Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 10:43   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
any idea on the total bookings so far?
25,677 bookings so far, as per my birdies.

Waiting period has extended to 3½ months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@RavenAvi - Is this figure includes the cars already delivered or is it total pending booking?
Total.

Around 84% bookings are for petrols.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2016 at 10:55. Reason: added reply
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:46   #1007
Senior - BHPian

@RavenAvi - Is this figure includes the cars already delivered or is it total pending booking?

Tiago-Kite5 twins can easily do 10K together!

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th August 2016 at 10:47.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:57   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Extremely happy to see the numbers for Tiago. Its a very classy hatch design. I see one parked near my home - a white one with steel and black finished alloys. It looks absolutely top rate. Well deserved success!
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 11:25   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see Tiago numbers. Just recommended the Tiago over the Wagon R to a colleague in office. He had narrowed down to Wagon R, he personally liked the Tiago, but as usual was getting derailed by folks around with points like 'Maruti peace of mind', 'Tata car is not worth buying', 'Tiago is expensive' etc.. Of course, you cannot go wrong with a Wagon R. But he was a young guy buying his first car and I felt the Tiago would be the perfect option.

So I first suggested him to go have a look at the Tiago in detail with his parents (who were Maruti loyalists), do a test drive and experience the car. He did that and was more convinced on the Tiago. His parents also loved it. Final concern he had was the price which I clearly told him is super value for money.

End result is that he is convinced and is going to do the booking. Wait period is ~ 2 months for the top variant petrol.

Although I did not forcefully push him towards the Tiago, I did clear some of his misconceptions and kind of nudged him towards seriously considering Tiago. Hope my actions are not proved wrong
Rajeevraj is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 11:52   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Finally got delivery of my Tiago XT petrol after a 2 month wait...
Congrats! Doesn't XT come with alloy wheels? I see wheel caps on this model.
Old 4th August 2016, 11:55   #1011
Senior - BHPian

@swiftnfurious - TML is facing alloy wheel shortage and offering some refund (12K?) if you take delivery with steel wheel. That is what I read somewhere.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:02   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats! Doesn't XT come with alloy wheels? I see wheel caps on this model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@swiftnfurious - TML is facing alloy wheel shortage and offering some refund (12K?) if you take delivery with steel wheel. That is what I read somewhere.
XT doesn't come with alloy wheels. The top of the line XZ gets them. What you said about alloy shortage it true. Just that it was for XZ variant.
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 20:41   #1013
BHPian

So guys i again went to the TATA Dealer today and asked about the car. They are saying that there is some issue with the production of Red colors. They said that TATA sees the total number of bookings and selects the maximum number of booking of same color and makes them. That's the reason they got 40 Orange cars out of 70 cars last month, still 96 pending bookings for them.

Anyways I have given way and told them to get me Red or Orange color and I would be happy. But still need to wait for 2 more weeks.

Yes the current waiting period has increased to 3 months. I was told to wait 2 months and next week would complete my 2 months but I wont be receiving any car before 22nd August.
kanu2k15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 20:08   #1014
BHPian

At last I got a call from the dealer after yesterday's visit. I have been allotted a Sunburst Orange Tiago which is in transit. Hoping it will reach in 5-6 days and getting it next week. So happy now.
Old 5th August 2016, 21:04   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
I have been allotted a Sunburst Orange Tiago
Congrats kanu2k15, Sunburst Orange is a fabulous colour too. Wish you many happy miles with it.

Cheers
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 16:15   #1016
BHPian

Just FYI, the ExShowroom Price have increased for Tiago. Though TATA website shows the Price as Rs 489,019 but I got a new invoice today as below. Has the prices really increased?
Tata Tiago : Official Review-exshowroom-price.jpg
Old 6th August 2016, 20:06   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

Revised prices for the Tiago diesel variants in Mumbai, effective from 01st August.

Note that there's a marginal increase in Gold AMC & Extended Warranty packages as well.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 21:10   #1018
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tata should have utilised this post-introductory price hike opportunity to make dual airbags standard on the XM & XT variants, and a driver airbag standard on the XB & XE variants. The Tiago has clearly emerged as the best-selling Tata passenger vehicle as I had expected, with healthy sales of 5114 units in July, which is not that far off the Celerio's sales number of 7792 units.

The Tiago has also propelled Tata's sales to just within 500 units of that of fourth-placed Honda. With new launches like the Kite 5, Hexa & Nexon around the corner, it's only a matter of time before Tata overtake Honda to become no.4 on the sales charts again.

To sustain the momentum, they must keep adding value to their products at regular intervals. They should start making at least a driver airbag (two from the mid-variant onwards) available as standard on all their models. This will also ensure that the car gets a decent score on the random G-NCAP tests.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 15:27   #1019
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Although I did not forcefully push him towards the Tiago, I did clear some of his misconceptions and kind of nudged him towards seriously considering Tiago. Hope my actions are not proved wrong
NO, your actions are on the dot. Being a TATA loyalist and having used their Indica, Indigo eCS, Nano and the ARIA, I can bet anything on the products. They have only got better with time.

If TATA needs an improvement, its their support and more presence in terms of dealerships / service centres. Isn't this the main difference with Maruti ? I'm sure the company would make up for their loss and go ahead in much the same manner when they launched the Indica.
Old 8th August 2016, 10:06   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Got an opportunity to test drive the Tiago at Adya Motors yesterday and was totally mind-blown by the experience. Sales staff are definitely eager, though a tad under on knowledge. They had a petrol since diesel had gone for a show.

The NVH was great and I couldnt sense any vibration on the gear stick, as was reported by some members (maybe tata has corrected it now). The music system is the best in the segment and storage spaces are really great. Tata quality has improved by leaps and bounds, though I noticed a broken AC vent up front, a happy change indeed.

The only downer was the AC performance. Bangalore weather is great right now with average temperatures at 24, but the AC was struggling to keep the cabin cool. Dread to think of how it would perform in the summer. This has dissuaded us from going ahead with the purchase, unfortunately.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks