Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 15:14   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tiago Launch Prices, Tata ups the game

First look this seems to be mouth watering and superbly priced and all set to beat the competition. The car looks well built but for the ordinary 3 cylinder petrol motor it offers.

Only if they would have launched it with a 4 cylinder unit at this price it would be a runaway hit at these prices.

Hope they do well at least this time as Tata's are known to screw up even with competent products such as the Zest and Bolt with their patchy after sales service.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 15:17   #392
BHPian

That's some introductory price. I wonder what else Tata needs to do to get more footfalls. Saw the Tiago at a mall a week back and I would not have expected this price. It surely seems like a good deal for this range. Wish They had better trained salesmen. the guy who showed me the car had no idea about it and kept looking at small cards to read out data randomly. Looking forward to the first month sales nos. Tata has not made an impact on this front for the earlier few launches. They need a hit. Just seems around the corner. Hope the Tiago gets them cracking.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:18   #393
BHPian

The price is bang in the middle of small hatchback territory and I hope TATA can gain some good numbers from Tiago. It is priced lower that most of the competitors which includes Wagon R, i10, and Celerio and this should be good value for money.

Moreover the car has been generating positive reviews from the tests which have been conducted till now and it is step higher in terms of fit and finish, styling, and features than it's competitors.

Waiting to see how the market and prospective buyers react to it and IMO, it should be a good seller, approx. 4,000 units a month maybe.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:26   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Overall Summary: The impression you get when you see the car and sit in it is diluted once you drive it. The noisy feel and the vibrations are a turn off. If the price is at 6.5L OTR Bangalore (5.4 Ex Showroom) as predicted, the Grand i10 is not too far away 7-7.5L OTR Bangalore before any discounts. Anybody who drives both back to back will not fail to notice how smooth and silent the Hyundai is. The drivability is not bad.

I don't expect it to create any waves at 5.4L Ex Showroom for the Top End Petrol. Like the other Tata cars will do modest numbers. The other key thing is how the mid variants are specced and priced. A well specced XT has the potential to do good numbers.
Quoting myself from my post after doing a Test Drive (Post Link) At the current prices (which is a cool 60K less than the rumored prices I got from the SA), I personally would be willing to overlook the no so great drive experience. Definitely better specced and better built that any of the competition.

My concern after the TD was that it may end up being too close to the Grand i10. Not only is it way cheaper, it even undercuts the Celerio which in my mind was the key thing to get some success.

Also, saw this nice Infographic from the webcast that shows where tata is slotting the Taigo in with respect to competition (Image Source: Twitter)

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiagofit.jpg

I think Tata have done most things right with respect to the Taigo and the segment it is targeting. Hope it translates into numbers. Just good pricing has never been enough to sell Tata cars. Even today all their products (Nano, Bolt, Zest) are all well priced. Hope the other aspects like build, fit and finish and features are appreciated.

Lastly kudos for the optional safety pack. Inclusion of ABS would have been nice.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th April 2016 at 15:30.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 15:26   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

16 variants for 2 engine options. Woah, they sure seem to be going all guns blazing. What is the roadmap for an auto version? In the works? Someone in the family was looking for the Celerio zxi AMT (~5.10 ex-showroom Delhi). With the current pricing there sure is enough room to undercut Celerio (a XZ AMT variant maybe).
Old 6th April 2016, 15:31   #396
BHPian

Great pricing indeed! Hope Tiago can bring some good fortune to TATA.

Had a chance to TD Tiago last week at Kochi. I loved the tiny yet responsive Revotorq engine. Interior is nice. Rear legroom was awesome for a hatch of this size. I felt the rear seat can accommodate 3 medium built people without much fuss. The only thing I did not like was the light steering and wierd vibration of the ORVMs while revving up to shift gears. May be because I am used to the hydraulic steering of Figo. Its going to be a very very VFM car in its segment.

Last edited by hardoop : 6th April 2016 at 15:37.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:50   #397
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb pricing.

TATA it feels has done almost all it can. It makes competition cars feels overpriced.

Messi name coming on in Panama Papers leak could offset the positivity he is expected to bring to the campaign.

TATA should go a bit more aggressive with the marketing.

Love the value proposition overall. Hope they succeed.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:55   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Good pricing. But I'm not too optimistic about its success. TATA motors brand image in the eyes of a common man is almost beyond repair and it would take an exceptional product to really succeed.

Tiago blends in too much, if not for the price advantage.

What we really need to watch out for is the Tiago sedan. Beautiful sedan. Proper proportions for a sub 4m design. A starting price of less than 4L would be brilliant.
Agreed! Tata is not having a single product which sells 'best in the segment' in any segment due to damaged brand image. I am a big Tata fanboy but this should sell atleast 15k units a month as of now for proper success in future. The Alto sells 22k a month and that is surely not easy to beat.

If it comes close to Alto's sales within 3-4 years, hats off to Tata!
300 KMPH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 15:58   #399
BHPian

Fantastic pricing by TATA TATA has made a very strong case for Tiago to succeed. Will be tough competition for Celerio and Wagon R

They've undercut all competing models. This should create a strong platform for KITE 5, Nexon and the Hexa

Tiago will do what Kwid did to Renault. IMO this should mark a turn around in fortunes for TATA Motors

Wishing TATA Motors all the best to achieve the success they deserve. They've been trying hard honestly.

Price comparison with rivals

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-401158.aspx

Will this be the start of a new revolution of newer models forcing manufacturers to cut prices of existing hits. Brezza did it for Ecosport, possibly Tiago could also do it in its segment.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 6th April 2016 at 16:10.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:02   #400
BHPian

Well everybody has said it and I am reiterating that this is really disruptive pricing. This should attract attention towards TATA motors of Indian Car Buyers. People will start considering TATA cars in their choices and due to superb VFM advantage buyers will end up buying Tiago.

This will set the stage for Kite Sedan, Nexon and Hexa launch. Slowly TATA motors will be equally aspirational brand compared to its peers.

All the best Tata Motors, We would love to see you at the top of sales chart. Though dethroning Suzuki is next to impossible but at least achieving 2nd or 3rd spot is possible.
Old 6th April 2016, 16:11   #401
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Tiago is just the beginning. They also have Hexa, Nexon and Kite5 scheduled to launch in the near future.
Old 6th April 2016, 16:31   #402
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the price in Bangalore, vis-a-vis Celerio Vxi ABS which was in consideration by a friend I can buy a Tiago XT(O) variant and still save about 21000. Thats an amazing price by Tata. Is it because of the new MD well thats a mild speculation but nonetheless a good start from Tata.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:58   #403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
but for the ordinary 3 cylinder petrol motor it offers.

Only if they would have launched it with a 4 cylinder unit
Why is it in India that most people have this notion that a 3 cylinder unit is bad and a 4 cylinder unit is good? Even the Polo has a 3 cylinder unit. Triumph makes a lot of 3 cylinder bikes and these are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Will this be the start of a new revolution of newer models forcing manufacturers to cut prices of existing hits. Brezza did it for Ecosport, possibly Tiago could also do it in its segment.
I certainly hope so. It will only benefit customers.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 6th April 2016 at 17:07. Reason: Correcting spellings
Old 6th April 2016, 17:27   #404
BHPian

A great move my TATA.
This car looks much better than the Celerio and the ageing I10(IRDE) and with the pricing like this, Tata’s have a winner in their hand.

My only concern is that the Taxi fleet owners should not think of replacing their old Indica's with this new offering. This will definitely make many potential customers change their mind.

Last edited by .sourov : 6th April 2016 at 17:27. Reason: correction
Old 6th April 2016, 17:42   #405
BHPian

Fantastic pricing by TATA TATA has made a very strong case for Tiago to succeed. Will be tough competition for Celerio and Wagon R

They've undercut all competing models. This will also allow them to price the Sway competitively and shake the compact sedan market too. Imagine Sway priced at 3.75 - 3.90 lacs for the base petrol, that'll shake the industry for sure and ensure a lot of price corrections.

This should create a strong platform for KITE 5, Nexon and the Hexa

The product team has done its job, now its upto the marketing team to ensure enough brand presence and the sales team to train the dealerships to ensure the USP of this car is explained properly to the prospective customers

USPs of Tiago:

# Best build quality in segment
# High quality interiors (parts borrowed from expensive siblings)
# Excellent ICE (Harman Kardon with 8 speakers - 4 + 4)
# New product in segment - Fresh looks, nice curves for a B1 car
# Mouth watering pricing - will hit both the A and B1 segments

Tiago will do what Kwid did to Renault. IMO this should mark a turn around in fortunes for TATA Motors

Wishing TATA Motors all the best to achieve the success they deserve. They've been trying hard honestly.

Price comparison with rivals

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-401158.aspx

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 6th April 2016 at 18:11.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks