Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 12:01   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First highway run of ~310 kms, plus some in-city driving which includes around 12 kms of B2B traffic, with AC on around 20% of the duration, has yielded these figures on our XZA:
Congrats RavenAvi on your purchase!

I have booked the elder brother in same colour and variant (TIGOR XZA Expresso Brown) a few days back, expecting delivery by next week.

One difference worth noticing between Tiago XZA and Tigor XZA is the fact that Tigor XZA comes with same infotainment system minus rear door tweeters.

Any idea if the Tiago stock rear door tweeters are a good fit for Tigor XZA ? I see that space is provided for the tweeters in Tigor XZA rear doors, but not sure if connections required will be just plug on play or involve cutting of wires (and hence potential warranty issues).
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 18:56   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Some AMT owners have reported a few niggles/issues in the dedicated FB & WhatsApp groups. Let's hope those never crop up on our Auryn.

Yes, I have named our XZA after the all-powerful magic amulet from The NeverEnding Story.
Firstly congrats on the new Tiago. It looks amazing in the coffee brown colour.
I want to ask you if you have felt any jerks while the AMT is changing gears on increase/decrease of speed. I have read about this on this forum from few members who test drove the car. Please if you can comment on that.

Congrats once again!

Regards,
Ayan.
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 10:13   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

Bought her home
Avi, congratulations and wish you happy miles!

I was under the impression that you had booked Nexon. What changed your mind to book Tiago? Please shed some light on this aspect.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 11:31   #1759
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you so much, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
When I asked about the parcel strings, I was told that the same has been removed. Even if you get the strings, the "holder" on the top to attach the strings have been removed. Strange!! How much with TML gain by removing a pair of strings?
Can we say "pound wise, penny foolish"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Plastics on console is ok - even I do that. But I hope you have removed the ribbons on the bonnet. If these are loose, the fluttering can cause deep scratches in paint.
Removed all ribbons yesterday and gave her bonnet a small polish. No scratches or swirl marks, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Can you in paralell, heck the brim-to-brim FE numbers ? Will help both ways - the FE via traditional method, and a comparison with the MID.
Yes, I have entered the fuel refill data in the Fuelio app. It should show an accurate picture once the first fill-up is done with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
My Tiago shows a difference of about 2 km/l in city usage and more than 3 km/l im highway usage between the mid and tank full method. While that's irritating, it didn't really matter to me since I always check every tank full.
Tank full to tank full is the best method to calculate the exact FE figure of any car.

I have found the MID of Maruti & Mahindra to be a bit over-enthusiastic. Honda has a pretty accurate MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any idea if the Tiago stock rear door tweeters are a good fit for Tigor XZA ?
not sure if connections required will be just plug on play or involve cutting of wires (and hence potential warranty issues).
It should be, since the stock tweeter space in the door panels is almost the same in both cars. Wires might be missing, though. You might need to re-route a channel from the speaker wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
I want to ask you if you have felt any jerks while the AMT is changing gears on increase/decrease of speed. I have read about this on this forum from few members who test drove the car. Please if you can comment on that.
Driving an AMT requires the same skill and patience as driving an MT to extract the best out of it - an ultra-light foot on the accelerator and minimal braking.

Since I drive with a feather-light touch on the A-pedal, shifts are not that prominently felt. The first tiny shove from 1st gear to 2nd gear is present, but nothing after that. I don't know if Tata has done any further fine-tuning with this AMT box since launch, but for me it's pretty good. Much better than the Celerio and the WagonR AMTs which I test drove before the XZA.

Mind you - driving with a moderate/heavy foot on the accelerator will make the overall experience jerky. Even the shifts in higher gears will be felt and will be pronounced for all passengers.

It is an Automated MANUAL transmission, after all.

Drive it just like you would drive an MT - light on the A-pedal, fraction-of-a-second release of the A-pedal during a gear shift, and controlling speeds in such a manner that it results in minimal braking. Follow these and the resulting feedback from the AMT is superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I was under the impression that you had booked Nexon. What changed your mind to book Tiago? Please shed some light on this aspect.
OT:

My Nexon booking is on hold, as I have explained in the Nexon thread (and also earlier in this thread). I am waiting for the AMTs to come out, plus the initial delivered batches are being reported for niggles/issues by some owners, so waiting for them to be ironed out as well.

The need for a small AT was felt in the past 2 months - for my 70-plus Dad, who is having some trouble now in shifting the MT in his Swift & carrying a constant pain in his left leg, plus my wife has always insisted on an AT for her in-city running.

This is an independent purchase for the family. The Nexon booking is not related to the acquisition of our Tiago XZA.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th November 2017 at 11:34. Reason: minor edit.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 13:03   #1760
BHPian

Booked a Tiago XZA Berry Red

Guys,

Booked a Tiago XZA Berry Red. On Road Price in Chennai Rs 6,18,095 that includes extended warranty and 2 years of Gold AMC (excluding insurance - I could get a much better quote online). Got a total of Rs 7000 discount - Corporate (Rs 2000 & 5000 normal). Exchanged my 2014 Tata Nano XT for this. Delivery on Dec 2. Will do PDI before registration.

This will be my wife's car - She was using the Nano till now.
Went for AMT as she was having leg pain due to manual also because she loves my other car which is Honda City CVT.

Test drove Celerio and Wagon-R apart from Kwid AMT's. In fact, had booked a Wagon R that I canceled today (Long story -will write about it my ownership thread).

Any suggestions on useful accessories that I need to buy?
chennai-indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:05   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Also we have a Tiago XZ petrol with 8.5k on odo and it has a weird problem with the passenger side window. It usually happens in the below scenarios
  • When we switch off the engine and open the driver side door without taking out the key, the passenger side window rolls down automatically.
  • When we put the key and turn on the ignition, the passenger side window rolls down automatically.
They say the issue is related to BCM module and updated the software two times. Both the times, the issue comes back after a 50kms+ drive.

So they are checking with TATA to replace the BCM module.
Update on this!

They have replaced the BCM module and the problem was still there. So checked the wiring and there was some issue with wiring.
They have resolved the issue and all is fine with Tiago now.
jithudigitised is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:06   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

Congratulations Avi and thanks for the details on PDI
My XZA (Berry Red) is expected by first week of December. How do I know which alphabets relate to which month/year of manufacturer?
For the boot lamp and insulation underhood what additional price you had to pay for the add-on installation?

What other PDI did you carry out. If there is a list it would be helpful rather than trying to search for problems which can be expected on XZA.

Regards
UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 19:54   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They have resolved the issue and all is fine with Tiago now.
Encouraging news, jithudigitised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
My XZA (Berry Red) is expected by first week of December. How do I know which alphabets relate to which month/year of manufacturer?
Thank you, UB_007.

Your salvation is here (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) - 10th VIN character is Manufacturing Year (for 2017, it should be H) and 12th VIN character is Manufacturing Month (in my case, K meant October).

Quote:
For the boot lamp and insulation underhood what additional price you had to pay for the add-on installation?
Both have been ordered from outside, since they were unavailable at dealership. I shall know in the next few days.

Quote:
What other PDI did you carry out. If there is a list it would be helpful rather than trying to search for problems which can be expected on XZA.
Read this thread (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List) and download from here.

Good luck and congratulations in advance!
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 23:35   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Hi, can you please mention the niggles/issues reported by Nexon owners, as I seem to have missed them on TeamBHP. Or is this inference from other sites? I'm really curious to know.

Quote:
the initial delivered batches of Nexon are being reported for niggles/issues by some owners, so waiting for them to be ironed out as well.
Old 29th November 2017, 00:26   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, can you please mention the niggles/issues reported by Nexon owners, as I seem to have missed them on TeamBHP. Or is this inference from other sites? I'm really curious to know.
I have PMed you the message that RavenAvi had send. Please check.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 16:28   #1766
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have PMed you the message that RavenAvi had send. Please check.
A PM defeats the purpose of an open forum. Please share information on the thread itself. A PM helps one person, while a public post helps thousands.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:29   #1767

I have booked a Tiago xz (P) at Concorde dairy circle, had to do the PDI today. I noticed that the front tyres seemed used and missing the 'hairs'(sorry for the noob talk) on it while the rear tyres had it. Checked other cars, waiting for delivery, and they more or less had the 'hairs' on the back and front. The car has 30km on the odd. Do the tyres look like they have done only 30kms?

Showroom has promised to speak to PDI and delivery teams and sort this out, but having jitters.

Now, what should I do? Listen to their 'Sir, it came on road, that is why' and take delivery? Or ask them to change tyres(highly unlikely they do this) ? Or run to Maruti with my tail between my legs?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171201_104039.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171201_103917.jpg  

Old 1st December 2017, 14:29   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill_Boy View Post
Showroom has promised to speak to PDI and delivery teams and sort this out, but having jitters.

Or ask them to change tyres(highly unlikely they do this) ?
Firmly ask them to change the tyres if there is a very visible difference. Take a friend along if you need a second opinion.

Also, You may check for the manufacturing month of all 5 wheels

Source:

All the best for your purchase!
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 21:21   #1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Firmly ask them to change the tyres if there is a very visible difference. Take a friend along if you need a second opinion.

Also, You may check for the manufacturing month of all 5 wheels

Source:

All the best for your purchase!
Spoke to the 'customer satisfaction manager' I the evening. She had a much different tone now compared to this morning. They have refused to change the tires. She gave a legendary reply to my question - Sir you saw the car without polish that is why you feel this, you see it after polish this problem won't be there. How does one even deal this?
Hill_Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 21:35   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill_Boy View Post
How does one even deal this?
Check the manufacturing date on the tyres including the spare. They will have to be the same Also check other cars in the yard. Don't take delivery if you're not satisfied. Run it with the higher-ups or escalate to someone in Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks