Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 13:05   #2416
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
It was replaced by a road side FNG garage (near shil phata, Navi Mumbai) with a coolant hose pipe. Heading to TASS at dombivali tomorrow for proper correction of the fault.
Please get it replaced with a proper OE high-pressure pipe as soon as possible. Fuel pump to common-rail line carries highly pressurised diesel (~2000 bar). A coolant hose won't be able to sustain it for long.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 13:08   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Please get it replaced with a proper OE high-pressure pipe as soon as possible. Fuel pump to common-rail line carries highly pressurised diesel (~2000 bar). A coolant hose won't be able to sustain it for long.
Thanks for the reply. Just visited krishna Tata at dombivali. Pipe is not in stock and mechanic says won't cause any issues in the short term.

I am going to sangli day after tomorrow and HEM motors Satara says they have it in stock. I shall be making a quick pit stop for the change at satara.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 20:40   #2418
BHPian

A close friend took delivery of his first car. I was involved right from selection till delivery and as a matter of fact I drove the car from dealership till his house after delivery since he is still learning to drive and didn't want to take chances with a new car. Booking details here (The "I Booked my Car" Thread).

We wanted a small hatchback that was a petrol, well built, feature rich, decently frugal, had high clearance and was economical to maintain. I test-drove Grand i10, Etios Liva, Datsun Go and Ford Figo. And we decided to go ahead with Ford Freestyle Trend Petrol since it fit our requirements better than others. We had ignored Tata Tiago since I already have a Tiago Petrol AMT in our family, so I wanted something else for my friend. When we visited a Ford dealership after few weeks, we found that Ford had hiked the prices of Freestyle by 15K within a month of our previous visit to another Ford dealership so we reluctantly dropped that car as we had already stretched our budget for it initially and it did not seem like a VFM choice anymore. After this we decided to visit Tata to check out the Tiago and see if it makes more sense than other contenders.

First we checked the Tiago and felt that it was alright and we could easily afford its top variant but then we saw the Tiago NRG which seemed like a better choice compared to regular Tiago due to higher GC which we were keen on. So we finalized on the Tiago NRG and booked it by paying 5K booking amount and were promised delivery within a month based on stock availability. After a week or so, my friend got a call from the SA saying that Tiago NRG is discontinued by TATA and the available stocks with TATA were atleast 6 months older and the color choices were limited to White and Grey whereas we wanted Orange. The SA was apologetic and mentioned that we could transfer the booking to a top-model Tiago Petrol since the Ex-Showroom prices were exactly the same for Tiago XZ+ and Tiago NRG. After discussing with me, my friend gave a go ahead for a Berry Red Tiago.

Again after a week the SA called saying that a brand new Berry Red Tiago was dispatched from the factory and would reach the dealer stockyard in few days and he would allot that car to him. So after a few days the car had arrived and we reached the stockyard to do a basic PDI and everything seemed fine to me so we decided a date for delivery and informed the same to SA. The car was delivered on the requested date and it was a average experience since we had to wait almost 2 hours as the car was getting cleaned and readied for delivery which should've been done prior to our visit ideally. Anyway after a brief photo-shoot we were on our way to the nearest fuel pump to tank-up since the car had only 5L of fuel in it.

Coming to the car, TATA has updated the Tiago with the new Digital instrument cluster which does not look very pleasing initially but grows on you as you munch more miles with the car. The car has done only about 200KMs till now so I do not have much to share. Will provide an update once the car completes its first service. Here are few pictures I clicked using my phone:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20191019_173758.jpg
We got to know about the updated instrument console during PDI..

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20191028_124518.jpg
Red hot... Ready for delivery

Last edited by Funny : 5th November 2019 at 20:42.
Funny is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 23:42   #2419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
After a week or so, my friend got a call from the SA saying that Tiago NRG is discontinued by TATA and the available stocks with TATA were atleast 6 months older and the color choices were limited to White and Grey whereas we wanted Orange. The SA was apologetic and mentioned that we could transfer the booking to a top-model Tiago Petrol since the Ex-Showroom prices were exactly the same for Tiago XZ+ and Tiago NRG.
Now that does not sound correct. I heard that now NRG also has got AMT. I have manual NRG bought in May 2019 and NRG was introduced only in September 2018. I doubt if the information is right. TATA was supposed to discontinue Diesel Tiagos including Diesel NRG. It will be unwise to discontinue a petrol car in just 1 year.
Searched on google buy did not find any such news of NRG discontinued.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 5th November 2019 at 23:47.
rajivtelang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:47   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Now that does not sound correct. I heard that now NRG also has got AMT. I have manual NRG bought in May 2019 and NRG was introduced only in September 2018. I doubt if the information is right. TATA was supposed to discontinue Diesel Tiagos including Diesel NRG. It will be unwise to discontinue a petrol car in just 1 year.
Searched on google buy did not find any such news of NRG discontinued.
Well I do not see a reason why the dealer would not want to sell us a NRG. The SA had mentioned that the stocks at Factory itself are more than 6 months old and Tata was not manufacturing NRG anymore. It could be due to BS6 update, they could relaunch it later IMO. If the SA wanted to clear their Tiago inventory then we would've been offered a older stock. But the car alloted to us was fresh from factory, manufactured and delivered in the month of October itself.

The SA is known to me since we had bought our Tiago AMT from him about a year back. Also he has been promoted to a higher position and didn't have to be our adviser, he could've allotted any other adviser to us but choose to pursue the sale personally since we were known to him. Also we had finalized a decent deal on NRG which wasn't applicable on Tiago but after the goof-up the SA managed to pass on the same deal to our regular Tiago booking since it was a mistake from their end. Even I had tried searching about any news related to NRG but found none but it could be TATA silently discontinuing manufacturing for a temporary period. Anyway I'd give the benefit of doubt to the dealership in this case.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:36   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Any new cases of Tiago malfunctioning? There are a couple of threads here talking the same language (old ones with a little updates lately)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...xz-petrol.html (Ownership Review - Tata Tiago XZ Petrol)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nt-petrol.html (Tata Tiago chokes for want of petrol)

Kindly provide all such malfunction information here since getting stranded on unknown roads is something I would like the least , especially with family and small kids on board. Somehow the pattern I could see here is for Tiagos of 2016 and 2017. Please confirm this since 90% of time the resolution was replacement of fuel pump. Can we safely assume the fuel pump issues are all sorted out with 2018 onward Tiagos?
Old 13th November 2019, 13:24   #2422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Any new cases of Tiago malfunctioning? There are a couple of threads here talking the same language (old ones with a little updates lately)
You had asked about the fuel pump here & got quite reassuring replies -
Link - Tiago Fuel pump discussion (Tata Tiago : Official Review)

Stop worrying mate & enjoy the ride! Breakdowns will happen in any car. Always plan with that in mind. Nothing specific for Tiago anymore that you should be nervous about.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 19:35   #2423
Team-BHP Support

I've been getting a service reminder on the MID since a few weeks now (shows the spanner and days left). I was under the impression the service interval is one year; but six months is pushing it too far!

Estimated cost is 650~ per the app; this interval for the petrol AMT just has checks (no replacements).

Are people here adhering to the six month or yearly schedule? I have the AMT and EW so I'd play safe anyway.
Old 14th November 2019, 19:44   #2424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
...I have the AMT and EW so I'd play safe anyway.
Warranty mandates you're stuck with the recommended schedule. Tata are usually a bit reasonable with delays both kms and timing wise, but I don't think even they'd look kindly on skipping the in-betweens altogether.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 20:50   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been getting a service reminder on the MID since a few weeks now (shows the spanner and days left). I was under the impression the service interval is one year; but six months is pushing it too far!

Estimated cost is 650~ per the app; this interval for the petrol AMT just has checks (no replacements).

Are people here adhering to the six month or yearly schedule? I have the AMT and EW so I'd play safe anyway.
Three free services in first year, 2 months, 6 months and 12 months schedule. Then every year or 15000KM if I remember it correctly. But I usually get a general checkup done after 6 months (mid year) and get the oil, coolant topped up, no matter what car brand it is. My Tiago is yet to reach 1 year but I assume Tata expects us to visit them for the top up activity at minimal cost? I feel it is OK for early issue detection.
Old 15th November 2019, 11:41   #2426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the interval is 6 months only for the first free services. Afterwards its an year if I'm not wrong.

Yes - do go for it as per schedule. If a rogue one wants to trouble warranty - a missed services is a gifted light-saber.
Old 15th November 2019, 14:18   #2427

Hi. My Tiago XZ+ petrol is almost 6 months old, and due for service in a couple of weeks. I hadn't opted for the Gold AMC at purchase, and I've heard from the SA that if I want to, I have to get it before the second service. The car is used daily, but light usage ~2500km in 6 months.

Before buying the AMC, I was hoping to get some opinions on whether its a reasonable purchase or will it be more expensive than just the regular services? Also, the service guy was pushing me to get the anti rust treatment done last time, I was wondering if that is recommended, or of any use.

First service at 2 months was completely free. I also purchased the extended warranty, and the gold AMC seems to be priced at around ₹10k for 2 years from the date of car handover. (1.5 years remaining for me if I were to purchase it now)
Old 16th November 2019, 09:50   #2428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Three free services in first year, 2 months, 6 months and 12 months schedule. Then every year or 15000KM if I remember it correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think the interval is 6 months only for the first free services. Afterwards its an year if I'm not wrong.
Nope. The manual lists the six month interval for checks. But it's not one item that I'm absolutely not inclined to miss: checking AMT oil level.

Off I go to Tata ASC.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screen-shot-20191116-09.45.20.png

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screen-shot-20191116-09.44.46.png
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 17:49   #2429
BHPian

Guys, any idea how much the Tiago JTP's front bumper costs?I need that on my car and am sure its a straight fit.
Old 19th November 2019, 09:49   #2430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Guys, any idea how much the Tiago JTP's front bumper costs?I need that on my car and am sure its a straight fit.
Safe to assume it would be a straight fit. I had checked on Boodmo for a couple of JTP parts - Steering wheel for my Nexon & bumper for a friend's Tigor. But these guys are smart. JTP parts are not available on Boodmo. Have to visit a TASC and pester them to check.

You'll have to sit with their spares inventory lead & actually browse the online catalogue on their PC to select the exact part you want to check/order. Just telling a part name makes them freeze a bit. Their face shows the regret of opting for the job instantly.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th November 2019 at 09:54.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed