Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 21:59   #481
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This looks like a spring from under the seat. Have you looked under the seat and checked? ...
But it is truly appalling to have such QC levels for a 1.5 million rupee vehicle today.
Thanks. I did check under seats. Those springs are very different from this one. QC at vendor level needs to be tightened by Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Check the steering adjustment for tilt. It could be the spring attached to the lever that we operate for tilting the steering.
I think you got it almost right. Tried to peek under the steering column, and there is another similar spring to one side of it. The other side spring is missing. These springs, I think, pull up the steering when lever is pulled down for adjustment. Anyways, will have this checked ASAP.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 07:08   #482
AAD
BHPian

Glad to know my hunch could be true. Just make sure the steering is fully locked in whichever position it currently is in as it can be extremely dangerous to drive otherwise, till you sort it out at the workshop
Old 19th December 2016, 13:15   #483
Aum
BHPian

Finally Buddy Storme(My son has Baptized Storme that way) comes home. Few pictures below
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-20161217_182420.jpg
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-20161217_182545.jpg

First feel of the beast is amazing. One issue that I am facing is temperature control nob is taking too much time to reflect temperature changes. I gather others are also facing this problem. Any pointers on how to get this problem rectified would be of immense help.
Aum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:05   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Finally Buddy Storme(My son has Baptized Storme that way) comes home. Few pictures below
Attachment 1586609
Attachment 1586610

First feel of the beast is amazing. One issue that I am facing is temperature control nob is taking too much time to reflect temperature changes. I gather others are also facing this problem. Any pointers on how to get this problem rectified would be of immense help.
Congratulations, Parikshit!

Please post more picture of the BUddy Storme.

Temperature control does not work in my case. It is either cold or warm with no intermediate temperature. I will be taking it for first service sometime this week and see if they can rectify the issue.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:47   #485
BHPian

"Paisa Vasool" moments:

1) My brother in law came visiting us with family and a couple of friends from the US for a month long vacation. Along came 10 large and 4 medium bags. The Safari gulped down all of them with ease with last and middle row folded and still had space for 2 backpacks and 4 bottles of single malt.

2) The two Americans were 250 pound plus and preferred the middle row during all the drives around Delhi and usual places like Taj, Jaipur. Yesterday, while dropping one of them back to the airport, this guy knocks on the bonnet and said I am impressed by this Truck of yours, felt safe and comfortable whereas I was fearing the hatchbacks that your brother in law had warned me about.

3) The other American after seeing the logo asked me about TATA, to his surprise told him about TCS and JLR which got him interested and he was all impressed with the company and needless to say the truck.

Last edited by garyag79 : 19th December 2016 at 14:48.
garyag79 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 23:18   #486
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Thanks. I did check under seats. Those springs are very different from this one. QC at vendor level needs to be tightened by Tata.
Any results?

Quote:
One issue that I am facing is temperature control nob is taking too much time to reflect temperature changes. I gather others are also facing this problem.
The temperature control knob needs to be replaced. The replacement seems to fix the issue.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:44   #487
Aum
BHPian

Dear All, I am in Jaiselmer for year end trip and just noticed something during morning inspection. There seems to be some nut missing. Is it serious, should I be worried?

Last edited by Aum : 30th December 2016 at 09:46.
Old 30th December 2016, 10:39   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Any results?
AC and sound issue had been reported to Tata customer service. A support manager(from Tata, not dealership) with technical background took a test drive and wants my car at service center in January to rectify them. Hopefully it will be fixed for good now. Broken spring will also be replaced at the same time.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:49   #489
BANNED

Quote:
There seems to be some nut missing. Is it serious, should I be worried?
Which nut? Where did you find it? Any pictures?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 16:47   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All, I am in Jaiselmer for year end trip and just noticed something during morning inspection. There seems to be some nut missing. Is it serious, should I be worried?
It depends on which nut is missing. I get worried even if it is a small nut missing from mudguard as a missing nut invariably cause stress on others that are left in place.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 16:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's an interesting question. Yes it would be worrying if it's the one behind the steering or maybe not.

On a serious note, looks like you forgot to post some pic or give some further details.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:48   #492
Aum
BHPian

Sorry my mistake, tried to upload picture along with the last post but it did not get uploaded hence post seems in the air. Attaching the picture now, 2 questions
1. Is it normal to have threads on the bolt and not the nut in the circled aread
2. What is the blue colored object behind the circled area
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-missingbolt.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2017, 14:17   #493
BHPian

Quote:
1. Is it normal to have threads on the bolt and not the nut in the circled aread
2. What is the blue colored object behind the circled area
1. Its normal. Search for "differential drain plug" images. This is a pretty standard design.
2. I think that object is to dampen prop-shaft vibrations. I could be wrong.

How is your 4x4 performing in sandy terrain? Do post your experience.
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:02   #494
Aum
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
1. Its normal. Search for "differential drain plug" images. This is a pretty standard design.
2. I think that object is to dampen prop-shaft vibrations. I could be wrong.

How is your 4x4 performing in sandy terrain? Do post your experience.
Thanks Black_Rider. I have enjoyed driving it all through. In fact attempted bit of sand duning as well on Jaisalmer to Tanot stretch. I would pen down detailed experience soon(hopefully).
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:50   #495
BHPian

Friends

I have booked the Hexa.
If anyone here has any word on an AT Storme, please share with me, before its to late.
(I like the Hexa, but its a van, and AT is mandatory requirement)

cheers
lazy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks