Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 11:34   #436
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

A great product from Tata with a super pricing to match. This will definitely shake up the segment,
Now since they have got some really good cars like Tiago, Zest, Nexon, Tata should concentrate on improving their Branding and Image along with tightening their dealership network and A.S.S,,
They should realize, they are not selling Trucks only and a good branding and marketing campaign will definitely help sell more.

Feels nice to see that india manufacturers like Tata, Mahindra are really improving their game in every aspect...
Old 7th April 2016, 11:34   #437
BHPian

Re: Tiago Launch Prices, Tata ups the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
A great move my TATA.
This car looks much better than the Celerio and the ageing I10(IRDE) and with the pricing like this, Tata’s have a winner in their hand.

My only concern is that the Taxi fleet owners should not think of replacing their old Indica's with this new offering. This will definitely make many potential customers change their mind.
Hello Sir,
Greetings!!!
AFAIK, when Zest and Bolt were introduced, Tata Motors had made a good move by not offering yellow board registration for them.
The Zest is not available in yellow board registration till date, and Bolt has just started in Yellow board registrations from March- 2016.
Considering the above fact, IMHO I dont think Tata Motors would allow Yellow board registrations for Tiago.
Regards
Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:00   #438
BHPian

Wao! Tata has surprised all with this killer pricing.

Finally they seems to have understood the game, create a market buzz, desirability factor and launch with a killer price, exactly what Renault did with Kwid and we all know its market success, Tiago deserves similar success.
Good luck Tata.

Last edited by S.MJet : 7th April 2016 at 12:02.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:54   #439
BHPian

Wanted to test drive the Diesel Tiago. But only a petrol powered Tiago was available for TD.

So, yesterday took the petrol Tiago for a spin, I was amused by the peculiar thrummy note of the 3 pot and was listening to it carefully.

The SA noticed this and told me - "Sir, don't get confused, it's fitted with sports silencer". I asked, is it an accessory to which I got a spontaneous reply - "No Sir. Factory fitted on all petrol variants".
(I just showed my thumbs up, for the sole reason of not being to give any other gesture).

But, with the tempting prices of the Diesel variant, I decided to bite the bullet and booked an XM(o) variant.

I also have an impending Alto 800 VXi(o) booking since almost a month, whichever gets delivered first, will buy it.

Last edited by five46 : 7th April 2016 at 12:55.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 13:14   #440
BHPian

On road price in Tamil nadu.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-received_993892167361742.jpeg  

Ponbaarathi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 13:16   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Anybody got the brochure yet?
I don't see it anywhere on the website, or even a variant wise feature list!
Here is the variant wise features/specifications from brochure available in Tiago website

edit: Brochure (pdf) added
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago2.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BrochureTiago.pdf (1.59 MB, 4563 views)

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th April 2016 at 13:21.
Latheesh is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 13:59   #442
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
So it depends on the variants for which the kerb weights of the Zica were mentioned. If they're for the top-end XZ variants, then I think the Zica's kerb weight happens to be just right for a car of its size!
Doubts on weight have been finally cleared!

From the brochure, the Tiago petrol has a kerb weight of 930 kg ~ 1012 kg, and the diesel's kerb weight is 1030 kg ~ 1080 kg.

This means it's the topmost XZ variants that have kerb weights of 1012 kg & 1080 kg, just as I had initially suspected.

So the Tiago is not unnecessarily heavy!

The top variants' kerb weights of 1012 kg & 1080 kg are roughly in the same range as the top variants of cars like the Grand i10 (petrol - 1003 kg & diesel - 1093 kg) and the new Figo (diesel - 1041 kg), both of which aren't too different in terms of overall dimensions.

It's good to see that Tata have not compromised on weight in order to extract the most out of every drop, even in this fuel efficiency sensitive segment!

Last edited by RSR : 7th April 2016 at 14:20.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:23   #443
Senior - BHPian

Grand i10 will be history unless Hyundai does like what Ford did with EcoSport.

Excellent Pricing by TATA, product does look promising too. And i can see that they have clearly positioned it so that they can place KITE5 well below the competition.

I havent driven this car, but surely looks like lot of thought process has gone behind it. Clean design, spacious, sporty, Hopefully no niggles and TATA might sell well (definitely more than nano sales)
Old 7th April 2016, 14:44   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Here is the variant wise features/specifications from brochure available in Tiago website

edit: Brochure (pdf) added
This featurelist explains a lot.
Iff you can manage without AC, the XB variant is fairly well equipped, keeping its price in mind.
I think XE / XM could have been offered with simple music system. Anyways it can be managed as an aftermarket fitting.
It really makes sense to go for Top Spec car and extract maximum pleasure out of your car. Top spec cars would fall well within the budget of many, I guess.
Old 7th April 2016, 14:58   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the first car that will die as the victim of the TIAGO would be a hatchback that will in most cases be standing in a corner without any customers' interest in the same Tata showrooms..."We are already getting pretty much everything in the Tiago...Why spend more and buy the renamed indica instead?"

The stop gap arrangement to kick start the HorizonNext didn't exactly work out too well in the hatchback segment at least. Now the Tiago makes a good proposition compared to the hatchback that Tata positions ABOVE it in the hierarchy.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th April 2016 at 15:02.
Old 7th April 2016, 16:28   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think the first car that will die as the victim of the TIAGO would be a hatchback that will in most cases be standing in a corner without any customers' interest in the same Tata showrooms..."We are already getting pretty much everything in the Tiago...Why spend more and buy the renamed indica instead?"
Precisely the reason why Tata Motors have recently started selling Bolt in yellow plates to the taxi operators.

Quote:
The stop gap arrangement to kick start the HorizonNext didn't exactly work out too well in the hatchback segment at least. Now the Tiago makes a good proposition compared to the hatchback that Tata positions ABOVE it in the hierarchy.
The Tiago lacks in one area in which the Bolt shines, i.e. a proper 4 cylinder engine. Both petrol and diesel.
Who knows that because of the footfalls generated by Tiago, somebody actually ends up picking a Bolt instead. Just like how Baleno did it for the S-Cross.
Okay not to that extent, but still.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 7th April 2016 at 16:32.
Old 7th April 2016, 16:46   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
The Tiago lacks in one area in which the Bolt shines, i.e. a proper 4 cylinder engine. Both petrol and diesel.
Who knows that because of the footfalls generated by Tiago, somebody actually ends up picking a Bolt instead. Just like how Baleno did it for the S-Cross.
Okay not to that extent, but still.
I certainly hope so, but IMO the segment in which this car is hoping to sell in numbers is the group of customers who will generally sacrifice the 4th cylinder first when a trade-off is to be made. If that wasn't the case, we'd never have seen the blue eyed WagonR or any car with the K10b in the numbers that we see today on the roads.

The Bolt asks for a premium (which is totally deserved of course, I even say my current car also deserves it ), when there is no way that it will ever be able to get rid of the Vista heritage. I don't see it picking up much. Tiago will in more probability cannibalize customers from it.

All said, I'm literally praying that the Tiago sells in jaw dropping numbers. No matter if the Bolt suffers. Something has to get the ball rolling for TML. If this doesnt, they should accept the jinx and simply start focusing on JLR and xCV businesses.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 17:13   #448
BHPian

Tata cars have a goodwill, in terms of taxi/cab vehicles.They are known to make reliable cars, people are aware of its brand, and even though not many bought it personally, almost everyone rode it at some time or the other.

At one point of time, everyone avoided buying Indicas as they were THE taxi car in India. But things have now changed. In Mumbai, even Ritz run as taxis today. Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze run as Ola Uber taxis today. Guess that bias will no longer work against Tata.

Second complaint was build quality, finesse of Tata Products. Tiago is clearly a much sophisticated product, even by peer standards. The Zest and the Bolt really marked the big jump from Tata. While pricing may have affected Bolt's fortunes, guess Tata corrected the mistake with Tiago's pricing.

The third complaint, about poor after sales services, need to be tested yet. But that can only be tested once people buy in numbers.

IF Kwid can build fortunes for Renault, there is no reason why Tiago cannot revive fortunes for Tata Motors.

I sincerely hope Tiago proves to be a hit for Tata. Hopefully, Kite and the rest will also walk the path of success.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 17:25   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Tata cars have a goodwill, in terms of taxi/cab vehicles.They are known to make reliable cars, people are aware of its brand, and even though not many bought it personally, almost everyone rode it at some time or the other.
You missed the most important negative point against Tata cars. The young boy/girl in the house or the buyer himself/herself saying "my friends will say Tata liya? kyon??". The ever so important "What will people say?" attribute of the Indian social setup.
I know people who have bought Swifts simply because that gets more approval from neighbours. Honestly. Stretching car loans for this reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
I sincerely hope Tiago proves to be a hit for Tata. Hopefully, Kite and the rest will also walk the path of success.
KITE = Tiago. It was the code name during development. Honestly I like Kite the most compared to Zica and Tiago both.
The KITE based notchback (CS) is suspected to be named "Sway".
Funky name...Reminds me of A.Jo. from Gone in 60 Seconds.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th April 2016 at 17:28.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 17:25   #450
BHPian

Took the test drive a couple of weeks ago. Tiago is loaded with features and is well put together. There is a slight thrum when the engine rpm is low - possibly owing to the 3 pot engine. But the test car hardly ran for 60 km.
Checked out other cars in the stable. The build quality has come a long way. The doors shut with a thud - seen only in European cars. But I checked a Storme and I could see the panel gap. Looks like Tata is concentrating on the new cars.

Anyway I booked one and they said the delivery will start within 15-20 days.

Yesterday went to check the variants. The difference between XM and XT is just 30k. But you get Harman infotainment, 4 speakers ICE, Rear sensors, electric OVRM and GPS navigation in the XT. Opted for XT and waiting for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg  

Last edited by Prowler : 7th April 2016 at 17:30.
Prowler is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks