Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 16:17   #631
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Isn't more weight on the axle supposed to help with traction?
sorry i may differ as weight on axle will bog down the the vehicle in slushy conditions

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th November 2017 at 16:22. Reason: wt=weight. No SMS lingo please!!
Old 12th November 2017, 00:46   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinvardhan View Post
Enough bashing of duster for being a pseudo suv, it has all the right credentials of being an suv the AWD version can any day do better than a 4x4 safari which can easily get bogged down in slush due to its weight while duster even in 2wd can go places due to its light weight and excellent approach and departure angles and adequate ground clearance
No. It is the lesser power that is responsible for a vehicle to bog down. Safari Storme has enough power to avoid a bog down situation. Other factors are not in favor though. I doubt there are many places where a duster can go but a Storme can not. Duster does not even have proper recovery points. Do not equate a Duster with a light weight Gypsy at all. It is a crossover, and a very good one.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 19:35   #633
BHPian

Booked VX Pearl White from SRM motors Lucknow. Will have to wait for some days as VX model is not in demand. They have stocks for EX.
Prateek19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 13:34   #634
BHPian

Got my VX 4x2 pearl white delivered on 1st of Dec.
The delivery experience was good. Had to wait 3-4 hours for my delivery as my vehicle reached Lucknow the same day. PDI was done simultaneously during the paperwork. The main time was taken by insurance guy as he had to get my NCB transfer from old car to new one.
Got door visor and rear bull guard fitted in accessories. Had to search for some good floor mats aftermarket. Cost of both were Rs.1800 and Rs.3650 respectively.

The initial driving experience was good. Some observations from Day 2:
There was some rattling sound from rear. Came to know that it is coming from rear door. Hope to get it rectified on visit to service center.
The clearance between door and body is wide but it was observed in all other Stormes standing there.
The application of gears is also not smooth. Waiting for run in to complete, maybe shifting will smoothen up. Not experienced it in my friend's Storme EX when it was new. There is one more sound during clutch application and release, had to get all that checked.
I am thinking to wait till the 1st service i.e. at 4500 kms and then visit the service center.
Can anyone help me regarding the issues I mentioned?
Overall experience is very good, loving my new ride a lot. The road presence is immense and everybody i meet mentions the same.
Prateek19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 17:19   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Got my VX 4x2 pearl white delivered on 1st of Dec.
Congrats Prateek!

Panel gaps are pretty evident in Storme!
Well for Gear slotting, they are never smooth like Japaneese make. At the same time, gears slotting should not be too hard. Get it checked/addressed.

For other issues, please be sure to spend some time with SA and make him understand your concerns. Don't give into their over enthusiastic assurance.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2017 at 20:08. Reason: ok; Trimmed quoted section
Kams_cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 18:28   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Panel gaps are pretty evident in Storme!
Thanks Kam_cars

For rattling issue, I am sure from where the sound is coming from. I will make it sure that it goes when I visit SC. For gear shift issues, I was reading this thread and in the initial posts someone has mentioned about the same. The main issue is with 1st and reverse. I am thinking to wait till the 1st service so that if any new issues crop, I can get it rectified.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2017 at 20:09.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:47   #637
BHPian

Quote:
....Some observations from Day 2:
There was some rattling sound from rear. Came to know that it is coming from rear door. Hope to get it rectified on visit to service center.
The clearance between door and body is wide but it was observed in all other Stormes standing there.
The application of gears is also not smooth. Waiting for run in to complete, maybe shifting will smoothen up. Not experienced it in my friend's Storme EX when it was new. There is one more sound during clutch application and release, had to get all that checked.
I am thinking to wait till the 1st service i.e. at 4500 kms and then visit the service center.
Can anyone help me regarding the issues I mentioned?
Overall experience is very good, loving my new ride a lot. The road presence is immense and everybody i meet mentions the same.
Rattling sound from rear has definitely to do with tail gate and that is a well known issue with Storme. Ask them to attend to the tail gate noise and also get the latches and other locking areas of the tail gate properly greased. That would resolve the issue for sure. I usually now keep a can of grease at home and clean the locking areas myself every month and then reapply the grease to prevent this from happening.

I would suggest you to not expect gear shifting to be as smooth as other cars as this takes some time getting used to. You can ask the SA to look at the gear shifting when you take the car for 1st service.

Sound that is coming while pressing and leaving the clutch is something that needs to be fixed. Ask the SA and he should take care of it.

Panel gaps are something which you would get used to as you spend time with the beast. When I upgraded from Swift to Safari Storme, it also bothered me for some time till I got used to it.

Wishing you lots of niggle free miles on your beast!
Go ahead and "Reclaim Your Life"

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 21:52   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I usually now keep a can of grease at home and clean the locking areas myself every month and then reapply the grease to prevent this from happening.
Thank you iabhishekkumar.
I am also facing a sound from front driver side door on opening. It is due to non greasing of the latches. No grease was applied during PDI. Please suggest which grease you are using. It would be very helpful in long run to grease it myself.

Quote:
I would suggest you to not expect gear shifting to be as smooth as other cars as this takes some time getting used to. You can ask the SA to look at the gear shifting when you take the car for 1st service.
Actually I have upgraded from Tata Indigo eCS so maybe I am close to Tata in terms of product and ownership but I am assuming that the gearshift is hard due to a new vehicle. I am also not expecting it to be as smooth as my previous car.

Quote:
Sound that is coming while pressing and leaving the clutch is something that needs to be fixed. Ask the SA and he should take care of it.
I have read earlier in this thread that this sound is a legacy issue and can only be heard when the windows are rolled down. I have also experienced it only when the windows were rolled down and car was in isolated place away from traffic noise.

Quote:
Wishing you lots of niggle free miles on your beast!
Go ahead and "Reclaim Your Life"

Cheers!
Thank you very much. It would be helpful if you help me in future regarding any queries related to the vehicle.
Old 13th December 2017, 18:54   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
congratulations on getting the Storme.
I am very very interested in getting one myself, but just not able to convince myself to pay 18L for something that is exactly what I need sans an AT box and a updated dash/instruments.
If you can, please do share your thought process of selecting and purchasing the Storme.
Apologies for the extremely late and tardy response, life keeping me off roads and off TBHP. answering your question, it was simple for me, Safari Dicor always had the butch that appealed to me,and was the vehicle that I wanted to go for, however was put off by the large turning radius that came with the beast of this size.

My home is in NCR, where in the navigation into the "gullis" and navigating the minefield of idiotic parking is a daily nightmare.

With above two pieces in mind, the Storme was the last vehicle i kept for the TD. I had been with Ford for a large period of time and was getting a good deal in the Endy, still its turning radius left for some amount of doubts. secondly it was slightly larger in proportion. T'Fort wasnt considered as well post the TD of Endy. Safari was smaller , however the ride quality wasnt what i expected.

I rotated back to my initial thoughts of giving the Storme a try post reading through all the fresh ownership details and reducing pains associated with owning the safari. Surprisingly, the handling , ride quality and turning radius was awesome

Also the Safari with 4x4 was still cheaper than the T'fort/Endy.

In summary while it was a heart led decision , the pocket made its presence felt as well, Not to mention my navigator wife, who was all gung ho with the storme.

What have I traded? Lots of comfy features available in new age cushioned MUV/SUV.
Some good to have features

What do I gain ?
Full throttle SUV, with the requisite amount of butch and finesse.
Bowing to my heart.

End of the day, its very personal. if you can live without the gizmos/touchscreen/ or other cosmetic yet eye catching features, give the strome a chance. You will be blown away by the ride quality, handling and of course the semi-classic looks .( i am still blown away by the Dicor)

Hope I have managed to give you some insight or share my experience on how i became the proud owner of the Safari Strome. I wish you all success in following your heart to finalizing the ride that suits you cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Dunno how I missed it, nevertheless, hearty congratulations on bringing the icon home and wish a million km of happiness. Is it a 2WD or a 4WD?
Its 4wd. Ribbons removed now, finally once I got the UP registration done. Apparently there was an issue wrt the registration in UP and the final number came in only few days back.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2017 at 20:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged
iamwhatiam_okay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 14:36   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhatiam_okay View Post
Ahem Ahem Ahem
I will start this post with a big thanks to myself (for favouring heart over mindclap and my better half for supporting me in this craziness.
===========
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.[/b]
Congratulations!!!
Hope you are doing lots of kms in NCR as every place is far off from other in that region.

I want to know whether the chrome on ORVM is company fitted or you have got it as an accessory? In my Dec 17 Storme, it is not there and I am thinking that it is a cost reduction from TML.

Cost reduction have been there in Storme in earlier instances also. My two friends got their vehicle last year in 3-4 months gap.
The difference in both were:
1- Lamp in the third compartment as mentioned in the manual was gone. One is having, the other one is not.
2- One touch down in all windows. One is having, the other one has got only driver's side.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:18   #641
BHPian

Quote:

Recently put up a SOUL decal which was shipped to me by Tata Motors.

Cheers!
Hi iabhishekkumar, I was wondering from where have you ordered the SOUL sticker. I have registered in the community but was unable to get the details regarding the sticker.
Thanks.
Old 15th December 2017, 18:28   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
Hope you are doing lots of kms in NCR as every place is far off from other in that region.

I want to know whether the chrome on ORVM is company fitted or you have got it as an accessory? In my Dec 17 Storme, it is not there and I am thinking that it is a cost reduction from TML.
Congrats to you as well Prateek, welcome to the family of safari .

The beast is just shy of 5k in the ODO. the Chrome was a part of the ORVM company fitted.

w.r.t rest of the points of yours, mine has only the driver side one touch window.

dunno why TML is hell bent upon cost cutting to a machine that is worth investing on.
iamwhatiam_okay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 22:01   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Hi iabhishekkumar, I was wondering from where have you ordered the SOUL sticker. I have registered in the community but was unable to get the details regarding the sticker.
Thanks.
Basically, there is a google sheet which needs to be updated with the details and TATA guys automatically picks up those new additions and then send the stickers accordingly. Please use the below link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gw...TpqccablQB67hg

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 10:24   #644
BHPian

Hello,

I have a question for Storme owners. There is a sound that has been bothering me for some time now in my beast. I got the same checked last week and asked them to check all the doors and tail gate and also asked them to check the roof mounted AC as I suspected that noise was coming in from there. They opened the grille of the roof mounted AC and inserted some thermocol pieces and told me that all is fixed.

At first it seemed that it has resolved the issue, but 2-3 days later, the noise has started again and I am sure that it is from somewhere behind i.e. either in the middle row or from roof AC.

Wanted to ask if somebody has faced similar issues and if I can get some tips around that? If there is something that I can check on my own, please share that too!

Cheers!
Old 18th December 2017, 12:06   #645
BANNED

Quote:
There is a sound that has been bothering me for some time now in my beast.
What kind of sound is it? When does it come? Can you post a video of it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks