Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 01:05   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshudas View Post
...Driven 400+ kms till now. ...

I am planning to drive from New Delhi to Madhubani, Bihar ~1200 km ride this weekend. I know that long highway drives are not good for the run-in period...Any suggestion here on not ruining the engine ?...
Please don't worry. Since you have already done 400 kms, you just need to be careful for another 600 kms. All you need to ensure is to be a sedate driver, no quick acceleration / deceleration (sudden braking).

Also please make sure you don't stick to constant speeds / rpms. You need to work your car through all gears and keep varying the rpm / speeds and that'll do. Please enjoy the drive and if you have times, please have the check up done @ 1000 kms (I presume it's supposed to be). You can change the engine oil & filter voluntarily though they may suggest against that.

Edit:: If it were me, I'd take the car to 3000-3500 rpm as well (in first & second gears), after it does 700 kms. I believe it's good to cover a better range during the running in.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th October 2016 at 01:07.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 09:54   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
..... Please calculate the mileage on the tank full to tank full formula instead of going basis the MID. I have personally found that to be inaccurate by at least 2-3 KMS/Pl.

I am getting an average of 16-17 on highway runs( I drive at 100+) whereas the MID shows 21-22, while in city it shows as 12KM/PL in ECO mode. So that definitely is something which I need to get checked on my next visit.

Other owners, please confirm on the average that you all see in your rides.
+1 to that. I own a Zest-Petrol. Same story here. Typically there is a 2-3 kmpl difference between MID & tankful method.
On highways tankful method gives about 17kmpl. MID shows about 19kmpl.
Hope this helps.
Old 6th October 2016, 19:38   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: September 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Tiago top variant can be bought without alloys now. Neighbour has booked one last week.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 22:26   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Congratulations on the buy, wish you many pleasant and hassle free KMS.
Please calculate the mileage on the tank full to tank full formula instead of going basis the MID. I have personally found that to be inaccurate by at least 2-3 KMS/Pl.

I am getting an average of 16-17 on highway runs( I drive at 100+) whereas the MID shows 21-22, while in city it shows as 12KM/PL in ECO mode. So that definitely is something which I need to get checked on my next visit.

Other owners, please confirm on the average that you all see in your rides.
Hi Guys,
I own a Tiago XZ Petrol purchased on all India launch date. I've done around 3500 kms so far. Initially I was too worried about the mileage of this car because whenever I used to full the tank the orange refuel indicator will turn on too soon after few hundred kms. So I calculated the mileage by filling petrol brim to brim. When the first time i filled upto brim, it swallowed 44.2 liters when the fuel indicator was blinking. I maintained a speed between 70-80 kmph in CITY mode and after 40 kms refilled again upto brim. Surprisingly, it got full in 1.52 liters only, that means I draw 26.315 kmpl of mileage.

Also the next time when I went to trip I got a snap of the mileage indicator from the console, see what it shows in the picture.
I don't want to comment on city mileage because it will differ from city to city depending upon road and traffic conditions.

Drive Safe and always wear seat belts. Happy Driving
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20160903wa0001.jpg  

RidehardAK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 14:47   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidehardAK View Post
Hi Guys,
I maintained a speed between 70-80 kmph in CITY mode and after 40 kms refilled again upto brim. Surprisingly, it got full in 1.52 liters only, that means I draw 26.315 kmpl of mileage.

Also the next time when I went to trip I got a snap of the mileage indicator from the console, see what it shows in the picture.
That's some brilliant efficiency you are squeezing from this motor. Can you explain if this is with the AC on ? even without AC, there is no doubt that this is a very good figure.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:12   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
That's some brilliant efficiency you are squeezing from this motor. Can you explain if this is with the AC on ? even without AC, there is no doubt that this is a very good figure.
Hi there,
The AC was off. But when it was on, the console was showing 22. I think we can expect around 21 kmpl. If the road is smooth and with average highway traffic.
Old 10th October 2016, 09:36   #1192
BHPian

Guys,

I did test drive the Tiago for a friend this saturday. I have some queries, I hope I'll get answers here:
1. Brakes: I found the braking ability horrible, the brake felt very hard (just like it does when the engine is off). Also, there were instances where I had to brake abruptly and was feeling uneasy because of the response and the braking distance. Can someone who already has Tiago comment on this?

2. AC/Blower: The test drive car was giving horrible blower noise. The noise resembles that of FM radio not tuned to any station (initially I thought the radio was ON). The representative told that the TD car is quite old and hence the noise. But there was very little air flow even at the highest blower speed. Not even the driver was getting enough air. Is it the problem with all Tiagos?

3. Acceleration: I found the acceleration overwhelming. With AC on all the time, and with 4 occupants the car was responding very well to accelerator input in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. The engine seemed to be rev-happy. But I couldn't feel power in 4th and 5th gears especially while overtaking. May be it was because of the AC. But can someone comment on this?

Thanks!

Last edited by pkulkarni.2106 : 10th October 2016 at 09:37.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:05   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Guys,

I did test drive the Tiago for a friend this saturday. I have some queries, I hope I'll get answers here:
Quote:
1. Brakes: I found the braking ability horrible, the brake felt very hard (just like it does when the engine is off). Also, there were instances where I had to brake abruptly and was feeling uneasy because of the response and the braking distance. Can someone who already has Tiago comment on this?
Brakes are good on Tiago, I have the Diesel Non ABS version and stopping distance is less. Even under light braking, they do well to bring speed down. Drive a different Tiago and check again.

Quote:
2. AC/Blower: The test drive car was giving horrible blower noise. The noise resembles that of FM radio not tuned to any station (initially I thought the radio was ON). The representative told that the TD car is quite old and hence the noise. But there was very little air flow even at the highest blower speed. Not even the driver was getting enough air. Is it the problem with all Tiagos?
Again, AC is very good. In the pre production batches, there was complaint regarding AC and Tata has rectified it to an extent. The newer cars have very good AC although the blower noise is higher on speeds of 3 & 4. Did you switch on the Re-Circulation Button when you were driving ?

Apart from that, the reason for low air output could be a blocked AC Filter. These TD cars aren't maintained well.
Frankly speaking, the AC on the Tiago is one of the best in cars under 10 lakhs.

Quote:
3. Acceleration: I couldn't feel power in 4th and 5th gears especially while overtaking. May be it was because of the AC. But can someone comment on this?
This is because 4th & 5th gear are considered top gears and they are meant to keep RPM and noise level low at high speeds. In the Tiago, 3rd gear is the best when planning for overtakes while 4th gear comes handy when you want to overtake but for that you need to be above 70-80 kmph, below that it struggles.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 14:38   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
it swallowed 44.2 liters when the fuel indicator was blinking . I maintained a speed between 70-80 kmph in CITY mode and after 40 kms refilled again upto brim. Surprisingly, it got full in 1.52 liters only, that means I draw 26.315 kmpl of mileage.
I thought the tank capacity is 35L. That's an amazing average you are able to get, my recent highway run this weekend gave me 17.4 which is not bad considering the car was consistently driven above 100 and touching 130+ also at times.

I agree that the in city average depends on the traffic conditions, In Gurgaon, where you have stop go traffic it is bound to be a lot lesser.However with ECO mode on I am getting a measly 10-11.

Anyways, post crossing the 4500KMS mark the car has come into its own, it struggles to move from 80-100, but post 100 it becomes a different animal and reaching 110-120 does not require much push, the RMP hovers above 3K

Last edited by Eddy : 10th October 2016 at 15:43. Reason: fixing quote
Arkanile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 17:31   #1195
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors is sitting pretty with the Tiago, which has registered over 50,000 bookings and now commands a waiting period of over 4 months for select variants.

Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors:

Quote:
"The sales of Tiago have been increasing month after month, At present, we are doing around 5,000 units. Our impact design philosophy has been widely accepted by our customers. The main trigger behind the success of Tiago is the design. We are seeing a different set of customers for Tiago. Young executives and young families are buying Tiago."
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 17:37   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors is sitting pretty with the Tiago, which has registered over 50,000 bookings and now commands a waiting period of over 4 months for select variants.
A call to couple of dealers here in Pune and I was told confirmed delivery within 2 months.

Not sure if both dealers were bragging and were just looking for a booking, but I think I even saw an advert by TM somewhere stating confirmed delivery in 2 months.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 10:14   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
A call to couple of dealers here in Pune and I was told confirmed delivery within 2 months.

Not sure if both dealers were bragging and were just looking for a booking, but I think I even saw an advert by TM somewhere stating confirmed delivery in 2 months.
Sometimes the dealers brag about this. Initially they say delivery time is very less to lure you into booking the car. Later on they make you wait till eternity.
Old 13th October 2016, 12:40   #1198
BHPian

Guys, any news about the launch of Tiago AMT during diwali. I didn't find any such information on the Internet. I am badly waiting for one, and will book the moment it is announced. No HEXA in 2016, so I expect TML can at least launch Tiago AMT and Sports version during the festive season.
Old 13th October 2016, 15:47   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

The top variants of the Tiago account for 60% of all sales, according to the Hindu Business Line. They are also commanding a 3-month waiting period.

Tata Motors is in the process of ramping up production of the Tiago further, to meet the rising demand for this diminutive little hatchback.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th October 2016 at 15:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 17:04   #1200
Senior - BHPian

My Tiago reached the 1000 kms Milestone last week (Saturday).
Ownership Report will be coming soon (Hopefully it will be the First one on Team BHP)

ODO Reading - 1111 kms

Tata Tiago : Official Review-wp_20161008_0011.jpg

Average Fuel Economy of Last Trip

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161010_0759147481.jpg
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks