Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2018, 19:00   #2116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
With AC ON this engine is struggling a lot. It just can not make it's mind on which gear to select on an incline. Sometimes there are chances for it to roll back as well. This is very dangerous for an inexperienced or lady driver as they just can not react on time to prevent an accident from occurring.
This is due to the combination of the 3 cylinder engine with the AMT gearbox.

Quote:
Also the fuel economy is very bad, I'm getting only around 10 Kmpl.
I would say the AMT with the combination of the heavy build quality of the Tiago is reason for this. The Tiago weighs about 1045 kgs - so while it offers extremely good sheet metal quality, the mileage obviously will suffer.

Quote:
Just avoid all AMT gearbox cars. They are all rubbish, they don't provide any convenience whatsoever.
I agree with your point that the AMTs cannot be compared to the finesse of the TC Offered by the Grand i10. I did a lot of research which included the Tiago AMT before buying the Ignis AMT.

The AMT + 4 Cylinder higher powered Engine combinations offer a better experience as compared to the 3 cylinder cars. Not many are complaining about the AMT provided on the Nexon - I am guessing the higher power offsets the shortcomings of the AMT to a great extent...

I am yet to test drive the Santro, but I am guessing it will offer a better AMT experience due to the electronic actuators that Hyundai seems to have used + the 4 cylinder engine.

Overall my recommendation would be the same for people who plan to buy an AMT, please buy an AMT only if it comes with a 4 cylinder engine.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st November 2018 at 19:02.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 17:28   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
No, he said he did something to the creep delay timer. Not accelerator pedal sensor.
I assume the guy just increased the idle rpm of the engine by adjusting the accelerator pedal (If that is possible) which could catch that torque and getting vehicle on the move as soon as u lift your foot off the brakes.
Did u notice any increase in rpm at idle or decrease in fuel economy?

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 08:15   #2118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
I assume the guy just increased the idle rpm of the engine by adjusting the accelerator pedal (If that is possible) which could catch that torque and getting vehicle on the move as soon as u lift your foot off the brakes.
Did u notice any increase in rpm at idle or decrease in fuel economy?

-UB
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

I am yet to test drive the Santro, but I am guessing it will offer a better AMT experience due to the electronic actuators that Hyundai seems to have used + the 4 cylinder engine.

Overall my recommendation would be the same for people who plan to buy an AMT, please buy an AMT only if it comes with a 4 cylinder engine.
I can notice 2 things, the creep function does kick in earlier now, earlier it was late. Also the RPM is now standing just below 1000 RPM even at a stop. I have posted my video review here.

Overall the car is responding fine now and I'm happy. I can predict the throttle response much better now too. There is also wheel spin in 1st gear, which never happened before.

Yes, Santro will be a better option, although I can't really now find any fault with the Tiago except less features and being a 3 cylinder engine. The performance and refinement of the Tiago is still good, no complaints.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 3rd November 2018 at 08:16.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 10:13   #2119

I'm getting few accessories as freebie with my Tiago, confused between Door Visor and Window film(Heat Resistant). Need suggestions on, which one would be a better choice for KOLKATA weather. Thanks :-)
Old 7th November 2018, 08:19   #2120
BHPian

2 months completed with my berry red tiago xza. 2000 kms done.

All sleeper upgrades completed so on the outside it looks stock

Upgrades carried out

- Changed to 185/65 R 14 MRF ZVTV & nitrogen on first day itself from my trusted Tyre shop. Good exchange price for stock ones too. New tyres fill the wheel arches well.

- Luxury carpet floor & dicky mats ( https://elegantautoretail.com/). Expensive but Perfect fit and absolute must for anyone who has OCD tendencies like me

- Skoda/ VW additional wind tone horn with original horn also retained

- Alpine Active sub woofer - sounds great

- HID lamps upgrade ( expensive but a huge huge upgrade over the stock crap)

- Aeroblade wipers ( absolutely needed for Kerala rains)
Old 7th November 2018, 17:21   #2121
Senior - BHPian

The problem has reappeared again. The throttle again feels sluggish and the vehicle is struggling on inclines.

I even got calls from other owners who are facing the same issue and their service centers kept passing off the problem as a normal AMT characteristic until some of them have got into accidents.

I now have to drop my car to the service center and hope they get a permanent fix for it. Will update you guy's.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 19:31   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am planning to buy Tiago XZ petrol this Month. I wanted pre Sept 2018 car so i can get features omitted by tata recently. The sales guy said they have August manufacturered car in stockyard. I said i Will buy that if you give me discount.however after checking the car, i noticed that there are features missing in the car same as like post September 2018 car. So should i go for August manufacturered car with discount? Or ask for a latest month car?
Old 14th November 2018, 21:05   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Guys i am planning to buy Tiago XZ petrol this Month. I wanted pre Sept 2018 car so i can get features omitted by tata recently. The sales guy said they have August manufacturered car in stockyard. I said i Will buy that if you give me discount.however after checking the car, i noticed that there are features missing in the car same as like post September 2018 car. So should i go for August manufacturered car with discount? Or ask for a latest month car?
Did you try the JTP? Why not check that out too? I'm asking because you mentioned the XZ and not the XZA.
Old 14th November 2018, 21:18   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Did you try the JTP? Why not check that out too? I'm asking because you mentioned the XZ and not the XZA.

Actually i am little tight on budget and want some more FE. so JTP is not for me as of now. currently i am getting Rs.5000 cash discount, Rs. 4000 corporate Discount and i asked him to cut Rs.6500 handling charges. I am planning to ask for more discount if i am buying Aug. manufactured car.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 21:18   #2125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I would take the older vehicle if it comes with a discount , done that many times , never a problem as long as you aren't missing anything.
Bargain hard by the way.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 19:25   #2126

My Tiago XZ is of Sep 2018 make. I don't see the Led Temperature and Fuel gauge in Instrument Cluster which used to be there in XZ variants instead the Fuel gauge has been integrated in MID like other variants. Is this another cost reduction change by Tata motors.
AnindyaD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 21:39   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnindyaD View Post
My Tiago XZ is of Sep 2018 make. I don't see the Led Temperature and Fuel gauge in Instrument Cluster which used to be there in XZ variants instead the Fuel gauge has been integrated in MID like other variants. Is this another cost reduction change by Tata motors.

Can you share a picture please.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 07:56   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can notice 2 things, the creep function does kick in earlier now, earlier it was late. Also the RPM is now standing just below 1000 RPM even at a stop. I have posted my video review here.

Overall the car is responding fine now and I'm happy. I can predict the throttle response much better now too. There is also wheel spin in 1st gear, which never happened before.

Yes, Santro will be a better option, although I can't really now find any fault with the Tiago except less features and being a 3 cylinder engine. The performance and refinement of the Tiago is still good, no complaints.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=QNCcjHtsV0o&t=119s
Now that the car feels peppy, let's also know how the fuel efficiency is after the throttle response fix.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:44   #2129

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Can you share a picture please.
No LED TEMPERATURE OR FUEL GAUGE in my Tiago XZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20181202_223231.jpg  

AnindyaD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:00   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnindyaD View Post
No LED TEMPERATURE OR FUEL GAUGE in my Tiago XZ.

I doubt this should be the case. Can you try and see anything in sun or bright light. Atlease fuel gauge should be there, maybe the LED light might be fused or disconnected. Please get this checked with TASS.

EDIT*

Oh sorry I see the fuel guage is in the MID now.. Guess this is how it is, but very strange. Try checking in other Sept make of Tiago to verify if its only you or TATA started using lower model MIDs in XZ.

Last edited by kanu2k15 : 3rd December 2018 at 12:02. Reason: checked the original post again carefully
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed