Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 16:24   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

My Tigao XZ which is 9 months old now, However my dashboard rattles a little only in the morning and night when the car temperature is cold. There is almost nil or very very less rattling When parked in the sun or driving in the sun. What could be the solution on this?
Old 22nd August 2019, 16:48   #2357
BHPian

I am facing a rather strange issue on my 2018 Oct manufactured Revotron XT. Sometimes the steering just refuses to return to normal position after turning. It catches me off guard and feels unnerving. This issue occurs intermittently so I am not able to recreate it at will. In healthy condition, the steering return is quite strong.

It occurs mostly after the car is driven for some time, turned off and turned on again. Although not every time. After driving again for about 10 minutes, the issue disappears. Has anyone else faced this issue? Could it be an issue with the steering motor?

I have my second service scheduled this Sunday so I plan to raise this with the service center.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:17   #2358
BHPian

Sigh !

Just when you think all is fine comes this.

I am not naming the dealer, gave it to the NEW dealer in Trivandrum for 1st year service. The tiago was totally trouble free and went in for service and came back with this

1. Broken Bonnet stay rod ( the tip stopper of the yellow clip is broken, so bonnet cannot be kept open)
2. Broken driver side central lock lever
3. Engine Oil leak from sump and top cover

Since I was travelling could not check the vehicle when it was delivered to home after service.

When will these guys EVER learn?

Escalated and apparently they are coming tomorrow to pick up and rectify the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190823_101833.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190823_101810.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190823_101848.jpg  

Nanolover is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:27   #2359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
My Tigao XZ which is 9 months old now, However my dashboard rattles a little only in the morning and night when the car temperature is cold. There is almost nil or very very less rattling When parked in the sun or driving in the sun. What could be the solution on this?
I'm afraid I'm not giving you a solution really.

But I had this EXACT problem in my Vista for 3.5 years. Never managed to replicate it at an A-S-S yet it happened every day otherwise in the morning & night. They never managed to understand or fix the problem. (No surprise.)

Then I met with a horrible accident that left the car needing rebuild of front suspension & engine bay for 20 days. Nothing intruded into the cabin, nor was anything repaired/touched inside the cabin/dashboard. But something changed!

For 6 years after that - the rattle never returned. Not a single rattle in the car anywhere after that accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Sigh !

Escalated and apparently they are coming tomorrow to pick up and rectify the vehicle.
Argh, thats painful. Must have stung hard. Good that you are getting it rectified. Thats one good thing about Tata. At least after escalation - they try to get it fixed without any annoying argumenst or blatant lies.

Thankfully the damages are all peripheral & not lasting. Will be fixable in a jiffy.

This is the reason I have never ever used the pick and drop for services. Not even once in 14 years of owning cars. Just don't want surprises at doorstep.

Edit - I have reported this post to mods for merger with the post above. Inadvertent back to back posts.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd August 2019 at 15:19. Reason: As per reported post :)
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:02   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The answer is NEVER. I am owner of a Tiago (and first Tata vehicle in life) for last 3 months. I had already read about customers revisiting the service after the job done. Last weekend I got the seat covers installed and had to rush back after getting the car delivery. After reaching home I found the co passenger's seat cover was not fixed properly. The threads used to tie it were hanging, cover was loose from seat's back and from left side. I admit that it was my mistake to miss it but the supervisors there do not bother once the job is "declared" as completed. I have to go again tomorrow to get this thing fixed.
I have another reason to go there as well. I had ordered the Tiago NRG's wheel rim and cover through them which has arrived. Tata service is not near my house and need to spend some handsome liter of petrol to reach there in Bangalore traffic. In this particular case I do not have to cry but otherwise have no choice but to waste a few hours of life.
Lesson learned: Check everything before getting the delivery. You have no choice. If you have no time for it on that day, re-schedule your visit when you have ample time. This is for your own good. They will NEVER improve
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:49   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
1. Broken Bonnet stay rod ( the tip stopper of the yellow clip is broken, so bonnet cannot be kept open)
2. Broken driver side central lock lever
3. Engine Oil leak from sump and top cover.
1. Just escalate the issue to your service center, they will replace the bonnet rod immediately, (even for free) it's very cheap 15 to 20/-

2. That door knob is of screw type fitting mechanism, just insert it back and rotate clockwise for 3-4 turns (if inner part is still inline and not displaced, it's simple DIY)
Also do the same clockwise tightening of all the other door knobs, they tend to get loose over the period.

3. Engine oil filter might need some tightening, and for this issue you have to visit service center,
I recently changed recommended engine oil, oil filter at FNG, and they did it perfectly

Hope this will help you

Last edited by gjnnbagal : 23rd August 2019 at 16:50.
gjnnbagal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:13   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm afraid I'm not giving you a solution really.
woh! Okay. I wish i dont have to do the same to stop rattling. I am fine with this little rattling
tushky is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 18:11   #2363
Team-BHP Support

Just encountered a problem with my June '18 XZA. I noticed yesterday that the music system wouldn't come on after turning on the ignition (the Harman logo followed by the time/date did not appear). Further on switching on the music system, I saw the "1 Hour Mode" message come on.

Called my regular SA who suggested a few diagnostic steps which didn't work so I took the car in.

After some playing around (opening of the bottom part of the steering cover), the Quality expert at Balaji Motors opined that some sensor/lock between the music system and the ignition is malfunctioning. Essentially, the music system doesn't know that the key is inserted/ignition is on/car has started.

He immediately spoke with some Minda representative and was told a small part would have to be replaced; a video was sent. Will know what it is once the part arrives.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 20:46   #2364
BHPian

Hi all

Quick update. Dealership quickly took the car and have replaced the bonnet stay rod,door lock trim.

The oil filler cap was to be to be defective and responsible for the oil leak ( guys please check your machines also!) And was replaced under warranty.

Vehicle washed and delivered back today evening.

No questions asked.

Thank you Tata for your swift response
Nanolover is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 12:54   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Quick update. Dealership quickly took the car and have replaced the bonnet stay rod,door lock trim.

The oil filler cap was to be to be defective and responsible for the oil leak ( guys please check your machines also!) And was replaced under warranty.

Vehicle washed and delivered back today evening.

No questions asked.

Thank you Tata for your swift response
I have to agree that their turn around time has improved BUT workmanship has miles to go to be called good. They greet and treat you as valued customers but do not check quality of work done making the customers to come back often.
All in all TATA is improving but you need to find a protocol to deal with them until they are at par with Maruti or Hyundai.
Old 31st August 2019, 16:09   #2366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Will know what it is once the part arrives.
Part: "Lock Set Micro Switch" changed; got the car back today. I've got good support from Balaji Motors, Aundh to get this resolved.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 10:23   #2367
Senior - BHPian

I read a few reviews of Petrol Tiago and found one issue reported by multiple people on Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours. The root cause given is the fuel pump gets heated up and stops working causing power loss/stall while running the car. It restores itself after resting for 30 min or so. I found this issue very dangerous since if you are travelling on highway at say 80KMPH and due to power loss you will suddenly slow down/stall causing vehicle on back hitting you badly.
Any clues on this issue? The reviews were found to be for cars of 2017 and some 2018. Could somebody please confirm about this deadly issue?
I tried to check with TASS on this but no response from person in Spares department. Did Tata confirm this issue with either car batch or the fuel pump part serial number?
I have not taken my new Tiago out on any long drives yet after ownership of 3 months. After reading this I am bit nervous to do so. I am a person who will drive atleast for 6-7 hours continuously and stop only for fuel if needed. In any case this sounds like older days cars (old Premier Padminis) where you need to stop after few hours and put water for cooling the engine.

Some links:
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-fuel-pu...rol-Tata-Tiago
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nt-petrol.html (Tata Tiago chokes for want of petrol)
https://www.cardekho.com/user-review...iago-18241.htm

Last edited by rajivtelang : 5th September 2019 at 10:34.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 10:32   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I read a few reviews of Tiago and found one issue reported by multiple people on Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours.

After 2yrs of ownership and multiple such long drives ranging upto 7-8 hrs no such issue was observed at least in my tiago. Cheers and take your car out.
sparkguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 13:30   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I read a few reviews of Petrol Tiago and found one issue reported by multiple people on Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours. The root cause given is the fuel pump gets heated up and stops working causing power loss/stall while running the car...
Ah, stop worrying and take her out on the long roads! This is not a "known issue" for Tiago. Part failures are common across all machines and fuel pump issues crop up in a small ratio in all cars from any brand.

That said - do one thing for your peace of mind and safety. When going out on highways etc. for long drives, never drive for long distances with tank just below a quarter or less than that filled. The fuel pump sits INSIDE the fuel tank, submerged in petrol/diesel and the fuel itself acts as a coolant + anti-rust coat for it. If fuel level is kept consistently low (Remember the old days of college when borrowing friends' near dry bike and filling up 20rs petrol? ) the pump gets exposed & heat doesn't radiate sufficiently fast. That causes the seizures once in a while if at all.

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th September 2019 at 13:54.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 16:50   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read a few reviews of Petrol Tiago and found one issue reported by multiple people on Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours. The root cause given is the fuel pump gets heated up and stops working causing power loss/stall while running the car. It restores itself after resting for 30 min or so. I found this issue very dangerous since if you are travelling on highway at say 80KMPH and due to power loss you will suddenly slow down/stall causing vehicle on back hitting you badly.
Any clues on this issue? The reviews were found to be for cars of 2017 and some 2018. Could somebody please confirm about this deadly issue?
I tried to check with TASS on this but no response from person in Spares department. Did Tata confirm this issue with either car batch or the fuel pump part serial number?
I have not taken my new Tiago out on any long drives yet after ownership of 3 months. After reading this I am bit nervous to do so. I am a person who will drive atleast for 6-7 hours continuously and stop only for fuel if needed. In any case this sounds like older days cars (old Premier Padminis) where you need to stop after few hours and put water for cooling the engine.

Some links:
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-fuel-pu...rol-Tata-Tiago
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nt-petrol.html (Tata Tiago chokes for want of petrol)
https://www.cardekho.com/user-review...iago-18241.htm
This has happened to my Tiago back in India, which my dad uses. There are couple of times this issue occurred and waiting for 15-20 mins resolved the issue. The car stalls or loses power suddenly from no where. Initially I thought it to be adulterated fuel, but one of my source at the ASS said that it's a fuel pump issue. Cars manufactured in 2nd half of 2017 had this issue, which was like pick and choose, nothing like the entire batch had an issue.

Since the running is low, haven't noticed it often. If the issue persists again I am planning to get the fuel pump changed and I have to pay for it, since my car is out of warranty.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks