Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 13:22   #1906
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Hey all, now its almost two years that I using my Tiago. But from last one week I am experiencing some jerks at constant speed that is if I am driving at between 30kmph to 40kmph on 3rd gear revving at 2000 rpm, the car jerks a little bit. But those jerks were not present before.
I have wasted my two days with Tata service center, they did not find any of those so they changed the spark plug and after several time of connecting the car to their diagnosing system they were not able to find anything thus they replied your car is completely fine.
My car has clocked almost 25K kms.
Anyone experiencing the same, kindly let me know.
Did TAS change the fuel filter as well? Did you see any error code pop up on the MID and then gone?
I would also check MAP sensors and Lamda sensor (oxygen sensor) if they are functioning properly. Could be that the oxygen detection is erratic and signal to EMS is not right.

A general question to all. Is the Revotron engine equipped with EGR?

-UB
Old 6th April 2018, 14:54   #1907
BHPian

Folks I have recently booked a Tiago and looking for some references on the engine protection cover and rear fog lamps. Can someone help me a dealer or web page from where I can buy these items. I am in Chennai

I just booked on with Concorde Chennai and they didnt ask for any handling charges etc.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th April 2018 at 18:03. Reason: back to back posts
Old 6th April 2018, 16:48   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Did TAS change the fuel filter as well? Did you see any error code pop up on the MID and then gone?

I would also check MAP sensors and Lamda sensor (oxygen sensor) if they are functioning properly. Could be that the oxygen detection is erratic and signal to EMS is not right.

A general question to all. Is the Revotron engine equipped with EGR?

Fuel filter was already changed. No error showed up neither on MID nor on the laptop

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th April 2018 at 18:03. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 8th April 2018, 15:52   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
My aunt ended up booking a Tiago XZA in Berry Red at Gurudev Tata since he had a 2018 one in stock and we wanted to invoice the car before March 31st to avail the discounts on the car.
Took delivery of my Aunt's car yesterday. Did a thorough check and found everything to be in order.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180408_150242.jpg

JAN 2018
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180408_155632.jpg

The beautiful shifter

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_164615.jpg

Loved the body coloured vents

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180408_153956.jpg

The final deal we got was free insurance with free bumper to bumper add-on, accessories worth ₹2500, corporate discount of ₹3000 and got a ₹2500 discount on the sunroof(more on this below), added 2 year extended warranty and 1 year AMC. The free accessories included mudflaps and floor mats, but since there was another ₹1k left after fitting these two my uncle opted for Chrome door handles. Total OTR was ₹6.36 L which was a very sweet deal.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180408_154011.jpg

After the handing over ceremony I drove the car to the temple (12kms) in peak traffic. The AMT is a boon in traffic, creep feature in Tiago worked well. My only grouse was the time taken while changing between the 1st and 2nd gears is long ~ 3seconds. But after that it is decent. With a really light foot on the throttle the shifts are smooth and happen around 2k rpm but a little firmer foot the shifts happen at 2500rpm but more importantly I found the lag in change between 1st and 2nd gears gone.

I found a thoughtful feature included by Tata in the AMT, when you shift to R it chimes to warn you and also if you are playing music the volume reduces by half to let you focus on the reversing. Unsure if it is present in MT but have not noticed it despite having driven my friend's MT Tiago a lot.

As posted by BHPian RavenAvi I found the boot lamp, string for the tray and the hood insulation missing. The spare was also a R13 steel wheel.

Ugly hole

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180408_154037.jpg

Missing lamp

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_164706.jpg

Also looks like Tata has changed the silver accents on the steering wheel and instrument cluster to piano black. Can someone confirm this? It was piano black in our car and looked better IMHO.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_164559.jpg

The Sunroof:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_234001.jpg

After discussing many times if it was worth it compromising the safety of the car and after taking into due consideration that the car is going to be used only in the city for less than 10kms daily. My uncle decided he wanted it, so we got the Webasto Hollandia 100 pop up sunroof installed. This is a manual sunroof without any electrical connections and can be opened at two different heights. The sunroof can also be removed completely but the glass is super heavy and not worth removing completely everytime, maybe once in a while.

Popped up

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_234109.jpg

The fit and finish done by the dealership staff was very good with no complaints from my side. They apply a good dose of sealant between the sunroof beading and the roof to prevent leaks. I am unsure of the duration of leak warranty, I will recheck and update. The sunroof does not come with a sliding sunshade, but the glass is tinted for protection against UV rays and solar heat.

EDIT: it is a three year warranty against water leaks.

Also to be noted my uncle has 2 kids under the age of 8 and both have been told that it is not meant for standing out of and it is only to look up and gaze out of while sitting in their seat. Added advantage of this sunroof being heavy and my aunt finding it difficult to remove. We were demonstrated on how to remove it thrice and found it cumbersome.

Completely removed, if you look closely you can see the instrument cluster is piano black with chrome rings.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_171236.jpg

View from inside

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180407_164809.jpg

The only bane of installing the sunroof is the removal of the sole cabin light. The dealership staff though fit those long bendy reading lights in the rear so that we have some usable light source into he cabin. We do have the roof lamp and will be trying to fit it during the first service.

The sunroof costed ₹13.5k after a discount of ₹2.5k.

Overall my Aunt and uncle are very pleased with the car.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th April 2018 at 16:20. Reason: Adding information
Shanksta is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 17:46   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Took delivery of my Aunt's car yesterday.
Congratulations on your aunt's new car
Loved the color and accessories. Nice discounts you got there.

Just got a doubt, don't the sunroofs usually open up from the front and are hinged at the back? The one in this car seems to be fitted reverse, with a hinge in front and opening backwards. Am I right or is the angle in the pic not clear to me?

Surprising to see the ommission of Boot Lamp and Rear Parcel Tray String. This being XZA should have had all these I suppose.

After installing the sun roof, can they not install the Roof Lamp in the cabin above the rear seats? I guess they just need to add length to the wiring and cut a section out of the roof liner to install it there.

Do keep us updated on her ownership review. Congrats again...
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 19:27   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

Just got a doubt, don't the sunroofs usually open up from the front and are hinged at the back? The one in this car seems to be fitted reverse, with a hinge in front and opening backwards. Am I right or is the angle in the pic not clear to me?
That mounting method is for powered sliding type of sunroof. This is a manual pop-up. If it was installed the other way, as you mentioned then whenever you drive the car with the sunroof popped up all the air will push against the glass weakening the hinges over a period of time and also there would be too much air flow inside the car.

The way it is mounted now ensures flow of air over the glass without any adverse effects plus very little flow of air into the cabin.

Thank you for the wishes, will keep the ownership experience updated here.
Shanksta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 19:29   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know this, and never thought about it this way. Thanks for the prompt response. ☺️
Old 9th April 2018, 01:36   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all, now its almost two years that I using my Tiago. But from last one week I am experiencing some jerks at constant speed that is if I am driving at between 30kmph to 40kmph on 3rd gear revving at 2000 rpm, the car jerks a little bit. But those jerks were not present before.
I have wasted my two days with Tata service center, they did not find any of those so they changed the spark plug and after several time of connecting the car to their diagnosing system they were not able to find anything thus they replied your car is completely fine.
Your problem might be a result of a faulty distributor cable (one that connects on top of the spark plugs). Don't know how it goes bad, but my Indica petrol has munched through a couple of those in the last 10 years of ownership. One was right in the second year itself. Keep us posted.
Old 9th April 2018, 19:44   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Your problem might be a result of a faulty distributor cable (one that connects on top of the spark plugs). Don't know how it goes bad, but my Indica petrol has munched through a couple of those in the last 10 years of ownership. One was right in the second year itself. Keep us posted.

May be you are talking about coil. At Tata they changed but nothing happened. If possible can you show me the part image or part number.
Old 11th April 2018, 18:51   #1915
BHPian

The AC effectiveness is drastically reduced on my 4.5 months old Tiago.
I assume the gas needs top-up. Will this be covered in gold AMC? or the consumables are covered in AMC only during scheduled service intervals, which means I have to wait for few more weeks?

-UB
Old 11th April 2018, 19:19   #1916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
The AC effectiveness is drastically reduced on my 4.5 months old Tiago. I assume the gas needs top-up.
Unless there is something wrong with the cooling system, like in the case of a (Hexa (Tata Hexa : Official Review), it could just be the effect of rising temperatures and/or blocked A/C filter. Summers put a lot of pressure on the HVAC system and one would need to turn the fan speed to 2-3 whereas 1 would suffice in milder weather.

That said, if there is indeed a leak somewhere, you can insist on TATA addressing the fault at their own cost. At 4.5 months, your Tiago is far too young to burn an unnecessary hole in your pocket for a problem that is not your doing .
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 21:22   #1917
BHPian

Hello Readers, i got my car under free insurance offer. However, i paid 2000 extra for Bumper to bumper. As per the price sheet, the B2B costs 24,000/- approx. Now, when i see the National Insurance certificate, it shows amount of 10,860/-.
When I ask dealer he says - if customer does insurance directly then 24000/- he has to pay. But as tata n NI have tieup so price is less.
Query 1: Is this true ?
Query 2: how do i know I am given a bumper to bumper insurance and not a normal insurance ?

Kindly help me.
Thank you.
Mishrap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 19:01   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
I had a somewhat similar problem and then a major breakdown in which I could not accelerate at all. The car just ran at idling speed. It was a fault in the Throttle Assembly. Any amount of software fiddling did not make any difference. Finally change of the Throttle Assmbly solved the problem. Get them to check the throttle function. Maybe they can exchange it with that of another Tiago and see if the problem gets solved. That's how they finally solved mine.
Old 16th April 2018, 14:04   #1919
Senior - BHPian

We test drove (just for the heck of it), the Kwid AMT and then the Tiago AMT back to back yesterday afternoon. I didn't like the Kwid at all. The poor build quality, fit and finish was apparent all around. The shifts were painfully slow. There was high NVH, on a car that had done only 317 kms! The only good thing about the Kwid is how it looks on the outside and maybe the space on offer.

Now coming from the owner of a 4.5 year old Ecosport AT, the Tiago completely wow-ed us. We drove the XZA variant. It had acceptable build quality, decent refinement, the shifts are smooth (not as quick as in the Ecosport, but very very smooth). the Sport mode is indeed fun and the manual mode immensely practical. Overall nice interiors, features and refinement levels too (for a city commuter use case).
All in all, the Tiago, did not AT ALL feel like a downgrade, from the inside, compared with the Ecosport! This view was also shared by my wife who accompanied me and also drove both cars.
roy_libran is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 11:45   #1920
BHPian

I saw a White Tiago with Yellow registration Board today early morning in Pune?
Don't know if I was day dreaming or I really saw it.. coz it was too early to be awake for me :P

Has anyone seen it too?
If it is true, how do you find it? Asking because nowadays we are seeing Hyundais and Marutis with yellow plates too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks