Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 11:44   #1786
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
AFAIK it is a straight fit.

I was also looking for the same along with Tigor's Touchscreen HU. But the question is how to get them?

I contacted Tata ASS and customer care and everybody said they can't provide you Tigor's headlamps and HU since you own a Tiago and those can't be billed against your car.

I couldn't find any Tata spare parts dealer like MGP.

If you can get any positive info in this matter please post here.
So, my friend went to TASS and enquired. The headlights are apparently a straight fit, but to get it working as intended is the issue. The Tiago's headlights use an H4 bulb (LB turns off, when HB is turned on), the projectors use a dual bulb configuration. Propably needs some minor wiring work to get the LB & HB to stay "ON" together. Now sourcing the headlight assembly is turning out to be problematic.

HU is not possible according to the people at TASS.

Will get back to you on this.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 14:37   #1787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So, my friend went to TASS and enquired. The headlights are apparently a straight fit, but to get it working as intended is the issue. The Tiago's headlights use an H4 bulb (LB turns off, when HB is turned on), the projectors use a dual bulb configuration. Propably needs some minor wiring work to get the LB & HB to stay "ON" together. Now sourcing the headlight assembly is turning out to be problematic.

HU is not possible according to the people at TASS.

Will get back to you on this.
You can ask the TASS to swap one headlamp from a Tigor to Tiago and see if it works. Won't take more than 15 minutes. If it works then voila!

From my knowledge, if the headlamp assembly connectors are the same then they should work. Because the projector/high/low beam/indicators are all controlled by the internal circuit.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 14:51   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
From my knowledge, if the headlamp assembly connectors are the same then they should work. Because the projector/high/low beam/indicators are all controlled by the internal circuit.
It won't. The bulbs are different so are the connectors.
But getting a conversion wiring harness done will not be tough I think.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 15:51   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It won't. The bulbs are different so are the connectors.
But getting a conversion wiring harness done will not be tough I think.
I am referring to the connector which connects from the wiring harness to the headlamp assembly. If they are same for both the cars then there is fat chance of it working
Old 19th December 2017, 17:21   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am referring to the connector which connects from the wiring harness to the headlamp assembly. If they are same for both the cars then there is fat chance of it working
If the connectors from the wiring harness are the same, the headlight will fit perfectly, but won’t work as intended since the bulb connections are different.

In the Tiago, H4 bulb, the low switches off, when the high beam is turned on and the wiring harness will be wired that way.

In the Tigor’s projector setup, it uses a H11 bulb for low and H1 for high. So when you turn on the high beams the bulb in the projector will turn off which is NOT the way it’s supposed to work. You need both bulbs to be ON when switched to high beam.

Yes, it can be solved with a relay, but if my friend can source the headlight, I don’t mind doing the conversion. Just want to know where to source the headlight and see how the connection is.
Old 19th December 2017, 17:47   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
Are there winds of change in the way TATA deals with customers through their dealership.

He clarified that the under bonnet insulation hood is still part of the car. Spare wheel is steel – not alloy.

Hopefully the new changes would also show at the service level also.
I bought a Tiago XZA from Concorde Chennai 3 weeks back. Under the bonnet insulation is NOT part of the car. It is not there in my Tiago and I was told that Tata has removed that, the boot light as well as strings that attach the boot cover. If they say that it will be there in the car you book, please check the month of manufacture of the car.

I had a very average buying experience at the Concorde though they were quick in delivering the car in a short time.

PS - I also own a Honda City and I find the ride of the Tiago especially over potholes better than the City !!

One thing I noticed was that there was a lot of traffic in the showroom whenever I was there. Another observation I had was that Tata needs to have seperate dealerships for high-end vehicles like Hexa (Must appreciate Maruti for the Nexa ones). Someone buying a 20 Lakh car will expect a better showroom experience than someone buying a 2.5 lakh Nano.

Last edited by chennai-indian : 19th December 2017 at 18:09.
chennai-indian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 22:16   #1792
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review - Problem with Bosch Throttle Assbly

I had a problem recently in which my Tiago XZ (Oct 2016) in which the throttle stopped responding to any physical action. Hence, the car was perpetually in idle mode when running. This was rectified over 3 emergencies in which twice the car was carried on a trailer and once they did a temporary rectification by resetting the software. It took 3 occasions as in the first two they could not identify the offending Throttle Assmbly as the cause of the fault.

Now comes the interesting bit:
1. From the first day of delivery I had a problem of the car stuttering in second gear just after starting the car. This continued for about half a kilometer. I have heard that others have had this problem as well.
2. At low speeds there was jerking which made it difficult to drive.
3. The car felt underpowered especially around 1500 rpm and improved only above 2000 rpm.
4. Oddly the car drove more smoothly and with better power when the fuel tank was full as opposed to it's being empty.

Now with the change in the throttle assembly all these problems have disappeared. Though I suspect that there must have been some Engine Management System software upgrade as well. The car feels more than adequately powered and I am able to overtake with ease. I also feel, to be tested, that the fuel efficiency is better.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has faced any or all of these problems listed above. If you have you may have a way of getting them rectified.
ashokabs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 03:33   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Tata needs to have seperate dealerships for high-end vehicles like Hexa (Must appreciate Maruti for the Nexa ones). Someone buying a 20 Lakh car will expect a better showroom experience than someone buying a 2.5 lakh Nano.
Slightly OT, but I disagree with this argument. Showrooms should not treat a customer based on his ability to cough up the pennies. On the contrary, just imagine how the customer with a merger budget would feel, if he is treated with a gloved hands, surely he would feel like a king.

Everyone agrees that TATA is rolling out fantastic products, what needs to be done is a better dealership experience and great after sales service. However I do agree that if they go NEXA way, it should be for a product differentiating factor.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 09:42   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Slightly OT, but I disagree with this argument. Showrooms should not treat a customer based on his ability to cough up the pennies. On the contrary, just imagine how the customer with a merger budget would feel, if he is treated with a gloved hands, surely he would feel like a king.
However I do agree that if they go NEXA way, it should be for a product differentiating factor.
Why I felt that differentiation is needed is purely because of the experience I had when I was in the showroom. It felt like a cattle market what with children running around and creating a ruckus and salespeople almost shouting at each other etc and I could see that an elder gentleman who had come to check out the Hexa was looking very uncomfortable with the noise and scant attention paid to him. Probably exact reason why Maruti decided to differentiate with Nexa

Also, keep in mind that Tata is planning to introduce 2 new SUV's in +20 lakh range.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:31   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
If the connectors from the wiring harness are the same, the headlight will fit perfectly, but won’t work as intended since the bulb connections are different.

In the Tiago, H4 bulb, the low switches off, when the high beam is turned on and the wiring harness will be wired that way.

In the Tigor’s projector setup, it uses a H11 bulb for low and H1 for high. So when you turn on the high beams the bulb in the projector will turn off which is NOT the way it’s supposed to work. You need both bulbs to be ON when switched to high beam.

Yes, it can be solved with a relay, but if my friend can source the headlight, I don’t mind doing the conversion. Just want to know where to source the headlight and see how the connection is.
Which bulb stays on/off when the headlamp stalk is pushed is controlled by the internal wiring of the headlamp assembly. Hence you cannot conclude until you do a test run .
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 17:41   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Tiago XZA from Concorde Chennai 3 weeks back. Under the bonnet insulation is NOT part of the car. It is not there in my Tiago and I was told that Tata has removed that, the boot light as well as strings that attach the boot cover. If they say that it will be there in the car you book, please check the month of manufacture of the car.

I had a very average buying experience at the Concorde though they were quick in delivering the car in a short time.

PS - I also own a Honda City and I find the ride of the Tiago especially over potholes better than the City !!

Slightly OT, but my Tigor XZA is nearly same age as your car. And it has underbonnet insulation.

But the spare wheel is yes - non Alloy wheel.

A related question -> Does the Tiago XZA come with rear door tweeters ?

For some strange reason, they omitted those on the Tigor
Old 20th December 2017, 18:13   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
the missing "accessories" (read as "deleted features") are expected to arrive as well - under bonnet insulation hood, spare alloy & boot lamp.
My in-laws bought Tiago XZ petrol last week and it is missing these items as well. I was afraid this might happen and my fears came true today. Is Tata providing these back to customer if the issue is raised with dealership?

While missing spare alloy and boot lamp is still somewhat okay, I wonder what would the impact of missing bonnet insulation be on overall NVH levels. Have you been able to observe the difference and if so, is it significant?

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20171220wa0010_1.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20171220wa0011.jpg
ksameer1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 20:59   #1798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Official communique dated 4 and half months back, which says that under-bonnet insulation hood for Tiago petrols has been discontinued
Quote:
A lot of people were complaining about the missing under bonnet insulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
My April 2017 XZ also didn't come with under bonnet insulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
For the boot lamp and insulation underhood what additional price you had to pay for the add-on installation?
Quote:
How much did the under bonnet insulation hood cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Price ?
Quote:
I bought a Tiago XZA from Concorde Chennai 3 weeks back. Under the bonnet insulation is NOT part of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
My in-laws bought Tiago XZ petrol last week and it is missing these items as well. I was afraid this might happen and my fears came true today.
The dealership called me earlier today to inform me that 2 items have arrived - the under-bonnet insulation hood and the 5th (spare) full-sized alloy.

I went over to check the hood in the afternoon, and here is a snapshot of the price tag which contains the part number (as requested by BHPian KALINGA, hence quoting him above) for the benefit of fellow team members who don't have them in their Tiagos:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20171220_153916.jpg

Also, the full sized 14-inch alloy is priced at Rs 6,1xx/- (forgot the exact figure). The parcel-tray strings are not available anywhere, so the dealership will do a jugaad for the same functionof the parcel-tray automatically rising up when the boot lid is opened.

Will be getting them fitted in our Auryn tomorrow.

After that, the only thing left would be the boot lamp and it's wiring harness.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 20:04   #1799
Distinguished - BHPian

So, it turned out to be quite an eventful day today.

After celebrating my little Princess's birthday at her school, I headed towards the Tata Motors dealership to get the under-bonnet insulation hood fixed and to pick up the full-sized 14-inch spare (5th) alloy wheel. The dealership Service team was quite prompt and the hood was fixed in less than 5 minutes.

Before:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_121438.jpg

After:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_123129.jpg

In all, 15 plastic rivets were used:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_123023.jpg

"Fitting" in action:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_122953.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_122946.jpg

What's this sticker doing on top of the ECU module, I wonder:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_123154.jpg

I was in for a pleasant surprise, afterwards.

The service team head asked me if I had received any calls from Tata's regional CRM manager in-between.

Boy, had I or what!

No less than 8 calls from the Regional Head (most of them polite inquiries as to if my problems were resolved, and a couple of requests to take down the pics I posted on Twitter to which I said a firm no), 6 calls from the Area CRM manager asking if the parts I had asked for had been fitted in my car, and at least a dozen calls from the dealership in-between, keeping me in the loop as to exactly when the parts would reach them.

The hood & 5th alloy rim had reached them day before yesterday in the evening, and I had promptly received a call yesterday itself to come and pick them up. I had paid them a visit to confirm if they had really come, and then had taken our Auryn to the dealership in the afternoon earlier today.

The service team head disclosed to me that they had been instructed to provide the under-bonnet insulation hood and the boot lamp FOC to me, and they hadn't received the boot lamp yet. It should reach the dealership in the next 4-5 days, after which they will call me again and get it fitted. If, by any chance, should I be unable to come to the dealership, someone will be sent to my home and they will fit the boot lamp here.

I must admit I was very, very pleasantly surprised. I faintly recollected all the horror stories regarding Tata's shoddy A.S.S. in the past and this incident, frankly put, is completely the opposite. Not only was the issue properly addressed, but Tata Motors put their best foot forward to resolve it as soon as possible. Wonderful gesture - for which they get top marks from me.

The issue of the parcel-tray strings remained, however. The accessories guy clarified that the strings are marked with a separate code but that is not order-able or deliverable. Seems like the only option left for that is a good old-fashioned jugaad, involving thick strings. Some other day, perhaps.

They had also promised me yesterday that they will get an OEM-sized 14" tyre from outside - the same Bridgestone B250 which came with our Auryn - for the 5th alloy rim. But when I asked today, they sheepishly admitted that they had forgotten. I took no note of that because I was already quite happy with the response from Tata Motors and the dealership.

They told me to pick up the alloy rim from the showroom section, where the alloy rim would be billed. It cost Rs 6,300/-, and was immediately dumped in Auryn's boot upon me reaching there. My friendly SA, Shekh, stood there with a smile and with an envelope containing the bill. I handed over the cash to him and drove out.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_152321.jpg

The effect of the insulation hood was immediately evident - the cabin now felt more quieter than before, and upon driving with the windows open, the NVH levels of the engine felt improved. Definitely better than the slight ruckus the 3-pot Revotron used to impart before.

I drove straight to the nearest Bridgestone dealership and asked for a similarly sized 175/65/R14 B250 tyre from them. They quoted a price of Rs 5,000/- for it which seemed reasonable to me so I greenlit the fitting of the tyre on to the 14-inch alloy rim.

Then I negotiated on buyback of the unused OEM spare wheel, a B250 155/80/R13.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171221_152425_bokeh.jpg

The tyre dealer agreed to equalise the price of the newly-purchased 14-inch B250 (Rs 5,000/-) with the unused OEM 13-inch tyre (also a B250) + the steel rim it came with.

End result - I paid nothing and drove off with a full-sized 175/65/R14 alloy wheel as the 5th wheel (spare) in my boot.

So, the only money which came out of my piggy back for this lovely experience today was the 6,300 bucks I paid for the brand new 14-inch OEM alloy.

Thank you, Tata Motors!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st December 2017 at 20:09. Reason: added Twitter link.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:47   #1800
BHPian

Quote:

The effect of the insulation hood was immediately evident - the cabin now felt more quieter than before, and upon driving with the windows open, the NVH levels of the engine felt improved. Definitely better than the slight ruckus the 3-pot Revotron used to impart before.

Since my April 2017 Tiago doesn't have the under-bonnet insulation, I wondered if it really served any purpose. Your experience confirms 2 things:

a) The insulation does work and has a noticeable effect on reducing engine noise.

b) Tata motors had started to cut costs to such an extent that they are removing useful and expected features and reducing the value of the Tiago.

The Tiago has been criticised from day one for having a noisy petrol engine. What does Tata do? Remove noise insulation and make it noisier!

Tata, why are you becoming like Maruti? Penny pinching to cut costs is only damaging the value perception of the Tiago in a slow but steady slide. At this rate, the XZ should be badged XT in about a year.

Now that Avi was given the insulation FOC, I want the same for my car! I will make sure to ask the SA during my next visit to the service centre.
Motard_Blr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks