Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 22:30   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
When I sat in driver seat, I tried to push the seat back but found it stuck. Then I realised that it is all the way back to the limit! I felt that even at that position also it is cramped and the under-thigh support is also poor. No way I could drive this more than an hour without some ache starting in my knees or heel or back. Then I sat in the rear seat and felt it is even worse. 15 minutes would be my endurance limit in that seat. Even the Indica is better in space. ( I am 5'10" and 80kg) I thanked them and returned without even taking the TD.
Interesting, from the main review it would seem that S2 was okay with the driving position (he mentions that he's 5' 10" as well). But your comment about the under thigh support seems to be backed up by friendly mod Vid (noted in the review).
I am not surprised that the Zica is a little tighter on overall space, but do you think the seat height adjustment could have played a role in feeling cramped in the driver's seat? Perhaps that and the steering tilt adjustment both?
Old 17th March 2016, 22:54   #317
BHPian

Regularly receiving calls from Tata Motors (and dealer - Concorde too)
- Tiago available for display
- valuation of exchange car
- Tiago available for test drive
- features of the car.

Multiple phone calls now, if I may say so!
Better than when I had enquired for the Zest and Nano GenX
Old 18th March 2016, 08:29   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Interesting, from the main review it would seem that S2 was okay with the driving position (he mentions that he's 5' 10" as well). But your comment about the under thigh support seems to be backed up by friendly mod Vid (noted in the review).
I am not surprised that the Zica is a little tighter on overall space, but do you think the seat height adjustment could have played a role in feeling cramped in the driver's seat? Perhaps that and the steering tilt adjustment both?
When I sat in driver's seat, it was at highest point with two finger widths of head room. When I tried lowering it I found it goes into a angular, knees-up position which was not comfortable either. I did not try adjusting the steering.
You are right partly that I should have spent more time trying to get a optimum position, but I still feel it would have improved the seating comfort only slightly. It would not be a comfortable place for long journeys.

I an not buying Tiago. Tata should apply Tiago's look, quality and features on Bolt without changing the power train and that's when it gets interesting.

Two more factors affecting opinion about space:
1.The age of the person: As a middle aged person, I am more sensitive to seating position comfort than an youngster. The discomfort and ache sets in rather soon as the age builds up. My 1hr limit could be perhaps many hours for somone in 20s. I should have given this disclaimer in my first post .
2. Previous car experience: i spent a lot of time in Vista (my previous car) and used to the space and seating comfort. Some one who spent more time in not-so-spacious cabins might feel Tiago's as acceptable.
SKavuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 21:00   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Regularly receiving calls from Tata Motors (and dealer - Concorde too)
- Tiago available for display
- valuation of exchange car
- Tiago available for test drive
- features of the car.

Multiple phone calls now, if I may say so!
Better than when I had enquired for the Zest and Nano GenX
Yep they are, I have booked one from Concorde Delhi. They are very prompt in following up.
Some observations:
1. They are still referring to TIAGO as ZICA in between and apologizing for the same which is understandable.
2. They charged me 11,000 for booking amount and did not give me cash receipt for 6 days:

First few days it was "Sir, your booking is done congratulations we will send the cash receipt in a day to your house"
"Sir, TATA CRM is not working and cashier not available, you don't worry your booking is done" which actually I told them if you haven't made a payment in the CRM how can you book it?

I had my first experience of TATA customer care which went as followed:

1. Customer care : " Thanks for calling TATA what seemed to be the issue"?
Me : " I have made cash payment but no receipt till now, Dealer is mentioning a CRM issue"
Customer care : "Sir, here is the CRM customer care number ------, please call that number they would assist you, we can't do anything from our side"
2. CRM CC (after on hold for 15 minutes): "Hello sir, please connect me with the dealer, and we will help you." I got the dealer on conference call, CRM representative disconnected

Hmm.. Maybe this is the TATA experience people are warning me about or maybe this does happen (I am a newbie in buying experience and such), I again called the customer care to see if I can get them to keep a note of what all is happening.

3. Customer care: " Hi Sir, would you like to log a complaint against the dealer"
Me: "No, I would not. I am not sure if the dealer is taking me for a ride or has a genuine CRM problem"
CC: "We can't help you, this number is only for logging complaints so we can take action"
Me: " OK, lemme check with dealer and wait for a day"

Next step for me was getting customer care email ID from the call and I wrote an email CC'ing the dealer representative email ID.
Next day I got an email Congratulating me for booking of TATA TIAGO with booking number.

Couple of observations:

1. They said they did not process my booking as I did not provide my PAN CARD to them and AADHAR CARD for which I declined promptly saying I would only provide the same when paying for the car once prices are revealed and I receive a test drove of Diesel model which as of tomorrow still isn't available for test drive in the showroom.
2. They put my address wrong the the Cash receipt and mentioned I have provided them a FORM 60 which I never did.

I have CC"d the customer care email ID provided by TATA and mentioned the discrepancies so as to have a record at a later stage.

They are on your back for AADHAR and PAN card details to provide me with finance schemes to which I have told them i will wait for official prices and test drive to happen.

If anything I should be careful about please do share.

Thanks for reading.
Ps_o is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:10   #320
Senior - BHPian

Zica aka Tiago seems to be the right car in petrol and diesel variants which is fully loaded with all the goodies needed or available only in the top end, need to appreciate TATA for making it possible in TIAGO. I personally felt the petrol version has that punch missing however for the fact that it is a 3 cyl 1.1 Lt engine with multi drive mode (Eco & City), Dual path suspension for smooth drive. Car feels light and the steering is very responsive as company claims has ePAS for stress-free maneuvering, car comes with parking sensor which is a an advantage, in gear with shift recommendation plus the many other like Air bags, ABS, EBD and CSC (corner stability control). As far as ICE is concerned TATA has not disappointed in this segment the car comes with 8 speakers exclusively developed by Harman with surround sound effect. Smartphone enable navigation application. Dual tone interiors, sporty instrument cluster 3D headlamps and lot more packed in.

I feel this car is more a pocket rocket and am awaiting for the test drive of REVOTORQUE with 69 BHP the second powerful car in the segment as the leading car is the Hyundai i10 grand with 70 BHP being 1.1 Lt engine.

Awaiting for the car to hit the dealerships so we can own one soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-beatvszicavsceleriovsgrandi10dieselcomparo.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-beatvszicavsceleriovsgrandi10dieselcomparo.jpg  

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:14   #321
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago in white, looks elegant!

pic source: theautomotiveindia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:26   #322
BHPian

Tata Tiago launch again posponed to mid april.
Source: http://www.carwale.com/m/news/tata-t...o-april-22725/

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 23rd March 2016 at 16:56.
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:09   #323
Senior - BHPian

From the carwale link posted above

Quote:
However, our sources have confirmed that it has been pushed to mid-April, probably waiting for the culmination of the “Geared for Great’ endurance drive. Both the petrol and diesel Tiagos are running nonstop since March 15 at the VRDE in Ahmednagar, with the aim of covering 50,000km.
Old 23rd March 2016, 21:06   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps_o View Post
"Sir, TATA CRM is not working and..."
I have been hearing that issue almost every other time i have gone to a tass from 2007. Surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

But yes, this an indicator of things to come in the tata ownership experience. You have been warned
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:42   #325
BHPian

Had a talk with my dealer. He said that the launch has been posponed to second week of april and the delay is due to the end of this financial year. The on-road price in Tamilnadu will be around 5.60L (top-end petrol) and 6.70L (top-end diesel) and there will be five variants.
Ponbaarathi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:45   #326
BHPian

I saw an unregistered silver Tiago on the road today. Not sure if this belonged to a customer or being driven by a TATA agent.
It looked really nice and if the TATA badge was not present, it can be mistaken for any international brand.

Good job Tata
Old 24th March 2016, 11:26   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Had a talk with my dealer. He said that the launch has been posponed to second week of april and the delay is due to the end of this financial year. The on-road price in Tamilnadu will be around 5.60L (top-end petrol) and 6.70L (top-end diesel) and there will be five variants.
#facepalm

They will kill it positively before launch. 6 months from unveil to media drives to launch. For all the talk of a zippy car, it seems to be rather slow. Are they aiming for some kind of slowest-launch-ever title?

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but this endless wait is getting to me now.
Old 24th March 2016, 16:33   #328
BANNED

Just took a quick Test Drive of this car and I must say that I was taken a back by the quality of interiors that this car has to offer..definitely did not feel like it was one of the TATA car interiors..Great job there Tata!

I would echo what others have already said here regarding the Engine noise, it was on a higher note, even the AC.

The AC did a pretty good job by keeping it cool in this very hot summer! (God save Bangalore heat this year)

I was quite happy going through pot holes and relatively higher speed on the Speed breakers to test the suspension to my surprise I had a smile on my face.

The body Color interior panels looked really NEAT!

I found the rear legroom to be pretty decent for this size of a Car!

Looking forward for the price of this car. The dealer said it should be out next week !

Last edited by mohammedismail : 24th March 2016 at 16:34.
mohammedismail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 14:08   #329
BHPian

I verified this when I checked out the car. When you try to adjust the height of the seat, the entire seat doesn't move up and down - it's the back of the seat that moves up and down. So, anyone wanting lower-than-centre position will end up with knees-up position and higher than centre will end up with seat back high which will reduce under-thigh support.

Other aspects of the car have been covered well by other members so not repeating here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
When I tried lowering it I found it goes into a angular, knees-up position which was not comfortable either. I did not try adjusting the steering.
Old 28th March 2016, 17:25   #330
Team-BHP Support

My office campus last week had a Tata motors stall in the parking lot. I was surprised to see the Tiago there.

The car isn't launched and is already part of road shows, showrooms have display vehicles and have even started giving out test drives but the car is not even launched!!!

This is some really funny stuff. They are just killing the hype around the car with such delays.

In the last 2 weeks I have spotted the Tiago 4 times on the road. That's more Tiago's on the road spotted than the Tata Bolt. Heck I haven't even seen as many KUV1OO's on the road than Tiago's.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed