Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 19:35   #2611
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Long term owners of Tiago petrol, how abuse friendly would you say the car is? Rattles and maintenance are of primary concern. How's does the refinement hold up?
Have been seeing your posts about long term reviews of Tiago/ Tigor. Are you interested in buying one.
I was thinking to buy the tigor and got some owner feedback from my relatives and the feedbayk app.
Till now there was everything positive about the car with no issues popping up in cars that have around 90k kms on the odo. No rattles, normal clutch replacement was there.
My close relative have a 2019 tiago as well and he is very much happy with the service and performance of the car. No rattling issues and niggles as such in his 1 year of ownership.
Hope this helps.
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 21:15   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Have been seeing your posts about long term reviews of Tiago/ Tigor. Are you interested in buying one.
Hope this helps.
Yes, I'm in the market for a small AT hatchback. I do not want to go with another Maruti for safety reasons, cannot afford any of the C-SUVs without seriously compromising on other aspects of life. I am inclined towards Tigor but may settle for Tiago for the perceived higher resale value, in case things go wrong.

I've read a lot of stuff about problems with these cars, especially the AMT variant. There are general concerns over how long the fit and finish of these cars will last so I've been seeking review of the users here, yes.

Thanks for your feedback! Is any of the two cars AMT or are both manual? I've also read about the problem in AMT of sudden power loss. All of these keep me worried about owning a Tata in the long run - and I like to keep and maintain my cars as opposed to constantly changing them.
Old 20th September 2020, 12:17   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I'm in the market for a small AT hatchback. I do not want to go with another Maruti for safety reasons, cannot afford any of the C-SUVs without seriously compromising on other aspects of life. I am inclined towards Tigor but may settle for Tiago for the perceived higher resale value, in case things go wrong.
Driving Tiago for more than one year now, no issues what so ever. Completed 8K over one year. Doing well, rather addicted to the drive quality over my Ertiga. Rock solid and superb confidence building drive. And one more thing (my personal like), if you like diesel clutter/vibrations, this is a car for you. You will feel the clutter and vibrations in this petrol car

Quote:
I've read a lot of stuff about problems with these cars, especially the AMT variant. There are general concerns over how long the fit and finish of these cars will last so I've been seeking review of the users here, yes.
Go for AMT only and only if that is a must. I never bought AMT and do not like auto concept personally.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 12:42   #2614
BHPian

Recently while installing dashcam I discovered that there was wiring present for tweeters in the A-pillars. Mine is an XT(O) 2016 that came with only 4 speakers. So I decided to give it a shot and ordered 2 tweeters.

Link - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-tweeter-39703246

I received them today and using some screws installed them in the A-pillars. They were a direct plug and play. Noticeable difference in sound with them. Next have to explore if wiring is present in rear doors. As XZ came with 4 tweeters, I assume there might be wiring there too. Will have to check later sometime.

Pictures for reference.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200920_120109.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200920_120117.jpg
icem@n is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 12:55   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Go for AMT only and only if that is a must. I never bought AMT and do not like auto concept personally.
Unfortunately it is. I enjoy using a manual, I own a MT Baleno. The main reason for changing cars is the switch from a manual to an auto.
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:53   #2616
Team-BHP Support

Pune has had a decent rainfall in the past few months and unlike other metros, thankfully, we don't have a lot of water-logging (barring some areas. We do ensure that the handbrake is not engaged while parking after driving through rain but that was missed last week. A couple of days earlier, the car refused to move. My car (AMT) has a creep function and even with just a very mild throttle input, the car didn't move forward or backward. Not wanting the burn the clutch or damage the brakes, I didn't try beyond a few seconds.

I engaged and disengaged the handbrake a few times to check if the brakes could be released and left the car. Same story the next day but the car moved a few inches. By pushing the car, it seemed that the rear left tyre was jammed.

Called my regular SA and first he said he'd said someone but then said I should instead call Tata RSA. RSA offered to have the car towed. Not only would towing be 1.5-2k, this wouldn't be covered under Extended Warranty and the ASC would charge for whatever they'd do. I felt that they should try to check what the problem is first. Stuck brakes, although not regular, do rarely happen in this season and in most cases, this can be fixed without opening up the drum brakes.

Called up the neighborhood garage; the mechanic got the tyre out and in a few, very light taps on the rear of the drum brake, the brake disengaged. All it took was a minute or two of effort. 300 for this and pick up/drop for the mechanic. Drove the car around to ensure the brake could engage/disengage freely.

Will plan to get the brake inspected/cleaned soon. Wish the ASC/RSA was a little more helpful though.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:03   #2617
BHPian

Boodmo now carries Tiago JTP parts and accessories.Time to get the front bumper and grill
Sam.k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:24   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
We do ensure that the handbrake is not engaged while parking after driving through rain but that was missed last week.
Is this required for all amt cars? The Tata AMTs don't have a separate parking gear.
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:34   #2619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Is this required for all amt cars? The Tata AMTs don't have a separate parking gear.
Not "required" as such, nor specific to "AMT"s only. The principal is to avoid jamming the brake stuck due to moisture / humidity. This applies to all cars (including manual ones) that are not used for longer durations - especially in damp weather like what we have right now.

No AMTs have a parking gear. Its not needed. Simply put the car in "1" (Or "R" depending on slope) and switch it off. Of course - if on a slope - it is best to still use the handbrake. Better to get the wheel jammed.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 12:39   #2620

What is the correct tyre pressure of the new Tata Tiago BS6 XZ+ variant? I personally think 36psi is bit too much as it is not comfortable. Tata has recommended 36psi front and back but now I have put it in 33psi and the ride is far better and its more comfortable. Even when I went for the first service, the agent told me it should be 33psi but I showed him the manual as well the front door sticker which states 36psi. Any opinion regarding the correct psi in the 15inch tyres of the new tata Tiago?
Old 26th September 2020, 17:57   #2621
BHPian

TDed the Ignis AMT, Grand Nios AMT and Tiago AMT.
We liked the Tiago overall.

I'm being offered a single tone XZA+ OTR Mumbai at 7.44.
Any opinions about this offer?

I asked the SA about any upcoming diwali offers he says the offer given has around 40k discount and that for the next two months atleast this will be the best price.

@Mods, I will cross post in the car discounts thread as well pls delete as appropriate.
Relax&Cruise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 20:13   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
I feel its a bit too high. I know the taxes are higher in MH than in Delhi but my SA has offered me the same price for the Tigor XZ+ (exshowroom 6.99) after discounts.
Take the detailed breakup of the quoted price. Also check the RTO being charged, since it's the best way to cheat the customer. Try taking a quote from another dealer for reference.
Cheers and Good Luck
chiefpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 20:53   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
TDed the Ignis AMT, Grand Nios AMT and Tiago AMT.
We liked the Tiago overall.

In addition to what Chiefpk has mentioned, get your insurance quote directly from the provider. And ask the dealer to match the quote or get it done on your own. That's usually another place where dealers quote higher than normal.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 15:47   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I’ll post a complete write up regarding the HU replacement.

Yes you need a separate frame. It’s a standard double-DIN frame available for the Tiago. You can find it online. I painted it gloss black so that it would colour match.

The Harman HU acts as an interface to change certain car settings but the settings themselves are stored in the BCM. So I set my preferences and swapped the HU.

We had way too many issues with Harman HU, so we swapped it out for something more reliable and feature packed.

Apologies for asking again sir. I have a Tiago XZ(O) Dec 2019 Model and i am eagerly waiting for your installation guide so that i can swap the HU. My first DIY on my HappyDrive
Old 28th September 2020, 07:08   #2625
BHPian

Given that Tiago has different size of wheels in the XZ and XZ(O), is there any noticeable ride and handling difference between the two?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks