Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:23   #226
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

There are some channels reporting that they have chosen the name to be "Sway", something I heard only in this forum and nowhere else. The English meaning of the car does not sound well for a zippy car to be introduced!!
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:04   #227
BHPian

I was expecting prices of Zica to be announced today. Was it withheld because of the re-branding exercise or not expected at all?

By the way, departure of marketing head looks like to do with naming fiasco.
Old 5th February 2016, 07:12   #228
BHPian

Tata has exported 2 Kite 4 prototypes to Italy for testing as recently as 30-Jan-16 with a 1200cc REVOTRON engine. Looks like the Kite Sports is already in the making. (info from Zauba)

Are they tuning the handling at Nardo?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Last edited by aditya79india : 5th February 2016 at 07:13. Reason: Edit
aditya79india is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:21   #229
BHPian

Zica - Zippy Car - what a weird name they got. By the way Tata never could get good names for their cars excepting the last couple - Storme, Bolt. Look at Indica, Indigo, Manza etc etc. The list goes on and on
Having said that, i dont think they should have pulled the plug on the Zica name. This and the virus will never come together and India knows Zica well enough now. What with the weirder names of other cars like Creta (i have heard tons of jokes and name calling for this one), Duster etc
I would have liked Tata to have maintained a theme for their vehicles. Now Osprey was one brilliant name. I thought they had it with Kite and Osprey, looks like not yet. So what would i call the Zica - maybe Sparrow !!!
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:48   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Having said that, i dont think they should have pulled the plug on the Zica name. This and the virus will never come together and India knows Zica well enough now. What with the weirder names of other cars like Creta (i have heard tons of jokes and name calling for this one), Duster etc
I would have liked Tata to have maintained a theme for their vehicles. Now Osprey was one brilliant name. I thought they had it with Kite and Osprey, looks like not yet. So what would i call the Zica - maybe Sparrow !!!
The Main intention of changing name is not keeping just the Indian Market. With signing Messi, they just opened up a huge market to explore in the South America. Already the word Zica was not good for Portugal and Brazil and it was almost sure they will change the name while exporting there. Now with Zica spread a lot in South America, I think it was a good decision to rename it globally rather than just country specific.
RaghuVis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 11:46   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I read in the newspaper that Zika is a virus transmitted my a kind of mosquito.
Recently it seems they have diagnosed a case of Microcephaly caused by this Zika Virus.
Microcephaly it seems is a disease wherein an affected foetus will develop a smaller brain and skull thereby making the child's life expectancy less.

Being an 'automotive' guy more than a 'medicine' guy, I immediately thought of Tata Zica when I saw the headline of the report.

Apart from the Name, I could draw some analogies between Zika and Zica.
The foetus(this new car) will develop smaller brains(engines).
I just hope the car doesn't have a reduced the life expectancy!

I guess the person who chose this name for the car was bit by a mosquito

On a serious note, I quite liked this new car just like how I had liked the Bolt and the Zest.
Hopefully the new 3D logo of Tata is lucky for them and gives them the sales they are aiming to achieve.
Wow! within 3 weeks, So much has happened!
When I posted the above quoted message on 18th January 2016, I never had an idea that this would become such a big topic.
From a not-so-famous virus name, Zika/Zica has now become an issue for an automotive company!

On a similar note, there was a maternity hospital in north Bangalore and its name was isis.
They have now changed to Wellspring hospital for obvious reasons.

I don't think Tata's move was unnecessary. Nobody wants to have a name for their baby/product which rhymes with something negative.

Simplest of the solutions for Tata would be to name it Kite. But they have now gone to the public
IMO, it is a nice and different approach, but they are wasting some precious time I feel.
They now have to wait for suggestions and then short-listing names from thousands of names is again confusing and time consuming.
After that, they have to create branding material
More importantly, getting the monograms manufactured for so many cars will again take time!
Hope they do it fast.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th February 2016 at 11:47.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 21:05   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
There are some channels reporting that they have chosen the name to be "Sway", something I heard only in this forum and nowhere else. The English meaning of the car does not sound well for a zippy car to be introduced!!
Just so, RaghuVis! The word "Sway" can have more than one connotation, none of which one associates with a brisk, zippy hatchback! In fact I'm reminded of an old BBC TG review describing a pre-war convertible which "...had all the torsional rigidity of an over-ripe banana!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Wow! within 3 weeks, So much has happened!
When I posted the above quoted message on 18th January 2016, I never had an idea that this would become such a big topic.
From a not-so-famous virus name, Zika/Zica has now become an issue for an automotive company!

On a similar note, there was a maternity hospital in north Bangalore and its name was isis.
They have now changed to Wellspring hospital for obvious reasons.

I don't think Tata's move was unnecessary. Nobody wants to have a name for their baby/product which rhymes with something negative.

Simplest of the solutions for Tata would be to name it Kite. But they have now gone to the public
IMO, it is a nice and different approach, but they are wasting some precious time I feel.
They now have to wait for suggestions and then short-listing names from thousands of names is again confusing and time consuming.
After that, they have to create branding material
More importantly, getting the monograms manufactured for so many cars will again take time!
Hope they do it fast.
Other things aside, I suppose the single most important factor should be the choice of name itself. And hopefully it won't be, as RaghuVis mentioned above, a silly mindless word reported by some channel!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 12:47   #233
BHPian

As I have booked a test drive in the official Zica site & also visited couple of showrooms here in Hyderabad to find out about the car, got a call from Malik cars informing me that the official launch of the car would be around 2nd-3rd week of March & that he would schedule a TD as & when the car arrives.

Any news of the launch date & also the name it has changed to, as the person cut the call when I asked for the new name if he knows. The launch to me is getting delayed which doesnt do good for TATA as there are couple of launches which might impact the sales. Come on TATA, get the car out soon

Last edited by Eddy : 18th February 2016 at 14:45. Reason: Only two smilies allowed per post.
Old 18th February 2016, 14:42   #234
BHPian

From the 37000+ names, Tata has shortlisted 3 names for zica. Voting will start soon!
Source:Tata Zica Facebook page.
Ponbaarathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 20:19   #235
BHPian

Civet, Tiago and Adore it is - the final three.

Civet - an animal
Tiago - Portugese version of the name 'James'
Adore - Oh please!!!

I have voted for Civet BTW - the better "sounding" amongst the three.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 18th February 2016 at 20:28.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 20:35   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post

Civet - an animal
Adore - Oh please!!!

I have voted for Civet BTW - the better "sounding" amongst the three.
My vote is for Tiago. Adore is completely out of thought. Why can't they go back to kite.
Old 18th February 2016, 20:45   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't particularly like any of the three. None of them really match with 'Tata' which is by itself a short word. I think they should have stuck with the 4 letter words that they have been using recently. Zest, Bolt, Zica, Nano, Hexa, Kite, Aria.

Tata Tiago sounds better among the 3. But sounds like a name for a SUV as opposed to a small Hatchback

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 18th February 2016 at 20:47.
Old 18th February 2016, 20:53   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post

Civet - an animal
Adore - Oh please!!!
not again...

Civet cat's were associated with SARS outbreak some time back.

I would any-day prefer KITE.
SAMUDRA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 08:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
not again...

Civet cat's were associated with SARS outbreak some time back.

I would any-day prefer KITE.
How does Tata (nu) Era sound, if not already taken?

Girish
Old 19th February 2016, 08:53   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
How does Tata (nu) Era sound, if not already taken?

Girish
I think there some Hyundai cars which have variants named as Era.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks