Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 08:36   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Part of D(desi)NCAP series ��

WhatsApp forward from Kerala, Kannur reads TATA tiago doesn’t need any better advertisement. Reported to be driven by a lady driver.
Car looks super OK even after this super wall breaking impact. Great work TATA, a perfect advertising material similar to the pillar collapse on Nexon last year.
Old 7th February 2020, 13:00   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
.....Talk of crumple zone in walls! The wall really hasn't offered any resistance at all!
Maybe the wall was built by Maruthi suzuki!
Sam.k is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 17:21   #2508
BHPian

Has anyone on this forum had a chance to check the new Tiago and spotted some non-obvious changes / additions / deletions?

It'll be great if they can share their thoughts about the 2020 model.

1. For e.g., it seem the under-bonnet padding for nvh is back (my understanding is that this was deleted sometime last year)
2. I saw some videos mention that the plastic quality has 'much improved' in the cabin.
3. There used to be a sports button below the AMT mode selector and now it looks to be a dummy
3. The eco mode option has been removed
4. I saw in some video that they have added the balancer to Tiago to reduce vibrations (I highly doubt it) and couldn't find any other portal talk about it.
5. Projector headlights are no longer available in Tiago. How big of a miss is it?

I will probably go and check one at a nearby showroom in a few days but I don't have much idea about the old one to make a clear comparison (especially things like plastics quality)
Old 11th February 2020, 19:46   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post

Part of D(desi)NCAP series 😊

WhatsApp forward from Kerala, Kannur reads TATA tiago doesn’t need any better advertisement. Reported to be driven by a lady driver.

Let's imagine this scenario. Car parked facing the wall and kept in 1st gear. Hand brakes applied. Good. Driver comes, presses the clutch (car will not start without clutch pressed). Car starts, releases hand brake, good so far. Now driver accelerates hard and releases clutch suddenly and that's it.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 19:54   #2510
Senior - BHPian

I have a query regarding the 1 hour mode of music system. I can switch on the system without key in that mode and my car cleaning person is misusing it. He switches the music on not only while cleaning my car from inside but cars around in loud sound. Other day I caught him and asked not to do it. But I cannot a watchdog always.
Is there a way to disable the music system when the key is not inserted and battery is not turned on? Are there any settings or the service people can do that?
Old 12th February 2020, 20:13   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have a query regarding the 1 hour mode of music system. I can switch on the system without key in that mode and my car cleaning person is misusing it. He switches the music on not only while cleaning my car from inside but cars around in loud sound. Other day I caught him and asked not to do it. But I cannot a watchdog always.
Is there a way to disable the music system when the key is not inserted and battery is not turned on? Are there any settings or the service people can do that?
May be you can remove the fuse for the music system before giving it for washing, or remove the USB and change the FM tuning.
RK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 10:27   #2512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No - this cannot be done. You can only ask the person not to do so; or discontinue his services.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:03   #2513
BHPian

Hello all. Hoping some long term Tiago owners can help here.

My friend recently got a Tiago XZA (BS4 model) primarily due to some good reviews here and online. However, his brand new car (hardly 2 weeks old) is facing rattling issues from the top of the dashboard area where we usually places idols. This area has some kind of a rectangular plate (plastic) which seems to be the cause of the rattle.

Also, in the Harman system as well as in the MID, the Date keeps resetting to 1st Jan 2013, no matter how many time he sets it to the current date. This happens only with the date and not the time. He is also not able to switch the time format to a 24hr format.

Anyone faced similar issues and if so, any known resolutions?

Last edited by racer_ash : 18th February 2020 at 13:12. Reason: Added another issue
Old 18th February 2020, 13:06   #2514
BHPian

That place having a rattle is extremely common for Tiago and the Tigor. My cousin has 2 Tiagos and both have a rattle there. In some YouTube reviews also folks mention of a rattle on top of the centre dashboard.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:30   #2515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Hello all. Hoping some long term Tiago owners can help here.

My friend recently got a Tiago XZA (BS4 model) primarily due to some good reviews here and online. However, his brand new car (hardly 2 weeks old) is facing rattling issues from the top of the dashboard area where we usually places idols. This area has some kind of a rectangular plate (plastic) which seems to be the cause of the rattle.

Also, in the Harman system as well as in the MID, the Date keeps resetting to 1st Jan 2013, no matter how many time he sets it to the current date. This happens only with the date and not the time. He is also not able to switch the time format to a 24hr format.

Anyone faced similar issues and if so, any known resolutions?
None of the above so far however I am getting some rattle from right side front door and recently from co-driver seat. This seat noise is a new development. Again I can say that with ambient temperature difference the rattle noise also varies. With colder air it rattles more than in warmer air (Did not believe it when I first saw the you tube videos but can say that after personal experience). Mine is 9 months old with >6000 kilometers on ODO and driven only and only in Bangalore city.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 10:06   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Again I can say that with ambient temperature difference the rattle noise also varies. With colder air it rattles more than in warmer air (Did not believe it when I first saw the you tube videos but can say that after personal experience). Mine is 9 months old with >6000 kilometers on ODO and driven only and only in Bangalore city.
Like @rajivtelang says - I had this rattle in the old Vista I had. And it used to be more in cooler air - at night & lesser during hotter time. I have no clue why. After complaining twice, they finally removed the dashboard & did something. Back then, I didn't go into too much details of what they did. I suspect it was some rear side wiring or fasteners of the ICE or the holders for the AC vent ducts that were the culprits.
Quote:
I had this issue in my Nexon after delivery. Not just the date - the time also used to keep on falling backwards rapidly. Updating time was also a headache since even while editing, within seconds the time would reset randomly.

The fix for this is simple - just ask them to flash to latest head unit software patch in 1st service. Take a picture of the current software version (or note it down the old way!) and check after service about the latest version. The owners on this thread can easily tell the current stable version number for the ICE.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 11:27   #2517
Senior - BHPian

SHad my first long distance trip with petrol Tiago to Mantralayam (well after 6000km on ODO). Good to inform that the MID showed 21.6kmpl as average FE after complete journey. Assuming 1.5kmpl error I could easily get 20kmpl real FE. It showed me 23.3kmpl at one point in the evening on the way. I maintained 80-90kmph speed with light foot on highways and fortunately return traffic was very light yesterday evening including at KR Puram railway station. Total distance travelled was 818km to-fro with 3 people and light luggage. Car holds very strong on road with solid confidence. No shaking or tossed away effect when a heavy car passes by at high speed. Suspensions are great and bad roads are really ignored by the car.
Really happy with my decision to go with a TATA car compared to "tin ke dabbe" around.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 23rd February 2020 at 11:33.
rajivtelang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 21:47   #2518
BHPian

Funny experience today:

Diego went in for 4th service. Last visited 'Concorde' service centre on 27th March 2019.
Today same place (Worli) is Puneet automobiles. I was apprehensive about new people, so I went to drop the car myself (even though it was just routine service)

Funnily, and thankfully, ALL the people from the watchman to SA to receptionist to technicians - all same!

Watchman said ... "Bahut dino baad aaye sahab."
I said ... haan - gaadi sahi chal rahi hai. Koi complain nahi.
To which he says: "aaj kal sab yehi bol rahe hai. Tiago wale sab khush hai".

I asked my 2 favourite SAs - what's the difference between Concorde and Puneet ...
& their reply was epic ...
"Pehle sarkaari naukari thi ab private hai."
Kaam sahi se karna padta hai, chutti kam milta hai lekin sab problem bhi jaldi solve hota hai. Customer ke liye acha hai.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:22   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
"Pehle sarkaari naukari thi ab private hai."
Kaam sahi se karna padta hai, chutti kam milta hai lekin sab problem bhi jaldi solve hota hai. Customer ke liye acha hai.
Wish all TATA dealers are hearing this
Old 17th March 2020, 20:36   #2520
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians, I'm having an issue with my Tiago's gearbox. When I change gears or when the car is in motion, there is some knocking sound from the gearbox it is like a mount, linkage or maybe a throw out bearing is gone kaput. The knocking is felt in the cabin. The car has run only 8700 km within its 2 years of life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks