Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 09:43   #1681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
The number of Tiago factory dispatch in Aug itself is 5000+ ( don't remember exact number). This outright proves that the SA is lying or he does not have any clue of the true facts. Suggest you denand a latest vin car (july mfg car is absolutely ok ), if you are hell bent. Just do a detailed PDI...
The Tiago are also nanufavtured in Sep as well in Sanand plant... This is tata highest selling model now. Nexon production is happening in their pune fiat ranjangaon plant.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:06   #1682

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In Bangalore dealers are charging 6500 as handling & logistics charges. Has anyone successfully got this waived off? How do I deal with this?

Is it worthwhile to go for GOLD AMC?
I haven't taken Gold AMC yet. Free services just got over. However going by the items covered I feel it's worth taking that. But try to stick with Concorde only.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:10   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the advise. Are you suggesting Concorde because they don't have the illegal Handling charges of 6500 built into their quote or for other reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshudas View Post
I haven't taken Gold AMC yet. Free services just got over. However going by the items covered I feel it's worth taking that. But try to stick with Concorde only.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:39   #1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks for the advise. Are you suggesting Concorde because they don't have the illegal Handling charges of 6500 built into their quote or for other reasons?
Primary reason to go to Concorde was that it is owned by Tata. Reason for sticking it with is that they have never over charged me. Even the insurance and insurance renewal quotes were below what Policy Bazar and other insurance agents and companies were offering. They have been very responsive to all the queries I had. They have become very professional, mostly because of the organizational changes Tata is going through. Overall, there is a good intent to ensure customer satisfaction.
Old 27th September 2017, 11:49   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

Anyone else faced a similar issue?
I face somewhat similar issue with my Nano.
Both rear door behaves like being 'locked' for fraction of seconds during whole rainy season, especially after going through rains.
I see this issue as rubber getting sticky because of increased humidity levels in the atmosphere.
Don't find it as a major issue.
So suggest you to wait till winter arrives, which is just around the corner.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:02   #1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
But I don't get what they need the advance for. If they need additional payment, then what did we pay them the booking amount for? For buying and distributing sweets because another of their vehicle is getting sold?

Quote:
That's just unethical in my opinion. Someone has committed to the booking by paying booking amount, you are committed to the delivery on the expected date, and all of sudden you decide people need to pay additional sums just for you to honour your commitment?
I completely agree with you here. I had the exact same sentiments. These are I feel cheap sales tricks because once you make the payment it gives the dealer an upper hand. You can always forfeit 10k in worst case but not 2.5 L. I did not follow up with Tata on this because the whole experience after paying the amount was good for me. They let me have the PDI beforehand and everything was in order.

Quote:
Do they charge for such a temp registration/red-number-plate? I won't let the car go even outside my society till I get permanent registration, but I will need to drive it back to the society from showroom, and I won't be willing to pay any additional charges for such temp reg, especially since the inspection -> payment -> registration delays are not my fault.
This I am not sure. Maybe someone in the forum can help here.

Quote:
I mentioned so, but those guys wouldn't budge. I don't know if I have any means to force them to abide by that ruling.
You can always get the same thing printed on the invoice and complain in consumer forum and to Tata.
Old 29th September 2017, 09:18   #1687
BHPian

Final update on my Tiago booking. I received a call yesterday afternoon from the SA. He reiterated the same old payment-first thing. When I didn't budge, he handed the phone over to his Team Lead. Few pleasantries later, I informed him that they can't expect me to pay beyond the booking amount before I see the car myself. The discussion went on on these lines -

Dealer: PDI costs us around 3k to just get the car out of the stockyard and adds 40km on the odo. We need to show advance payment against invoice for getting the car out of stockyard.
Me: Why don't you bump up the booking amount in that case? And besides, I have already offered to visit the stockyard.
Dealer: Even we don't visit the stockyard, so that can't be done. But rest assured the car will be good.
Me: <reluctantly> Since you are so confident about the car, I will pay 20k additionally, given you promise in writing that it will be refunded in case I don't like the car.
Dealer: 20k won't cut it, we need payment of at least half the price of the car.
Me: You expect me to pay half the price of the car, without even seeing what I am paying for?

Dealer: <addressing SA>, did he mention at the time of booking that he will want to see the vehicle before payment?

I almost said, I didn't mention that I need a car with four wheel either; are you gonna give me a rikshaw now? Isn't wanting to see the product before payment, as obvious as expecting four wheels on the car?

Dealer: <addressing me again> It's the same everywhere. I was at Maruti before I joined Tata, and you need to make advance payment everywhere. You will get to see the car before registration, and without your signature on the registration form, we can't proceed. If you don't like the car, we will allocate you another one from the stock.
Me: This is festival season, what if your stock gets sold out? or you don't have the color in stock? You will keep me hanging for months till you get new stock.
Dealer: In that I will refund you the amount.
Me: Will you give it to me in writing that you will refund the full amount including booking-amount in case - 1) I don't like the car and 2) the delivery doesn't happen on Dasara?
Dealer: I will send you an email about refund after you make the payment(!), and as for the second point, who said anything about the delivery on Dasara? The registration office will be closed for festivals, and I can't let the car out of showroom without registration.
Me: Oh then in that case, we are at a dead end. The whole premise behind the booking was delivery on Dasara. I will come later for cancelling the booking.
Dealer: Ok.

I went to the showroom later in the evening, signed a later stating why I am cancelling, attached a cancelled cheque for refund, along with the original payment receipt and handed it over to the SA. The SA, as he has always been, was very nice, helpful and very professional. He is really customer oriented. If only his dealer/Tata and their policies were more so. I thanked him, we wished each other a Happy Dasara, though ours will be a sombre one now since the occasion is virtually ruined, and I got out of the showroom. I was told I would get the refund credited in my account within a week.

All in all, I am quite livid over this whole fiasco. I just fail to understand that a company that's trying to turn a page in its otherwise mediocre history, would turn away an excited customer sitting on cash in his account ready to press the buy button, because of some obtuse procedure?

What kind of customers are you planning to woo Tata? Push-overs who can bend to your whims and wishes in a buyer's market? Or those who are aware of their rights and knowledgible enough to have specific (reasonable) demands because *they are paying*? If it's the earlier, then good luck, because the educated neo-affluents are not push-overs any more, definitely not in a buyer's market, they are increasingly the later breed.

It's in a consumer's right to see the product before he pays for it. And the booking amount is commitment enough to indicate a buy. I will be shocked if it's the same across all manufacturers/dealers. It will be hard to believe that people won't want to know what they are putting lakhs of rupees on. We Indians even analyse tomatoes that are Rs.10/kilo before we buy them. I haven't bought a new car from showroom so far, both of my cars have been pre-owned ones; and if this payment-first case is same across all manufacturers, then I will much rather stick to the pre-owned market for now.

For some additional cash, I can look out for a Polo GT TSI under warranty. That engine and the DSG was what had started my search which ended in the manual Jetta (for fear of DSG failing on a highway or remote places, while touring). But for city use, I can definitely live with the reliability concerns of DQ200.
ghatotkatch is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 10:26   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Final update on my Tiago booking.
Sad to read about this. I can totally understand the disappointment you would have felt after having committed for Tiago. Even I feel it is a very basic logic of any business transaction to see and check before making payment. The fact that dealer even refused to share the VIN allotted to you makes me wonder his true intentions.

Even we had similar horrible experience during Zest purchase when dealer shamelessly delivered the variant and colour of our choice in front of us to someone else which led to us upgrading to XT since we wanted delivery on same day.

In our family purchases till date, I have been lucky enough to make payment only on the day of delivery but I guess the fact that I come from a small town of Bhilai contributes to that.

Hope you are able to get another car at earliest and wishing you many happy and safe miles ahead!
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 10:33   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Final update on my Tiago booking.....
You have not revealed the name of the dealer. Now that you have cancelled the booking, please reveal the dealer's name as it would be very helpful to others who might be interested in buying a Tiago.

My own experience of buying my Tiago was not as smooth or as pleasant as I was hoping for. But I insisted on seeing the car before making full payment and the SA drove took me to their stock yard outside the city. They didn't give me a single rupee discount so I bought insurance outside and got superior coverage for a good deal less premium.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 29th September 2017 at 10:33. Reason: Correction of typo
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:22   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
You have not revealed the name of the dealer.
It's Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
But I insisted on seeing the car before making full payment and the SA drove took me to their stock yard outside the city.
If this was in Bangalore, it shows the dealer was just plain lying to me! Which dealer did you buy your Tiago from?

Last edited by ghatotkatch : 29th September 2017 at 11:32. Reason: don't seem to have any way to update previous posts.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:51   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me: Oh then in that case, we are at a dead end. The whole premise behind the booking was delivery on Dasara. I will come later for cancelling the booking.
For what its worth, please do raise a complaint with their sales support, and see if that helps. Now that they have a winning product, dealers seem to be back to their old tricks, and they will ruin it even before it has a chance to succeed
Old 29th September 2017, 12:02   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thanked him, we wished each other a Happy Dasara, though ours will be a sombre one now since the occasion is virtually ruined, and I got out of the showroom. I was told I would get the refund credited in my account within a week.
Why don't you mail Tata directly and ask them to intervene? You can cite multiple posts here where customers have done a PDI before proceeding with the payment including for Tata cars. If you like the car, and it is a very good package indeed, then don't let it go only due to one dealer's bad attitude.

Quote:
We Indians even analyse tomatoes that are Rs.10/kilo before we buy them.
On a lighter note, where do you get your tomatoes from? It is selling at 80 Rs/ kg in my city. I wouldn't do a PDI for them if I can find a place selling them at Rs 10/kg.
Old 29th September 2017, 13:13   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
For what its worth, please do raise a complaint with their sales support, and see if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why don't you mail Tata directly and ask them to intervene? You can cite multiple posts here where customers have done a PDI before proceeding with the payment including for Tata cars. If you like the car, and it is a very good package indeed, then don't let it go only due to one dealer's bad attitude.
I have just lost interest now. I had been preparing for Dasara delivery for quite some time now - almost a month since we took the test drive. I was buying it for my wife, and she was looking forward to the occasion as well. I don't think even Tata can give me delivery tomorrow. This was to be her first car, and I can sense how sad this whole saga has left her.

Besides, if this is how they discard prospective customers, I can only imagine my plight once I am at the mercy of their service centres. I would much rather try my luck with VW(going by VW Palace Cross/VW Mysore reviews at least) than break my head over issues like finding water in coolant tank (true story of a colleague's Zest service - heard from horse's mouth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
On a lighter note, where do you get your tomatoes from? It is selling at 80 Rs/ kg in my city. I wouldn't do a PDI for them if I can find a place selling them at Rs 10/kg.
That just shows how much I know about groceries
ghatotkatch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 15:33   #1694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have just lost interest now. I had been preparing for Dasara delivery for quite some time now - almost a month since we took the test drive. I was buying it for my wife, and she was looking forward to the occasion as well. I don't think even Tata can give me delivery tomorrow. This was to be her first car, and I can sense how sad this whole saga has left her.
What a terrible experience!! And at Concorde which is a fully owned subsidiary of TML. I have had disastrous experiences at Concorde Pune as well and stopped visiting them for services.

As for delivery, if you contact Tata Motors customer care, it is very much possible that they'll do everything to get all your issues resolved. Maybe not a delivery tomorrow (still a small possibility) but everything else you want.

However, with such a bitter experience I'd rather you look elsewhere. Better to get a car with which you don't have a sad memory attached. Maybe its providence pushing you towards a DSG .
Old 29th September 2017, 18:48   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
It's Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

If this was in Bangalore, it shows the dealer was just plain lying to me! Which dealer did you buy your Tiago from?
I bought mine from Prerana motors. I went there after I visited Concorde and thought they were just lazy. My mediocre service experience at Concorde also contributed to my decision.

Prerana was more energetic and prompt but ultimately the experience left me less than fully satisfied because of some charges that were added to the bill without my knowledge. The issue was sorted out but I was upset that it happened and that too for a small amount. However, the service experience has been alright. Nothing special but what they were supposed to do, they did correctly.

Reading through the various purchase experiences on TBHP, you will notice that all dealers have mixed reviews, no matter which make they sell. Some are glowing tributes, some are tales of frustration. But most are just average. Easily the best experience I've read about is from the member who bought a Lexus. What an experience! But of course, the Lexus costs an arm, a leg and the kidneys of you, your family and your extended family!

I'm sorry that your experience was so bad and I too would no longer be interested in the Tiago after such an experience. But the Tiago is genuinely a good car and the consistently high sales are proof of the customers' faith in it. If you do reconsider your decision, you could contact the other dealers in Bangalore, even Prerana.

Good luck with whichever car you decide to buy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks