Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 23:18   #421
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Anybody got the brochure yet?

I don't see it anywhere on the website, or even a variant wise feature list!
Found this, but its old and doesn't have variant wise feature list.

Tata-ZicaTata-Zica-Brochure-Brochure_2112016144436.pdf

http://www.carcrox.com/brochure/Tata/Tiago
Old 6th April 2016, 23:19   #422
BHPian

Hope the Tiago pricing does not go the Nano way. Remember when Nano was first launched at Rs 1 lac and thereafter the price was increased saying that the 1 lac offer was for limited units only. Till then, looks like all other manufacturers have to revisit their prices to keep the sales register ringing.
Old 7th April 2016, 00:20   #423
BHPian

Kudos to Tata for a great introductory price! This product is better packaged than a Celerio and on par with Grand I10 and with a price lower than both. The performance, if not superior, looks to be on par as well. I was hoping that the Zest would turn the fortunes for them, but sadly it didn't. Hope this one does. Tata needs to do justice to this product by backing it up with the some marketing strategies that would connect with the masses and a good a.s.s. I mean Messi would be a hit elsewhere, but our Indian masses won't connect with him. They need to do something local. All in all, Tata's Horizonext in terms of manufacturing seems to be going in the right direction. I wish them good luck.
Old 7th April 2016, 01:34   #424
Senior - BHPian

As they say 'Je baat'

What brilliant intro pricing ! This is how public can be won over. Product & Price-wise, there's NO room for people to choose competition over the Tiago!

I always knew Tata was an old player doing its best to match the market expectations.

Anyday I'd rely on them rather than any new entrant like Kwid.

Hope they've stocked up well, there's going to be a rush at the dealer's showrooms.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 03:51   #425
BHPian

I can't believe the pricing I just read here.

For a small city run this fits everyone perfectly,
its not just a launch, its a start of new revolution...

Hmmm 10 yrs of Santro Seems to be making me go and have a test drive and grab a Tiago.
ghpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 04:28   #426
Senior - BHPian

Extrmely keen pricing especially the diesel which may not be a powerhouse but is a perfectly acceptable city runabout. This is brilliant value for money pricing. I hope people let go of their prejudices against the brand and see the car for what it is. All the best Tata!
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 06:05   #427
BHPian

It is very tempting. Looks like I need to update to Tiago. Superb pricing and hope it brings sales for Tata. If not already with two hatchbacks at the moment, I would have booked one.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:55   #428
BHPian

Note to moderators :- In a lot of lines Zica is mentioned. Please replace Zica in review with Tiago.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:59   #429
BHPian

Great pricing on the lower variants, especially petrol. Hope this becomes a hit as this is the only desirable car in the segment filled with undesirable ones.

Coming to the diesel, does the XM(O) with the puny 1.05l make sense at close to 5L ex-showroom when one can get the Figo Ambiente with that monster 1.5l diesel (fastest hatch under 20 lakh barring Abarth) and much more space at just 1 lakh more considering both come with 2 airbags and no ABS?

Last edited by theredliner : 7th April 2016 at 10:01.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:25   #430
BHPian

At last Tata has a good product with great killer pricing, just the kind of approach that was needed. After what seemed like endless delays the Tiago now seems to have been worth the wait, it looks like a complete package with good style , great interiors, and outstanding fuel economy. But this is just the beginning for Tata , with a worthy product in their portfolio, now they need to work on the dealer and service center experience. Winning back customer confidence will take some time, but if the initial lot of Tiago owners give positive feedback over the next 6 to 8 months then there will be no stopping the Tiago from being a best seller.
Old 7th April 2016, 10:37   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Great pricing on the lower variants, especially petrol. Hope this becomes a hit as this is the only desirable car in the segment filled with undesirable ones.

Coming to the diesel, does the XM(O) with the puny 1.05l make sense at close to 5L ex-showroom when one can get the Figo Ambiente with that monster 1.5l diesel (fastest hatch under 20 lakh barring Abarth) and much more space at just 1 lakh more considering both come with 2 airbags and no ABS?
In that case the gap between Celerio diesel (2 cylinder) and Figo Diesel is even closer considering that the Tiago diesel is cheaper than the Celerio diesel. The Celerio still sells speaks a lot about the negative reputation which Ford has in terms of 'After sales Service' and 'cost of spares'. IMHO Tiago being a segment lower and Tata's 'Cost of ownership' being similar to Maruti is going to favor the Tiago. The puritans and enthusiasts may still buy the Figo but the practical masses may stick with other options.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:38   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 View Post
Fantastic Car!
And yes, booked the XT(O) variant in Sunburst Orange shade!
Cheers!
A big congratulations!
If I am not wrong, you are the first (If not at least one among them) Bhpian to Book a Tiago. I do hope you get a very satisfying experience. All the best for your Fantastico experience!

To be fair to them, the A$$ has really improved in the last 1-2 years. I have a friend who has a BOLT and he is well satisfied with the overall approach from TATA. Any change in degree of customer satisfaction will only move upward for TATA as they are perceived to be quite low. Really hope future promises lots of Ache din for TATA and its customers
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:47   #433
BHPian

Re: Tiago Launch Prices, Tata ups the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
A great move my TATA.
This car looks much better than the Celerio and the ageing I10(IRDE) and with the pricing like this, Tata’s have a winner in their hand.

My only concern is that the Taxi fleet owners should not think of replacing their old Indica's with this new offering. This will definitely make many potential customers change their mind.
Do not worry, they have more spacious options like the Etios Liva, Verito Vibe, Nissan Micra, Maruti Swift, Vista and the old Indica. Tiago does not seem to be a good fit for the segment considering its dimensions.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:02   #434
BHPian

Finally Tata got the pricing right with what looks like a good product too. Wishing them all the best. Having used 1st generation Indigo for almost 70,000 kms, I hope they really succeed. Provide A.S.S and it should be good enough to bring them back in the game.

Between Messi was named in panama papers (his alleged involvement in setting up a shell corporation) the just a day before the car launch. first Zica now Panama, hope these just don't jinx the car.
Old 7th April 2016, 11:17   #435
BHPian

Tiago pricing by Tata is 'Fantastico'. Hope it gets the numbers that Bolt and Zest failed to do for Tata. Wishing them all the best. Hope Tiago is a success story.
However with 5 variants (and some more optional variants) I'm afraid prospective customers are likely to get confused. And there is still no feature list for each variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks