Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 14:09   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If the Tata brand is a concern for you, I personally don't see any benefit in buying the NRG as well. Ok, I get the idea that you will spend lesser on a car and thus would at a lesser risk if something goes haywire, but if you are averse to Tata brand, I'd suggest you to avoid the brand altogether.
In my opinion all brands are good but the service is more important than that. Not 100% sure if Ford service is any better than Tata. In addition Ford could be way more expensive in my opinion. I do not want to go back to Maruti for sure ever since they have introduced the heartect platform. These cars seem to be so delicate that I do not want to take unnecessary safety risks. Rather I would prefer to take risk of some money
Coming to Hyundais, I am not a big fan anymore after tried two Santros. The cars are OK, not bad but somehow I am not getting the cool factor in them anymore. With that there is no real car with excellent service support in India.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 14:23   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
The issue I have is the servicing quality.

Any last minute opinions/ideas for me are highly appreciated.
Since you are more concerned about after sales service, I think you should stretch your budget a little and go for Grand i10. It's a time tested successful product from Hyundai, which comes with a reliable after sales service network across India.
gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 22:55   #2178
BHPian

Hi , has anyone felt that the seats on Tiago (XZ) are a bit uncomfortable for long drives (driver and front seat)? What are some ideas to make it more comfortable?
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:57   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Hi , has anyone felt that the seats on Tiago (XZ) are a bit uncomfortable for long drives (driver and front seat)? What are some ideas to make it more comfortable?
I agree with that. Back starts to hurt a bit after couple of hours of continuous driving and under thigh support should have been better. Contemplating adding Art leather seat covers to improve cushioning. Though 99% drive is in NCR region so this hasn't been a big issue. Let's see.

Also, as I drive Honda City too which has great bucket seats I might be feeling Tiago seats aren't to that level. Do let us know if you come across any great solution for this.
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:47   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I agree with that. Back starts to hurt a bit after couple of hours of continuous driving and under thigh support should have been better. Contemplating adding Art leather seat covers to improve cushioning. Though 99% drive is in NCR region so this hasn't been a big issue. Let's see.

Also, as I drive Honda City too which has great bucket seats I might be feeling Tiago seats aren't to that level. Do let us know if you come across any great solution for this.
I too used to get back aches after long drives. After some experimenting, I realised that the problem was the height adjustment of the seat. When the seat height is adjusted only the back of the seat directly under the buttocks. So when I lowered the seat only my buttocks would lower and this gave me a bad posture and led to a back ache. Once I figured out the problem, I adjusted the seat higher. The position is higher than I prefer but I no longer get a back ache.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:51   #2181
BANNED

Upcoming Tata Tiago may look like the rendered image below.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-6f0039f340794e5485e572607e8e674f.jpeg

Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 13:40   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Could somebody recommend a shop to buy tyre steel rim (not alloy) in Bangalore please? I have almost finalized on Tiago NRG and now checking on availability of spare tyre with identical size and looks as that of other tyres. Tata sales are asking to check at service station since it is not available as accessory. If not available with exact looks as other tyres I will buy a rim of exact size as other tyres and buy a proper sized tyre as well. In this case buying outside may cost much lesser than at service station.
Old 5th March 2019, 07:53   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I purchased spare alloy from TATA for 7,000 Rupees and got a new 175/65R14 MRF ZVTV A1 tyre (Same as other 4) for 3,800 Rupees. The 155/80R13 spare tyre given in exchange fetched me 2,000 Rupees. The 14 inch alloy + tyre will fit perfectly in the boot. Only con is that you cannot use the wheel retainer bolt/screw whatever that is screwed to hold the spare wheel into place in the boot. The loop type bolt/screw will scratch the alloy surface.
Please let me know where you bought that spare wheel in Bangalore? I need to get one for NRG this month.
Old 5th March 2019, 09:25   #2184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could somebody recommend a shop to buy tyre steel rim (not alloy) in Bangalore please? I have almost finalized on Tiago NRG and now checking on availability of spare tyre with identical size and looks as that of other tyres. Tata sales are asking to check at service station since it is not available as accessory. If not available with exact looks as other tyres I will buy a rim of exact size as other tyres and buy a proper sized tyre as well. In this case buying outside may cost much lesser than at service station.
Quote:
Please let me know where you bought that spare wheel in Bangalore? I need to get one for NRG this month.
You should order one from service center if it is not available as a accessory from the dealership. Alloy wheel is available as accessory. NRG has stamped steel wheel . Place an order in the service center for the same. They will be able to procure it in a week or so
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 14:25   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You should order one from service center if it is not available as a accessory from the dealership. Alloy wheel is available as accessory. NRG has stamped steel wheel . Place an order in the service center for the same. They will be able to procure it in a week or so
Which service center did you order it from?
Old 5th March 2019, 14:53   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which service center did you order it from?
Like i said alloy is available as accessory and hence i got it from the dealership itself at the time of delivery of the car.
You can order the NRG wheel from any Tata service center.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 20:49   #2187
Senior - BHPian

How do I make sure the vehicle I am buying is a 2019 manufactured one? How do I decode Tata's VIN number? Is there a simple way for that?
Old 7th March 2019, 23:39   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do I make sure the vehicle I am buying is a 2019 manufactured one? How do I decode Tata's VIN number? Is there a simple way for that?

Check this thread out

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
badboyscad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 09:41   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago in Black Shade.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fb_img_1552190877076.jpg

Looks very good. I think Tata should think of introducing this shade in Facelift. No matter how small the numbers may be.

Note - This is an aftermarket painting.

Last edited by SDP : 10th March 2019 at 10:11. Reason: Typo
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 17:26   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata Tiago in Black Shade.

Attachment 1857553

Looks very good. I think Tata should think of introducing this shade in Facelift. No matter how small the numbers may be.

Note - This is an aftermarket painting.
Just imagine how good a Black Tiago JTP will be! TATA please make it happen
arif_t01 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks