Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 10:28   #2431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Guys, any idea how much the Tiago JTP's front bumper costs?I need that on my car and am sure its a straight fit.
Non JTP tiago bumper cost around ~3000/- and painting, fitting charges extra (around ~1500/-)

JTP bumper might cost you little extra. Hope this will help

Another member of Tiago owners group on facebook has crossed 100000 kms in less than 3 years.
Original post and owner of the car Mr Sandeep Rao.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20191202101845.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd December 2019 at 16:35. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
gjnnbagal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 16:44   #2432
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have been following bhp for a long time and now i am getting my first car. We have finalized a Tiago Petrol XZ variant here in Chennai. We are getting the BS4 XZ variant for 5.5-5.6L OTR after discounts. Atleast, that's the final figure the dealership (Lakshmi Motors OMR Thoraipakkam, Gokulam Motors Chromepet) have given us.

I had the following questions and I thought the experts and tiago owners here could clarify some of these doubts.

1. Should I bargain some more? What's the ballpark figure I could bargain it down to for this XZ variant? The actual OTR listed on official figures is 6.5L rupees. The manufacturing date is in November 2019 for cars in both dealerships.

2. Is it a disadvantage to get the car with regular wheel instead of alloy wheels? XZ variant doesn't have an alloy wheel feature. Hence the question.

3. Also, what are the issues that I should be aware of in the new 2019 Tiago XZ petrol variant? And what are the things I should do before booking?

Please help enlighten me on these. This is my first car purchase and some of the car related terms elude me. So any guidance/advice would be very helpful!
Old 8th December 2019, 19:52   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
Hi Guys,
Hello. Great decision there!
First of all, I’d recommend you to take a look at XZ+ too as you get a lot of extra features such as electrically folding ORVMs, touchscreen HU, 15 inch wheels with alloys, and projector headlights to name a few. Now coming to your questions,

1. No idea about this, recent buyers from your area might help.

2. I don’t think this is an issue as you can get alloys yourself from Tata or outside yourself.

3. No issues as far as I know but Tata has deleted some features like rear defogger as per my knowledge from current XZ after introduction of XZ+ compared to what was offered earlier.
Old 9th December 2019, 09:21   #2434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Should I bargain some more? What's the ballpark figure I could bargain it down to for this XZ variant? The actual OTR listed on official figures is 6.5L rupees. The manufacturing date is in November 2019 for cars in both dealerships.
Just check what all the dealer is giving you as part of discount. I have Tiago NRG Petrol (May 2019) and that time the insurance for 3 years was offered free along with some corporate discount and exchange bonus on older car. Not sure if there are many more discounts due to off going BS4 vehicles. Ask the dealer what is he offering and what more he can include in discount. Check if he can give the seat covers and better mats for free as well (if you plan to put them). And yeah, ask if extended warranty of 3rd and 4th years can also be added. (I am asking too much here but just give a try )

Quote:
2. Is it a disadvantage to get the car with regular wheel instead of alloy wheels? XZ variant doesn't have an alloy wheel feature. Hence the question.
For NRG there are no alloys (even though the looks are like Alloys with cleverly cut iron rims and wheel covers) and 14 inch tyres. But I have learned a few things that a smaller rim/alloy (e.g. 14 inch rim/alloy) with more rubber provides better comfort that big rim/alloy (e.g. 15 inch rim/alloy) and smaller rubber. You may get a lot of information on it on google.

Quote:
3. Also, what are the issues that I should be aware of in the new 2019 Tiago XZ petrol variant? And what are the things I should do before booking?
I am not aware of any such issues. Also check with multiple dealers on what best price you can get along with date of manufacturing based on the VIN. Also check how far is the service station for you before booking Tata cars since they are not as abundant as Maruti/Hyundai stations.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:09   #2435
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone interested in Tiago/Tigor in PUNE - please visit the Bafna Motors showroom once. They have a large stock of excellent condition cars in yard. Collective from Bafna+Concorde & possibly from National (Concorde & National shut shop of previous ownership recently.)

My uncle purchased a Tiago XZA+ last week & got a whopping discount of more than 1 lakh on a pristine new piece. No compromise on car condition/age. Also - the showroom staff is transparent, they are letting customers visit the yard & select a piece of their choice from the stock. So no attempt to cheat in any way. Seems an excellent deal for whats on offer.

Contemplating since 2 days about replacing the Alto with a Tiago automatic. Vitamin M seems to be not adding up!
Reinhard is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:04   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Non JTP tiago bumper cost around ~3000/- and painting, fitting charges extra (around ~1500/-)

JTP bumper might cost you little extra. Hope this will help
I did check with the Service center during my first service and they have quoted me around 9k for the bumper alone.I seriously doubt if it would be that much.

I have had the first service done hand have the following queries...

1. Has anyone tried a remap on the Tiago?
2. Any leads on better headlight illumination(led/xenon) for the XZA+ setup?it works for 4 lane highways,but is useless on 2 laned ones.
3. Can i get the boot light fitted at the ASC?
4. Can the chrome ring around the fogs be removed? I just hate it
5. Can the ICE wallpaper be changed?
6.Has anyone tried leather wrapping the steering?

Thanks
Sam
Old 12th December 2019, 20:54   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
queries
1. I doubt remaps are helpful on NA petrol engines but again I'm no expert.
2. For headlights you can go for Philips extreme vision plus bulbs which are pretty decent. I had put in a xenon kit in the low beam projector but I didn't find it to be better than the said Philips bulbs and I also ended up slightly burning the inside reflector area of projector due to my stupidity. Don't go for LED as you'll end up getting blind spots and they just aren't as powerful
3. They won't do it as far mostly as there's no proper OEM way of doing it. You can order the part from boodmo and get it installed outside from any good electrician. You just need to take power from the coupler located in driver side A-pillar. I've added the OEM boot light on both sides.
4. No idea as I actually I've XZA but put in the Tigor XZA+/JTP headlights later.
5. Yes, I've got it done in my car. It is a completely OEM style hand stitched wrap which looks and feels great. No idea about the people who do it in your area though.

Last edited by shivamk11 : 12th December 2019 at 20:55.
shivamk11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 22:52   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Hello all,

... Tiago XT Diesel which crossed just 1.12 lakh kms on the ODO, genuinely and single handedly driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
With a lakh kms on Tiago you must be very well aware of all that is required to run Tata cars for long.
Cross posting here for the benefit of all.
I implore you guys to please advise us as well about all things that may go wrong or to check what all things to run Tata's diesel cars for a long time.

FYI i crossed 65k in two years in my Tiago xz diesel and wish to keep it till the day it dies on me

Quote:
1. Has anyone tried a remap on the Tiago?
2. Any leads on better headlight illumination(led/xenon) for the XZA+ setup?it works for 4 lane highways,but is useless on 2 laned ones.

Sam
1. I tried contacting few tuners for remapping my Tiago diesel but none of them have any experience with Tiagos. Without a turbo, petrol NA will not give much improvements in performance department. Even with the FGT turbo in diesel, there are a very limited options. A VGT would have been much more beneficial for extracting good performance with tuning.
2. I will suggest going with a relay and 100/90 W halogen bulbs. Sufficient for highway runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
.. is to keep the service schedules in check and replace parts preemptively. Best of luck
Thanks. Have been doing all services before schedule. So far, beast still performs same as when it did two years ago. Taking care of all wear and tear parts as well as minor rattles are being immediately fixed.

Last edited by Torq : 18th December 2019 at 23:01.
Old 18th December 2019, 22:56   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Cross posting here for the benefit of all.
I implore you guys to please advise us as well about all things that may go wrong or to check what all things to run Tata's diesel cars for a long time.

FYI i crossed 65k in two years in my Tiago xz diesel and wish to keep it till the day it dies on me
I haven't even driven 100 kms in a Tata Diesel or a Petrol car. I guess you quoted my post to entice the one who drove over a lakh to open up all his secrets

My two cents from reading about them is to keep the service schedules in check and replace parts preemptively. Best of luck
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:26   #2440
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a Transmission Control Unit(TCU) update available for Tiago and Tigor AMT. It was rolled out in October. It has made gear shifts wee bit faster and AMT response is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
3. They won't do it as far mostly as there's no proper OEM way of doing it. You can order the part from boodmo and get it installed outside from any good electrician. You just need to take power from the coupler located in driver side A-pillar. I've added the OEM boot light on both sides.
Can you give me more details on the coupler? Is it visible if the A Pillar trim is removed?

Also can you share me the Boodmo part number for the boot lamp?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd December 2019 at 20:27.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:57   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you give me more details on the coupler? Is it visible if the A Pillar trim is removed?

Also can you share me the Boodmo part number for the boot lamp?
Yes, it is clearly visible once you remove the trim. The part number for the boot lamp is 287154409932.
shivamk11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:56   #2442
BHPian

Owners of tiago in Hosur, TN need a help. I see that only 1 dealer is available in hosur. Hows the dealer and service facilities? I understand that Tata wont be like Maruti, but would like to know so that i can limit my expectations. We are looking for a small hatchback for occasional runs and out station trips. Tiago seems to fit the requirements. Its feature loaded and total value. Anything that I should be aware of to help me make the booking process smoother?
Old 28th December 2019, 10:52   #2443
BHPian

Got my Tiago XZA+ White yesterday. Other than some cost cutting measures (under hood cladding, boot lip cladding, boot lamp, aux port! missing), the car is an amazingly VFM product.

Because I specifically wanted the old cluster vs the new calculator style digital cluster, I was able to get some extra 20k discount (August VIN), making it 7.12L OTR Bangalore. So far, I am enjoying to drive the car. The steering is no Figo/Polo (Both were out of stock) like, but decent none the less - Specially compared to the Marutis I tested. I love how well it returns back to center and gives me much more of a connected feeling (than the Maruti I drove before).

No issues except a rattle that I hear from the dashboard. It only is heard on rough roads and bumps (plenty in Bangalore). It goes away when held in place with a hand over a rough road - indicating it is superficial. Might need SA help for getting that checked. Anyone else face this?
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 13:53   #2444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Anyone else face this?
Yes, it is a feature on the Tiago. No one can do anything about it.
Old 28th December 2019, 18:28   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes, it is a feature on the Tiago. No one can do anything about it.
You mean there is no solution for this? The Tiagos I test drove didn't have this exact issue.

Most Viewed