Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2023, 20:56   #916
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post

The new keypad did fit in though it is not the best of the fits. Ideally it should not be bulging out as much. But did the trials and it does work with and without a silicone cover as well.
Great job Agreed it isn't the best of fits but gets the job done. Actually, am thinking getting rid of the silicone as I've to press the buttons a bit harder.
Old 18th April 2023, 09:00   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Great job Agreed it isn't the best of fits but gets the job done. Actually, am thinking getting rid of the silicone as I've to press the buttons a bit harder.
Indeed, I will be doing the same. Silicone cover makes it more bulkier and you need to press a tad bit harder on the buttons.
Old 20th June 2023, 10:04   #918
BHPian

Fellow Stormers

Need your inputs/advice.

My V400 went for a service, 2018 model, run about 25k.
Was suggested the 60 month service, and I had the following things to be looked into:

1. FM radio makes chrrr chrrr noise at volumes 8 and above. It's okay when music is streamed via BT, so am guessing it is a tuner issue
2. Some internal noise coming from inside cabin when going over rough patches
3. Pickup seemed a bit sluggish

Got the car back on Monday, having given on Sat morning - this is a first, KHT Mahadevpura is simply crazy busy and they definitely need a bigger service center.

Resolutions (or lack thereof):
1. Advisor said it was loose wiring at speaker, we have rectified. Of course its not.
2. Not done.
3. Addressed.

Additionally, was suggested to:

- change battery before it dies on me - I'll do this outside. Any recommendations on make/model?
- change Clutch since it is hard and doesn't disengage smoothly - it is indeed a bit harder compared to how it was when new and there's a slight abruptness when i move from 1st to 2nd, but other shifts are fine. We were told when Storme was launched that it has a self adjusting cluth with a 60k life. Do I need to change the part, or do I need a new service center?
- change timing belt since its a 5 year old car- same query as above?

Overall, also felt there were some unnecessary charges in my invoice, I was too flustered on Monday evening to argue any further (was called to collect at 5pm, car wasn't ready until almost 630pm, and even then not clean). Please have a look and let me know which I could have avoided.

Finally, which FNG can I goto next time - the KHT guys are simply not interested in the older cars, have too much workload, and generally pushing part replacements.

cheers
lazy
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-invoice-1.jpeg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-invoice-2.jpeg  

Old 20th June 2023, 12:27   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Overall, also felt there were some unnecessary charges in my invoice,...
I looked at the invoice you have shared. The three Bardahl items were not necessary, Especially the Engine Flush. The strip with acrylic - I dont know what it is.

All Tata Service centres look overloaded these days, reflecting the increased sales. However, setting up a service centre branch is no joke, and I am not sure if the dealers will invest on new facilities/branches.

The 6-speed 400Nm Varicor does have a self adjusting clutch. Those with this model can comment better.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 22:00   #920
BHPian

Quote:
- change battery before it dies on me - I'll do this outside. Any recommendations on make/model?
Go for AMARON 85 mh, if you're still looking.
Quote:
- change Clutch since it is hard and doesn't disengage smoothly - it is indeed a bit harder compared to how it was when new and there's a slight abruptness when i move from 1st to 2nd, but other shifts are fine. We were told when Storme was launched that it has a self adjusting cluth with a 60k life. Do I need to change the part, or do I need a new service center?
If your usage is primarily in city, then maybe a good idea to replace. Haven't heard about any limited life, mostly boils down to driving style and usage pattern (city/highway). I have a similar usage pattern (70% city and 30% highway) but had a different symptom. My car vibrates badly upon releasing the clutch slowly in 1st or 2nd gear, when the car is in B2B traffic. The need to replace was confirmed by the TASS technician today, post a brief TD.

Quote:
- change timing belt since its a 5 year old car- same query as above?
Better to replace as a preventive maintenance. Believe the manual says 5yrs or 60K kms; I've replaced sometime back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
The strip with acrylic - I dont know what it is.
Looks like the weights they add during wheel balancing; could be wrong though.

Quick Update:

Mine is due for the annual maintenance, so I thought of getting some preventive maintenance done (change all rubber parts) this time, along with general service. I could feel the car running a bit rough, slow to pickup, gear/clutch not engaging smooth and some random rattles from the cabin.

So went to local TASS today to get a technician to assess the condition over a TD. During the brief drive he confirmed the clutch is a goner, apparently the engine revved more and pickup wasn't proportionate. I mentioned to him about the preventive replacements and upon our return, opened the hood to check. While most of them seemed ok, the technician found oil seepage on both the turbo and exhaust manifold joints (pics below). While the exhaust manifold may just need a gasket replacement, the turbo is also a goner as per him!

Aside from a slight drop in the pickup, I've not exp. any other symptom indicating a turbo issue. The pickup issue can also be attributed to the bad clutch. So, in two minds now whether to go for a turbo replacment as well or just get the clutch done, clean the oil seepage and reassess - would appreciate pointers from fellow Stormers!?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20230714_185913.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20230714_190027.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20230714_190049.jpg  

avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed