last edited by SDP : 21st March 2016 at 15:12.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:14   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
How many kms you are planning to run-in? 5000?
Realistically what kind of mileage are you expecting after the run-in is over ... for similar usage (City 80% Highway 20%)?
Realistically, for my kind of usage I'm expecting an average around 10.5

The first service is due at 5k kms and I expect to get better fuel efficiency from that point on.
dijams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:23   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Since most of the coming week will be bank holidays and I do not have time to visit the dealership on the few available working days, I decided to visit on Saturday and settle the outstanding amount that I have to pay from my own coffers.
I decided not to pay by cheque since if the banks go on strike as threatened from 28th to 31st, the cheque will be cleared only in the first week of April, and delivery will be prolonged till then.

This way, I will not have to carry around that much cash for so many days, and all I will have to pay on delivery day will be the registration charges.

While there, I also selected and paid for the accessories that I wanted added to the car. These include:
1) Premium footstep(?) with bracket
2) 3D floor mats (which look pretty decent). My only concern is that the driver footrest on the mat is plastic instead of metal. The dealer however assures me that since that part is fibre, there is very little likelihood of its breaking during usage. We shall see.
3) Teflon and underbody treatment.
4) Rain visors.
5) The HUD. Regarding this item, the dealer informed me that it is no longer being supplied and he will let me know if it is in stock.
Does anyone know whether the HUD has been discontinued?

I may also end up buying the 9" headrest display for my kids, who will be travelling exclusively in the 2nd row. Does anyone have any experience with these?

My monster should reach Trivandrum around the 24th or 25th, so I hope to take delivery on 27th or shortly thereafter.
Re: HUD, I'm unsure if you are alluding to the same dealer in Trivandrum I liaised with- TVS Karama. If it is, they have absolutely no clue about how to install the HUD.
I have been following the ownership threads and gathered that Tanveer had a HUD installed from one of the most reputed Mahindra showrooms in Mumbai. He requested me to write to Mahindra which I have done and no response so far !

On another note, did you also purchase the vehicle insurance from the dealer? I ended up purchasing one from HDFC bank as it was slightly lower (37k INR, if I am not mistaken).

Many Congratulations once again on your acquisition, and hope to see you around ( I have an Opulent Purple W10).
Old 21st March 2016, 16:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Re: HUD,
AFAIK, Mahindra has stopped selling HUD as an accessory. I have been following up with Mahindra from last one year and haven't got a positive response from them. Recently when I had been to one of the showrooms here in Bangalore I was informed that Mahindra has stopped them, not sure of the reason though.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 23:07   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
AFAIK, Mahindra has stopped selling HUD as an accessory. I have been following up with Mahindra from last one year and haven't got a positive response from them. Recently when I had been to one of the showrooms here in Bangalore I was informed that Mahindra has stopped them, not sure of the reason though.
Would this unit be compatible?
OEM Car Head Up Display - OBD II Universal, 5.5 Inch LED Display, Plug-and-Play, Over Speed Warning
Old 21st March 2016, 23:36   #156
BHPian

Quote:
This one looks better and cost is less than half of the one you posted.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/222048904648?...84.m1439.l2649
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:09   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well yes it should be compatible until and unless you make a proper connection with the OBD2 port. I would recommend check the reviews on this device before paying that premium and how it works on the car.
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:21   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post

http://www.ebay.in/itm/222048904648?...84.m1439.l2649
I have bought this unit.
As dockap says, it costs less than half the one I mentioned, and looks pretty good.
The only issue is that it has to come from China, so I am uncertain as to when I will receive it.
If it does not fit, I guess I am out 5.5K unless I can sell it on.
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:39   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Check this. It costs $44 on the AliExpress App.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/3235313...bilesitedetail
Old 22nd March 2016, 13:20   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check this. It costs $44 on the AliExpress App.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/3235313...bilesitedetail
This is the same unit as the one I have purchased.
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:06   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Well, that isn't the case actually!!
I have visited Anant Cars at Bannerghatta road couple days back and they do have HUD unit stock. In fact, sales guy at accessory shop was going all out to sell me one. I saw it myself and it wasn't a after market one, HUD had Mahindra logo on it. So if you are interested head to Anant Cars
BlueEyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 15:16   #162
BHPian

I got in touch with Mahindra Customer care(via email as suggested by Tanveer) and their Customer care manager called me up the next day to understand the product in question- He was clueless and thought I was alluding to the infotainment screen

Later on(when he understood), he said that that he would get in touch with the technical team and get back. The technical team(from the Trivandrum dealership) sent me the below details and said the new HUD for XUV 500 has been launched (would cost circa INR 6k). I'm unsure if this is worth it and stated I'd be the 1st bloke to install it- so take your chances !
Attached Images

jacobvarughese is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 21:04   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
I got in touch with Mahindra Customer care(via email as suggested by Tanveer) and their Customer care manager called me up the next day to understand the product in question- He was clueless and thought I was alluding to the infotainment screen

Later on(when he understood), he said that that he would get in touch with the technical team and get back. The technical team(from the Trivandrum dealership) sent me the below details and said the new HUD for XUV 500 has been launched (would cost circa INR 6k). I'm unsure if this is worth it and stated I'd be the 1st bloke to install it- so take your chances !
I will be taking delivery of my purple monsteron Friday 1st April.

When I initially asked about the HUD at the time I selected the accessories I wanted, I was told it was out of stock, so I bought one on eBay.

I will call up the sales exec. tomorrow regarding this new HUD that Mahindra is releasing, and let us see what transpires.

No matter what, Jacob, if it is available, you will not be alone in ordering it, as you will have me for company.

I will just use the eBay one on the Polo.

By the way, may I ask you where you got this picture from, and is the product available for online purchase? I cannot find it anywhere on the XUV site.

Last edited by pillainp : 29th March 2016 at 21:09.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 21:56   #164
BHPian

I got it from Mahindra's technical team in TVS Trivandrum(a bloke named Sujith) itself, as stated in my previous post, in response to the email I sent through relative to the HUD inquiry. He had called me up and spoke to me at length about the details prior to sending me this information.

Please also take note that this is not connected to the OBD and requires a little bit of wiring to be done which is what I was sceptical about- they offered me solace in the fact it's an authentic Mahindra product and the after-sales service on anything that might be needed.

On a related note, do you know of any HUD that also offer mirroring of the navigation feature- that would be deemed hugely beneficial.

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 29th March 2016 at 22:01. Reason: Further information
Old 29th March 2016, 22:05   #165
BHPian

Just reread your post. Must have missed the part where you mention that they sent you the details.

Now that I look closer though, it looks like this unit only displays speed with no other info.

If that is so, I will stick with the eBay on, which plugs into OBD and displays a plethora of other data.

The only HUD I know that is available here that does navigation in the Garmin one that is mentioned in the mods and accessories forum.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147869

Another option might be to buy a dedicated cheap smartphone with a large screen such as a Micromax Canvas HD or Lenovo A7000, and get the reflective film off Amazon or eBay.

The Garmin film at the link below is approx. 5x5 inches and should work with most phones with 5" screens.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00EDPYY6E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459269751&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=hud+film&dpPl=1&dpID=21MS 2mKG8%2BL&ref=plSrch

Last edited by pillainp : 29th March 2016 at 22:16.
pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks