Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 13:39   #2941
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

A summary of my 5 and a half years with Tiago. Just completed 50k kms on my Dec 16 XT(o) petrol. Would have completed it couple of years back had the world not changed on March 2020. Has been a trouble free ownership mostly. ~60-65% of the time has been spent on B2B traffic with a good portion of that in 1st-2nd-Break ritual. Have completed quite a few outstation trips that have included 700+ kms a day.
Have serviced the car at ASCs at prescribed intervals.
Issues faced -
Back gear switch (controls back light, sensors) replaced within six months under warranty due to malfunction.
Battery was replaced in 2.5 years as the company fitted one went kaput.
Tyres were replaced at 40k as the company fitted Bridgestones were at end of life and became hard. Upgraded to Continental CC5 185/60 R14.
The car spent a week in bodyshop to replace bumper as it was hit by a rowdy auto chainging lanes without indication. Insurance claim was smooth and ASC service was good.
My car came with four speakers but later when i discovered that it had wiring for tweeters i added two in front after sourcing from boodmoo.
Added Aozoom fog projectors as headlight is pathetic. But now have kept it disconnected due to a battery drain episode. I connect it when I need it but generally kept disconnected.
Had changed clutch plate in last service in May this year as the clutch had become hard.

Overall it has been a very good experience an will keep this until an EV comes in. This will be used more as a city runner now due to lack of ABS and highway cruiser will come in soon (search on). Definitely a bang for buck given that i had got it for just above 5 lakhs. I am fully satisfied and infact got my family to buy another one a year back.
icem@n is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 16:58   #2942
Team-BHP Support

Finally changed the battery on my XZA at four years and three months. Strangely, the stock was 39Ah while all the replacement options suggest 44 Ah. Replaced with an Exide 44 Ah.
Old 27th September 2022, 12:53   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my Tiago XZ Plus (petrol) MT which I purchased as a second city beater car. I was never comfortable with the AMT gearbox and its default gear shift logic. Somehow after being completely AT for the last 4 years, I find the MT a refreshing change.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 27th September 2022 at 13:08.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 21:59   #2944
BHPian

A guy from an owners' WhatsApp group I'm in just posted this after taking delivery of his XZA+ from Lucknow:
Quote:
The showroom said that the left front foglamp and reverse left lamp is not there because company is not providing anymore.
He adds that it's just the bulb that is missing and the rest of the system is there.

I mean it's been a while since they removed one of the reversing lights but the fog lamps? That's a clear safety issue and if such practices have been started either by the dealer or Tata it should be brought into scrutiny. Could anyone who has taken delivery recently confirm this? Would like to know if this is something shady from the dealer.
Old 27th October 2022, 14:41   #2945
BHPian

From the official review post:
Quote:
The passenger seat is fixed at the highest seating position, thus if the driver seat is positioned low, the front passenger can literally watch over the driver.
I have a query regarding Tiago models which dont have driver seat height adjustment. Is the driver seat fixed at the lowest seating position or at the highest seating position?

The demo car I checked was one with seat height adjustment. I have booked Tiago EV XT which does not have driver seat height adjustment, so wanted to clear this doubt.
Old 30th October 2022, 03:06   #2946
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I'm taking delivery of Tiago XZA plus next week and would like to ask few questions:-
1) Is Tata AMC worth it?
2) This model doesn't come with rear parking sensors and Tata guys said they won't install it either. What are my options here?
3) Which accessories would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Old 30th October 2022, 06:44   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravankrishnan View Post
I mean it's been a while since they removed one of the reversing lights but the fog lamps? That's a clear safety issue and if such practices have been started either by the dealer or Tata it should be brought into scrutiny. Could anyone who has taken delivery recently confirm this? Would like to know if this is something shady from the dealer.
Please don't blame Tata here, blame the authorities who give them ideas!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5425187 (Tata Altroz : Official Review)
Old 30th October 2022, 07:01   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Hello BHPians,

I'm taking delivery of Tiago XZA plus next week and would like to ask few questions:-
1) Is Tata AMC worth it?
2) This model doesn't come with rear parking sensors and Tata guys said they won't install it either. What are my options here?

Thanks,
My answers as follows
1. Depends on how much your run is. I did not take it since my run is 6-7K per year. I have an Ertiga and that is my primary car. AMC is worth it if the usage is more IMO.
2. My tiago is the NRG model and came with OEM rear sensors. But I feel you don't need them for such a small car. Again cars like Ertiga need them but not small cars, again IMO . I never had them on my earlier Santro, Estillo etc.
3. I went for steering wheel cover, 3D foot mats, removable window magnetic sun shade mesh, central removable arm rest between driver and co driver seats. I bought them from amazon and carhatke sites. Can provide the links if you need. Always go for accessories that are removable and don't put extra holes in car body.

Your mention about TATA people not installing anything extra is correct. Tiago has a provision of extra 12V socket near hand brake and I requested for extra socket installation before delivery. They agreed initially but denied at last moment with multiple excuses saying they need to check with electricals, service etc. I had a heated argument with them then. I gave up finally and realized their technical capabilities and willingness for customer support. For any electrical modifications you wait for warranty to get expired. And yes, go for extended warranty for sure. Take the maximum available. It won't cost a bomb but is worth it. I took 2 + 2 which was the max available then in 2019.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 30th October 2022 at 07:07.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 08:26   #2949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1) Is Tata AMC worth it?
Not really. Unless your running will be very high and you anticipate replacement of wear and tear items sooner than planned. Again, there are multiple tiers of the AMC; and not all make financial sense.

Quote:
Parking sensors have been compulsory on all passenger cars for a while now. In fact, per Tata's website, the XZA+ even comes with a rear camera. Strange what the SA told you.

Quote:
Entirely depends on your preference: mud flaps are the first one to buy. I prefer 3D mats (so they don't allow mud/water to flow off to the carper) so didn't get OEM floor mats but that's another. Then there must be a host of cosmetic accessories you can buy: chrome garnishes etc.

Get a dashcam.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 14:09   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
3. I went for steering wheel cover, 3D foot mats, removable window magnetic sun shade mesh, central removable arm rest between driver and co driver seats. I bought them from amazon and carhatke sites. Can provide the links if you need. Always go for accessories that are removable and don't put extra holes in car body.
Thank you. Can you please provide the links for these? Especially the removable arm rest. That's a necessity for my wife
Old 30th October 2022, 19:58   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Can you please provide the links for these? Especially the removable arm rest. That's a necessity for my wife
Just go to carhatke.com and search for "tiago arm rest". I am seeing two results. Check which one fits your need. I thought the interiors of Tiago never changed right from first gen but I may be wrong. The one I got was fitting first gen as well. I bought it in 2019 when bought my Tiago NRG. It is a simple box structure that opens from top and you can put between front two seats from top, that's it. Remove when you want by lifting up, as simple as that.
Old 31st October 2022, 18:40   #2952
BHPian

Hi,

My tata dealer is saying basic accessories are mandatory and is quoting 3500 for that. Only for mud flaps and carpet.

Can anyone please confirm if it's really mandatory? Dealer is KHT Motors Kundanahalli
Old 31st October 2022, 19:31   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My tata dealer is saying basic accessories are mandatory and is quoting 3500 for that. Only for mud flaps and carpet.

Can anyone please confirm if it's really mandatory? Dealer is KHT Motors Kundanahalli
Update: I had a call with GM. He said it's mandatory and they can't even reduce it.
Old 1st November 2022, 00:57   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

It is NOT mandatory. You can outright refuse to purchase it.

Only thing you MUST buy from the dealer is the car itself and extended warranty/AMC, etc. (And the dealer is supposed to get the registration done, although you pay the taxes/fees to the RTO)

Beyond that you have every right to buy anything else from anyone who provides you a better deal (including insurance). The dealer cannot force you.

Generally, it is upto what you have negotiated with the dealer. In my case, my Sales Rep threw in both of these accessories without any additional cost to me as we had discussed it beforehand.

Try getting a competitive quote from another nearby dealer, that should bring your dealer in line. In all likelihood, s/he will give these for free to make the sale.
Old 1st November 2022, 07:00   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
It is NOT mandatory. You can outright refuse to purchase it.

Only thing you MUST buy from the dealer is the car itself and extended warranty/AMC, etc. (And the dealer is supposed to get the registration done, although you pay the taxes/fees to the RTO)

Beyond that you have every right to buy anything else from anyone who provides you a better deal (including insurance). The dealer cannot force you.

Generally, it is upto what you have negotiated with the dealer. In my case, my Sales Rep threw in both of these accessories without any additional cost to me as we had discussed it beforehand.

Try getting a competitive quote from another nearby dealer, that should bring your dealer in line. In all likelihood, s/he will give these for free to make the sale.
This is a lesson learnt for me. My loan is sanctioned (not dispersed). And everything else is done. Dealer has reduced the price to 2600. So I've decided to move ahead for now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks