Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 05:44   #1081
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Congrats on your new purchase. Is this the petrol variant?
HappyRoadie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 09:40   #1082
BHPian

@kanu2k15, Congratulations for your new ride.

I am developing interest for this car but Tata ASS is holding me back. This is good car VFM, but about tata car service experiences lot of horror stories floating around. I don't have any negative with maruti during my 9 years of ownership experience of SX4 ZXI petrol. Now I will be downgrading to small car.

Last edited by omishra : 23rd August 2016 at 09:43.
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:35   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Hello guys,
So finally got my Tiago delivered yesterday. I wanted Red color but it seems some long delays
Great buy.... congrats. It's quite an insight that the infotainment system sync's when engine is switched on although it should not be.

Hoping to see a initial drive impression thread from you or any other new tiago owner.
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:55   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I found Venkataramana motors, Gachibowli, to be the most courteous among the tata dealers in Hyderabad. But, they still are a few notches below in treating customers when compared to Maruti showrooms.

Concorde motors is a horde of government employees. Even some of the Govt. offices treat customers better than concorde motors.

P.S.: This is a personal opinion based on my own experience.
I happened to visit the showroom today, to check out the Zest and the Tiago. The SA was present immediately and showed around all the cars available, also showed around the Stockyard since I wanted to check the other colors. I did find them to be much better than the RK Maruti Showroom at Tolichowki. Before starting the test drive of the Petrol Tiago, he mentioned that it was roughly used, never serviced and also had been in an accident, and prodded me to trash it. Went over a couple of rough patches and speed breakers at speeds exceeding 60kmph and only once, did the rear passengers feel uncomfortable, but this was the same spot where my AltoK10 got unsettled at less than 30kmph.
I'm very impressed with the Tiago's handling and the features make it the best bang for the buck.
Guru_DTSi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 07:29   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. Is this the petrol variant?
Yes this is the petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
@kanu2k15, Congratulations for your new ride.

I am developing interest for this car but Tata ASS is holding me back.
TATA ASS is a gamble but I suggest to go to your nearest one and just see how they respond to your couple of fake queries.
It might give you some insight on how they work. Also spend some time to see their work with other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
Great buy.... congrats. It's quite an insight that the infotainment system sync's when engine is switched on although it should not be.

Hoping to see a initial drive impression thread from you or any other new tiago owner.
It is not supposed to work that way but maybe it just needed some juice from the engine. I already have shared couple of thoughts I had on my first drive and it haven't changed in subsequent drives. I am hoping it will be smoother after few thousand kms of run-in.
I will try to get an initial review up soon after some time.
Old 24th August 2016, 14:16   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Read in yesterday's news in TOI that Tata is planning to introduce a performance version of the Tiago, and are planning to launch by November this year.
It also suggested that Tata might use the same Bolt engine they had designed for the Bolt performance variant (producing 120PS - but I doubt if the Tiago can handle this much power) or put in a turbo charger to the current 3 pot engine.

Since the bolt never picked up, the launch of the performance version was scrapped. Now Tata is trying to cash in on the popularity of the Tiago. Right thing to do I say.

Lets see if they can actually launch it by November.

I, for one, would definitely consider this if launched. The only weak link in a Petrol Tiago is its engine. Small car, great interiors, neutral handling, awesome sounding Harmon Kardon system and with the better engine, the AC should also work wonders.

If only they could price it reasonably and not get carried away.

Here's the link to the article from TOI

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/53828724.cms

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 24th August 2016 at 14:18.
Old 24th August 2016, 16:13   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
1. The infotaintment is nice with the GPS navigation, though it did took me time to get my phone connect with the car. Every tech expert in the showroom tried and could not get them connected. My phone showed Disabled in the app. Well it connected automatically after I swithced on the engine and started moving. Maybe it doesn't connect while in Ignition ON mode.
I have had the car for a 5 weeks now and connection was something that I was struggling with for the first few days. However, once you get the hang of it, it is actually pretty straight forward to operate - this includes the Navimaps app too.

1. Once the phone is paired with the infotainment system, you just need to have the bluetooth switched on in your phone and it automatically connects (both phone and music features). You need not switch on the engine to connect with the music system.

2. You can use G Maps for voice navigation too - Choose a destination in G Maps and switch to navigation. Press Media button in the infotainment system and it will now provide you turn by turn navigation.

3. Had an issue wherein I had set the destination in Navimaps before I connected the phone to the infotainment system. In this situation, there was no turn by turn navigation provided by the system. You need to connect the system with the phone and then select the destination in Navimaps I believe.

4. Playing songs and Making and Receiving Calls via Bluetooth is pretty straight forward. Works like a charm everytime.

The infotainment system started giving an error after about 2 weeks - I have music playing via bluetooth and I engage the reverse gear, the volume is automatically turned down (very neat - not sure if this is there in other cars of the same class. Never seen this in the i20). However, when I re-engage 1st gear post reversing, the playback pauses! Its a simple touch of the button (or simply increase the volume) to put it back on play but it was a bug. The folks at TATA KHT in Brookefield were seeing this issue for the first time. They caught it on camera and sent it to higher authorities. However, they fixed the issue on the very same day and handed over the car. No issues since. Happy and Proud owner
Petr0lHead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 17:24   #1088
BHPian

Tiago Sports rendering
Source: MotorCruze
120 BHP in this package, is drool worthy.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20160825wa0009.jpg  

carbhaari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 21:07   #1089
BHPian

Guys took the delivery of Tiago today (XM variant).
HappyRoadie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 00:18   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys took the delivery of Tiago today (XM variant).

Many congratulations on owning the Tiago!
There was a small hike done recently. What is the OTR price ?
Old 27th August 2016, 09:50   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Many congratulations on owning the Tiago!
There was a small hike done recently. What is the OTR price ?
Thanks for the wishes. It cost me 4.71L On Road.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:46   #1092
BHPian

Tata Motors unveils petrol version of Tiago in Nepal; priced at NPR 22.55 lakh. Rear more.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-29082016092658tata_tiago_car_launch_00041000x0.gif  

basubhatta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 14:24   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
Tata Motors unveils petrol version of Tiago in Nepal; priced at NPR 22.55 lakh.[/url].
That is Rs 14 lakh INR!

Any idea why it is so costly?

Girish Mahajan
Old 30th August 2016, 14:35   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Any idea why it is so costly?
It is imported to Nepal as a CBU, I guess. It probably attracts 320% duty.
Enobarbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 15:00   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
It is imported to Nepal as a CBU, I guess. It probably attracts 320% duty.
In India it is from 3.4 to 5.0 lakhs basic price.
So addition of 320% does take it to 14 lakh minimum! Ouch!

My understanding is that imports are taxed heavily to encourage local manufacturing. As far as I know, Nepal does not manufacture cars. So, I wonder if it makes sense! OR - am I missing something?

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed