Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 19:12   #2551
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Did you find any lag while using Android Auto in the infotainment system? For me, it sometimes takes over 5s for the apps to change. The maps audio guidance will be up to date, but the map display lags by almost a KM, leading me to miss turns. Told the SA, and they updated the system OS. But the issue is still there.
There is a slight delay in Tata touch head units. Even in my Nexon, it takes 1-2 seconds for a tap to actually make a difference on the screen.

The map - its more a result of poor data coverage/reception on your phone OR poor GPS reception on the phone. Head unit pretty much only projects the data coming from the phone. I have also faced this when data coverage has been patchy.

Please ensure your phone GPS is ON & you aren't relying only on mobile data signal for triangulation & location data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Also, for me the car jerks a lot when going over humps. Do you face the same issue? I conveyed it to the SA during the first service, and they said they tightened some bushes and it should be fine. But it didn't fix the issue.
This is a very subjective matter so would be hard to really understand the problem from text. One man's bumpy ride can be "sporty" for another. The one way you can ascertain if there is an anomaly is - take a test drive of another Tiago (even from a showroom if you have one nearby). That will give you relative reference data. If you find the ride to be similar - no worry, its by design then. If you find a difference, you can specify to the SA better.

Tightening some bushes can never be a solution to a bumpy ride. So probably they checked, felt ride is fine & gave you some answer with a fix to convince you they did something. Its okay - that's what almost all mechanics do since majority of customers don't really know much about car suspension design & any answer pretty much has same effect.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th June 2020 at 19:18. Reason: typo correction
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 19:18   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The map - its more a result of poor data coverage/reception on your phone OR poor GPS reception on the phone. Head unit pretty much only projects the data coming from the phone. I have also faced this when data coverage has been patchy.
I think it may not be an issue with poor coverage or GPS reception. The audio alerts, like "turn right in 100m" are on point, but the display would show that the turn is in 1km, for example. If I stop the car for a bit, the display would catch up eventually. But the phone display lagging behind and by extension the car display, does make some sense. I'll try to see if I can eliminate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The one way you can ascertain if there is an anomaly is - take a test drive of another Tiago (even for a showroom if you have one nearby).
This is a good suggestion. I'm going to get the number plate fixed this week. Will try to drive the test drive vehicle when I'm there. Thanks.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 18:55   #2553
BHPian

Father and son in same colour
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200617_1743172.jpg  

SaiSW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 19:21   #2554
BHPian

Beyond comparison, still quite interesting

BMW Z4 - Tata Tiago accident.

https://indianauto.com/stories/bmw-z...cident-nid6254
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:53   #2555
BHPian

Hey guys, as my Tiago crossed 10k after 1 year 8 months. With the lockdown in place, I thought I do the oil change myself, so purchased Mobil 1 5W-30 3.5L, oil filter and a oil filter removal tool from Amazon. Total damage: 2100Rs

Tools used:
1.Oil filter removal wrench.
2.16 ring spanner/socket.

My orange blobby
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_181147.jpg

The tools and consumables
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_175256.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_175330.jpg

Out with the old
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200625_101530.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200625_101536.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_175541.jpg

Damaged the oil filter during the removal.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200625_101544.jpg

In with the new, put a thin coat of oil on the o ring and filled a bit of oil in the filter before attaching it back.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_181223.jpg

Drain bolt in place
Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_180622.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200702_181313.jpg

Loosening the drain bolt and oil filter took the maximum amount of time, especially the drain bolt alot of leg kicking used
Idled the car for 5 mins and did a 1 km test run, to check for leakages, came back and realised there was a small leak from the drain bolt, so took the 16 ring spanner and tightened properly.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:49   #2556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
Hey guys, as my Tiago crossed 10k after 1 year 8 months.
How old is your car? Is it under warranty? If so, you'll have to get the scheduled service (which will include oil change) done at ASC anyway; else, they will have valid grounds to refuse related warranty claims. Telling them you changed oil yourself will itself most likely raise flags.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:14   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How old is your car? Is it under warranty? If so, you'll have to get the scheduled service (which will include oil change) done at ASC anyway; else, they will have valid grounds to refuse related warranty claims. Telling them you changed oil yourself will itself most likely raise flags.
My car turns 2 on the 5th of October. The warranty also gets over on th 5th of October and i lapsed the 3rd scheduled service last year. I was aware of the risks i was taking while performing the oil change. The car goes to ASC for small work eg:wiper blades,air/cabin filter etc.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:05   #2558
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am going to purchase my first car- the Tata Tiago xz plus. The delivery will be made on next Thursday. However, I am confused regarding accessories. The sales guy told me that the car does not even come with floor mats.
So please tell me what accessories I should get from the dealer and what aftermarket. Thanks.
Old 11th July 2020, 21:46   #2559
Team-BHP Support

Got the second year servicing done for my XZA: engine oil + oil filter and brake oil were changed. The SA (and the TaMo Owners app) mentioned that fuel filter needs to be changed at 24 months; however, the manual says it has to be done at 5 years so asked him to not do it. Surprised that the fuel filter has to be changed so earlier, per the app and whatever manual the SA is following.

Also mentioned the sudden jerk on the AMT when starting from standstill; he mentioned they've done the clutch setting tuning (kiss point something, as on the bill). Although, I doubt they've done anything.

Pick and drop done, since the A.S.S. doesn't allow customers to wait.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 10:21   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
. The sales guy told me that the car does not even come with floor mats.
So please tell me what accessories I should get from the dealer and what aftermarket. Thanks.
I got the Tiago branded ones free. However, they told me the boot mat isn't available. So, bought it from outside, a generic one. Apart from seat covers, I doubt anything required as accessory. Tiago is quite loaded with features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got the second year servicing done for my XZA:
My father also got the 2 year servicing done for our Tiago XZA last week. Same jobs were carried out as mentioned by you along with the sanitisation. Bill amount - INR 4K.
Old 19th July 2020, 20:07   #2561
BHPian

My Tata Tiago AMT completed 2 years of ownership today. Quite a fuss free experience. There were few hiccups initially, but all seems ok now and I hope it continues. Let me sum up my opinion in few bullets.

Positives -
1. Quite a zippy one. Tata's were not wrong when they earlier named it 'Zica'. Engine has opened up and revs quite freely. Manual and sport mode is fun.
2. Interior quality. Quality of some parts such as AC vents(better than my Linea) are very good and can easily be placed in couple of segment higher cars.
3. Feature loaded including the Harman system.

Negatives -
1. 3 cylinder engine is not refined. It's not too bad though, if expectations are a bit low.
2. TASS experience is still hit/miss.
3. Seats are soft. Very much like our old M800 and not like our Tata Indica.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-photo20200719132926.jpg
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 02:06   #2562

Advice on buying a new tata car in navi mumbai

Hi I am new here. I currently use a 2013 Hyundai eon sportz for my daily commute (40km round trip). The car has served me well but I do find the power lacking (have to turn off A/C to get a real move on flyovers). Also the lack of a rear defogger/wiper is sorely missed in the monsoon. Since my father wants to have a car for himself, I am on the lookout for a new ride.

My requirements are:
  1. A safe ride. I have seen enough accidents on the sion-panvel highway to not dismiss them as happening to other people.
  2. A decently powerful engine. I drive sedately, usually 60-80 on the highway, but the 800cc of eon sometimes struggles during overtaking on flyovers with AC.
  3. A decent fuel economy. Since I expect a running of about 1000km a month, I want to stick with a petrol. (Increasing diesel prices also don't provide a lot of motivation to spend extra to get a diesel engine)
  4. A rear defogger/wiper, a reverse parking camera and a stereo with android auto support
  5. It's usually 2 people travelling in it 80% of the time, but I would still like decent back seat comfort for occasional family trips with parents (4 people).
  6. We intend to have a baby 2-3 years down the line. How important are iso-fix mounts or the usual seatbelt type child seats are enough?(Tiago doesn't have isofix).
When I began looking, I also wanted to try out a compact SUV, (tata nexon) to aid me better on the pothole ridden roads but I'd be stretching my budget too far. So I decided to look at altroz and tiago instead. Since they both share the same engine and tiago seems to be ticking most of the boxes, it is at the top of my choice list right now.

The new face-lifted tiago XZ+ comes with most gear that I'm looking for and is a good 1.5 lakhs cheaper than altroz XZ(on-road prices from carwale). Are there any issues that I'm ignoring in choosing tiago over altroz? I am yet to take a TD because of the pandemic. Can any members comment on how the new BS6 petrol feels? Has the tuning affected it's power delivery/noise levels. Also some tiago review videos on youtube mentioned that the cabin noise increases over time. Is that a one-off or is it observed by most of you?

Also since my dad can wait a bit, I am not a hurry to get a car. I can wait till May 2021 or so. Would waiting for HBX be worth it?

Also since I live in Navi mumbai, can any of the members share their experience with Tata dealership / service centers in navi mumbai. (I did search the forum, but the fortune motors experiences shared are as old as 2010). Any recent experiences? Since my office is near chembur, I can also consider getting servicing done near chembur if it is better there. Are there any outlets that I should definitely avoid.

P.S. How should I look at the recent closing of concorde dealerships/service centers. Should I be concerned at all for future service?

TLDR; Looking for a new ride to replace old hyundai eon. Have narrowed down on tata tiago. Asking for user reviews on BS6 tata tiago, also service/sales experience of outlets in navi mumbai/chembur.
digitalnerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 06:42   #2563
BHPian

Update: Finally bought a grey Tata Tiago xz plus on 16th of July .
I will post a detailed review from the perspective of a first time car owner. I am still learning to drive the thing and hence cannot devote myself to other things at the moment.
Damage done: 6.51 Lakhs.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200719_12551802_50.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th July 2020 at 06:50. Reason: Formatting
Akash.D is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 09:22   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Finally bought a grey Tata Tiago xz plus on 16th of July
Congratulations on your first car. It's always a special feeling. Wishing you many happy memories with the Tiago. This colour is one of my favorite.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 20:09   #2565

Quote:
Update: Finally bought a grey Tata Tiago xz plus on 16th of July .
Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy!

How was your purchase experience? How long was the waiting time?

I'm looking forward to reading your review since I'm thinking of going for the new BS6 variant and would like to read some real ownership experiences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks