Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:45   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

The ironman type bumpers which were showcased on the first generation Storme were of way better quality and shape than this one. Those were proper ironman replica with indicator and fog light inserts.
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:16   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Old news.

Tata Safari Storme TUFF Edition showcased at Expo.
Thanks Jeepster

Again proved that the TATA team is very fast in bringing in new offerings to the table. These accessories were advertised as "latest" add-ons

Sad part - when I asked for the rear flexible swing arm alone, they won't sell the individual item it seems. It will be all of it or nothing. Hope atleast it changes.
Old 11th July 2016, 08:17   #378
BHPian

I would like to clarify that 400 varicor is only available in vx trim and not the ex one as i had posted earlier, there was some sort of miscommunication i guess, confusion between varicor and varicor 400 i guess nevertheless il be booking my storme today, keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12th July 2016, 21:34   #379

Amidst the monsoon the Storme finally arrives!!

After not so cool first experience of booking and cancelling the 400 - 4x2 at dealer X who was close to my residence… Went ahead booking a 400 4x4 at Concorde-Bangalore and took the delivery on Friday evening … Had smiles, butterflies and frustration driving home in the notorious Bangalore traffic … did a couple of short spins over the weekend and had a few feel good teasers of the machine!!

Cheers!
sridhar2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 23:16   #380
BHPian

Congrats Sridhar on your beast!!! Please post some pics of your ride.
driverabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 23:13   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar2k View Post
Went ahead booking a 400 4x4 at Concorde-Bangalore and took the delivery on Friday evening
Congrats.

I recommend a voluntary oil change at 5000km, for your peace of mind.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 07:39   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

The acclerator pedal has a curved surface. I wonder if it is possible to replace the current accelerator pedal, such that the pedal itself is flat ?
Old 15th July 2016, 11:36   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar2k View Post
Amidst the monsoon the Storme finally arrives!!!
Congratulations on your new car Do Concorde or any other dealer have a 4x4 for test drive? I'm unable to find one in Bangalore. I have driven a 4x2 400NM. Is the 4x4 steering much heavier compared to the 4x2?
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 22:55   #384
BHPian

Got my Storme 4x2 400 nm vx today in astern black colour, paid just 1500 for the 0 Dep insurance, and got 10,000 knocked off from the ex showroom price as well, all in all a sweet deal i guess, this is my second innings with tata, lets see how this one goes, first one ended abruptly and left a bitter taste in my mouth, but that story is for some other time, also faced my first couple of niggles, the left side orvm is slightly hesitant to face downwards after a certain level in comparision to the right orvm, not exactly too much of an issue, second one is that the ac temp knob does not know what its doing, at one point of time i got drenched in rain and was feeling cold because of the ac, so i turned it all the way down ( clockwise) to the second or third last point before it turns red (hot), it started to blow warm air! i turned it a point or two back to cooler temprature, still it blew warm air, once i turned it again to the coldest setting, then it kinda reset and was ok! Tata man u guys are something, all of the people in this thread love your product and haven put their money where their mouth is and a lot more who arnt on this thread or on this site for that matter, but u dont change enough, fast enough! no wonder why everyone thinks im crazy to put my money on a tata, nevertheless apart from these two issues i really like this car, a goodie to go alongwith the brickbats though, i paired my iphone with the connectinext and it automatically set the clock time to my cells time, didnt had to set it!!
makanaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 20:02   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
so i turned it all the way down ( clockwise) to the second or third last point before it turns red (hot), it started to blow warm air! i turned it a point or two back to cooler temprature, still it blew warm air, once i turned it again to the coldest setting, then it kinda reset and was ok!
Congrats; welcome to the 400 club; I've the same color! Wishing you many happy miles with it!

Even I've the exact same problem with the AC; only difference being mine just doesn't adjust and continues to blow warm air unless I switch it off and then back on! I thought I am doing something wrong; even in my humble Ritz, the switch was instant, as you could feel the difference in air?! Seriously though, is there any fix for this?
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:02   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Do Concorde or any other dealer have a 4x4 for test drive? I'm unable to find one in Bangalore. I have driven a 4x2 400NM. Is the 4x4 steering much heavier compared to the 4x2?
Don't think any of the dealers have a 4x4 for TD. didn't find / feel the steering heavy on a 4x4 I guess its the same.
sridhar2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 19:19   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Tata Safari Storme TUFF Edition showcased at Expo.
How to open the tail gate with this design of the rear bumper mounted spare wheel?
Old 25th July 2016, 08:54   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How to open the tail gate with this design of the rear bumper mounted spare wheel?
Like the adventurra. Open the Stepney hinge, then open the door. Highly inconvenient. BTW the ironman bumpers are not available on the official site. Where can one buy it?
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 19:09   #389
BHPian

To 2015 or 400nm owners, I drove 2013 storme and was in-need to hold the steering stiff and tight on bad roads (left wheel up/right down due to partial humps in road). It was scary feeling just like wheels are about to go off the truck.

Do you also feel the same in latest edition of storme, haven't experienced this in other cars I have driven.
Old 30th July 2016, 23:02   #390
BHPian

Hi all, I haven't come across any mention of the tata motors service connect app on this thread. Another useful hidden treasure by tata. I just registered today and found ALL service records of my storme till date in it. Plus you can do a lot more through it like service booking, complaint registration, many more options.

It is very easy to register as long as you have your registered mobile number intact. Pls search for tata motors service in Android or apple app stores.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks