Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 07:08   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Hi,

My tata dealer is saying basic accessories are mandatory and is quoting 3500 for that. Only for mud flaps and carpet.

Can anyone please confirm if it's really mandatory? Dealer is KHT Motors Kundanahalli
It is not mandatory but I went for it in 2019. I wanted the mud flaps for sure and replaced the mats later anyways. Point of debate is the charges of 3500. It is too much for flat carpet and flaps only.
Surprised to hear their seniors are also insisting on it. It will be too much to drop your car purchase from this dealer at this time but did you check with other dealer?
Old 1st November 2022, 08:59   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It is not mandatory but I went for it in 2019. I wanted the mud flaps for sure and replaced the mats later anyways. Point of debate is the charges of 3500. It is too much for flat carpet and flaps only.
Surprised to hear their seniors are also insisting on it. It will be too much to drop your car purchase from this dealer at this time but did you check with other dealer?
They didn't tell me during booking that accessories charge is mandatory. The initial cost was like 10k for entire accessories package. I assumed that it's optional. So, I didn't check with any other dealer at that time. My bad.

They have reduced it to 2600 now. But it's still too much I guess. But lesson learnt.
Old 13th November 2022, 19:55   #2958
BHPian

Hi,

I'm taking delivery of the car tomorrow. Can anyone please recommend me a compatible anti-theft alloy nuts? I have to keep the car parked outside for few weeks and alloy wheel theft is a real menace in my area.

Apart from nuts what else can be done?
Old 14th November 2022, 12:07   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Can you please provide the links for these? Especially the removable arm rest. That's a necessity for my wife
You could install this armrest

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ata-tiago.html (DIY: Armrest installation for Rs. 1800 (Tata Tiago))

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Parking sensors have been compulsory on all passenger cars for a while now.
I can confirm that the models with the camera will not have sensors. Great going tata! I have the xza+ dual tone auto. The most expensive tiago out there. No sensors, had to use aftermarket installations for it. Didn't care for the warranty breach. I am too used to beep beeps when reversing and a camera isn't good enough as I turn my head around to reverse

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th November 2022 at 12:22. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:27   #2960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I can confirm that the models with the camera will not have sensors. Great going tata! I have the xza+ dual tone auto. The most expensive tiago out there. No sensors
Absolutely ridiculous! I found it hard to believe at first, and then noticed a few top end Tiagos. What utter stupidity is this?!

When I bought my Tiago XZA (the absolute top end then) in June '18, Tata had just about started removing features - my car lost on the boot lamp, and rear parcel tray strings. It has just been downhill since. Great strides forward, but prominent steps backward.

For the PR / Marketing / Product Management persons from Tata reading this (which I know they do): please find better ways at rationalising / reducing costs. What are you adamant on blowing away not just the goodwill people have, but also, wither away the progress you are making with stellar products.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 12:56   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Absolutely ridiculous! I found it hard to believe at first, and then noticed a few top end Tiagos. What utter stupidity is this?!

When I bought my Tiago XZA (the absolute top end then) in June '18, Tata had just about started removing features - my car lost on the boot lamp, and rear parcel tray strings. It has just been downhill since. Great strides forward, but prominent steps backward.

For the PR / Marketing / Product Management persons from Tata reading this (which I know they do): please find better ways at rationalising / reducing costs. What are you adamant on blowing away not just the goodwill people have, but also, wither away the progress you are making with stellar products.
Absolutely mate. It's a bit bad to see helpful features absent on the top most variants. Let us pay for them!

Parcel tray strings were a big disappointment too. But i jugaaded up some for my car

The reverse sensors were an absolute immediate correction when I accidentally bumped into a flower pot unknowingly, expecting beeps to warn me. I had no idea they were absent when I bought the car. Being so used to audio warnings over years of driving, I had them put on asap.

Old 14th November 2022, 13:40   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please provide the links for these? Especially the removable arm rest.
Here is a removable armrest that I've installed in our Tiago. It's actually quite a brilliant product, it has plenty of storage inside and a bottle holder as well. Buckling up the seat belt is a tad more difficult but you'll get used to it quite quickly. Install it by sliding it in while sitting in the back seat.
sravankrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 16:01   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post

The reverse sensors were an absolute immediate correction when I accidentally bumped into a flower pot unknowingly, expecting beeps to warn me. I had no idea they were absent when I bought the car. Being so used to audio warnings over years of driving, I had them put on asap.

https://Youtu.be/Tif6h7rUzGE
The connection to rear reverse lamps. Was there any wire cutting/stripping involved or was it coupler to coupler?
Old 17th November 2022, 17:56   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
The low speed performance has not changed at all after the recent service.

I understand that the issue can be with a particular car, but not with two cars that have different transmissions (AMT vs MT), so hopefully different set of ECU calibrations.

Has any one else observed such an issue in last few months? If yes, how was it resolved?
Hope this issue got resolved if yes can you share your experience around it.
Old 18th November 2022, 16:20   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Hope this issue got resolved if yes can you share your experience around it.
We sold the Tiago couple of months back. Until we sold it, the issue remained unsolved.
JitendraK78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 18:25   #2966
BHPian

Hi folks,
Has anyone faced a humming/whining sound once you turn on the ignition key, this is before starting the vehicle.
Just like something is priming up and it stops after about 2 seconds...any idea what it is, i feel like it is the fuel pump, although no issues faced because of this...it's just this whining sound which is sort of welcome whine when you switch to ignition mode.
Old 18th November 2022, 21:55   #2967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Hi folks,
Has anyone faced a humming/whining sound once you turn on the ignition key, this is before starting the vehicle.
Just like something is priming up and it stops after about 2 seconds...any idea what it is, i feel like it is the fuel pump, although no issues faced because of this...it's just this whining sound which is sort of welcome whine when you switch to ignition mode.
What you're describing sounds like your fuel pump priming up. This is normal behaviour across cars and working as intended, no cause for concern.
xanthor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 11:29   #2968
BHPian

My Tiago XZ Petrol completes 6 years in this month. Around 52k completed. Suspension gives a lot of noise and the steering joint (heard this is something called "ball joint") which is to be replaced gives noise. Apart from that what are the major works I should carry out as part of service?
Is replacing the clutch plate necessary? Haven't replaced till now.
Old 5th December 2022, 15:59   #2969
BHPian

Has anybody got transmission oil changed in Tiago AMT?

Today, I got it replaced at an FNG with Castrol 80W90 transmission fluid. It took complete 2.5 litre. The old oil was black in colour and apparently had metal chips.

I did it as a proactive measure to extend ATM"s life. Hope it works out OK.
Old 12th December 2022, 11:46   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Suspension gives a lot of noise and the steering joint (heard this is something called "ball joint") which is to be replaced gives noise. Apart from that what are the major works I should carry out as part of service?
Is replacing the clutch plate necessary? Haven't replaced till now.
The suspension system has Balancer rod, connecting rod, strut (Damper), strut coil, strut bearing, lower arm etc. Most commonly the front suspension is something which develops issues. Plz check for bushes of balancer rod, lower arm, connecting rod and replace them accordingly.

My vehicle suspension has just started to make some noise & i'll show it to a proper mechanic not the ASC. There are plenty of videos on YT where you can get the details about this.

Most Viewed