Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 22:57   #2581
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan9876 View Post
I mean motor oil is of different grades and on searching for the petronas; on Amazon india only one vague result of grade 75W comes up.
Apologies buddy. But yes, no information on grade as such.
If you want to look for other brands, you can check what goes for Suzuki‘s AMT, Renault’s AMT, etc. I suppose that’s worth a shot to check grade information.

However, for Tutela Cs-Speed, Petronas website as well as few others shows below technical information-

Tata Tiago : Official Review-b4c11580d8b0480aaa28b59998b721a2.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 08:29   #2582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
It has been many days and the problem has not surfaced so far. However, I have noticed a humming noise while reversing the car. Is it normal?
That is quite a disturbing noise though. Make sure to pay attention to road and not that noise while reversing. Do not worry, that is normal. Every car has its flavour of that noise.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 23:51   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Apologies buddy. But yes, no information on grade as such.
If you want to look for other brands, you can check what goes for Suzuki‘s AMT, Renault’s AMT, etc. I suppose that’s worth a shot to check grade information.

However, for Tutela Cs-Speed, Petronas website as well as few others shows below technical information-

Attachment 2036505
Hm this is indeed problematic
1) Said Tutlea Cs speed is not available on the market for me as on writing this entry.

2) Considering that 75W is the specified grade I wish there was a way to confirm the same, I will be skeptical on relying on other brands AMT as thier systems might be different.

3) Lastly is gear oil/transmission/amt fluid the same?
Old 1st August 2020, 00:26   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan9876 View Post

2) Considering that 75W is the specified grade I wish there was a way to confirm the same, I will be skeptical on relying on other brands AMT as thier systems might be different.

3) Lastly is gear oil/transmission/amt fluid the same?
Since Maruti as well Tata uses Magnetti Marelli's AMT, I suppose it will be similar.

Also, gear oil/transmission/amt fluid aren't the same. This is mentioned in the screenshot shared by me earlier.
Old 1st August 2020, 20:41   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Since Maruti as well Tata uses Magnetti Marelli's AMT, I suppose it will be similar.

Also, gear oil/transmission/amt fluid aren't the same. This is mentioned in the screenshot shared by me earlier.
Gotcha hydraulic fluid 75 w grade; time toask the local suppliers
Old 5th August 2020, 21:54   #2586

Quote:
It has been many days and the problem has not surfaced so far. However, I have noticed a humming noise while reversing the car. Is it normal?
Yes mate, this is normal.
The Tata engineers informed me that the reverse gear is not synchromesh and he advised me to waite for 2sec before slotting into reverse gear.

I am never going to forget his words because while demonstrating this, he put the car in reverse, pressed the accelerator hard to make me listen the humming sound and suddenly 'DHAAM' the car crashed . Yes, he crashed my 6 month old car.

Rest is a long story. But they finally replaced the rear bumper with color mismatch and right side tail light, which is not properly fitted. It was a nice gesture by them. I have decided to keep the bumper as it is and fix the tail light by myself.

The car is Tigor petrol.
soulfuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:56   #2587
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing the following..?I own a 2019 XZA+

1) Backlit power window switches from older Tigor/Tiago?Maybe even from Bolt/Zest

2) Key illumination ring?(Missing in 2019 XZA+)

3) Will the new Tiago's front bumper fit BS4 models?If yes planning to upgrade to Tigors bumper as both are the same(only for the DRL's)

4)Upgrade to better spec spark plugs?

5)Can my Harman system be retrofitted with the rear view parking cameras?

6) Wiper blade upgrade?

I'm also considering getting a remap from Code-6.Should gain a meagre 8-9% power bump.
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 20:47   #2588
BHPian

Initial Impressions of our 2020 BS VI Tiago XZ+

So, today I did a 380 km trip (total odometer reading is 750) which is the first trip after purchase. Here are my initial impressions:-
  • Amazing suspension. There were a total of 3 people onboard and each of us agreed that the ride quality is very plush. The road was a mixture of good as well as bad patches and the car literally glides over the potholes. I feel the lower variants with 14 inch wheels having bigger sidewalls shall have even better ride quality. Yesterday I checked and filled all the wheels to 36 PSI as per the manual which I feel is a bit high. Keeping the tyre pressure at around 33 should also improve the ride comfort further. Fellow owners may correct me if I am wrong.
  • Since I have no prior driving experience, I am not calibrated to gauge the performance of the vehicle . I felt that the car has enough power and can easily go over massive speed breakers in the second gear. The acceleration is okay and there is no problem in overtaking. The brakes are quite capable and I didn't face any problem even in heavy rains that were our companion throughout the journey.
  • The car gave an overall fuel economy of 22 kmpl which is impressive. I drove the car for the first 130 kms and then the MID was showing 26 kmpl!
  • Special mention must also be made for the Harman made ICE. The speakers are awesome and comparable to my Swans.
  • Tata went ahead and deleted the AUX port from this BS VI model which is
  • I also found the horn placement to be very good at the beginning but not so much when I had to honk while taking a U-turn.

I wanted to click a lot of pictures during the drive, but as I said the rains played spoilsport. Anyways, here is a single click that I managed to steal. Many more trips to come once the pandemic is over.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tbhp.jpg  

Akash.D is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:24   #2589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuel View Post
Yes mate, this is normal.
The Tata engineers informed me that the reverse gear is not synchromesh and he advised me to waite for 2sec before slotting into reverse gear.
Incorrect reason for the whine in revere gear.
The forward gears have helical cut gears - reduces noise, reverse has straight cut gears.

You need to make sure that vehicle is completely stationary before shifting to reverse, sometimes when the clutch is new this can happen even if the car is at full stop. In such cases, shift to a forward gear and then shift to reverse - car needs to be at complete at all times of course
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 16:40   #2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Incorrect reason for the whine in revere gear.
The forward gears have helical cut gears - reduces noise, reverse has straight cut gears.

You need to make sure that vehicle is completely stationary before shifting to reverse, sometimes when the clutch is new this can happen even if the car is at full stop. In such cases, shift to a forward gear and then shift to reverse - car needs to be at complete at all times of course
Thanks for thr right information me brother.
soulfuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 10:22   #2591
BHPian

Took this photo some time ago. Just so happened to come across two generation defining cars of Tata, near to each other.

The father is proud of his son, he has grown the family fortune tenfold and didn't make the same mistakes his father made.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200617_174317.jpg  

Last edited by SaiSW : 25th August 2020 at 10:28.
SaiSW is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 15:35   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
  • Tata went ahead and deleted the AUX port from this BS VI model which is
If your car music system has Bluetooth connectivity, then its more practical and easier way than using an AUX connectivity.

Managing AUX wire, preventing it from getting tangled around is kind of irritating, also you can't use steering controls when connected via AUX (song change, call receive, call disconnect, volume control won't work)

About quality of music, I think it's same in AUX as well as Bluetooth. I hardly use my AUX cable kept in my car.
Old 29th August 2020, 18:18   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
If your car music system has Bluetooth connectivity, then its more practical and easier way than using an AUX connectivity.
My father is not tech savvy and has a jio phone which doesn't connect with the system via bluetooth. Hence, the aux port would have served the purpose. Having more connectivity options is always welcomed but Tata deleted the existing feature which irked me.
Old 29th August 2020, 18:21   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
My father is not tech savvy and has a jio phone which doesn't connect with the system via bluetooth. Hence, the aux port would have served the purpose. Having more connectivity options is always welcomed but Tata deleted the existing feature which irked me.
You can get a usb to 3.5 audio jack on Amazon for that purpose for ₹200-300
Here's the link to one of their best sellers:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08BXW7TPX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S8KsFb8CY5ERD
Old 29th August 2020, 18:50   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
You can get a usb to 3.5 audio jack on Amazon for that purpose for ₹200-300
Here's the link to one of their best sellers:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08BXW7TPX/..._S8KsFb8CY5ERD
This thing might not be compatible with car's system as it requires compatible OS to get detected. Or if you have used it personally then it is different story.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks