Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-143.html)

Finally fit the underhood insulation on my Tiago XZA. This was one of the few items that Tata had taken off in June '18. While the diesel Tiago still got it, the petrol variant didn't.

A couple of members mentioned that they felt a noticeable difference in engine noise filtering into the cabin and that was enough for me to get one. I honestly got it for the heck of it, not because I felt any drastic need. :D

I checked with two dealers (Concorde and Balaji) in Pune and both did not stock the insulation. Further, the Tata Spares outlet did not have it, and did not even know such a spare exists. The couple of calls he made (to his distributors perhaps) mentioned Tata does not supply this part.

While browsing Boodmo, I found this part and decided I'd DIY. Cross-checked the part no. with RavenAvi's post earlier and ordered.

Now the tricky part: the insulation hood requires clips to attach it to the hood. Nowhere did it say how many would be required. I had a quick chat with a Boodmo rep but he didn't know either.

So, I decided I'd order the hood and one clip and once I received both, I'd check to confirm the clip is the right fit and also know how many would be required.

These are the two parts:

The hood insulation:
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hood...tion-37467768/

The clips, you need 15 of these:
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-assy...party-6605554/

The only hitch, delivery took a month because most likely these two distributors did not have it in stock either. The order status said the parts were on back order.

For the remaining 14 clips, I thought I'd check with Balaji Motors, Aundh if they had them. And they did, although it cost me 210 for 14 clips as opposed to 10/clip on Boodmo. But I saved almost a month!

Here are the pictures.

Engine bay before
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0791.jpg

Underhood insulation
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0792.jpg

Clips; just a press-fit
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0793.jpg

Engine bay after
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0794.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4505494)
Finally fit the underhood insulation on my Tiago XZA.

Thanks for the update! I am planning same for my mother-in-law's Tiago which also came without the insulation. As expected, the service center does not have stock so boodmo is the way to go. I was not aware of the clips part so thanks a lot for that! By the way, how much of a difference does this make? Is it significant enough to be noticed when seated inside with windows rolled up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4503915)
Now that the car feels peppy, let's also know how the fuel efficiency is after the throttle response fix.

Sir, the issue is not fixed yet. TATA are going to change the fuel Pump and tank next. I haven't got the time to take it to the service center yet, mostly will be leaving the car there tomorrow.

I recently Purchased A Tiago XZ Petrol. However, whenever i connect my phone via bluetooth, the music systems restarts after 2/3 minutes. I showed this to service center and they updated the system software to the Aug 2018 version. It worked fine for 1 day but now again the same problem is occurring. Now planning to raise this issue again at first servicing. Anyone facing a similar issue?

Before the Tiago, I was driving Indica Xeta 1.4 and it was peppy. Yesterday, I took my Tiago first time on Highway. I noticed that the car was struggling to go beyond 80KM for some distance. Later I stopped the car to fill the petrol. After that it crossed 80 with little less efforts than before. Is this normal? Please need some help here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanu2k15 (Post 4505478)
I doubt this should be the case. Can you try and see anything in sun or bright light. Atlease fuel gauge should be there, maybe the LED light might be fused or disconnected. Please get this checked with TASS.

EDIT*

Oh sorry I see the fuel guage is in the MID now.. Guess this is how it is, but very strange. Try checking in other Sept make of Tiago to verify if its only you or TATA started using lower model MIDs in XZ.

Mine is a Aug 2018 manufactured Tiago XZ, and the LED temperature and fuel indicator is missing in my car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4508431)
Now planning to raise this issue again at first servicing.

Why wait until then? Call the service centre and tell them the problem is not fixed. Call and register a complaint with Tata as well so the service centre deals with it urgently.

Quote:

I noticed that the Car was struggling to go beyond 80KM for some distance. Later i stopped the car to fill the petrol. After that it crossed 80 with little less efforts than before. Is this normal?
Absolutely not normal. But first, check the pressure on all tyres; make sure all four have the recommended air pressure.

If you still feel the car struggles to gain speed, take the service advisor for a TD and highlight the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4508612)
Why wait until then? Call the service centre and tell them the problem is not fixed. Call and register a complaint with Tata as well so the service centre deals with it urgently.

Absolutely not normal. But first, check the pressure on all tyres; make sure all four have the recommended air pressure.

If you still feel the car struggles to gain speed, take the service advisor for a TD and highlight the problem.

Yes, i will call service center tomorrow. There is also lag in songs when played through bluetooth. Music system works fine and doesn't restart when connected via AUX.

I will once again go on a long drive and check for a high speed problem. Maybe i am getting this slow pickup feeling because i used to drive Indica petrol and it was a 4 cylinder car.

Tiago XZ+ spotted at the dealership with new vibrant Blue colorclap:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-aad6f6c5c9fb4b53b953ea6172b215b7.jpg

Nice! Bright. Youthful. Close to the blue on the Celerio. Immediate stand out in a sea of cars. Suits the sporty hatch reasonably.

I got my New Tiago XZ at November end. While booking the car in mid November, the sales guy offered me corporate discount of Rs.3000, Cash discount Rs.5000, and i asked him to cut Rs.6500 handling charges. So the car price came down to Rs. 6.19 lakhs from Rs.6.33 Lakhs. After 10 days i went for finance process and i asked sales guy that another dealer is offering me car less than Rs.6.19 Lakhs. And luckily at the same time i received the call from other dealer and i asked the sales guy that i am not going to receive this call however you have to give me better deal. Then the sales guy discussed with his manager and offered me Rs.6.33 lakhs car in Rs.6.11 Lakhs + mudflap, matt and seat covers. He didn't tell me break up of discounts. After asking him he said 15k discount in insurance and Rs.3000 corporate discount. Then i again reminded him the about the 6500 handling charges discount. So he offered to me car at 6.2 lakhs + mudflap and matt. Then told him that you had offered me seat covers as well, what about that? He said, Sir i gave you discount in handling charges so no seat covers now. I politely told him that those charges are not legal hence you are not offering me any discount in it, now as you said before you have to give me seat covers as well. He agreed. While selecting seat covers he asked the accessories department to show me seat covers and they showed me 2 types of seat covers. Rs. 7500 and Rs. 8500 each set. The sales guy asked him to show 'Free of cost' type of seat covers and the accessories department said we dont have such type. So sales guy had to give me seat covers worth of Rs.7500. so overall i am happy with the dealer and the freebies i got. The only issue i am facing that whenever i connect my realme 2 pro phone to music system via Bluetooth then the system restarts after 2 min. This is not happening with any another phone. The service center is working on my issue and they have recorded the video of the same and they will send it to Harman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4513228)
I got my New Tiago XZ at November end. While booking the car in mid November, the sales guy offered me corporate discount of Rs.3000, Cash discount Rs.5000, and i asked him to cut Rs.6500 handling charges. So the car price came down to Rs. 6.19 lakhs from Rs.6.33 Lakhs.

Congratulations Tushky on your new Tiago! Lovely choice of colour too.:)

Just one question; why didn't you wait for the XZ+ which was launched couple of days ago?

Sorry, I got car at 6.02 Lakhs and not at 6.2 Lakhs. Moderators please edit my previous post. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Outsider! (Post 4513257)
Congratulations Tushky on your new Tiago! Lovely choice of colour too.:)

Just one question; why didn't you wait for the XZ+ which was launched couple of days ago?

Thanks a lot :) I had thought of waiting for the XZ + however my Indica xeta GLX started giving me lot of troubles since her engine got screwed by a mechanic in march 2018. It was superbly maintained though. So i wanted new car desperately and i thought that i can live without touch screen infotainment system. Hence went ahead and booked XZ on November 1st. But the good thing is that now i have proper feature rich XZ model and not the downgraded model Tata introduced after XZ + launch. However yes i am going to miss blue color and projector headlamps of XZ+

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4513316)
Thanks a lot :) I had thought of waiting for the XZ + however my Indica xeta GLX started giving me lot of troubles since her engine got screwed by a mechanic in march 2018. It was superbly maintained though. So i wanted new car desperately and i thought that i can live without touch screen infotainment system. Hence went ahead and booked XZ on November 1st. But the good thing is that now i have proper feature rich XZ model and not the downgraded model Tata introduced after XZ + launch. However yes i am going to miss blue color and projector headlamps of XZ+

Congrats on your new car. I own a Sep 2018 XZ model and have the Led Engine Temperature and Fuel gauge meter missing from Instrument panel. Can you plz post a snapshot of your's by turning on the ignition. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnindyaD (Post 4513394)
Congrats on your new car. I own a Sep 2018 XZ model and have the Led Engine Temperature and Fuel gauge meter missing from Instrument panel. Can you plz post a snapshot of your's by turning on the ignition. Thanks.

Yes, in my car both of these things are missing. However since the XZ+ launch, XZ Trim will miss alloy wheels, 2 tweeters and few more features. It is good that we have all of these features clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 4513407)
Yes, in my car both of these things are missing. However since the XZ+ launch, XZ Trim will miss alloy wheels, 2 tweeters and few more features. It is good that we have all of these features clap:

Thanks for your the information. Yes it feels good to have those features which have been removed now from XZ.