Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 10:53   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Got the Chassis number for booked Tiago NRG today and after decoding found it to be February 2019 car (Booked in April). I am about to have a look at the car tomorrow for PDI before registration. I have made the payment and went for B2B insurance plus extended warranty. I did not go for gold AMC.
Got a chance to have a look at the booked Tiago. In the "Tiago" batch on the hatch letters "T" and "i" were missing . And vehicle was dirty and some superficial scratches were on it. After asking the reason the answer I got is "they will buff and fix before delivery". Is that good enough to get convinced?

The paid accessories I am going for are seat covers (~9K with good perforation). Dealer has promised to provide an extra 12V socket free of cost near the handbrake for rear passengers. Will go for under chassis coating with 3M soon. For steering cover I may visit a shop "Trend" in HSR layout where they do a very neat job.

Mats, mud flaps, idol, air freshener etc. are included at no extra cost.

Any other required accessories you guys can recommend?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 15th May 2019 at 10:56.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:18   #2267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got a chance to have a look at the booked Tiago. In the "Tiago" batch on the hatch letters "T" and "i" were missing . And vehicle was dirty and some superficial scratches were on it. After asking the reason the answer I got is "they will buff and fix before delivery". Is that good enough to get convinced?
If there is another one in their yard in better shape , you may as well change the car now. Yes dealers do make some corrections as part of their PDI before delivery but you as a customer can change the vehicle if it is not yet registered.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 11:27   #2268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The paid accessories I am going for are seat covers (~9K with good perforation). Dealer has promised to provide an extra 12V socket free of cost near the handbrake for rear passengers. Will go for under chassis coating with 3M soon. For steering cover I may visit a shop "Trend" in HSR layout where they do a very neat job.

Mats, mud flaps, idol, air freshener etc. are included at no extra cost.

Any other required accessories you guys can recommend?
I had checked with Trend recently for the steering wheel leather cover of my Honda Jazz as the OEM ones were wearing out and they wanted to remove the steering wheel to get it done. I wasnt comfortable with that and checked with fellow Team BHPians who confirmed that places like Imperial (where I had gone for my Fiat Punto several years ago, top quality workmanship) do the steering wheel cover without removing it. So I dropped the plan and will head to Imperial when I have some time.

For the seats, you can probably get better quality ones from Imperial / Trend / any of the other trusted places for a lesser price. That said, it would be easier to get them all done from one place.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:31   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If there is another one in their yard in better shape , you may as well change the car now. Yes dealers do make some corrections as part of their PDI before delivery but you as a customer can change the vehicle if it is not yet registered.
Nope, mine is Tiago NRG and it is not something sold high in numbers. I booked an orange one and could not spot any other there, not even a normal orange Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
For the seats, you can probably get better quality ones from Imperial / Trend / any of the other trusted places for a lesser price. That said, it would be easier to get them all done from one place.
I do not think the material used at Trend for my Santro seats was good. Workmanship was really great but after spending 7K for the same, the material was such that body used to sweat on these seats even with AC on. The perforation aspect was too bad with material they used. Next better quality of seat leather was doubling the cost.
Secondly they will tear open the original seats for getting the metal wire used to give you the bucket feel. I am against any of such things. My Santro was old and I was ok with that. I just need covers that will cover the seats.

Please let me know where this Imperial is located.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2019 at 12:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:46   #2270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think the material used at Trend for my Santro seats was good. Workmanship was really great but after spending 7K for the same, the material was such that body used to sweat on these seats even with AC on. The perforation aspect was too bad with material they used. Next better quality of seat leather was doubling the cost.
Secondly they will tear open the original seats for getting the metal wire used to give you the bucket feel. I am against any of such things. My Santro was old and I was ok with that. I just need covers that will cover the seats.

Please let me know where this Imperial is located.
You can get all the details of Imperial here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))

I have posted pictures of the interiors of my Fiat Punto in the thread. My friend also got his Honda Brio done there, the pictures are in a separate post. The seats on the Punto are still holding up great even after all these years. Other TBHPian friends have also got their car interiors done by Imperial and are very happy.

That said, for the price range, whether it is from the car showroom or Trend or Imperial, you will get art leather which is inherently sweaty in nature.
Old 17th May 2019, 19:38   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my Tiago NRG delivered today. Car is cool. BUT the delivery experience with KHT Motors Domlur was most horrific. I had to deal with a new person on every visit and as usual the common excuse was "Sir, I don't know what the previous person has committed to you but I cannot do this". Since I had paid the money I had no choice to go ahead with them. But it was horrible. They could not even close the loop by delivering the car via the first sales person I spoke there

Will post pics soon.

Thanks for the information provided by you all BHPians. Car is simply great. (Still remember: "Tata cars are to be bought but not to be sold " )
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:46   #2272
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a fuel efficiency of around 10KMPL in Bangalore for last 5 days of ownership. Is that expected from a brand new Tiago? I think I am too jumpy but curious too. Car has completed 200KMs as of now and my daily run is about 10KMs. Drove some distance over last weekend after getting the delivery.
Old 22nd May 2019, 22:22   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting a fuel efficiency of around 10KMPL in Bangalore for last 5 days of ownership. Is that expected from a brand new Tiago? I think I am too jumpy but curious too. Car has completed 200KMs as of now and my daily run is about 10KMs. Drove some distance over last weekend after getting the delivery.
How can you expect great fuel economy while driving in Bangalore? Next time, reset the MID figure and try to take open road long drive maintaining optimal speed range (70-80Km/hr).

Indeed, 10 Km/L (actually ~7 Km/L if you are looking at MID figure) is way too low for a hatchback, but then you are driving in heavy traffic of Bangalore too.

Many factors contribute to good fuel economy, we all know what I am talking about, If at all you're looking at fuel economy then be patient and try to follow them.
Old 23rd May 2019, 08:20   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
How can you expect great fuel economy while driving in Bangalore? Next time, reset the MID figure and try to take open road long drive maintaining optimal speed range (70-80Km/hr).

Indeed, 10 Km/L (actually ~7 Km/L if you are looking at MID figure) is way too low for a hatchback, but then you are driving in heavy traffic of Bangalore too.

Many factors contribute to good fuel economy, we all know what I am talking about, If at all you're looking at fuel economy then be patient and try to follow them.
Agree. This traffic is absolutely B2B and one cannot exceed speeds of 20KMPH. Yeah, I tried to reset the MID and started afresh and got back 10.4KMPL for just 4KMs of drive. I think this is OK considering the speed and distance driven. I need a bigger sample of 40-50KMs on relatively empty roads. May be a weekend task
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:49   #2275
BHPian

In my experience with my Tiago, I have found the instantaneous fuel consumption in the MID to be exaggerated by about 2 km/l. But the distance to empty (range) is quite accurate if I multiply the average fuel consumption in tank full to tank full basis by the tank capacity (35 litre).

I have been tracking my Tiago's fuel consumption from day 1 using the Fuellio app and always fill to full tank. I have to admit that I'm disappointed that the average mileage in Bangalore city traffic is only about 10 to 10.5 km/l. The only consolation is that other cars of a similar size in similar conditions are not a great deal better.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 13:50   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Could somebody recommend good floor mats for Tiago please? I could get good armrest from carhatke.com. The OEM mats provided are just Okeish. I am looking for water resistant mats if available.
Also has anyone done under chassis coating in Bangalore? I need a good shop to get it done before the rains. The estimate given by Tata service is Rs. 3660/-. It sounds reasonable but I doubt their workmanship. How are the 3M shops for such tasks?
I saw one very cool seat cover for Tiago at Tata accessories for 9K. It seems a bit expensive but quality seems very good. Do not want to go for art leather as mentioed in earliers posts since they are sweaty.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 22:52   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Hyderabad, when new, my Tiago was giving a millage (MID readout) of 10 - 10.5. This continued for several months. After first servicing, millage improved to around 12-13. After 1 and half years of driving (mainly city usage - home to office), millage is around 14-14.5. On ORR millage goes up to 17-18.

Btw, congrats on the Tiago. It is a very good car. This is in fact my 3rd Tata vehicle - Indica, Nano, and now Tiago.

Last edited by DriverR : 26th May 2019 at 22:56.
DriverR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 19:02   #2278
BHPian

My uncle has an 8 months old Tiago amt. Though the car has been performing flawlessly there is one quality issue to be reported. The black paint on the panel around HVAC controls has started to peel off for in the form of powder. It's a major putoff. It's a sign of poor quality control and Tata should make corrections asap.
Also can all of you suggest what needs to be done or what can be done to rectify this issue and restore it to it's original form.

Please refer to this pic below for reference.
Thanking all of you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190530_185032.jpg  

Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 19:16   #2279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
My uncle has an 8 months old Tiago amt. Though the car has been performing flawlessly there is one quality issue to be reported. The black paint on the panel around HVAC controls has started to peel off for in the form of powder. It's a major putoff. It's a sign of poor quality control and Tata should make corrections asap.
Also can all of you suggest what needs to be done or what can be done to rectify this issue and restore it to it's original form.
That surely does't look like an 8 month old HVAC panel!

Ask TATA to replace it under warranty ASAP. There should be no reason for the paint to peel of from a part like this in 8 months. Did your uncle clean it using some chemical or hard water? Could be the reason for the paint peel.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 21:15   #2280
BHPian

Completing 3 years of my Tiago XZ D on 22nd of June.

35555 KMS till date.

I prefer sedate driving and these are few pictures from MID. Actual (tank full to tank full) fuel economy is 3 to 4 km/l less than the MID figures.

Will be going for its 6th service very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tmpcam162740385.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tmpcam2006766016.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tmpcam1712083814.jpg  

gjnnbagal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks