Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-51.html)

IBtimes says that TATA has received more than 140K enquiries on Tiago and 20000 bookings. The second shift has also been started in Sanand plant clap:
Quote:

Tiago has gained great momentum and exceeded our expectations. We have received 20,000 confirmed orders for the Tiago and around 140,000 enquiries since its launch eight weeks ago," Business Standard quoted Tata Motors Managing Director Guenter Butschek as saying.

Test drove the Tiago today, and what a great little car this is! Easily the new king of this segment. I'm particularly impressed with how well put together it feels, and this is coming from a VW Polo owner. The seats and space are excellent and the cabin feels very good (except for the el cheapo door locks).

Disappointed that ABS is only available on the top end variant though. I think that's a bit of a miss there from Tata and hopefully, they rectify that soon and make it optional on the lower variants.

I should also add that I thought that the refinement of the petrol seems rather good and I didn't get some of the vibration issues reported in the official review. Maybe they improved it along the way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 3986929)
I should also add that I thought that the refinement of the petrol seems rather good and I didn't get some of the vibration issues reported in the official review. Maybe they improved it along the way?

NVH is more subjective than objective in most cases. Tiago has a 3 pot mill which irrespective of the manufacturer will have NVH on the higher side compared to a 4 cylinder mill. The ones who understand and appreciate the 3 cylinder characteristics may actually find the Tiago petrol unit more refined than other 3 cylinder petrols available in the market. If the comparison is with Wagon R, fair enough as both are 3 cylinder 4 valve units but if one compares the Tiago to the i 10 Grand with the superlative 4 cyl kappa, then the comparison itself may not be right as the price points of both vehicles are miles apart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 3986929)
Test drove the Tiago today, and what a great little car this is! Easily the new king of this segment. I'm particularly impressed with how well put together it feels, and this is coming from a VW Polo owner. The seats and space are excellent and the cabin feels very good (except for the el cheapo door locks).

Disappointed that ABS is only available on the top end variant though. I think that's a bit of a miss there from Tata and hopefully, they rectify that soon and make it optional on the lower variants.

TooK delivery of my car two days ago. The petrol engine is definitely refined but it might have to do with mine being a may manufactured car . Also, ABS is available is an option pack for lower variants

Took delivery of Tiago XT Petrol today. It was the first XT delivery from Chennai - they told. Waited for a month to get this delivery.

First impression when driving home: The steering is butter smooth and the wheel is small. Driving is almost effortless - and it rides over potholes and speed breakers without losing composure. I have been driving Safaris for a little over a decade and I always thought you need a SUV to glide over them. First time I was pleasantly surprised to see that even a small hatchback can dismiss them.

I weaved through thick traffic in the hot Chennai weather for a little over 1 hour and the AC kept the cabin real cool. I couldn't see the temperature meter in the panel. May be I have to twiddle with the settings.

The car comes with only one flip key and you have to order from Tata for another flip remote key. They gave mud flaps, logo imprinted mats and car cover gratis. It was a pleasant experience buying from Concorde Velachery.

I have blurred the owners from the delivery photo. :)

One of my friends was on the lookout to buy a car for his family usage and we were checking out and test driving cars from almost all manufacturers obviously with Tiago being on of them.

It looked really small on the outside but was surprised with the space on the inside. Test drove the XT Petrol and one thing which I didn't like was the vibrations on the gear lever. The other gripe was that at one traffic signal I was driving at half clutch and the brake pedal got stuck (similar to the issue that Swifts had some time back). I tried to replicate it and it happened yet again. I immediately did inform this to the showroom sales person.

Did someone notice this yet? It was the top end with ABS that I was driving .

Regards,
SV

I thought ABS with EBD was available only with XZ variant.
AFAIK the XM(O) and XT(O) only came with dual airbags but not ABS.
Did you get this info from dealer?
My good friend is very close to booking the Tiago and I convinced him to go for XZ because of ABS but this will drag him beyond his budget. If ABS was available in XM(O) or XT(O) he would gladly book one of them today itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesh4munni (Post 3987488)
TooK delivery of my car two days ago. The petrol engine is definitely refined but it might have to do with mine being a may manufactured car . Also, ABS is available is an option pack for lower variants

Took a test drive of the New Tiago XZ diesel today while I had been to Trivandrum Motors to check with my Insurance renewal. I just fell in love with this little car. It looks real small from the outside but the space is pretty good too. Even with the front seat pulled fully behind, I could manage to sit in the rear seat without rubbing my knees. Found a great driving position as soon as i got into the car. Steering was very good.

Though I could sense some vibration of the diesel mill, it was altogether refined inside and I really loved the gear shifts. There was a sense of solidity that I've never felt in other TATA cars or and comparable to other reputed Euro brands (I've not driven Zest/ Bolt). The ac was good too and never felt it to be lacking. The clutch was super easy to adapt to. I just loved this little car. I can't even imagine this costs same as a wagon-r. Driving back home in my wagon-r really kept me thinking. The same money but feel of the Tiago is definitely one or two segments above!

About the new (and only) dealer in Trivandrum, its sadly very small. The sales girl was decently informed and was very welcoming though. I just wished they had a better facility as this wouldn't call out or feel like a main dealership of Tata Motors.

Coming back to the Tiago, Cheers to TATA!

Quote:

Also, ABS is available is an option pack for lower variants

Interesting, could you share the cost? It appears that the Mysore dealer was not aware/didn't want to disclose this fact to me.

Quote:

Congrats on your new car and wish you happy motoring.

The official site for Tiago says Airbags are only available in safety pack. ABS is reserved only for XZ.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-capture.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 3987823)
Interesting, could you share the cost? It appears that the Mysore dealer was not aware/didn't want to disclose this fact to me.

I stand corrected- It is airbags that are available as part of an option pack and not ABS.

waiting for tomorrow to understand what the picture is..again any contact numbers/details for TML NCR will immensely help to put my paranoia to rest. Thanks[/quote]

Spoke with the dealer today, no information from TML on the allocation and dispatch details.
As per the dealer they were supposed to get 25 cars in the month of May however only 12-13 were received by them.
TML needs to gear up and sort out the delivery issues ASAP. My wait continues..

I had taken test drives of both petrol and diesel before, was leaning towards the diesel then due to the petrols unimpressive performance. That was more than a month before. Since my monthly running is about 300km only, I decided to TD the petrol again.

This time, the test drive car was brought to my doorstep from KHT motors. Immediately I realized it was a different car - no stickers this time, temporary registration and asked the SA whether it is a customers car. He replied it is a new test drive vehicle since the old one met with an accident. Indeed, the odo was showing about 2300KMs and I took the test drive convinced only a TD vehicle can do so much before getting registered.

Unlike the previous test drive, this car never felt underpowered and driveability was also very good. AC felt OK, the ride quality and the brakes were superb. Vibrations were very less pronounced, but I found the car having a good deal of clutch judder. This was prominent particularly while taking off in inclines with half clutch. Is it common for TD vehicles to develop clutch judder at so low mileage? I had almost decided to book the vehicle, but the clutch judder has put some doubts in my mind considering the car will be driven mostly in bumper to bumper traffic in the city. Has anyone else felt the same?

A really good video by Autocar India, taking the perspectives of 4 young Tiago owners and how they appreciate their newly-bought cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXuYBFYIzS8

Tata Tiago delivery gets crippled due to high demand for petrol model
Link to the article

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/tata-tiago-...-models-681204

As per the article it would take 8 weeks :Frustrati for deliveries to be normal

Quote: "Tata Motors was not expecting a huge market for the petrol version and hence was not prepared to meet the demand"