Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:02   #496
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

If any of you have any idea as to when the benefits of Aria would be passed over to a Storme 4X4? Anytime in 2017?
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:28   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If any of you have any idea as to when the benefits of Aria would be passed over to a Storme 4X4? Anytime in 2017?
Steering wheel is already passed to Storme.
Knowing TATA, AT and other features may take years before they are passed over to Storme. I think they should spend their time and energy to bring out completely new Safari/or replacement instead of adding bits and pieces to existing Safari Storme.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:39   #498
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
1. Is it normal to have threads on the bolt and not the nut in the circled aread
2. What is the blue colored object behind the circled area
1. Yes.

2. That is called a TVD or a torsional vibration damper and is indeed used to dampen vibrations from the propellor shaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
2. I think that object is to dampen prop-shaft vibrations. I could be wrong.
You are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Steering wheel is already passed to Storme.
Knowing TATA, AT and other features may take years before they are passed over to Storme. I think they should spend their time and energy to bring out completely new Safari/or replacement instead of adding bits and pieces to existing Safari Storme.
The Hexa wheel looks, feels and operates better.

That said, I truly wish that the Hexa dash, CC and the centre console are put into the Storme. That, with slightly improved QC will help it soldier on for the next 3-4 years before their All New SUV comes in.

This is what M&M has done with the Scorpio and the results are out there for everyone to see.

Last edited by n.devdath : 3rd January 2017 at 11:41.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:48   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

The Hexa wheel looks, feels and operates better.

That said, I truly wish that the Hexa dash, CC and the centre console are put into the Storme. That, with slightly improved QC will help it soldier on for the next 3-4 years before their All New SUV comes in.

This is what M&M has done with the Scorpio and the results are out there for everyone to see.
The steering wheel in Hexa is leather wrapped and has cruise control buttons. I would definitely want that leather wrapping done on my Storme steering wheel.

I wish the same but we all know TATA is will not grant these wishes. They already have given 400NM engine and 6 speed gearbox to Storme. Moreover, I will be jealous if they provide new dash and other things in Stormes of near future.
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:14   #500
Aum
BHPian

Quote:
I wish the same but we all know TATA is will not grant these wishes. They already have given 400NM engine and 6 speed gearbox to Storme. Moreover, I will be jealous if they provide new dash and other things in Stormes of near future.

cant agree more but that said, if Hexa does well, we can be assured that new Storme would be in offering. When, this can oly be answered by Gods in TATA.
For me, there are lot of positives in Hexa which should be made available across all cars(specially security features).

One Question to people in Gurgaon, any reference for good wheel alignment shop would be really helpful. I feel truck is heavy towards left.
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:34   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
One Question to people in Gurgaon, any reference for good wheel alignment shop would be really helpful. I feel truck is heavy towards left.
I think it is same for all Stormes. Here is the response on Storme official review thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3528536

Quote:
I also was upset about the left pulling issue. I asked SA to fix it during first and second services. But the issue persisted. It is then I consulted my brother-in-law about it. He is a senior engineer at Tata Motors. He told me that it is by design and not an alignment issue. So, fixing the pull actually results in misaligned wheels. Please check out the link below to find the rationale behind such a design

http://www.drive.com.au/tips-and-adv...823-2sfrw.html

Please note that the website is an Australian forum. This is actually an international automobile design practice that right hand drive cars pull slightly to the left and left hand drive cars pull slightly to the right. Therefore, as long as it is only a slight pull to the left, your vehicle is absolutely fine and complies to international safety practices.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:58   #502
Aum
BHPian

Hey just wanted to share few pictured from my trip. I have never been good in writing travel logs hence do not want to wait for that. Hope you enjoy Storm(e)ing.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_1355.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_1345.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_1340.cr2.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_1339.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_1338.jpg  

Aum is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 19:34   #503
BHPian

Checked Hexa in flesh in Hexa experience event in Chennai and came back confused. Loved the interiors and features, but look doesn't appeal that much to me in the same way whenever I see storme. A very big fan of safari and loved the new storme. Planned for storme before hexa was announced. I like proper SUV body than a MUV. Need wise and safety wise hexa ticks all boxes, but heart still says storme. Any chance of updated storme with 6 airbags and other goodies like Hexa soon?

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 9th January 2017 at 19:36.
Old 11th January 2017, 18:35   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Any chance of updated storme with 6 airbags and other goodies like Hexa soon?
While the Storme might see an improved dashboard and a few features borrowed from the Hexa, 6 airbags, ESP and other such high-tech features seem highly unlikely in the Storme.

Also, a Storme AT seems difficult at the moment.

Even with cruise control, a better centre console and climate control, the Storme would be able to garner some more sales than the current numbers.
Old 11th January 2017, 21:32   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
While the Storme might see an improved dashboard and a few features borrowed from the Hexa, 6 airbags, ESP and other such high-tech features seem highly unlikely in the Storme.

Also, a Storme AT seems difficult at the moment.

Even with cruise control, a better centre console and climate control, the Storme would be able to garner some more sales than the current numbers.
Devdath

Have you heard this from Tata sources?
This isn't good news at all.
While I really like Hexa, its a van and I'd rather buy the Storme with most of the Hexa's goodies. More so, since am so smitted by the Safari since 96.

Looks like I'll have to settle for the Hexa.

cheers
lazy
Old 16th January 2017, 23:36   #506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
UPDATE 2: AC Issue
Is the AC working fine now? If yes, it could mean that the fix has worked and could also potentially translate to an official recall.

This apart, how is the truck performing overall? How many kms? What is the overall FE?
Old 19th January 2017, 18:40   #507
BHPian

Hi All, My storme is completing an year next week (20k kms done so far). All going well but a metallic squeaking sound has started from somewhere in the cabin at the rear (probably the rear compartment door latch or something coz it sounds closest to the sound of unlatching). I have tried all ways to find out the source of the sound - folded the jump seats / unfolded them, removed all loose articles in the back, checked the upholstery and the plastic fitting, but couldn't figure out. It still comes whenever i go over any bumpy road.

Has anyone been through a similar experience to give any pointers?
Old 19th January 2017, 20:26   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Most probably it is from the rear door. The white part on lest side of the body and metallic part on the door that acts like a catcher for that white part might be the culprit. Check by pushing the door lightly to close position but do not shut it completely to reproduce the sound.
Old 19th January 2017, 21:04   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Hi All, My storme is completing an year next week (20k kms done so far). All going well but a metallic squeaking sound has started from somewhere in the cabin at the rear (probably the rear compartment door latch or something coz it sounds closest to the sound of unlatching). I have tried all ways to find out the source of the sound - folded the jump seats / unfolded them, removed all loose articles in the back, checked the upholstery and the plastic fitting, but couldn't figure out. It still comes whenever i go over any bumpy road.

Take the middle row backrest and shake it hard.
Also get all the seat bolts tightened.
Old 19th January 2017, 21:07   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Take the middle row backrest and shake it hard.
Also get all the seat bolts tightened.
I have checked the middle row. All tight and proper.
the sound comes from somewhere further behind.

Quote:
Most probably it is from the rear door. The white part on lest side of the body and metallic part on the door that acts like a catcher for that white part might be the culprit. Check by pushing the door lightly to close position but do not shut it completely to reproduce the sound.
Very likely it's the latch. Will try this and get back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks