Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 00:54   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
One more problem I am facing is to do with high beam lighting. As soon as I shift to high beam, it becomes completely dark. It seems the high beam light is focused too high. Have others faced this issue or is it an isolated issue with my Tiago?
This is the situation in all Tiago's. One way to overcome is to adjust the headlamp leveler to lowest setting (2 or 3) and then switch on high beams (I know that's a pain ), which will illuminate closer to the vehicle and gives better visibility .

Or other option is to change the headlight assembly to projectors (Tigor Headlamps), which I have done.
Old 17th April 2019, 00:59   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This is the situation in all Tiago's. One way to overcome is to adjust the headlamp leveler to lowest setting (2 or 3) and then switch on high beams (I know that's a pain ), which will illuminate closer to the vehicle and gives better visibility .

Or other option is to change the headlight assembly to projectors (Tigor Headlamps), which I have done.
Thanks fusionbang, would it be possible for you to share more details on how you went about changing the headlight assembly to projectors.?
Old 17th April 2019, 01:06   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks fusionbang, would it be possible for you to share more details on how you went about changing the headlight assembly to projectors.?
You can refer to the below thread, where one of my friend has done it by himself on his Orange Tiago and I got it done from the service center on my Blue Tiago.

This thread has more details:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ata-tiago.html (Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!)
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 11:29   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
The link from the audio system to the car is the BCU. Since the replacement unit also didn't work and assuming that that was ok, the BCU might be the culprit. Ask the service engineer to run a diagnostic check on that.
So finally we got the car back. Apparently they have corrected some wiring issue (which I’m very suspicious about) and it worked. They have put back the same headunit.

But now after we recieved the car,
- the airbag light stays ON
- the AC does not work (AC button doesn’t light up either).

They didn’t even check the car before they dropped it home.

This is getting really annoying.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-56c04bf97e6e4200b59844aeedc8ff1e.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-2f1e93c338d94f2f98734b395f437937.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-9334465577614fa7bc84a11968194e25.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 12:57   #2225
Team-BHP Support

From the symptoms, it does appear like it's either a control module issue (like BHP-ian Motard_Blr says), or something wrong with your wiring harness that A.S.S. is trying to fix by jugaad (potentially messing up other things as a result). Better get a diagnostic check done in your presence before anything else is tried.
Old 19th April 2019, 13:06   #2226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will give the manual mode a try. However, just wondering if there is a software fix for this lugging problem, or is it the inherent nature of AMT which causes this.

One more problem I am facing is to do with high beam lighting. As soon as I shift to high beam, it becomes completely dark. It seems the high beam light is focused too high. Have others faced this issue or is it an isolated issue with my Tiago?
Switch to sports mode before you are start climbing. It will ensure that the transmission holds the gear till high revvs before shifting up. Later , you can put back to City mode
Old 19th April 2019, 16:28   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, Tigor XZA owner here, anyone facing burning smell issue on your petrol powered Tiago? Has anyone every got any resolution for it? Mine is 10 months old with 12K km on the ODO and the issue still persists.

Have seen few post about this even in Nexon petrol, which shares the same engine, except the addition of turbos.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 19th April 2019, 18:31   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So finally we got the car back. Apparently they have corrected some wiring issue (which I’m very suspicious about) and it worked. They have put back the same headunit.

But now after we recieved the car,
- the airbag light stays ON
- the AC does not work (AC button doesn’t light up either).

They didn’t even check the car before they dropped it home.

This is getting really annoying.

Attachment 1869775

Attachment 1869776

Attachment 1869777
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I think it's time to raise a complaint with Tata motors corporate and make a big fuss about the poor service. May we know the name of the dealer/service centre?
Old 22nd April 2019, 08:40   #2229
BHPian

Just saw this news item about tiago! looks like people are waking up to safety issues in cars.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-tiagos-s...s-lives-again/

Way to go TATA.
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:37   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will give the manual mode a try. However, just wondering if there is a software fix for this lugging problem, or is it the inherent nature of AMT which causes this.

I am facing the same issue. If you set Low beam position on the shortest distance and then switch to high beam then the throw of a light starts from close to the bonnet. Hence good illumination next to the bonnet area. However this setting gives satisfactory High Beam illumination, however extremely short distance light throw for a low beam making it insufficient low beam light throw.

And when you set throw of a light to the longer distance on low beam and then switch to high beam then, the area next to the bonnet turns out completely dark.
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:04   #2231
BHPian

Mine has just completed 3 years and my 3 year service bill came to 10.2 k
They changed the oil, oil filter, coolant and brake fluid for about 5k parts and the remaining for labor. It is way higher than other comparable cars. Apparently service costs in Tata have gone up drastically.
Old 26th April 2019, 12:00   #2232
BHPian

I've an issue with boot unlock of my Tiago. Mine is 4+ months old, and since the start, I've been having issues with boot unlock using boot lever. No issues with unlock using key.
1) Sometimes, it used to unlock properly in the 1st try itself
2) Sometimes, it used to unlock halfway in the 1st try. i.e By pulling the boot a little harder, I was able to open the boot
3) Sometimes, it didn't unlock in the 1st try, but, did unlock in the 2nd or 3rd try

Based on the above, I feel, it could be a manufacturing defect, or installation issue.

Since a week or so, I realized that it gave up completely. No matter how many times I try, it didn't unlock at all. And, every time, I had to use the key to unlock, which was frustrating.

I got tired of this, and I started diagnosing it since yesterday.

Alike a lot of software engineers (reviewing the whole code, when the actual issue is with the DB), I opened the top part of the boot (using a 10mm wrench), tried to check the functionality (how the unlocking using boot lever works), and compared it with the key unlocking system.

After all the above steps, I came to a conclusion that there is nothing wrong with the internal mechanism, but, the issue is with the actual bottom lever (pic1) not pushing the top lever (pic2) properly (when we press the boot lever beside driver seat).

So, after some trial and errors, I did this temporary Jugaad (wrapping thread around the lever, as in pic2).

I just want to know if anyone has faced or facing similar problem with their Tiago.
Also, can anyone of you post the pics of their top and bottom levers in their boot (with boot unlock working from driver side lever)?
This will greatly help me in finalizing the root cause of my boot unlock issue.

PFB the functionality, in case anyone want to know how the boot unlock works using key and driver side lever (in Tiago). Not sure if this is different or same, for other pure mechanical boot unlock cars.
1) Using key, refer to pic3.
The long lever highlighted in oval will activate the lever in circle, and push it in the direction of the arrow, thereby unlocking the boot.
2) Using driver side lever, refer to pic1 and pic2.
The driver side lever activates the lever in pic1, and pushes it in the direction of the arrow. This in turn pushes the lever in pic2 in the direction of the arrow, thereby unlocking the boot.

Finally, sorry for the lengthy post.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-boottop.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-bootbottom.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-boottopinside.jpg  

rajendra2278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 16:48   #2233
BHPian

Simple DIY,
Tiago AC filter cleaning
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190427_160637432.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190427_161600295.jpg  

Old 27th April 2019, 17:55   #2234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Simple DIY,
Tiago AC filter cleaning
This would be beneficial if you could list the procedure to take the a/c filter out, with pictures preferably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra2278 View Post
I've an issue with boot unlock of my Tiago.
My June '18 Tiago has an issue with the fuel lid; it doesn't come out at times. Got me stuck at a petrol pump a couple of times so I called A.S.S. for a home visit. The damn thing opened when they came. A week later, it didn't open at a pump again. I've taken a video but not had the time/inclination to get it rectified. When the lid doesn't open on pulling the lever, I can get it to open by wedging a key in the lid and pulling it. Potential damage to paint, yes.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 18:26   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My June '18 Tiago has an issue with the fuel lid; it doesn't come out at times.
I think the issue you mentioned is faced by lot of other Tiago owners as well (not me though). The issue seems to be with some spring inside the fuel cap (that is supposed to push it). And, I believe it'll be solved by spraying some WD40 on it. I have read that some of them had their issue solved this way. You can try it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks