Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Is it the new ad of Tiago?
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:22   #378
BHPian

It's Fantastico!!

Excellent pricing from TATA, great options for Indian Market and hope of AMT coming soon.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2016 at 15:16. Reason: Removing the video link as its been posted in the earlier post :)
Ps_o is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:24   #379
BHPian

My quick observations of feature list reveals:
1. Even XB variant gets body colored bumpers.
2. Music system available only in top end (XZ) and second top (XT) variants.
3. ABS with EBD and CSC is only available on XZ variant, remaining variants doesn't even get it as option.
4. Option pack includes Dual airbag, hight adjustable seats, head rest, fabric seats, seat belts with pre-tensioner and load limiter. Available with XE,XM and XT in Orange and Red shade.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:44   #380
Team-BHP Support

Good pricing. But I'm not too optimistic about its success. TATA motors brand image in the eyes of a common man is almost beyond repair and it would take an exceptional product to really succeed.

Tiago blends in too much, if not for the price advantage.

What we really need to watch out for is the Tiago sedan. Beautiful sedan. Proper proportions for a sub 4m design. A starting price of less than 4L would be brilliant.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:47   #381
BHPian

From the pictures and reviews, the only thing Tata about this car seems to the badge.

Way to go! Eager to test drive
Old 6th April 2016, 13:49   #382
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pricing. If this won't get success for Tata then nothing can. A little disappointed that option pack won't include Abs too. All safety conscious people like me will have to opt for XZ only. Still, it's really good pricing indeed. Any figures of bookings so far all over India?
Also my color choice will be between brown and red. Orange will be a bit tacky for my taste.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:52   #383
BHPian

And one price comparison for diesel also.
All prices ex showroom Delhi

Mods, Kindly merge with my earlier post.
Thanks.
Attached Images

Sherlocked is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:52   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good pricing.

~6 lakhs for top end Petrol and ~7 lakhs for top end diesel OTR Bangalore is a very good pricing indeed

Now the expected Kwid 1L will face some pressure for better pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
4. Option pack includes Dual air-bag, hight adjustable seats, head rest, fabric seats, seat belts with pre-tensioner and load limiter. Available with XE,XM and XT in Orange and Red shade.
I don't think that the optional pack is only for those two shades.
In the picture from the launch, I see that a * is placed beside the point 'body coloured air vents' for the XZ variant
And that star says that it is available on Sunburst Orange and Berry Red shades. Optional pack is in a separate box.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-capture.jpg

IMO optional pack is available for those 3 variants irrespective of the colour.

Also see these two images from the review by S2!!!.
One variant has piano black surrounds(car colour Espresso Brown) for the air vent and other has Orange (Car colour Sunburst Orange).
The coloured air vent surrounds are available only in Sunburst Orange and Berry Red shades I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th April 2016 at 14:21.
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:57   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
With the use of old platform and old engines with addition of Turbo in a new design
Sorry you are mistaken; the engines are brand new in the Tiago. The 1.2 Revotron is an all aluminium 3 pot unit whereas the earlier Revotron(in the Zest) is a 4 cyl Cast iron unit which is different.

The Diesel Revotorq, again a 1 liter 3 pot unit is being used for the first time in any application.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:21   #386
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing!

I was disappointed yesterday when I saw the leaked variants which showed only the top XZ variant getting safety features, but Tata have indeed provided an option pack on XE, XM & XT variants with dual airbags, height adjustable front neck restraints, pre-tensioners etc.

I wish they had included ABS too in the optional package, even at an additional cost. The XB variant doesn't get this option pack, but I guess it's mostly an on-paper variant (as it doesn't even get A/C) to enable a low starting price.

Tata have done just what was needed on the pricing front, by pricing it lower than all its competitors. The diesel looks like the one that's going to bring in the volumes.

Tata's marketing department must now go all out and try both conventional & (especially) unconventional methods to take the car to as many people as possible, and convince them to try the Tiago out.

It's time for the old warhorse Indica to hang up its boots, I think. However, they may let it still soldier on as a "taxi special", at least during the first few months after the Tiago's introduction.

Last edited by RSR : 6th April 2016 at 14:25.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:38   #387
Senior - BHPian

A couple of things

1. Power steering does not find any mention in the feature list. So should we assume that it is standard across all variants? I thought the XB will not have power steering as well, considering it does not have AC.

2. XT gets only 4 speakers, while its the XZ which gets full fledged ICE with 4 speakers + 4 tweeters. This was something I had not anticipated.

Other than that, pricing is great. Hope the car succeeds.

However I think they should have given a free AMC like they did with the launch of Zest. Tata simply needs to offer something more than the competition in order to improve sales. Just matching the competition won't help IMHO.

Last edited by AkMar : 6th April 2016 at 14:41.
Old 6th April 2016, 14:51   #388
BHPian

Tiago Launch Prices, Tata ups the game

Auto Car India reports Tata have disclosed Tiago Launch prices at the heart of the competition.

Petrol Variant starting at 3.2 (Delhi).
Diesel Starting at 4.2 (Delhi).

It seems these prices are going to create a flutter in the market with a possible resetting of current prices of the car, Tata sure to get a good foot hold as the Tiago is a step up from the competition both in quality design and features as well as the Price.

Head over here for more information.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-401158.aspx
saargoga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:54   #389
BHPian

This is some serious disruptive pricing. Tata has put everything into this car. New engine, chic looks, great mileage, superb driveability and all this topped up with an amazing pricing.

We just hope that the Tata sales force and the marketing team now makes the best use of this opportunity. If these guys work well, I see significant competition to the Grand i10 (which now looks highly priced) and Celerio (which for me, is not worth the price)

All the best Tata.
Old 6th April 2016, 14:57   #390
BHPian

Re: Tiago Launch Prices, Tata ups the game

Excellent pricing all around, TATA has totally hit the nail bang on.
Potential buyer(s) on waiting list for Kwid deliveries may have something to look forward to.
Hope this generates loads of interest so we may see AMT sooner than later. TATA has really thumbs upped their game after BOLT pricing mishap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks