Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 09:40   #2281
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
That surely does't look like an 8 month old HVAC panel.
Hi thanks for the advice. Nope he didn't apply any chemical or cleansing agent there. It just started peeling off on it's own !
Old 31st May 2019, 11:08   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Here in Hyderabad, when new, my Tiago was giving a millage (MID readout) of 10 - 10.5. This continued for several months. After first servicing, millage improved to around 12-13. After 1 and half years of driving (mainly city usage - home to office), millage is around 14-14.5. On ORR millage goes up to 17-18.

Btw, congrats on the Tiago. It is a very good car. This is in fact my 3rd Tata vehicle - Indica, Nano, and now Tiago.
Now after 10+ days of ownership I am seeing the mileage has increased to 14KMPL (MID) on average within Bangalore. I feel that is a good improvement. I am crossing a figure of 15 too on relatively empty roads here. Looks like it will take a month's time to settle down to claimed mileage figures. Surely none of the first two services (no oil change) will change anything. It is the engine that needs its own time to get seasoned.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 11:18   #2283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Now after 10+ days of ownership I am seeing the mileage has increased to 14KMPL (MID) on average within Bangalore....
The MID on the Tiago can be very optimistic, so do verify the numbers by tankful method.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:16   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Hi thanks for the advice. Nope he didn't apply any chemical or cleansing agent there. It just started peeling off on it's own !
Now that brings a question for me in Tiago NRG which has all black interiors. I assume there is no white element underneath the black plastics used here. Did any NRG owner see similar issue?
I think the issue seen in this post is due to bad black lamination on original white/beige plastic interiors.
Old 6th June 2019, 12:55   #2285
Senior - BHPian

The latest video from Tata shows the crash testing of Tiago.
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 19:33   #2286
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard that Dual Air-bags, ABS with Corner Stability Control and Rear Parking Sensors - are now standard on Tiago.

(Note: Dont have a news link to share on this )
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 08:58   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Car is cool. BUT the delivery experience with KHT Motors Domlur was most horrific. I had to deal with a new person on every visit and as usual the common excuse was "Sir, I don't know what the previous person has committed to you but I cannot do this". Since I had paid the money I had no choice to go ahead with them. But it was horrible. They could not even close the loop by delivering the car via the first sales person I spoke there
While I agree that they should have followed up w.r.to the initial offer, I think you should have stuck to the initial offer - at least by involving the sales manager. If you had filled the booking form against a quote, they have no right to stay away from it and you have no obligation to say yes to the new quote. Can you please elaborate on this further? I can get it to the manager's attention. He is a nice person.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:44   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
While I agree that they should have followed up w.r.to the initial offer, I think you should have stuck to the initial offer - at least by involving the sales manager. If you had filled the booking form against a quote, they have no right to stay away from it and you have no obligation to say yes to the new quote. Can you please elaborate on this further? I can get it to the manager's attention. He is a nice person.
I have given up on them now. After almost a month also they are not able to get the extended warranty papers. Again a constant excuse "We have not yet received from Tata". Thanks for your help but I had spoken to the manager once in my entire messy process. Just leave it. Once I am done with them I will just forget them. Simple as that and will never recommend this dealer to my friends who are looking for Tata cars. Negligence and do not care is the only policy here. No follow ups from their end and most funny part is I am still getting calls from their marketing department asking when I am booking my Tiago . Now you can imagine the height of negligence in updating their own database.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:56   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
I have given up on them now. After almost a month also they are not able to get the extended warranty papers. Again a constant excuse "We have not yet received from Tata".
That feels strange. May be that the Domlur outlet is not doing well. I have taken around 3-4 vehicles from their Brookfield outlet - the EW paper was handed over during the delivery itself. The TMSC app is updated right from the beginning itself - do you have it updated in the app? I try to keep good relations with the dealer usually and it helps my friends who look out for buying new cars. Feel free to message me if you would like to ring them for any help.
Old 9th June 2019, 19:12   #2290
BHPian

I am experiencing low fuel efficiency on my petrol Tiago XZ. The car returned only 13.5 KMPL overall FE between Bangalore - Mysore highway and some city riding. I had ac 100% on all the way. The car has clocked 19,000 KM on the ODO and recently got wheel rotation and balancing done. Can any Tiago petrol owners confirm the FE. I got this from tankful method. The MID reading showed 18.5 KMPL :-(

Last edited by girimajiananth : 9th June 2019 at 19:14.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:26   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I am experiencing low fuel efficiency on my petrol Tiago XZ. The car returned only 13.5 KMPL overall FE between Bangalore - Mysore highway and some city riding. I had ac 100% on all the way. The car has clocked 19,000 KM on the ODO and recently got wheel rotation and balancing done. Can any Tiago petrol owners confirm the FE. I got this from tankful method. The MID reading showed 18.5 KMPL :-(
That seems a bit on lower side. Coincidentally I checked mileage of my Tiago NRG petrol today (first tankful reading since delivery on May 17th) and found to be 11.6KMPL purely in Bangalore city and with 70% of AC usage. The MID showed the final mileage as 13.6KMPL before filling up again indicating there is a nasty error of 2KMPL. I assume this error is not exponential with high speed readings else it will make no sense to even look at the MID.
At this point my Tiago has not gone through any service and waiting for 1000KMs mark. I am yet to drive some long distance to get a feel of ARAI claimed mileage
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 15:36   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I own a XZA variant with 10k on ODO and recently did Udupi-Goa-udupi, clocking close to 750kms round trip with highway + city driving.
Starting early in the morning when driving conditions were pleasant and less than 50% AC, the car returned 19.5kmpl (Not much traffic and less braking). Upon return in the afternoon with slightly higher traffic and sun, 100% AC the car returned 14.0kmpl. Of course a lot of braking as well due to traffic.

Additionally, for my local commute, I have observed during my shorter trips of 60kms on highways with 100% AC car struggles to give a mileage over 15kmpl but with no AC (only fan with windows closed) it easily gives 19kmpl to 20kmpl sometime. Both conditions at driving speed of max 80kmph + highway traffic.

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 15:43   #2293
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for good car mats for Tiago. Are there any good ones online or locally at accessories shops? Preferably I need 3D/4D for dust capture and any liquids spilling inside the car.
Old 12th June 2019, 17:18   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
I own a XZA variant with 10k on ODO and recently did Udupi-Goa-udupi, than 50% AC, the car returned 19.5kmpl (Not much traffic and less braking). Upon return in the afternoon with slightly higher traffic and sun, 100% AC the car returned 14.0kmpl. Of course a lot of braking as well due to traffic.

-UB
Thanks UB, I usually leave Bangalore around 7:30 PM on friday night when traffic is relatively less, AC is used intermittently since it gets cold. I remember from my earlier Mysore trips, half a tank used to be sufficient for journey both ways. This time petrol consumption was higher than usual. I need to re evaluate the fuel efficiency again.
Old 18th June 2019, 21:02   #2295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That seems a bit on lower side. Coincidentally I checked mileage of my Tiago NRG petrol today (first tankful reading since delivery on May 17th) and found to be 11.6KMPL purely in Bangalore city and with 70% of AC usage. The MID showed the final mileage as 13.6KMPL before filling up again indicating there is a nasty error of 2KMPL. I assume this error is not exponential with high speed readings else it will make no sense to even look at the MID.
Today it was my third full tank and the FE I got was 11.4kmpl wherein MID displayed 13.5kmpl. So no major change in the readings. Operating conditions were identical. Odo shows 880kms and first service is just at the doors. Got a reminder from Tata motors today.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed