Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 18:46   #676
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Sales figures for April-2016 for Tiago is mostly of the dispatches made to the dealers and few customers. Major chuck of the dispatches not yet done, as many in our forum and other forums as well are waiting for the delivery. Sales figure for May-2016 will surely give a clearer picture.
Old 12th May 2016, 18:54   #677
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere Tatas plant has a production capacity of 2.5 lakh cars per annum. Considering the cumulative sales of barely 10000 cars per month I don't know why they are not able to make at least 10000 Tiago every month. There should be no waiting period at all. Seriously careless attitude by them.
Old 12th May 2016, 19:00   #678
BHPian

What's the waiting period right now in major cities?
Old 12th May 2016, 22:28   #679
Senior - BHPian

Finally in red.
Source - The automotive India forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20160512wa0001.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20160512wa0000.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 23:07   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I just enquired with the PANDIT AUTO at Pune and they said minimum wait period is of 8 weeks. I thinks this will reduce in coming weeks.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:18   #681
BHPian

redcruiser,
In Hyderabad, I was told its 8 weeks for both Petrol and Diesel. This was by Malik Auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Old 13th May 2016, 13:22   #682
Senior - BHPian

Here is the another picture of rare berry red colour Tiago

Source: TheAutomotiveIndia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:41   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I read somewhere Tatas plant has a production capacity of 2.5 lakh cars per annum. Considering the cumulative sales of barely 10000 cars per month I don't know why they are not able to make at least 10000 Tiago every month. There should be no waiting period at all. Seriously careless attitude by them.
2.5 Lac is installed capacity, and doesnot necessarily mean its ready to make that many cars right away. Tiago being a new car, it usually takes time to ramp up production. Also it depends a lot on suppliers as well, everything has to fall in line to make 10000 cars straight away. Even if a single component is in shortage, the entire production gets affected. Also this is the first time Sanand will produce anything other than Nano.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 17:11   #684
BHPian

Rightly said. and with TML's focus on quality, this time around they will produce cars cautiously and not just to meet demand.
With this vision, the success rate would be consistent.
Old 14th May 2016, 08:30   #685
Sac
BHPian

Read about a 50 tiago delivery yesterday in Calicut. Were any of the forum members present?
Old 15th May 2016, 17:53   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
2.5 Lac is installed capacity, and doesnot necessarily mean its ready to make that many cars right away. Tiago being a new car, it usually takes time to ramp up production. Also it depends a lot on suppliers as well, everything has to fall in line to make 10000 cars straight away. Even if a single component is in shortage, the entire production gets affected. Also this is the first time Sanand will produce anything other than Nano.
Which might be true but that is no excuse to keep customers in the dark and not communicate what is happening and set expectations right. Booking has been done more than a month ago and the dealer has no clue. A lot of similar complaints on social media and the PR team is quick to respond with a standard " We will look into it" and nothing more which is frustrating for first time buyers like me.
Old 15th May 2016, 20:47   #687
BHPian

So guys, sorry for being silent for a long time.

I finally got to drive the Tiago DIESEL. (not Concorde's fault, I didn't have the time)
To their credit they did pursue me quite courteously.

Point at hand - Tiago DIESEL - WOW !
Someone senior who accompanied me for the drive made switch off and switch on the engine 3 times !
We were all trying to hear the 'diesel' start. The clatter. The roughness. There was NONE !
The clutch was lighter than the petrol. The clutch was lighter than almost any diesel I have put my foot on. Revelation. No fuss. NICE engine.

Nice on TATA. Definitely the Diesel is better than the Petrol.
But I am told that TATA has stepped in and has made some immediate changes to the petrol. Will try to keep track of the 2nd batch of vehicles if they do make it as a TD vehicle.

Did a TD of a Zest just before the Tiago and made the Zest feel like an incomplete product. The refinement and improvement in the Tiago is definitely a BIG jump ahead.

As I had committed earlier, we immediately went for a Celerio test drive. (Sai Service Lower Parel). At approximately the same price as the Tiago - the Celerio absolutely sucks.
No apologies. The quality of plastics, the cramped cabin, the sheer lack of any 'features' whatsoever or even any safety whatsoever. I got out of the car half-way through the planned test drive route. The driving seat was insufferable. The car was rattling and there were actual bits of the dashboard panels that were VISIBLY LOOSE AND UNHINGED. Horrible. Wish I could have clicked a photo, but I wasn't least bit interested.
Tiago is a winner definitely. One has to be nitpicking to find cons. More importantly while the engine may not be a scorcher on the highways, THIS is a car I would gladly take on the highways unlike the Celerio.
So once again, I try and compare this to the Grand i10 (which although quite expensive) is the logical choice for someone who says 'Not a TATA' - then that's the only other 'acceptable car' which ticks almost all boxes, is acceptable, not ugly, not unreliable.

IF the Tiago gets AMT then hands down it's the car to go far. IF it gets AMT in Diesel - then it can be a game changer for the industry.

There are quite a few mentions of TATA sales on this thread itself - I must mention that Maruti sales was no better than TATA & on many counts worse.
The sales guy really did not know jack of what he was talking.
His comments on 'AMT & AGS' are fodder for the 'Funny comments by non-petrol heads' thread.
(wait - I should post it there)
& since there is a huge discussion going on about Car Showrooms NOT working on Sundays - let me highlight that Maruti does not work on Sundays, while TATA gave us a test drive at HOME away from the showroom on a Sunday.
The showroom was on and working uptil 8 pm in the evening.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 14:14   #688
Senior - BHPian

Spotted couple of Tiagos on road, looks like deliveries have started. It is a very nice and compact car. Good job Tata, and it surely deserve 15K sales per month.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:30   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Spotted couple of Tiagos on road, looks like deliveries have started. It is a very nice and compact car. Good job Tata, and it surely deserve 15K sales per month.
Sir did u just say 15000/ month ? I am not being pessimistic here, isn't that too ambitious ?

April has seen around 3K units of Tiago and in the coming months we can hope it will settle to a good number which it deserves. Honestly speaking I would be very happy for anything around 4.5K - 5K

TATA have got the first step correct in the right direction and from here on they should work further on rejuvenating the brand.
Old 18th May 2016, 19:05   #690
BHPian

Any news on the delivery status? Has anyone from the group got the delivery or knows someone who has?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks