Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 21:05   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
Went to Mohandas Motors Trivandrum to see Tiago last Friday. Looks like the dealership is closed due to some issues with Tata. So the state capital of Kerala does not have a Tata passenger car dealership anymore :-(
Tata launched their new show room "Trivandrum motors" near to Poonthura, opportunity Rajasree motors. Iam not sure if TD vehicles are available there though.
ontheroad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 02:18   #602
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Alrighty - listing it down again with corrections:

Grand i10 offers ABOVE the Tiago:

- Folding ORVMS
- Rear-air con blower unit
- Keyless entry and start stop button.

Am I missing anything else?
Trying to compile a fair list here. Will not list the numerous things Tiago has over it since it may sound biased and repetitive.

Will try and do the same for the Celerio soon!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 02:32   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Alrighty - listing it down again with corrections:

Grand i10 offers ABOVE the Tiago:

- Folding ORVMS
- Rear-air con blower unit
- Keyless entry and start stop button.

Am I missing anything else?
Trying to compile a fair list here. Will not list the numerous things Tiago has over it since it may sound biased and repetitive.

Will try and do the same for the Celerio soon!
Most gizmos are worthless if you actually think about it. Tiago may even score a few features over a D segment car but that would still never be a fair comparison.

How did the quality of plastics and fabrics seem between the Grand i10 and the Tiago? How was the rear seat space in terms of shoulder/leg/knee room? How was the seat bolstering and under-thigh support between the two? I had a very brief drive of the Tiago and fell in love with it but did not get to check out all these important details or do a back to back comparison between another car. Let us know how it compares on these aspects and whether the Hyundai feels Grand at all in comparison, considering it is quite a bit more expensive.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 26th April 2016 at 02:33.
Old 26th April 2016, 02:37   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Trying to compile a fair list here.

Fair comparison considering the price range? I thought Tiago was cheaper.

I have a Hyundai Xcent at home- the sedan version of the Grand i10. And if I'm judging only based on the feel of the interiors, I feel Tiago is almost up there with Hyundai. The music system and the seats beat the Grand i10 hollow, whereas Hyundai has a better finish.

I'm really looking forward to the Tiago sedan. With sexy looks and peppier engines (hopefully) as well, this would be a very very exciting package.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 21:16   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm really looking forward to the Tiago sedan. With sexy looks and peppier engines (hopefully) as well, this would be a very very exciting package.
The Tiago sedan (Kite5) is supposed to have the same 3 pot engine as the Tiago :(
Old 27th April 2016, 12:37   #606
BHPian

Took a Test Drive of Tata Tiago today from an exhibition of Tiago at Infinity Think Tank Building by R D Motors.

Key points noticed:
  • 1.2 L Engine is very good. There is slight lag after shifting from 2nd gear to third, but the third gear is very tall and I fell in love with the third gear. Awesome!
  • The Test Drive car was the highest version and had ABS, EBD and it was prominent. I took some curves at high speed and the car kept its composure.
  • The steering is very nice to hold. A must try!
  • The NVH level is pretty contained and the cabin is very silent at 90 kmph. Good job done by TATA.
  • The leg space is huge. With myself 5' 8" in the driver seat, a friend of mine (5' 10") could easily stretch his legs at the back seat behind me.
  • Harman Kardon speaker system is a pleasure to the ear.
  • The lowest model is without power steering and AC. The version above the lowest one has power steering and AC and is priced at 4.19 lacs on road in Kolkata with two year extended warranty.
  • The highest version comes with ABS, EBD, 2 Airbags, CSC (Slide Control ??), Harman Kardon speaker system, alloy wheels (personally didn't like them) and more and is priced at 5.25 lacs on road in Kolkata with two year extended warranty.
Overall nice job done by TATA!
gearhead_mait is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:30   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Took a Test Drive of Tata Tiago today from an exhibition of Tiago at Infinity Think Tank Building by R D Motors.

Key points noticed:
  • 1.2 L Engine is very good. There is slight lag after shifting from 2nd gear to third, but the third gear is very tall and I fell in love with the third gear. Awesome!
  • The Test Drive car was the highest version and had ABS, EBD and it was prominent. I took some curves at high speed and the car kept its composure.
  • The NVH level is pretty contained and the cabin is very silent at 90 kmph. Good job done by TATA.
  • The leg space is huge. With myself 5' 8" in the driver seat, a friend of mine (5' 10") could easily stretch his legs at the back seat behind me.
  • The lowest model is without power steering and AC. The version above the lowest one has power steering and AC and is priced at 4.19 lacs on road in Kolkata with two year extended warranty.
  • The highest version comes with ABS, EBD, 2 Airbags, CSC (Slide Control ??), Harman Kardon speaker system, alloy wheels (personally didn't like them) and more and is priced at 5.25 lacs on road in Kolkata with two year extended warranty.
Thanks, any feedback on the aircon performance, considering that is something which has been pointed out by majority of the members as a deal breaker, how was your experience?
Arkanile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:43   #608
BHPian

Quote:
The Test Drive car was the highest version and had ABS, EBD and it was prominent. I took some curves at high speed and the car kept its composure.
One must do panic braking to feel the composure of ABS & EBD at high speed cornering. I believe you floored the brake pedal but forgot to mention.
Just pointing out to eliminate the confusion which will incidentally.

Last edited by ampere : 28th April 2016 at 00:15. Reason: Fixed quote
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:03   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Thanks, any feedback on the aircon performance, considering that is something which has been pointed out by majority of the members as a deal breaker, how was your experience?
The test drive car was parked in the open for a long time. With temperatures around 40 degree celsius is Kolkata, the interior was like a burning furnace. But the AC cooled down the interior within minutes.
One thing I noticed is that the fan noise is too much, even at 2 and 3 speed. It was so intense that it did override the Harman Kardon speaker sound at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
One must do panic braking to feel the composure of ABS & EBD at high speed cornering. I believe you floored the brake pedal but forgot to mention.
Just pointing out to eliminate the confusion which will incidentally.
Thanks, I forgot to mention this, but I did.

One more thing I would like to mention - At 90 kmph, I braked hard and the car stopped in a straight line at a short distance. Definitely a .
gearhead_mait is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 18:38   #610
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is a the Tiago effect, Celerio is now pushing sales with 50000 discounts (25000 consumer + 25000 exchange). Though I believe the Celerio was was always over-priced to begin with compared to what it offered.
Old 27th April 2016, 19:24   #611
BHPian

Quote:

Key points noticed:

Hey, any idea on the vibrations ? are they manageble ? My colleague took a TD of a petrol and found the vibrations very high. Please suggest. I have asked him to TD on a different car from a different dealer just in case.

Regards
Diseltuned
Old 27th April 2016, 21:35   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hey, any idea on the vibrations ? are they manageble ? My colleague took a TD of a petrol and found the vibrations very high. Please suggest. I have asked him to TD on a different car from a different dealer just in case.

Regards
Diseltuned
The only way you are going to be able to find out is by checking out yourself. Vibration is a subjective matter and not correct to go by someone else's words.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 21:54   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
Went to Mohandas Motors Trivandrum to see Tiago last Friday. Looks like the dealership is closed due to some issues with Tata. So the state capital of Kerala does not have a Tata passenger car dealership anymore :-(
They closed down a couple of months back. A new dealership (forgot their name) is coming up either by April end or May 1st week in the NH By-pass towards Kovalam (somewhere close to Thiruvallam I suppose).

Cheers!
Old 28th April 2016, 01:08   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CSC (Slide Control ??)
CSC = Corner Stability Control. (Link)

Basically, the CSC module keeps the car stable and planted when you tackle a sharp curve on the road or rush into a cornering maneuver with semi/partial pressure on the brake pedal. It's like an extension of the ABS system, reducing pressure on the inner part of the front wheels.

Note:- The video commentary is in a different language but aptly demonstrates the CSC module's working.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th April 2016 at 01:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 15:10   #615
BHPian

Had a look at the Tiago and found it to be an amazing car in terms of the overall design and build quality. The HK sound system is the icing on the cake I would say. Fit & Finish is exemplary. Space at the back is not in the same league as other Tata cars, but I would not consider it to be a deal breaker.

Most Viewed