Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 16:51   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by callrakesh View Post
Thanks, I have received the userid+password for SOUL microsite and I have also been added to the Delhi NCR SOUL WhatsApp group.
Hai can anyone help me to join whatsapp group of Delhi NCR soul. MY no is 9 8 1 1 1 9 2 9 5 8 ... im allready a member of safari soul. and also want to to join whatsapp also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
All those sounds are normal. With the clutch its the release bearing sound. It will go away soon and then come back after 5000 Kms :-) and again go away after service.
Enjoy your beast and get used to ignoring these odd noises.
Yes very much correct The drivetrain sound is actually coming from gearbox part and you can reproduce it by putting it in first gear, sudden clutch release and then sudden reverse gear ..all safaris behave like this .and these sounds are normal.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2016 at 08:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 1st October 2016, 21:43   #422
Aum
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Folks while Storme has been on my list for long long time now, owning one has been getting delayed for one reason or the other. This time though reason is completely strange one, multiple requests of TD on Safari portal has gone unanswered. Calls to multiple dealers have resulted in either TD vehicle not being available or ' I don't care' attitude. I live in Delhi(Dwarka) and work in Gurgaon, both the cities same story. any suggestions?
Old 2nd October 2016, 07:49   #423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Calls to multiple dealers have resulted in either TD vehicle not being available or ' I don't care' attitude. I live in Delhi(Dwarka) and work in Gurgaon, both the cities same story. any suggestions?

I waited for my booking of the Storme400 to materialise for 2 months, but it seems they prioritised the gearbox and engine for upcoming Hexa. Suggest you re-prioritise as well.
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:21   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I love pedal to the metal driving leaving other fast vehicle drivers gazing as to what a heavy Tata just did at the green light. Superb feel.
Great Behram and your positive inputs encouraged me to take the plunge.

My Pearl white Storme 4x4 came home after years of dreaming and one full year of waiting. Will share my experience in few days time. Till then, let me allow this feeling to sink in.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2016 at 08:46. Reason: Fixed typo
sourabhzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:41   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Great Berham and your positive inputs encouraged me to take the plunge.

My Pearl white Storme 4x4 came home after years of dreaming and one full year of waiting. Will share my experience in few days time. Till then, let me allow this feeling to sink in.
That's super news Saurabh. I STRONGLY recommend getting the top of the line gold AMC.

It's my daily drive and I simply love driving it. There are some small niggles cropping up and I'll list them but I'm at peace because the AMC is present and it will take care of everything.

Have fun!!
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 20:37   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
That's super news Saurabh. I STRONGLY recommend getting the top of the line gold AMC.

It's my daily drive and I simply love driving it. There are some small niggles cropping up and I'll list them but I'm at peace because the AMC is present and it will take care of everything.

Have fun!!
Congrats sourabh. The feeling of owning a storme cannot be described in words 8 months into the ownership and I still am as excited to drive it as i was on day 1!

+1 to navpreet318. If you have a reasonable mileage of 15-20 k per year, just pick the gold AMC.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:36   #427
Aum
BHPian

Another failed try today, tried writing to TataMotors on Twitter and Facebook. No reply yet. Let us hope they still want to sell Storme.
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:20   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another failed try today, tried writing to TataMotors on Twitter and Facebook. No reply yet. Let us hope they still want to sell Storme.
Contact Concorde Motors South EX and ask for Tarun Saini.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:45   #429
BHPian

I don't know about other Tata dealerships but I went to Concorde Patparganj Delhi, took TD of Varicor 400 , asked about price, the guy replied we don't have price list as yet (the Delhi ban was rescinded a week back). Took my contact details, almost a month now, no call from them. Very sarkari attitude.
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:18   #430
BHPian

Quote:

CONGRATS Sourabh on finally getting the beast home!! :-) I can understand since you've waited so long for it; am sure it'd be all the more sweet now!

UPDATE on the AC Issue:

The issue has been diagnosed to a faulty electronic temperature control knob; reason for the temperature changes not being apparent, or, getting stuck in higher/warmer temperature only, specially while using the defogger. Apparently, this is the first such case they've encountered in the new Storme as per SA (at least here in Hyd); the 2.2 Dicor had a manual change switch which was never an issue. As expected, the part is not available and has been ordered from the factory, is in transit currently.
The replacement will take 2 full days as the dashboard has to be opened to access the part. I've expressed my displeasure and concerns around this part to the SA; but all I've is a verbal assurance for now that the job will be performed to factory standards!

Apart from all this, the front right door rattle is back and both the right doors never close in one go; hopefully, they'll be addressed (again) with the AC fix.
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:24   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
CONGRATS Sourabh on finally getting the beast home!! :-) I can understand since you've waited so long for it; am sure it'd be all the more sweet now!

Apart from all this, the front right door rattle is back and both the right doors never close in one go; hopefully, they'll be addressed (again) with the AC fix.
Tell your SA that similar issue in my Storme was settled by hammering the U clip on the pillar at an angle. I used to have the u clips taped to prevent this rattle from all 4 doors...but this one hammer did the work and now i dont need the tape, also the doors close in one go. You can do one more check before getting it hammered: close the door properly and try to press it with both hands, if their is a lot of play then the clip is misaligned.
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:06   #432
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Sourabh, I can understand the excitement as I've been on the fence for quite sometime. If possible, please post a few pictures of your Storme.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:53   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Try contacting Sab Motors, Ghaziabad and they should be able to help you asap. My experience with them has been excellent so far.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:26   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks while Storme has been on my list for long long time now, owning one has been getting delayed for one reason or the other. This time though reason is completely strange one, multiple requests of TD on Safari portal has gone unanswered. Calls to multiple dealers have resulted in either TD vehicle not being available or ' I don't care' attitude. I live in Delhi(Dwarka) and work in Gurgaon, both the cities same story. any suggestions?
Quote:
There is a TML showroom in Dwarka, near Rajapuri I believe. You can give them a try.

If you have posted on Twitter, rest assured you will get a call atleast from Concorde. They may even provide you a TD at your place.

I had a similar experience when I tried to book a TD for Tiago. It was going nowhere. But once I posted on Twitter, they followed up diligently and offered me a TD in Gurgaon. Surprisingly, they came all the way from South Ex on a monday morning. Once the test drive was done, they may have simply closed the case, and I have never got any call/followup from them.
Old 3rd October 2016, 22:12   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Congratulations Sourabh, I can understand the excitement as I've been on the fence for quite sometime. If possible, please post a few pictures of your Storme.
Thank you!

I had many plans of taking good delivery pictures and a few pictures on the first day. All plans were bulldozed by my excitement. Still managed a few simple phone shots in between other activities. Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20161002_114549.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20161002_181828.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20161003_163756.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20161002_114542.jpg  

sourabhzen is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks