Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 21:23   #1591
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
What tire pressure you guys maintain? At 33/30 suggested by Tata I find the ride too bumpy.
I agree that the ride is a bit bumpy at lower speeds, such as typical city speeds. But as the speed increases the ride improves a great deal. If your car is driven exclusively on city roads at low speeds, I think that you could reduce tyre pressure to 30/27 for a better ride. I don't think that fuel consumption would be badly affected.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:28   #1592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I agree that the ride is a bit bumpy at lower speeds, such as typical city speeds. But as the speed increases the ride improves a great deal. If your car is driven exclusively on city roads at low speeds, I think that you could reduce tyre pressure to 30/27 for a better ride. I don't think that fuel consumption would be badly affected.
Won't 27 for rears be too low? Its not a light weight car as such. Perhaps 30/30 is okay.
I'd still suggest 32 at least for fronts. The tires are pretty wide patch. Lower the pressure, higher the grip and certainly more for engine to do and lower FE.
Old 9th July 2017, 22:10   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Won't 27 for rears be too low? Its not a light weight car as such. Perhaps 30/30 is okay.
I'd still suggest 32 at least for fronts. The tires are pretty wide patch. Lower the pressure, higher the grip and certainly more for engine to do and lower FE.
27 at the rear might be too low with 4 passengers but most people use their cars in the city with no passengers or 1 passenger. So I don't think it will be a problem. But it would be best to try the lower pressures and see if you are happy with the effect.
Old 9th July 2017, 22:15   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Some detailed discussion on that topic here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-pressure.html
Old 11th July 2017, 12:13   #1595
BHPian

Quick question, Has anyone fitted a pin type gear lock in their tiago. Tata showroom guys are saying that only U type gear lock is possible and that too after fitting a plate which would spoil the looks of cockpit. Any suggestions here

What else you have treated your tiago with to protect her? Some options which I can think of are steering lock, clutch lock and GPS tracker.

Thanks

Last edited by sparkguy : 11th July 2017 at 12:16.
Old 14th July 2017, 21:08   #1596
BHPian

Got a very funny glitch. Whenever I'm playing a song via bluetooth and i put the car in reverse and back in first it restarts the song. Literally have no clue why this is happening
Old 20th July 2017, 15:06   #1597
BHPian

We recently added a new member to our family, a TATA TIAGO XZA for my better half. Even though a lot has been discussed about the looks and the good quality feel of the car, I would like to add that most of my office colleagues as well as my neighbors liked the interiors so much that they asked be twice whether its a TATA car. Having said that I have a few queries regarding the car

1. The front passenger side door does not close smoothly and has to be closed with a firm hand as compared to the other doors.
2. Water accumulates at the base of the rear doors during the rains. Whenever rear doors are opened, the water splashes out. It happens for both the doors, so thinking may be a design fault.
3. The car audio cannot be switched off after the car is engaged in reverse and parking sensors are activated.

As my wife uses the car most of the time, I did not get an opportunity to extensively drive it, however the initial impressions have been pretty good. Due to the high seating and light steering, I now find the Punto seating and steering little "uncomfortable".

Also if someone could please suggest a good matting for the car which fits properly. I could not find matting in the official tata accessories list.
a_myth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:49   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post

1. The front passenger side door does not close smoothly and has to be closed with a firm hand as compared to the other doors.
2. Water accumulates at the base of the rear doors during the rains. Whenever rear doors are opened, the water splashes out. It happens for both the doors, so thinking may be a design fault.
3. The car audio cannot be switched off after the car is engaged in reverse and parking sensors are activated.
Congrats on your new car.

1. Get the doors realigned.
2. Must be a faulty placement of the beading. Get it checked.
3. No idea. Other owners might be able to shed some light on it.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 18:22   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post

Also if someone could please suggest a good matting for the car which fits properly. I could not find matting in the official tata accessories list.
1. Get the door realigned at the service centre. Maybe somebody put their weight on the door when opening and getting into the car.

2. Check with the service centre.

3. Check the music system manual for the reverse parking music mix feature.

Try 3M mats. There is a thread in the modifications and accessories forum.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:49   #1600
BHPian

My brother in law has booked a tiago petrol xz. The showroom has few 2016 model year cars left in their stock. They have offered the cars to him with some discount. Is it safe to accept the discount and get the 2016 model year cars? Will there be any issues in registration and bank loan? Anything we should be looking out for?? Please help.
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:59   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
My brother in law has booked a tiago petrol xz. The showroom has few 2016 model year cars left in their stock. They have offered the cars to him with some discount. Is it safe to accept the discount and get the 2016 model year cars? Will there be any issues in registration and bank loan? Anything we should be looking out for?? Please help.
a car lying is stock for all this long is bound to have been used for quite a few test drives (plenty of stories here about tbhpians being given td cars with disconnected odos) , and i have seen Tata dealers and TASC's swapping out defective parts in cars being delivered with other cars in stock when customers threaten to escalate issues.

Registration and loan should not be an issue, question is, how big a discount is being offered, and do you consider the money worth your future time and effort to fix the issues which are likely to pop up?
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:12   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Registration and loan should not be an issue, question is, how big a discount is being offered, and do you consider the money worth your future time and effort to fix the issues which are likely to pop up?
Thanks for the clarification on registration and other formalities. Regarding the cars, we are having the same conerns. However, the dealer is an aquaintance, and out of the few 2016 cars, he has recommended only two cars to select from. He wants to clear his yard desperately as the showroom is in the heart of the city, and these cars are taking up valuable space, hence the discount offered is too big to pass. He is adding in additional warranty till 4 years or 1 lakh km. Waiting to checkout the cars in person.

Last edited by ps_abhijith : 22nd July 2017 at 12:16.
Old 22nd July 2017, 13:24   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is adding in additional warranty till 4 years or 1 lakh km. Waiting to checkout the cars in person.
This alone is good enough provided it is in writing and not word of mouth.
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:48   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification on registration and other formalities. Regarding the cars, we are having the same conerns. However, the dealer is an aquaintance, and out of the few 2016 cars, he has recommended only two cars to select from. He wants to clear his yard desperately as the showroom is in the heart of the city, and these cars are taking up valuable space, hence the discount offered is too big to pass. He is adding in additional warranty till 4 years or 1 lakh km. Waiting to checkout the cars in person.
I believe some of the earlier batches of Tiago were not good in terms of the gear lever having excessive vibrations etc. which was eventually ironed out for the late 2016 and 2017 batch of cars. Make sure you can check the car before you go ahead with the decision.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 23:21   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
This alone is good enough provided it is in writing and not word of mouth.
Dropped the plan for 2016 model car. My brother in law has went ahead and booked xz petrol from a different dealer. The previous dealer who offered the 2016 model car seems a bit dodgy on details of the car. He claims its a perfectly good xz model but he had removed the alloys. A perfect car, that too top model would not have been difficult to sell. Also, on finance he was not willing to go with HDFC and was giving not so convincing explanations. On enquiring with HDFC, they indicated that the dealer has defaulted on some loan from HDFC and any payment to the dealer would go to the loan. This was enough to keep our distance. Anyway, all for good, he expects to take delivery of his new tiago next week...
ps_abhijith is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks