Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 18:18   #271
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Hi SuperFlyBoy,

I am not a auto geek but from the basic understanding of how things work, in all probability the A/C switch is a "push to on, push to off" switch.

You can TRY to have another similar switch connected in parallel to the existing connection. This way you can on/off the A/C yourself.

NOTE: make a temporary connection right near the existing switch to check if it works. Only if found working then you can pull a wire to the rear at place the switch at a convenient location.

Attached is the pic of the switch I am referring to.
Thanks for that suggestion T-Bone!
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:59   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibsvibes View Post
Hi everyone, I've been following this thread for sometime now.

I took delivery of my Safari Storme 400 VX 4x2 silver color, in the end of February this year.
Congrats vibsvibes.
Any issues faced till now?

@SuperFlyBoy, I enquired the same regarding rear AC connection with the ASC people. They said it can be done and they'll do it in the first service. I'll let you know the details when I visit the ASC this week.

By the way, reached 4400kms on the odo, 4 days back. Today my Storme celebrates it's 1 month completion enjoying every moment of the ride.

Experts, need a little help here. Is oil change recommended in the 1 st service? TML recommends 1st oil change at 20k kms. But few others suggested to change it at 1st service, as to flush out the tiny metal bits that form in a new engine. Any suggestions?
doc_zeus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:47   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
By the way, reached 4400kms on the odo, 4 days back. Today my Storme celebrates it's 1 month completion enjoying every moment of the ride.
Vow, that is some serious running Goes to show how much you are enjoying your ride. I could complete 4K kms only after 3.5 months in my TUV3OO.

Quote:
Experts, need a little help here. Is oil change recommended in the 1 st service? TML recommends 1st oil change at 20k kms. But few others suggested to change it at 1st service, as to flush out the tiny metal bits that form in a new engine. Any suggestions?
You would be better off doing the first oil change along with the oil filter @ 5K kms. This will definitely help to flush out the tiny metal bits that form in a new engine. Thereafter you can follow the recommended oil change intervals. I wonder why this differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. In my TUV the first oil change is at 3K kms, second one at 10K kms and after that every 10K kms.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:12   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats vibsvibes.
Any issues faced till now?

@SuperFlyBoy, I enquired the same regarding rear AC connection with the ASC people. They said it can be done and they'll do it in the first service. I'll let you know the details when I visit the ASC this week.

Hi,

Our Storme has completed about 8K Kms. First service done.

Minor irritants are that the front seat is giving a lot of thudding and squeaking sounds at every braking or acceleration action. And the rear overhead AC squeaks over bad roads. Another is that the Doors don't thud any more. More like crash into the body which is surprising.
Will get them sorted at the second service at 10K.

Regarding the Oil change, if you see the manual there is a section mentioning pattern of usage. Heavy City or mountain usage requires the engine oil to be changed at every 10K Kms. Tata recommends this and hence oil will now be change at the 10K kms service and thereafter every 10K Kms. I recommend you follow the same.

Just be careful of the Grade of oil being used. Don't let them go below CI4+.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Hi,

Minor irritants are that the front seat is giving a lot of thudding and squeaking sounds at every braking or acceleration action. And the rear overhead AC squeaks over bad roads. Another is that the Doors don't thud any more. More like crash into the body which is surprising.
This is regarding silly cost cutting by idiots bean counters in Tata. The seats don't make noise, it's the seatbelt holders near the seat base. They forgot to put washers in the bolts. Either get them to put nylon washers or give a dose of Wd40 to stop the steaks and rattles. Regarding doors, get the door beading softened by using rubber softner Polish, ideally once in 3 months and you will get the thuds back.
apachelongbow is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:31   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
This is regarding silly cost cutting by idiots bean counters in Tata. The seats don't make noise, it's the seatbelt holders near the seat base. They forgot to put washers in the bolts. Either get them to put nylon washers or give a dose of Wd40 to stop the steaks and rattles. Regarding doors, get the door beading softened by using rubber softner Polish, ideally once in 3 months and you will get the thuds back.

Hi,

Any link to the Rubber softner Polish. or any particular brand you'd suggest.

Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:39   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You would be better off doing the first oil change along with the oil filter @ 5K kms. This will definitely help to flush out the tiny metal bits that form in a new engine. Thereafter you can follow the recommended oil change intervals. I wonder why this differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.
I'll surely plan changing oil in 1st service then. If no harm done, better to get the oil and filter changed.

Quote:
Hi,

Regarding the Oil change, if you see the manual there is a section mentioning pattern of usage. Heavy City or mountain usage requires the engine oil to be changed at every 10K Kms. Tata recommends this and hence oil will now be change at the 10K kms service and thereafter every 10K Kms. I recommend you follow the same.

Just be careful of the Grade of oil being used. Don't let them go below CI4+.
Even my rear AC squeaks a lot. I observed this flares up if I park it under sun. Don't know if this has any relation. Will check this out with the TASS.
My driving is regular city rides and highways. So my AMC won't cover 10k kms interval oil change.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:44   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even my rear AC squeaks a lot. I observed this flares up if I park it under sun. Don't know if this has any relation. Will check this out with the TASS.
My driving is regular city rides and highways. So my AMC won't cover 10k kms interval oil change.

Exactly my observation about the rear AC. It increases when the car is parked in the sun and gets lesser as it gets cooler with the AC turned on.

My AMC is covering the 10K Kms oil change since it is recommended by Tata themselves in writing. Whatever is recommended by Tata has to be covered under the AMC.
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:03   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Any link to the Rubber softner Polish. or any particular brand you'd suggest.

Thanks
I will pm you with the exact name, it's a generic product I bought from Hypercity, it's for dashboard and plastic trim protection... Works wonderfully well with rubber, softens it to almost new. It's a yellow spray bottle with a black cap..
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:26   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I will pm you with the exact name, it's a generic product I bought from Hypercity, it's for dashboard and plastic trim protection... Works wonderfully well with rubber, softens it to almost new. It's a yellow spray bottle with a black cap..
If you don't mind, could you share the details here too please?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:48   #281
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You would be better off doing the first oil change along with the oil filter @ 5K kms. This will definitely help to flush out the tiny metal bits that form in a new engine. Thereafter you can follow the recommended oil change intervals. I wonder why this differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. In my TUV the first oil change is at 3K kms, second one at 10K kms and after that every 10K kms.
I never deviated from manufacturer recommended intervals of oil change in my vista which has run 92K before i sold it.

Even in ARIA i changed oil first time only at 15k as recommended in service manual. Concorde guys refused to change oil before stating very strict instructions from TATA.

Mahindra is little peculiar in oil change and service intervals. For examples in XUV it recommends oil change @ 20K and service @15K. So customer has to go to service center @15K(service), 20K(oil change), 30K(service), 40k (oil change), 45K( service).
Isn't this little odd and confusing?
What is that they do in service without oil change?
In most cars major part of regular service is nothing but oil change, filter change and wash.
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:55   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I never deviated from manufacturer recommended intervals of oil change in my vista which has run 92K before i sold it.

Even in ARIA i changed oil first time only at 15k as recommended in service manual. Concorde guys refused to change oil before stating very strict instructions from TATA..
It is good that you are following the manufacturer recommended intervals of oil change. They are the best people to decide on the service/oil change intervals for the cars manufactured by them. However first oil change for the Storme @ 20K kms seems to be far too stretched, hence the recommendation.

Quote:
Mahindra is little peculiar in oil change and service intervals. For examples in XUV it recommends oil change @ 20K and service @15K. So customer has to go to service center @15K(service), 20K(oil change), 30K(service), 40k (oil change), 45K( service).
Isn't this little odd and confusing?
What is that they do in service without oil change?
In most cars major part of regular service is nothing but oil change, filter change and wash.
You are right as far as the oil change intervals are concerned for the XUV. The first scheduled oil change is at 5K kms, second one @ 20K kms and thereafter every 20K kms. However there is no scheduled service at 15K, 25K or 35K kms. Service interval is at every 10K kms and oil change @ 20K kms. Though it could be off-topic (as we are discussing XUV maintenance on Storme thread), I would like to share the document, Technical Servce Bulletin for XUV. Refer page-3 of the attached doc, wherein it is clearly mentioned that service interval is at every 10K kms and oil change @ 20K kms. For non-oil change service it is mainly inspection of the vital components/ fluid levels of the car. In my opinion 5K service interval is too short, whereas 20K interval is too long. 10K seems to be the golden median.

TSB_2012_101_MAT_01181_XUV500_Maintenance_Schedule.pdf

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-xuv-maintenance-schedule.jpg
Old 23rd April 2016, 14:06   #283
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are right as far as the oil change intervals are concerned for the XUV. The first scheduled oil change is at 5K kms, second one @ 20K kms and thereafter every 20K kms. However there is no scheduled service at 15K, 25K or 35K kms. Service interval is at every 10K kms and oil change @ 20K kms. Though it could be off-topic (as we are discussing XUV maintenance on Storme thread), I would like to share the document, Technical Servce Bulletin for XUV. Refer page-3 of the attached doc, wherein it is clearly mentioned that service interval is at every 10K kms and oil change @ 20K kms. For non-oil change service it is mainly inspection of the vital components/ fluid levels of the car. In my opinion 5K service interval is too short, whereas 20K interval is too long. 10K seems to be the golden median.
Thanks for correcting about service interval.
Old 25th April 2016, 19:32   #284
BHPian

I've penned down quite an exhaustive ownership review celebrating nearly 5000kms on the odometer. Thread's live guys.
Thank you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cor-400nm.html

Sorry guys. I've by mistake posted the review twice under the threads "T-Storme" and my actual thread "My Highway King...Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400NM". I was editing it under the name T-Storme and don't know how it got posted there. Moderators please delete my first thread "T-Storme".
My Apologies. Thank you.

Last edited by doc_zeus : 25th April 2016 at 19:42.
Old 26th April 2016, 08:57   #285
BHPian

Quote:
I've penned down quite an exhaustive ownership review celebrating nearly 5000kms on the odometer. Thread's live guys.
Thank you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cor-400nm.html

Sorry guys. I've by mistake posted the review twice under the threads "T-Storme" and my actual thread "My Highway King...Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400NM". I was editing it under the name T-Storme and don't know how it got posted there. Moderators please delete my first thread "T-Storme".
My Apologies. Thank you.

Hey doc; not sure if its just me but I can't open the URL. It tells me I don't have the right permissions?!

Please have the mods look into it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks