Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2019, 19:14   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Big bucks saved. For the broken mirror TASS replaced only the glass portion and charged only Rs. 658/- vs 4.3K for whole assembly. The entire mirror assembly was good including the motors even after the impact. Good to see the quick response time. It took hardly 10 min to get the job done.
I am planning to go for NRG kit which includes excellent seat covers and black borders around front and rear lights. It also includes black border on lower edge of hatch door. In short the chrome plates on normal Tiago will be replaced with black ones here. They asked for Rs. 10K for this whole kit after discount of 1.5K. I need breathing seat covers and not sweating ones to protect seats from liquid and chocolate spills from my kid
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 13:13   #2342
Senior - BHPian

On Independence Day our Tiago D failed to start. Got it started by pushing and when we got it home it started fine. But, next day I noticed self is taking longer than usual. So, yesterday sent it to Service center and they have told battery needs replacement.

Its pathetic that battery gives out in just 16 months and 28k kms. In comparison my City battery lasted 65k and 3 years.

Need advice which battery to go for and how much it will cost from outside vendor.
Old 18th August 2019, 15:42   #2343
BHPian

Just now got a call from Tata Motors Service Centre that they want the car to be brought to the workshop for some update related to AC. I was also told that there is a service bulletin for this for all Tiagos and Tigors. Have any other Tiago owners got a similar call?
Old 18th August 2019, 16:22   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
On Independence Day our Tiago D failed to start. Got it started by pushing and when we got it home it started fine. But, next day I noticed self is taking longer than usual. So, yesterday sent it to Service center and they have told battery needs replacement.

Its pathetic that battery gives out in just 16 months and 28k kms. In comparison my City battery lasted 65k and 3 years.

Need advice which battery to go for and how much it will cost from outside vendor.
My Tiago battery conked at just around 25 months and 14k kms. And that is what the expected battery life is these days. Depending on how you use it during engine off.
Don't go for Tata Green again. Go safely for Exide. Works well.
Should cost ₹ 4800 to ₹ 5600, depending on where you buy it from.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 03:15   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the OEM battery under warranty? AFAIK Most brands give 18-24m Full warranty. After which there's a pro-rata basis coverage.

The Tata Green battery in my Linea is doing OK in the past 3 years Touchwood.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 10:00   #2346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The dealer MUST have handed over a battery warranty card at the time of car delivery. Look for it in the welcome kit & get it replaced. It should be done for free.
Do you by chance get it's electrolyte topped up at fuel stations / washing centers or during car service? That generally kills the battery fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
My Tiago battery conked at just around 25 months and 14k kms. And that is what the expected battery life is these days. Depending on how you use it during engine off.
Don't go for Tata Green again. Go safely for Exide. Works well.
Should cost ₹ 4800 to ₹ 5600, depending on where you buy it from.
My experience has been that Amaron and Tata Green are better & Exide is the worst performer of them all when it comes to life expectancy. At least with diesel cars 55Ah batteries. The Nexon has come to me with an Exide again so I'm looking forward to a replacement in 2 years' time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The Tata Green battery in my Linea is doing OK in the past 3 years Touchwood.
+1. Tata Green has been quite a good performer. Found it to be better than Exide.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 11:51   #2347
BHPian

The Tata green battery in my Tiago petrol died after 23 months. The warranty was 21 months. Bad luck! No pro-rata warranty. I had it replaced with an Amaron battery with a 48 month warranty. I am not impressed with the Tata green battery. Better to stick to Amaron or Exide batteries with a long warranty.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 21:46   #2348
BHPian

I saw this in a Facebook group recently. I am not very sure about what happened and the real background of story, but I would like to bring in some discussion on the incident.

The first thing that came to my mind on seeing this was the thread which discussed the accident due to sudden breaking of rear axle on a tigor.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ng-defect.html (Tata Tigor Accident - Axle breaks on the highway. Driver error or manufacturing defect?)

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190820212058__01.jpg
.Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190820212026__01.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190820212048__01.jpg

Last edited by albertprince : 20th August 2019 at 21:49.
albertprince is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:01   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post
I saw this in a Facebook group recently. I am not very sure about what happened and the real background of story, but I would like to bring in some discussion on the incident.
There was another posting in this thread where the rear suspension of Tiago (Orange colored) was broken and the car was on roads. This seems to be second case of broken axle. Do you know how old this posting on face book is? If there is a batch of Tiago/Tigors where this is seen, then we need to be careful. I do not remember Tata making a recall for any Tiago/Tigors for any such issues. If laden weight is causing this issue then we have big problems in future. I hope Tata is looking after such incidents and acting on them
I have read about AMT failures on Tata/other cars but they are not life threatening. Breaking down this way has no excuse.....

Last edited by rajivtelang : 21st August 2019 at 13:03.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:42   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Got the Amaron battery. With old battery exchanged the quote was for 4300. But, as we know the vendor since a long time we payed him 4100. It's a 50AH battery. Tata green was 47.5 AH.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20190819wa0010.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20190819wa0009.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20190819wa0008.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:35   #2351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These pictures actually aren't sufficient to "discuss" much. Complete car is not visible. So not sure if it was running stock alloys or something aftermarket. The wheel picture seems quite white from the inside. Is that how the Tiago XZA's stock wheels are from the inside?

Has the axle broken or the wheel's hub? I'm not able to clearly see it in the picture.

Best not to get into a discussion of whether it was a user error since there is no data available whatsoever.
Old 21st August 2019, 15:57   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
These pictures actually aren't sufficient to "discuss" much. Complete car is not visible. So not sure if it was running stock alloys or something aftermarket.
Got this picture from the same FB post. This one shows the side view of the car. Isn't this the stock steel rim of Tiago?
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190821155004.jpg

Check the red circle in this picture to see what have gone wrong.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20190820212058__01__01.jpg

The FB post dated to August 17. The Year is not visible though.
albertprince is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:15   #2353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got this picture from the same FB post. This one shows the side view of the car. Isn't this the stock steel rim of Tiago?

Yeah looks like the stock wheel rim of the Tiago indeed sans its wheel cap. Yes I had seen the broken part in the previous picture also - I just couldn't properly understand if its the wheel joint that broke or the axle. I'll go with axle now.

Seems control was lost and the car hit something afterwards. One has to say it was lucky to be in an urban area. At highway speeds, consequences might have been far worse than what we see.

Guess poor manufacturing of the axle to blame?

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st August 2019 at 16:18.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:34   #2354
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 1907386

Check the red circle in this picture to see what have gone wrong.
Attachment 1907387

In this age of social networks, truth is manipulated both by consumers and sellers equally. Who knows whether the owner performed any wheel rotation or anything else and tightened the bolts well beyond torque limit or who knows what he did previously and how can it be verified. There needs to be some benefit of doubt provided to both the parties, have seen many fake reviews on Amazon & Flipkart where the review is so detailed and long which giveaway the fact that it is not worded by a regular/genuine buyer.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-56106041_573205663179457_8351171536039706624_n.jpg
Different angles, different perspectives, different interpretations, one picture/post.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:45   #2355
BHPian

Recently, my friend's 8 month old Tiago, had a free replacement of gasket under warranty. It was done during the regular service because of oil leakage, as per technician. Anyone encountered the same?
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks