Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 11:13   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

https://www-rushlane-com.cdn.ampproj...12250589.html/

Just saw this report. The safety aspect looks good for the vehicle.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 13:54   #1652
BHPian

Does anyone know if CNG kit can be fitted to this car? Especially the AMT version.

I am in market for a new car but prefer CNG as this will be my second car specifically for City commute.
shashankrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 02:22   #1653

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
On another note, what are the service costs of Tiago diesel? Can someone throw some light?
I have taken Gold AMC Plan for the first year. So, there was no charge for me on 15,000 kms Oil change service. For 22,500 kms general service, the cost was around Rs.1500/- but that included wheel alignment, balancing, and rotation charges worth Rs.1200/-(as per bill).

My Tiago is due for 30,000 kms Oil change service in 1500 kms. I will keep you posted once done.
karthik_tp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 14:42   #1654
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I have a query to make and couldn't find a thread associated to it so positng it here. I had booked Tiago XM(o) 2 months back and was told that I'll get the car in 3 months. Now today the dealer called me and told that there is no Tiago XM (o) in the plan at plant and they don't have the car available in the plant as well. He was trying to push me for Nexon and I was like why should I buy a compact SUV when I already have a SUV?
Can you tell me how should I take this to upper management through emails. Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 14:50   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a query to make and couldn't find a thread associated to it so positng it here. I had booked Tiago XM(o) 2 months back and was told that I'll get the car in 3 months. Now today the dealer called me and told that there is no Tiago XM (o) in the plan at plant and they don't have the car available in the plant as well. He was trying to push me for Nexon and I was like why should I buy a compact SUV when I already have a SUV?
Can you tell me how should I take this to upper management through emails. Thanks
Funny attempt by the SA.

Your first step should be to check other dealerships first for availability. If any one other says there is a car available for the trim you want, tell your current dealership that you'll cancel your booking unless you get the car you want. See what happens.
Old 19th September 2017, 17:39   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
He's bluffing.
Someone very close to me booked a Tiago XTA (O) at Concorde Motors, Mumbai 1 week ago.
They have given a delivery estimate of 25 days.

Drop the SA. Just write up or shift dealers and then again complain against the Dealer.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:08   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_kone View Post

I have lost my sleep over this. The guys at workshop are very courteous and vehemently denying any such wrong doing. However, whenever the car is making any sound, or jerking while decelerating, I feel that did they replace any new component with another faulty one? Does such thing happen?
I have shown your post to k b motors, csm, park circus . You may contact ms antara banerjee at the service centre or if you provide the car number they will contact you.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:46   #1658
BHPian

I had a bad experience at my nearby Tata showroom. I had visited the showroom a week ago when I was told Tiago Petrol test drive vehicle is not available so they can't provide me a test drive. I went there yesterday, and I was told there is no petrol in the car so no test drive. Even SA told me test drive car is parked behind other cars so he can not take it out. I asked for XM optional variant, but SA said Tata has stopped the production of all optional variants, he said "Hamari gaadiyan to bina airbag ke bhi safe hain sir (Our cars are safe even without airbags". I met the sales manager of that showroom, even he said that company is not sending them optional variants easily, same is the case with XZ without alloys. I wanted to buy XZ without alloy, but all I am being offered is a November, 2016 XZ without alloy model with free zero dep insurance.

I visited Nexa next and had a very pleasant experience, I was offered a test drive of Ignis immediately. And, they are ready to deliver any variant within a week. In my opinion, Tiago is overall a better product than Ignis. But, poor management of Tata Motors and its showrooms are causing harm to it.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th September 2017 at 12:56. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Udit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 12:58   #1659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
In my opinion, Tiago is overall a better product than Ignis. But, poor management of Tata Motors and its showrooms are causing harm to it.
If there is an option, please do visit another showroom and try. As far as possible, do not base your car buying decision solely on one bad dealer experience. It's a one-off transaction.

Good luck !
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 15:28   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If there is an option, please do visit another showroom and try. As far as possible, do not base your car buying decision solely on one bad dealer experience. It's a one-off transaction.

Good luck !
Actually, that is the only Tata dealership in my town. And, they run the only Tata A.S.S. here too. Well, today I am promised a test drive at doorstep, let's see if they arrive.
Old 21st September 2017, 08:40   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
In my opinion, Tiago is overall a better product than Ignis. But, poor management of Tata Motors and its showrooms are causing harm to it.
Both Tiago & Ignis are good. Former is priced well though. I have been using Tiago since 1 year and the car is very good. The main highlights are fresh design, good interiors, excellent ride & easy ingress/egress.

But, now the more important things. Even though car is good, it has had fair share of niggles. Let me elaborate.

1. My car has a cabin lamp but it doesn't work when does are closed. Even if you on it manually.

2. Car jerks when starting in morning even after warming the engine for 2-3 minutes.

3. Engine feels sluggish in Eco mode.

4. Reverse gear doesn't engage properly.

5. There is some problem with the rear torsion beam, sound comes on when the car is accelerated. Tata haven't been able to solve this.

6. Windshield washer reservoir pipeline is of poor quality, water leaks out from it whenever the car is driven on bad roads.

7. AC is very noisy even in 1 position. Thought it would have been due to AC filter, but it doesn't even have one.

These are the things I have noticed in the 1st year itself.

I expected these to happen since it's a Tata.
But, still if someone has liked this car, please go ahead with it as I mentioned earlier, the fresh design, good interiors, VFM pricing makes it a attractive car to have, especially first time buyers.

Coming to Ignis, it's also a very good car, but a bit overpriced. But, expect it to be more reliable then Tiago in long term, that's for sure.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 09:26   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
AC is very noisy even in 1 position. Thought it would have been due to AC filter, but it doesn't even have one.
There is AC filter in Tiago.
There is a thread in Team-BHP on DIY cleaning of AC filter

There is also a video of DIY cleaning of AC filter in Youtube
Hope this helps

Old 21st September 2017, 11:16   #1663
BHPian

Quote:

Coming to Ignis, it's also a very good car, but a bit overpriced. But, expect it to be more reliable then Tiago in long term, that's for sure.
I would have booked Ignis Delta . It comes at a price point of Tiago xz. But a few things are going against Ignis.

1. Panels are wafer thin. Overall I wasn't convinced with the build quality. High tensile strength theory might work for the frame, but panels are too thin to withstand force. On the other hand, Tiago feels built to last.

2. Ride is not as supple as in the Tiago. Rear suspensions make noise every time you go over a pothole.

3. Pricey. Tiago offers much more for the same price.

4. Road noise: Ignis felt very noisy to me at high speeds. Tyre noise seeps into the cabin at high speeds and adds to the already loud blower. ICE doesn't help much either. Inside Tiago, that Harman unit helps a lot in keeping people on board happy.

5. Design. It is a subjective thing. But for me, the rear is ugly.
Udit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 11:27   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Both Tiago & Ignis are good. Former is priced well though. I have been using Tiago since 1 year and the car is very good. The main highlights are fresh design, good interiors, excellent ride & easy ingress/egress.

But, now the more important things. Even though car is good, it has had fair share of niggles. Let me elaborate.

1. ...
Older Tiagos have had their cabin lamp replaced in a recall. It looks like you are not aware of this.

Another recall is for the air filter for Diesel Tiago.

I agree that reverse doesn't always engage, but I have experienced this in many cars, more expensive and cheaper.

The eco mode is just a gimmick, in my opinion. The performance is just pathetic in eco mode so I don't feel it worth using, at least in city conditions.

Another negative for me is the headlamp performance in high beam. The light spreads too much to properly illuminate far objects. It's not a case of insufficient bulb power. I would really like to know if this is any better in the Tigor.
Old 21st September 2017, 23:24   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Funny attempt by the SA.

Your first step should be to check other dealerships first for availability. If any one other says there is a car available for the trim you want, tell your current dealership that you'll cancel your booking unless you get the car you want. See what happens.
I had initially booked the Tiago in my Hometown and at the time of booking they said the car will be availbale within 20-25 days but same day in the evening the SA called and told me that it will take 4-5 moths for delivery. So I cancelled my booking and got it booked with Concorde Motors in Delhi. Now they are saying that they have no idea when the car will arrive as the plant has no optional variant cars as of now and nothing is in plan as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
He's bluffing.
Someone very close to me booked a Tiago XTA (O) at Concorde Motors, Mumbai 1 week ago.
They have given a delivery estimate of 25 days.

Drop the SA. Just write up or shift dealers and then again complain against the Dealer.
Initially I was given the same time frame but later they changed it to 4-5 months.

Also I need some advice from the guru's, the dealer has a 2016 (november) manufactured Tiago XT in stock and is offering me 35K discount on it. Now I have some questions:
- Is it worth buying almost a year old model?
- Since the car is almost a year old how reliable can it be? Will it be mechanically sound, since it has been standing in the yard for almost 1 year.
- What kind of negotiations can I do with the dealer IF I deccide to go ahead with it?

Last edited by Singh09 : 21st September 2017 at 23:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks