Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:25   #2476
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello, you can try Philips Xtremevision G-Force bulbs for better output than stock bulbs at stock wattage. I won't advise going for higher wattage as they can damage the projector. Also, I've upgraded the fog lamps to Bi-Xenon fog lamps from IPH, the result is simply superb. The combination with headlights makes night time drive a breeze.
Thank you Shivam. Could you share the purchase and installation details of the Bixenons if you dont mind please?and also any pics you might have of the light throw
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:34   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Thank you Shivam. Could you share the purchase and installation details of the Bixenons if you dont mind please?and also any pics you might have of the light throw
You can refer to this thread (Tata Nexon DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps installation) by Reinhard that lists all the steps very well. Just skip the part of adding a separate switch as Tiago doesn’t have the cornering feature of Nexon so there is no risk of damaging the kit by constant firing. His thread also has images of the light throw.
shivamk11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:47   #2478
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiago and Tigor gets 4 stars in Global NCAP Tests.

Source:Global NCAP

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2020 at 12:49.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:01   #2479
BHPian

The new Tiago losses on Projector lights,central door unlock switch and Sport mode in AMT version going by the pics available on the website That a bummer.

Rear camera is a major addition.Hope there is a software upgrade for the previous versions.
Sam.k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:52   #2480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sport mode in AMT version going by the pics available on the website That a bummer.
My June 2018 XZA has Sport mode; was it removed later?

Quote:
Rear camera is a major addition.Hope there is a software upgrade for the previous versions.
Even now, Tata has two options for the rear camera: one where they will attach a small screen on the dashboard for display (6k ish) or another where they will change the IRVM to show integrated rear camera display and auto-dimming (13k). I got that fit on my car. Yes, a company-provided solution, especially one integrated within the infotainment system will be better though.
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:33   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Im not sure if the 2020 Tiago has it

https://cars.tatamotors.com/cars/tiago/features
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:09   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
The new Tiago losses on Projector lights,central door unlock switch and Sport mode in AMT version going by the pics available on the website That a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Screenshot taken from official website, I do see a switch in the same location where sport mode button was, just the S label isn’t there. I don’t think sport mode isn’t going anywhere, it is crucial in many situations.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-eab07566146548fca14cf456889c23f2.png
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:41   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Screenshot taken from official website, I do see a switch in the same location where sport mode button was, just the S label isn’t there. I don’t think sport mode isn’t going anywhere, it is crucial in many situations.
Attachment 1960109
I saw the picture too..Looks like dummy to me without the 'S' printed on it.Moreover there's no mention of the feature as well.

Maybe its just me
Old 23rd January 2020, 20:23   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Some observations in my 8 months old Tiago NRG petrol. It has completed > 5500 km

1. The front right door has started giving strange rattle sound while on a little rough road. Hold the door with right hand and rattle goes away. Wonder what can go loose inside that stops when the door is held.
2. The panel next to right knee with a pocket shatters occasionally and again pushing it hard with hand stops the noise.
3. Brake is not smooth. I can feel some friction when I apply it. Wonder if it brushes against something when pressed.
4. It loses air faster compared to other cars. Is it due to the weight?
5. Happened only once: I used the rear wiper to clean the glass with water spray. The wiper could not be stopped for some reason. Tried all possible positions of the switch used to start/stop it. It did not help. Finally stopped ignition and switched off the battery to stop it. Something strange.
6. I could not fit any 12v to USB charger in the 12v socket given by Tata until I bought one on amazon. I tried 5 different chargers but none of them was staying in the socket. Are there any non standard sockets too?
7. Door sensor in rear right door is moody. Sometimes when the door is opened it does not show that on MID or shows late. It behaves correctly at service center (2 times already) making me embarrassed in front of them.

Car is doing great with 14.5 kmpl fuel efficiency figure on MID. I have not reset trip A purposely to monitor how much I am getting from day 1. It started at 11 and now at 14.5, no change in driving conditions and roads around. Purely Bangalore use, max travel Marathahalli to JP Nager . Whatever be the error on MID vs T2T, there is improvement of 3.5 kmpl assuming all numbers are linear including the error

Last edited by rajivtelang : 23rd January 2020 at 20:28.
Old 23rd January 2020, 22:47   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Some observations in my 8 months old Tiago NRG petrol. It has completed > 5500 km

1. The front right door has started giving strange rattle sound while on a little rough road. Hold the door with right hand and rattle goes away. Wonder what can go loose inside that stops when the door is held.
2. The panel next to right knee with a pocket shatters occasionally and again pushing it hard with hand stops the noise.
The inside of a door panel is held with plastic clips
Example (from this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ta-indica.html (DIY Guide : How to remove door panels - Tata Indica))
Tata Tiago : Official Review-step-6a.jpg
If any of the clips are damaged/lost/not fitting correctly, something like this could happen. Alternately some strategically placed foam might help
greenhorn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 08:24   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its typical in all cars. The panel getting lose / inside fitments of window winders and wiring resonating with the vibrations cause this. Foam padding at TASC can solve this. Costlier but more solid solution is getting damping done on front doors.
Quote:
Add small bits of 3M tape on hidden inside edges of it with just 1 side cover peeled off. Will work as a good damper.
Quote:
3. Brake is not smooth. I can feel some friction when I apply it. Wonder if it brushes against something when pressed.
If it happens only for some time after car having been parked for a days - expected. Otherwise get it checked during next visit. Don't directly ask for pad and disc cleaning.
Quote:
4. It loses air faster compared to other cars. Is it due to the weight?
This shouldn't happen. Happening in all wheels? Look for small puncture / faulty valve if in only 1-2 wheels. What "other cars"?
Quote:
5. Happened only once: I used the rear wiper to clean the glass with water spray. The wiper could not be stopped for some reason. Tried all possible positions of the switch used to start/stop it. It did not help. Finally stopped ignition and switched off the battery to stop it. Something strange.
BCM software issue. Disconnecting the battery terminal indeed is the last resort. Ask them to flash the BCM software with latest version during next service visit.
Quote:
6. I could not fit any 12v to USB charger in the 12v socket given by Tata until I bought one on amazon. I tried 5 different chargers but none of them was staying in the socket. Are there any non standard sockets too?
No - standard sockets in Tata cars. Same one in my car too. Works fine with all the accessories I have used. Probably the 12V fitments you got weren't smooth enough.
Quote:
7. Door sensor in rear right door is moody. Sometimes when the door is opened it does not show that on MID or shows late. It behaves correctly at service center (2 times already) making me embarrassed in front of them.
If you can - remove the rubber cap on it, blow some air & check if its smooth enough. Otherwise - during next visit simply ask them to replace it in warranty. Regardless of whether the issue can be reproduced in front of them or not. Make a face and tell them you have no reason to lie about such a paltry item.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 08:41   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If it happens only for some time after car having been parked for a days - expected. Otherwise get it checked during next visit. Don't directly ask for pad and disc cleaning.
This is observed from day 1. When the brake is applied it goes bit rough but further pressure makes the friction go away. And yeah, car runs on daily basis. I feel there is nothing on wheel side but some lever between the brake pedal and final assembly might need greasing, need to check.
Quote:
This shouldn't happen. Happening in all wheels? Look for small puncture / faulty valve if in only 1-2 wheels. What "other cars"?
Other cars include Honda, Maruti and Hyundai. I used to fill up the air every month then with 2-3 psi reduced after daily use. Here same numbers are observed on bi-weekly basis in all wheels. Nothing to worry but just an observation.
Quote:
No - standard sockets in Tata cars. Same one in my car too. Works fine with all the accessories I have used. Probably the 12V fitments you got weren't smooth enough.
The same accessories not working in Tiago work well in Maruti and Hyundai and the charger is properly fitted in the socket. Only in Tiago it does not stay. The last one I bought from amazon does the job perfectly and hence the question. Either the socket or the amazon charger is bad with more probability on the former.
Quote:
If you can - remove the rubber cap on it, blow some air & check if its smooth enough. Otherwise - during next visit simply ask them to replace it in warranty. Regardless of whether the issue can be reproduced in front of them or not. Make a face and tell them you have no reason to lie about such a paltry item.
Sure, this needs to be resolved under warranty.
Old 25th January 2020, 20:02   #2488
BHPian

I was a bit bothered by the higher NVH of Tiago XZA and have done 3 things to reduce it. They include getting the doors damped, fitting insulation under the hood and getting underbody coating from 3M. With this, it now manges to suppress the thrum of 3 pot engine reasonably well. The door damping has also improved the sound quality of the Harman system. Have also got an amp and a subwoofer added which adds bit of thump to the music.
Would like to hear what enhancements other owners have made to their Tiagos.
civic-dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 20:42   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I was a bit bothered by the higher NVH of Tiago XZA and have done 3 things to reduce it. They include getting the doors damped, fitting insulation under the hood and getting underbody coating from 3M. With this, it now manges to suppress the thrum of 3 pot engine reasonably well. The door damping has also improved the sound quality of the Harman system. Have also got an amp and a subwoofer added which adds bit of thump to the music.
Would like to hear what enhancements other owners have made to their Tiagos.
I've done exactly the same things in my car except the underbody coating which I'll get done now based on your post.
Only one issue though, the car is rattling a lot (from doors and boot mainly), I hope it can be fixed during next service. It becomes very irritating to drive even over very minorly uneven roads.
Old 26th January 2020, 19:26   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
I've done exactly the same things in my car except the underbody coating which I'll get done now based on your post.
Only one issue though, the car is rattling a lot (from doors and boot mainly), I hope it can be fixed during next service. It becomes very irritating to drive even over very minorly uneven roads.
Haven't noticed any rattling so far. But again, it has donev only 3200 km in last 10 months as it is our 2nd car and is mostly used by my wife.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks