Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:18   #301
BANNED

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

This should go in the "Car I booked" thread, but just too psyched to be part of this ever increasing herd. Thanks to all the new owners including Seek, Navpreet for instilling the kind of assurance that only owners can give and not to forget, having Behram Sir here goes just that little more in patting my heart and say "All iz Well"

Booked the Safari Storme VX 4x2 this evening. (Now spending my time gawking at the brochures) Watch this space

Last edited by methecupid : 3rd May 2016 at 22:20.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:52   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Booked the Safari Storme VX 4x2 this evening. (Now spending my time gawking at the brochures) Watch this space
Congrats .

Do a proper PDI before taking delivery.
  1. check middle row armrest lock/unlock (i had got a broken one)
  2. small dents on exterior
  3. interior /seats for abuse (due to passengers while transport )
  4. negotiate for the insurance amount
  5. dont buy any accessories
TorqueMonster update:
My storme completed 18,500km in 100 days. (22-1-16 to 1-5-16)
Today got a call from TASC, they have asked me to bring the vehicle at workshop for replacing my middle row arm rest.
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-dsc_0022-e-large.jpg
rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 3rd May 2016 at 23:06.
jeepster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:56   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Congrats .
Attachment 1503205
rgds,
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil Ji,

Your beast looks absolutely stunning in the pic with the Torque Monster Sticker on it . Can you please let me know where did you get that as I also want to put some more stickers/decals on my beast.

Recently put up a SOUL decal which was shipped to me by Tata Motors.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_2166-2.jpg  

iabhishekkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:58   #304
BHPian

My apologies for the delay. My thread is finally live guys. Thanks to the mods for the support.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...or-400-nm.html
Old 8th May 2016, 09:07   #305
BANNED

Had an absolute nightmare of an experience at Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi Mumbai. Having zeroed down on a Storme VX earlier this month, I have been informed of some production schedule anomalies and that new bookings can only be had sometime next month. That can only surprising for me, to have to wait for a month and half for a mainstream car, that's not even selling in high numbers. Maybe the focus has shifted, hopefully not entirely from the Storme.

My first call to Concorde was met with "we will call you in 10 minutes", and the next one was rather fruitless. Nevertheless, I was informed that there is a 2016 January Pearl White with them, and I needed to book it asap because they can't hold it for anyone...! (this after they have held on it for more than 4 months) After I reached the showroom, I was handed over the price-list that seemed a bit out of whack. Read the notes, and found that they handed me January price list. Now at this point in time, one can either be super impressed since a January billed car should be sold on January pricing, or supremely disappointed that one of the city's biggest showrooms did not have updated price list of its flagship car! It turned out to be the later. I had to bring it to their notice, and they gained from making more such mistakes.

What really got my goat was they were adamant on their rich heritage of the car. AFAIK, a January billed car should be sold at the existing pricing, not on current ones after the budget has increased them significantly. The ex-showroom has increased from 13.01 to 13.47. On my insistence the TL rang up the sales head to know the applicability and pricing of the car, and Mr. Irfan (the sales head) apparently said the current month's pricing will prevail and that they needed to charge so because "had to maintain the car for three months" 😱

I drove for 2:45 hours and the aforementioned conversation lasted 10 mins. And then everyone wonders why they don't sell cars!
methecupid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 09:46   #306
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Had an absolute nightmare of an experience at Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi Mumbai.
TATA should kick out some lazy people. They think TATA is like Indian government.

No wonder Safari sell in less numbers.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th May 2016 at 19:41. Reason: Reducing quoted content. Please quote selectively as a long quoted post inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 8th May 2016, 10:32   #307
Senior - BHPian

Reading quite a few posts about concord I think it is one of the most pathetic dealers of Tata hell bent on ruining the sales. Tata, along with spending good amount on R&D should also overhaul their dealer networks. Sales teams should be extremely convincing and persuasive. Look at market leader Maruti Suzuki. They have a super sales and service teams.
Old 8th May 2016, 13:12   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, a January billed car should be sold at the existing pricing, not on current ones after the budget has increased them significantly. The ex-showroom has increased from 13.01 to 13.47. On my insistence the TL rang up the sales head to know the applicability and pricing of the car, and Mr. Irfan (the sales head) apparently said the current month's pricing will prevail and that they needed to charge so because "had to maintain the car for three months" 😱
TATA sales team should know rules, price applicability, norms, taxes etc thoroughly and inside out. Why do they need to confirm such things from other team? Though I guess the price applicable at the time of billing should be the current price and not the existing month prices. What will happen to cars like Ecosport that saw overnight price reduction of more than a lakh when they are sold after price reduction?
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 14:57   #309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Though I guess the price applicable at the time of billing should be the current price and not the existing month prices. What will happen to cars like Ecosport that saw overnight price reduction of more than a lakh when they are sold after price reduction?

Sorabh, are you telling me that a January car, costing whatever it was before the hike in duties can be sold at a higher price of the current month? I always thought that was not the case, and the price of the car leaving the factory should be considered. Hence the clamour to book cars in the month of March.

I may be wrong, hence wanted clarity on this. But besides, not sure what price list the showroom was giving out for the last couple of months.
Old 8th May 2016, 22:08   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Sorabh, are you telling me that a January car, costing whatever it was before the hike in duties can be sold at a higher price of the current month? I always thought that was not the case, and the price of the car leaving the factory should be considered. Hence the clamour to book cars in the month of March.

I may be wrong, hence wanted clarity on this. But besides, not sure what price list the showroom was giving out for the last couple of months.
According to my knowledge, the cost of the vehicle depends on the present ex-showroom price. Not on the month of manufacturing. When the dealer in my area in KA told me this, I called up three different dealers in Hyderabad. All of them quoted the same. Even an year old vehicle will be billed you with the today's ex-showroom price. Cost of the vehicle depends on the date of sale invoice. This is even mentioned in the sale invoice, and every other paper I received from my dealer, for my Storme.

Another doubt, when you say January billed vehicle, what does this mean? To whom is it billed?
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 22:13   #311
BANNED

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
According to my knowledge, the cost of the vehicle depends on the present ex-showroom price. Not on the month of manufacturing.

Another doubt, when you say January billed vehicle, what does this mean? To whom is it billed?

Oh well, I think it's not right. When the dealer gets it billed in February, the Company should bill it on the manufacturing month. I can understand if this car was lying in the factory and now being sold through the dealer, but this has been a dealer stock and not with the Company. Hence my submission, that whilst getting the February stock, the dealer would have been billed according to the prevalent prices.

In another world, I maybe completely, utterly and absolutely wrong. Maybe that's not how the mechanics work. But just wanted to put it up front, that I don't think it's a right practice. And to say "maintain kiya hai" was really annoying.

Edit: After Doc and Sorabh, I got thinking maybe I was wrong. However chanced upon this article posted earlier during the budget;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/173732-budget-2016-indian-cars-all-you-need-know.html

Quoting from the thread "Please note that the above cess is ONLY applicable on factory dispatches from today. Thus, if your dealer tries to increase the price of a car that's already on his lot or in transit, tell him to take a hike."

So I did say to take a hike.

Last edited by methecupid : 8th May 2016 at 22:40.
Old 9th May 2016, 00:29   #312
Senior - BHPian

I still stand by my statement that it seems that Concord is a pathetic dealer but would you have made the same argument had the prices dropped instead of rising? Would you have been ready to pay the higher price of the January billed vehicle over a lower present price for a vehicles "billed" in January?

Pricing is always what is presently prevailing. You may or may not opt for it.

The problem in manufacturing is a load of crap. Tata has fixed monthly plans which are not changed come what may. They always make more than the requirement. You may be lucky to get it in 15 days or at max a month and a half depending on when you book the vehicle.

I'd suggest getting a new vehicle at the latest price of the dealer is not offering any discounts.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 02:15   #313
BHPian

Quote:
According to my knowledge, the cost of the vehicle depends on the present ex-showroom price. Not on the month of manufacturing. When the dealer in my area in KA told me this, I called up three different dealers in Hyderabad. All of them quoted the same. Even an year old vehicle will be billed you with the today's ex-showroom price. Cost of the vehicle depends on the date of sale invoice. This is even mentioned in the sale invoice, and every other paper I received from my dealer, for my Storme.
Correct, when we purchased our Storme on the day of the Budget, it was still at pre-budget price in the system.

The next day it went up - as per the ruling.

Quote:
Maybe it was already purchased and he would be buying it second-hand?
Old 9th May 2016, 07:20   #314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Would you have been ready to pay the higher price of the January billed vehicle over a lower present price for a vehicles "billed" in January?

I'd suggest getting a new vehicle at the latest price of the dealer is not offering any discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
The next day it went up - as per the ruling

I am going to go ahead with a new booking, it's just that I needed the car for some personal reasons. Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, it helps to be around people who have dealt well already.

Besides, I am not one who wants an elaborate argument on what is ethically my stand on getting the better of a dealer, I would have presumed there are enough of those people out there. However, I just quoted something that was discussed in detail during the budget; and yes, we may all have a different experience of applicability of price pre and post-budget. In one way or the other, I stand by what is logically correct - prevailing tax/ duty structure for the month of the car factory dispatch; and not on the month of sale! Rest my case, and now looking forward to the butterflies till delivery.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 07:56   #315
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to go ahead with a new booking, it's just that I needed the car for some personal reasons. Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, it helps to be around people who have dealt well already.

Besides, I am not one who wants an elaborate argument on what is ethically my stand on getting the better of a dealer, I would have presumed there are enough of those people out there. However, I just quoted something that was discussed in detail during the budget; and yes, we may all have a different experience of applicability of price pre and post-budget. In one way or the other, I stand by what is logically correct - prevailing tax/ duty structure for the month of the car factory dispatch; and not on the month of sale! Rest my case, and now looking forward to the butterflies till delivery.
Congrats on the booking. I hope the tata dealerships become more customer friendly and sales oriented! Looking at some of the experiences people are having, I feel I was lucky with Concorde, velachery, Chennai. Good set of guys there.

Like Jeepster mentioned earlier do an uncompromising PDI. Check every single aspect, take someone along to make sure nothing misses your eye. Check the roof and roof rails as well. Easy to miss looking up there due to the size! I had an issue there that I found only after delivery but was resolved amicably.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks