Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 16:30   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Xuv AT Owners,
One of my friend is contemplating getting an pre-owned Xuv automatic.
4. Most importantly - Is it a bad idea to go for a used Xuv AT?
Regards,
Varun
I had bought a pre-worshiped XUV500 W10 FWD AT as we needed an automatic (primarily) and along more width in the rear seat. It's Jan 2018 registration (Oct 2017 manufacture) vehicle and had run for around ~10K. Would have liked an AT-AWD model but was not able to find anything in the 1-2 years band. I paid about ~15 Lakhs for the same.

XUV500 has its share of electrical problems, if the niggles thread is anything to go by but the car still has 2 years main warranty and 2 years extended warranty left. Hence I was willing to take the risk.

Saying that it's a good idea to find for low mileage, reasonably new vehicles in the pre-owned route as your friend would save massively on depreciation and still get more or less a new car.
Old 25th February 2019, 09:39   #542
BHPian

I had purchased the new W11 model in July - it has been more than 6 months and everything is fine except that there seems to be a problem with the tyretronics. A few weeks back there was an alert for low pressure - I took it to a puncture shop and they removed the tyre, checked it and found no puncture/leaks. Once refitted the tyretronics warning went away. After about 3 weeks of this incident I got tyretronics warnings for two of my front tyres. Again the same experience - no puncture but replacing the tyres caused the warnings to disappear. Since last week I am again getting warnings for another tyre (rear right this time) and I see that the tyre pressure is fine, when stop and start the vehicle, everytime the warning comes but Tyretronics reports different pressure everytime - it varies from 26/27/28 and 29. Has anyone experienced this ? Any advise on how to address this ? I will otherwise take it to the dealership

Regards,
Krutibas
Old 25th February 2019, 09:40   #543
BHPian

I am Using an XUV 500 W6 AT FWD for the last about 2 years driven 36000 Kms. Have been driving in Hills as well as long drives. I have not been facing any Mechanical issues till date and the vehicle still feels robust as it was on day one inspite of a lot of rough road driving and handling by me. Its a go anywhere vehicle which will not let you down on a rainy day. Fuel economy I am getting is 9-10 Kmpl in city and 12-13 on highway
Old 1st March 2019, 14:19   #544
BANNED

Next-gen Mahindra 2.0-litre diesel to come with three power outputs

The second-gen XUV500 and Thar are among the models that will get the new BS-VI-compliant Mahindra engine.

Source
Old 8th March 2019, 19:19   #545
BHPian

Presenting my pre-owned Xuv500 W10 AT model which I have named "The Millenium Falcon". It's Jan 2018 registered, approximately 10K run and I paid ~15 lakhs for the same. The car was scratchless less with even some covers not removed. Additionally, it still has two years main warranty and two years extended warranty left.

Primarily wanted an automatic seven seater car for highway use as long drives are causing knee pains. It not fun anymore to drive manual cars in our highways. For now, XUV500 is the most VFM AT car in the segment and managed to save a good amount of money by going down the preowned route.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-img_20190216_181139.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-img_20190214_174448.jpg  

Last edited by Aceman82 : 8th March 2019 at 19:38.
Aceman82 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 08:43   #546
t0m
BHPian

Booked the W9 AT after a lot of deliberation. Was super confused between Tata Harrier and the XUV500 but ultimately the AT option weighed in favour of the XUV. Got one question though; regarding the connected apps. The WiFi and connected apps feature is supposed to be available only on the W11 varients. Is that true? The AT test drive vehicles that I got were all W11 ones and so could not verify it personally. If that is indeed true, which would be a real shame; is their any workaround to get WiFi and connected apps on a W9 AT HU.
Old 19th April 2019, 20:51   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Booked the W9 AT after a lot of deliberation. Was super confused between Tata Harrier and the XUV500 but ultimately the AT option weighed in favour of the XUV. Got one question though; regarding the connected apps. The WiFi and connected apps feature is supposed to be available only on the W11 varients. Is that true? The AT test drive vehicles that I got were all W11 ones and so could not verify it personally. If that is indeed true, which would be a real shame; is their any workaround to get WiFi and connected apps on a W9 AT HU.
You can go to the dealer where u test drove the XUV and asked them if you can check out a w9 variant. They will mostly be ready to help you.
Old 13th August 2019, 18:33   #548
BHPian

As reported earlier in this forum I had bought a XUV500 W11 AWD Automatic last year. I have had a great experience with this vehicle throughout. There is one nagging problem that I have experienced on which I would like to hear from others in this forum.

Within a few months of driving the XUV500 I noticed issues with the Tyretronics system. Randomly one or more of the sensors would raise low pressure alert but when I checked the tyre pressure manually and also in a tire shop - the pressure was normal. Sometimes the pressure reported by Tyretronics go to 40 PSI randomly and then come back to normal. I had reported this to the dealership (Shireesh Mahindra) and they had taken the vehicle for inspection and returned the car the next day saying TPMS system had to be reset and a software upgrade was needed to fix it. I was a bit surprised because this was a brand new model and would need a software upgrade so soon after delivery. Anyway for a few days things were normal and then I got to the same situation where randomly one or more sensors would report low pressure with persistent alert *Yellow triangle* flashing. This was a bit annoying so during the next service (5000KM) I highlighted this issue and they assured me that this will be resolved. They kept the car with them for 2 days to test it (apparently). On delivery after servicing things worked normal - on asking the root cause for this issue, the service supervisor told me that TMPS had to be reset at room temperature - not when engine was hot. This was weird because I never reset it myself at anytime (cold or hot engine). Anyway, he said this will not happen again. Now about 5 months have passed and this problem is back. Since yesterday TPMS is reporting one of the tires as having low pressure and I got it checked twice and it is not a real issue.

Does anyone have a similar experience or related TPMS issue ? I am not sure how to take this forward with the dealership. This is annoying to see constant alerts flashed on the dashboard and I am afraid sometimes it might hide a real alert.

Thanks
kbiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 19:54   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
This is annoying to see constant alerts flashed on the dashboard and I am afraid sometimes it might hide a real alert.
Is the error displayed for same tyre (considering that position of that tyre was not change on rotation or troubleshooting )? If so, it would be a case of kaput TPMS sensor.

If its happening across multiple tyres, during next rotation do a re-learning again.

If its not working out after that, do push for a replacement. Do keep a video recording of the issue and show that to explain to service center since this is a non regular issue that you are facing.
Old 5th September 2019, 16:54   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is the error displayed for same tyre (considering that position of that tyre was not change on rotation or troubleshooting )? If so, it would be a case of kaput TPMS sensor.

If its happening across multiple tyres, during next rotation do a re-learning again.

If its not working out after that, do push for a replacement. Do keep a video recording of the issue and show that to explain to service center since this is a non regular issue that you are facing.
Thank you for your comments. Sorry for the delayed reply - I was waiting to observe the behavior over sometime before replying. I have now confirmed that the error displayed is for all 4 tyres. It randomly appears on one of them and after a few days automatically gets resolved, appears again on another tyre. Over the last few days the error has appeared for all 4 tyres. So it is probably not a problem with TPMS sensor - it must be the controller or whatever device is in the vehicle that communicates with the sensors. I will ask for a permanent fix or replacement during the next service which would be due soon.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this was reported to them twice and they never gave a clear explanation of what was the real fix - they said the system had to be reset at cold temperature - which was a weird reason. Last time they kept the vehicle overnight to "observe the issue and fix for good" !
kbiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 10:51   #551
BHPian

I have faced tyretronics sensor warning situations which were genuine, once while travelling in summer and few times during normal conditions. All the warnings for just ONE single tyre ( rear left hand side tyre ).....for my next long drive i will go with Nitrogen filled tyres and observe the situation

want to share a situation i've faced on Friday 6-Sep. My XUV-Manual which is 2yrs old all of sudden faced ended having broken bear kind of...this happened while vehicle was in running condition (In Hinjawadi-Pune)...i've observed that gear rod is no more allowing me to put in to any gear and this rod is moving across as if thee is no holder to it, no issues with clutch. Pulled aside the vehicle, called Sahyadri service center...they were like my vehicle doesnt have RSA assistance...called Royal sundaram insurance and they were like "we will provide RSA support only if vehicle is involved with an accident and NOT under normal breakdown scenario".

Service center guy helped me with 3rd party towing company, had the vehicle moved to service center by late night. Next day morning while going through warranty manual, i came to know that RSA is by default provided by Mahindra for 2yrs. Sahyadri Motors database doesnt have this info. Another catch is that my vehicle invoice date & Date of delivery has 35 days gap . RSA support is based on Date of delivery.

When i enquired RSA toll free , received multiple versions, between "Yes vehicle eligible for RSA Vs not eligible kind of". Sahyadri service center Manager was kind enough & agreed to reimburse towing charges (INR 3k).

Issue was with gear wire which was replaced as part of warranty.

Point to be remembered is RSA is based on Date of Delivery for 2yrs and not invoiced date. And its worth to go for extended 3yrs RSA support which through Hamesha App is around 3600, which i will do soon, as my 2yr RSa support will expire by this month end.

Last edited by SDP : 11th October 2019 at 09:16. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Also please proofread your messages before posting
udaygk77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 14:46   #552

Hi There,

Bought a XUV500 W7 Automatic in May 2019 and have clocked around 7k kms with it including a trip to Spiti. The vehicle and drive is superb. However, there are a few niggles I am experiencing with the vehicle. Not sure if they are major or minor issues. Request the esteemed members to please suggest :

1) When the Climate Control is on Auto, the system automatically opens the outside vents and shifts itself from the circulation air mode. I need to manually switch it back to the air circulation mode. Not sure if it is a feature, or an issue. The Mahindra Sales Rep at Noida dealership says that he hasn't heard of it before

2) Sometimes the Fuel Lid doesn't open up even after hitting the button. The gas station guys then insert a dummy card (like the shape of a credit card) to pull it open. The lid opens in only 3/10 cases. The gas station guys laugh and say that they see this issue with many XUVs

3) Airbag Light is on automatically since yesterday. I will get this checked to the service center ASAP, but not sure why it turned on automatically

4) I opened the wheelcap of the driver side tyre and found that the main nut is rusted. As far as my knowledge goes, rust is an enemy of metal / iron. Please provide your feedback on this as well.

I am overly worried since I haven't experienced any issues with my i20 which I am using since 7 years now. Makes me feel sometimes that is this the difference between a Korean product and an Indian product.
jalaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 18:15   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaj View Post
overly worried since I haven't experienced any issues with my i20 which I am using since 7 years now. Makes me feel sometimes that is this the difference between a Korean product and an Indian product.

Yes you're correct. This is the difference. Sure Koreans have their issues too but Mahindra has been selling the XUV for over 6-7 years now and it's shameful that they haven't fixed even these basic issues. I really want to like a Mahindra but I don't think I will ever get one niggle free.
Old 6th October 2020, 13:00   #554
BHPian

I have a 2017 W6AT, this is my primary car and I have driven it for about 110k kms so far and my experience has been really good. The car has been to almost every corner in South India and never let me down. I make sure my car is serviced every 10k kms as recommended and its been a happy ownership. The AT box/engine though noisy at low kms is a breeze on the highway. I dont see anyother VFM package as the XUV AT.
DieselWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 14:26   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWanderer View Post
I have a 2017 W6AT, this is my primary car and I have driven it for about 110k kms so far and my experience has been really good. The car has been to almost every corner in South India and never let me down. I make sure my car is serviced every 10k kms as recommended and its been a happy ownership. The AT box/engine though noisy at low kms is a breeze on the highway. I dont see anyother VFM package as the XUV AT.
I fully agree with you. I had XUV 500 w 10 AT 2016 model. I clocked 1,10000 kms with it and recently sold it. It was a pleasurable experience all through. The AT plus engine combination is just too good and it makes for an effortless highway cruiser. An absolutely VFM package as you said. Nothing comes close to it in VFM deal.
manasmadaan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed