Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2023, 13:15   #2986
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

It was a shock for me when a small car like Tiago needs three days for delivery after service. My Tiago NRG completed 4 years and had taken a service appointment today. This is where Tata service fails miserably. It has been more than 8 years since Tata started with very good cars but no real improvement in service network. I do not argue on service quality but time factor is not acceptable. This is just oil and filter change service but needs 3 days?
I was just thinking to go for new Brezza or its Toyota equivalent by selling off Tiago. Brezza too scored 4 stars in crash test and for me highway safety is most important. No matter how good Tata cars are, one needs to be practical in buying and usability. I was a high promoter of Tata cars for years but that emotion is declining very fast after seeing the service concerns.
These are my thoughts after seeing the mess of service centres in Bangalore but not blaming Tata cars for that. It is just the service issue and perhaps the biggest one after buying a car.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:45   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0798.jpeg

Hi, can anybody please help me with the part number for the above? As you can see the rubber pipe is broken and torn.

Also, can it be replaced as DIY? And any issues to the engine with this being damaged?
Old 12th June 2023, 15:04   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Hey Everyone, I need some advice.

I'm looking for advice on the following points 1. Should I take it to the Tata Authorised service centre and ask for a second opinion?
2. Should I take the car to the service centre or the local workshop for the replacement of the sensor if it is necessary?
3. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Note: I'll update the actual part name once I collect the car from the Workshop.
Hey nmenon,

With a similar experience of getting stranded multiple times with my 2019 Tiago, I would advice you to take a closer look at the ECU of the car.

Just like You I have tried multiple part changes (Fuse upgrade, starter motor upgrade, sensor replacements, fuel tanks and fuel pump cleaning ...etc) all as adviced by SC - all in a span of 2 years.
Car had stalled couple of times during running and also had multiple instances of not cranking after having parked for sometime.
I had to use tow services couple of times due to this issue and worse part is my aged parents got stuck due to this after they were planning to return back home after a function (with atleast 1.5 hr Drive)
At times it was also observed that after leaving the car for couple of hours and another attempt of crank would fire up the car, just like normal.

In my case the issue was more persistent after having the car refueled. Hence naturally we thought it had something to do with fuel adulteration, clogged fuel lines or debris in fuel tank.

After multiple healthchecks, replacements and cleanups I felt in the back of my mind that ECU could be the culprit as even when the car was brand new (within a week) after an hour's drive it used to throw out the CEL warnings, mostly getting disappeared by itself in the next cranking.

By mid 2022 we were sick of getting stranded, visiting SCs and skeptical on using the car even for short rides we made up our mind to get the ECU replaced and then observe. SC as expected kept vouching for ECUs quality, I kept my stand and insisted on this as every other parts / checks were done from their end.
Car was also on Extended Warranty and finally the call was taken.

Had to leave the car at SC for a week as the part had to arrive and they needed the car to be there until part arrived as it was under claim

Finally got the car back after a week with part replacement free of cost (the unit alone was Expensive by 13K change plus labor)
Total billing cost was ~15K, but nothing paid from my end.

Since then never had the issue pop up except for once. But I believe this to be due to weak battery - now with a new battery in place never had the issue so far in almost 1+ year, touchwood

Last edited by unni246 : 12th June 2023 at 15:08. Reason: Line addition
unni246 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 19:29   #2989

Hi,

I have recently booked a tiago 2023 BS6PS2 XT variant. The vehicle will be ready for delivery in couple of days. All the features were a right fit except the missing rear defogger and wiper. As its rainy season in kerala it will be sorely missed.

Can you experts please guide me in the right direction to a setup which has an all time on reverse camera/need to use basis type.

It would be much better if it were display on the mirror along with the camera.
CruiserX009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 15:14   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserX009 View Post
Hi,

I have recently booked a tiago 2023 BS6PS2 XT variant. The vehicle will be ready for delivery in couple of days. All the features were a right fit except the missing rear defogger and wiper. As its rainy season in kerala it will be sorely missed.

Can you experts please guide me in the right direction to a setup which has an all time on reverse camera/need to use basis type.

It would be much better if it were display on the mirror along with the camera.
Did you buy an XT or the XT (Rhythm) variant? The latter comes with a reverse camera built in.

I recently took delivery of the XZ+ variant - the reason to select this variant was the lack of rear wiper in the XT variant (this variant had everything I wanted except the rear wiper)
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 15:20   #2991

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Did you buy an XT or the XT (Rhythm) variant? The latter comes with a reverse camera built in.

I recently took delivery of the XZ+ variant - the reason to select this variant was the lack of rear wiper in the XT variant (this variant had everything I wanted except the rear wiper)
XT it is, not the Rhythm variant. That is why looking for a workaround kind of solution with cameras instead of the defogger and rear wiper.
Old 14th June 2023, 14:20   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Hey nmenon,

With a similar experience of getting stranded multiple times with my 2019 Tiago, I would advice you to take a closer look at the ECU of the car.
Just like You I have tried multiple part changes (Fuse
Since then never had the issue pop up except for once. But I believe this to be due to weak battery - now with a new battery in place never had the issue so far in almost 1+ year, touchwood
Thank you for the detailed reply. The part that the independent Garage had identified (the AMT sensor as they called it) was the culprit for the issue faced in my Uncle's car. We took it to the nearest Tata service centre as the garage mentioned that it would take them over 2 weeks to procure the part.
It took Tata 2 days to replace the part and get the car back to us.
It has been running trouble free since the part replacement for the last 3 months.
I'll get the exact part name from the bill. It cost around 8k including labour to replace the same.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 18:11   #2993
Senior - BHPian

Hello Everyone!

We have recently booked a used Tata Tiago from Cars24. The car seems to be in immaculate condition, both physically and mechanically. It is a 2020 XZ+ with around 18,000 KMs. Is there anything we should be specifically looking at before getting the car?
Old 30th June 2023, 03:23   #2994

The Tata accesories are really good which are on offer for tiago.

Recently got delivery of my Tiago XT BS6PHS2. Took the underbody coating, Fog lamps 2 in 1, Reverse parking camera.

Planning to install the Tata Crosslink Wheels android system for the car.Seems to support apple carplay and android auto wireless. It seems to come with an integrated reverse camera and GPS unit support. Please advise if this ICE equipment is good or should i look at an alternative?
Old 7th July 2023, 08:23   #2995
BHPian

Tata Motors, one of India’s leading automobile manufacturer, Thursday announced that the Tiago has achieved a significant milestone of 500,000 sales mark. The last 1 lakh units sold have come within 15 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20230707_081344_instagram.jpg  

Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:51   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to install the Tata Crosslink Wheels android system for the car.Seems to support apple carplay and android auto wireless. It seems to come with an integrated reverse camera and GPS unit support. Please advise if this ICE equipment is good or should i look at an alternative?
Androids are all sourced from similar Chinese manufacturers and then "branded" and "priced" depending on where you buy it from. How much is Tata showroom quoting you for this unit? Android systems with Apple car play & Android Auto are readily available at the regular Delhi suppliers / Car accessory stores and installations are completely plug and play. So don't pay prohibitively high price for it at the showroom is what I'd suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Tata Motors, one of India’s leading automobile manufacturer, Thursday announced that the Tiago has achieved a significant milestone of 500,000 sales mark. The last 1 lakh units sold have come within 15 months.
This car, together with the Nexon, literally pulled TaMo passenger car business from the gallows IMO. Things were getting really dark - and some good strategy, excellent modern visual designs, and good mechanical reliability (not talking of electronic niggles) of these cars in majority cases, really helped the brand recover into a good market position. I sincerely hope TaMo remembers this, and keeps the Tiago regularly updated and with the times.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 11:06   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I sincerely hope TaMo remembers this, and keeps the Tiago regularly updated and with the times.
True that. I hope so too. Tiago was originally launched in 2016 so it's already 7 years old although it received a comprehensive face-lift and TATA has done well to keep it fresh and has added all the bells and hustles. I hope after the current round of updates to Nexon, Harrier, Safari, TATA starts or has already started working on updates to Tiago.
Old 8th July 2023, 12:01   #2998
Senior - BHPian

I am a proud owner of Tiago NRG, 2019. I am looking for a system with android auto but the current JBL Harmon system is simply too good with 4 woofers and 4 tweeters. Is it possible to get a system that has android auto but keeps same amplifier and sound quality?
Old 8th July 2023, 23:51   #2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
How much is Tata showroom quoting you for this unit?
They are quoting 26k for the unit with rear camera and gps unit. Is this fairly good deal?
Old 10th July 2023, 01:17   #3000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They are quoting 26k for the unit with rear camera and gps unit. Is this fairly good deal?
Okay - I'd say it may be worth checking local accessory stores / vendors in Delhi etc. for shipping to you.

Not sure how important Android Auto / AppleCar play really is, in a head unit that itself runs Android, and can locally run any required apps and a lot more than what the phone can support into it.

I have installed an Android + fully integrated Tata canbus system in my uncle's Tiago. He has been using it for nearly an year now. Doesn't have AndroidAuto/CarPlay - but he simply uses a GSM dongle / wifi hotspot and it works fine. We had paid around 16K for the HU+Canbus adapter+HD rear camera (the whole kit really).

I am presently using an Android HU in my Polo (with full Canbus) and Ignis (Canbus not needed at all). Both units do not support CarPlay/AndroidAuto - but work flawlessly and I never miss them. For reference - I use a stock Harman touch screen head unit in my Nexon - and so I am also a fan of Android Auto, and always use it when I use this car. (Telling this just to give an idea that I can live with an Android HU, without Android Auto as well.)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks